Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

is that the same guy who said he was bringing back both WCW and ECW

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao is this the dude who brought back WCW

I sure as hell hope so. Those twitter accounts eventually disappeared, didn't they? Wonder how long this one sticks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GODDAMN DAVE

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1370488024480452611?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

as if this wasn't amply demonstrated by them spending hours lambasting the explosion dud versus maybe 15 minutes for apollo creed's new racist gimmick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I guess someone's never heard of this World Wildelife Fund thing

pfft, who'd they ever beat

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pinche Rudo posted:

Rush opened a restaurant in Mexico City...
And here's what LA Park has to say...

https://twitter.com/MicromanFever/status/1370219852632363008?s=19

This rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

A whole lot of poachers to the point of torture and death

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Lamuella posted:

vince mcmahon

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

A whole lot of poachers to the point of torture and death

Good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Not so much

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

OK that's different from what I was thinking.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I hate heel v heel feuds

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

lmao is this the dude who brought back WCW
Pretty sure it's a different person, who apparently made local headlines awhile back when he registered trademarks for the Continental Basketball Association and the CBA team the Albany Patroons shortly after the league/team folded and did nothing with them but is trying to get paid off to 'grant use' of the names.

Presumably he's doing the same pseudo-patent-troll thing here.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Vince MechMahon posted:

Like the Kenny mic thing, I think the people complaining about this have never actually held a microphone and think the pop filter is padding or something. They're loving heavy, they're hard, and underneath the pop filter is usually a sharp rectangle that you could very easily gently caress someone up with if you did it any harder than Kenny or Maki.

Maybe don’t do the spot then? I have not seen the full show so do not have the context of the spot, but it’s embarrassingly poor. Bit weird AEW opening themselves up to further lambasting after the ring explosion thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i didn't watch it but

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

Maybe don’t do the spot then? I have not seen the full show so do not have the context of the spot, but it’s embarrassingly poor. Bit weird AEW opening themselves up to further lambasting after the ring explosion thing.

Further lambasting by people who will lambast anything AEW does should not be a concern for them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

i didn't watch it but

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

true wrestling fans don't watch any show, they just post online about them :justpost:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Even though Maki could have swung the mic in a way that would have made a more convincing hit, anti-AEW twitter would then start asking "why did a microphone hit KO Mox but left Shida fine to wrestle a match

The moral of the story is that AEW is right to not be cowed by bad faith critics

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

if you've ever dropped/broken a mic and had someone scream at you about how mics cost $15,000 or whatever it might make you hesitate

not that anyone would ever scream at a pop idol for any reason at all

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Anyone being a baby about how hard or soft she bopped with those mics needs to find a different hobby

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i think the worst part of that match was actually shida getting beat up by reba and vickie when she should easily destroy both at the same time but only a few people have brought that up compared to being mad at maki because shes corny's latest target

Counterpoint: Reba/Shida’s crutch vs kendo stick sword fight was fun and good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Slamming the mic on her head with in ear monitors in and AEW having no idea how to mix live sound so her monitors were probably still turned up high could have lead to blown eardrums. This is a stupid criticism designed to keep people from talking about how good of a match it was over all and how one of the only legit complaints against AEW is quickly being solved.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
When I saw it I thought haha that mic shot was weak, anyways I'm gonna rewind and watch that whole sequence again because holy poo poo it ruled all around. And then I watched it 3 or 4 times because holy poo poo it ruled all around.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

tbh the only bad thing is Broken Matt Hardy proved rasslin fans are, shall we say, not great at salute hand gestures so if they're going to keep her entrance the same(and they should) they should definitely make sure her chorus gesture can't be construed as anything untoward

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Eat My Fuc posted:

Slamming the mic on her head with in ear monitors in and AEW having no idea how to mix live sound so her monitors were probably still turned up high could have lead to blown eardrums. This is a stupid criticism designed to keep people from talking about how good of a match it was over all and how one of the only legit complaints against AEW is quickly being solved.

they only solved the legit complaint by piping in NBA game audio, which had better sound mixing

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I thought Itoh bonking Shida with the mic the way she did was just part of her being bratty.

I didn't think anything of it until other people brought it up.

Maybe she should've strapped a yellow jockstrap to her head and given the business a level of respect that would satisfy Justin Credible.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

ICR posted:

Yo umm

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1370087129452314627?s=20

Like, uhh.

This is the guy who has sexual harassment charges still pending on him right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?!?!?!?

They may have been dropped actually but still, dudes story was national news.

And they’re bringing in some other players who don’t have charges on them:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1368999968908845058?s=21

And have bad rear end names like SLICE BOOGIE

Slice is awesome. He’s worked a couple shows for my Zealot Pro Wrestling company. I wish he would get picked up by AEW. He would be the perfect third for a PNP trios team.

https://youtu.be/eN0NwcstCjA

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Maki Itoh could’ve wrestled like the second coming of Bobby Eaton and Cornette and his fans would’ve had the exact same opinion as they do now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

how one of the only legit complaints against AEW is quickly being solved.

They’re fixing the audio?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They’re fixing the audio?

The women’s division is what I meant, the audio should stay it’s endearing

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Seams posted:

Maki Itoh could’ve wrestled like the second coming of Bobby Eaton and Cornette and his fans would’ve had the exact same opinion as they do now.

Look at this untrained Japanese schoolgirl cosplaying a wrestler. Back in my day, we had guys like Tugboat cosplaying a sailor and that was real wrestling, goddamnit!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Alaois posted:

i didn't watch it but

Yeah sorry, I’m sure the spot where a wrestler taps another wrestler on the head with a microphone really softly would’ve looked much better had I sat down and watched the whole show first.

I like AEW. I have no truck with them and when I have time I watch Dynamite ahead of anything WWE does. I get that there are weird anti-AEW gimmicks on Twitter and I’m sure it’s telling that one of them has retweeted this footage, but as a casual viewer, coming across that, I’m rolling my eyes and thinking it’s rather lame.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so you didn't watch the show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Who the gently caress is a casual viewer

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I’ll hopefully get around to it, I’m a few weeks behind. And when I do I am sure I will see the errors of my ways.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Pylons posted:

Who the gently caress is a casual viewer

Some people watch wrestling now and again, not every week. I’m one of them, for example.

EDIT: ok let me flesh this out a bit further. I realise the wrestler in this clip is a PSP favourite so originally I was quite excited to catch up on Dynamite, and see her in action to see what the fuss is about. Having seen this clip, sadly, now I’m not AS excited, because I think it’s a really jarring clip that looks too fake to suspend my usual disbelief. That’s my point.

britishbornandbread fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 13, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i fully recommend you plug a microphone into some headphones and swing it at a wall a few times to see why she didn't do that when she realized it was still live

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

flatluigi posted:

i fully recommend you plug a microphone into some headphones and swing it at a wall a few times to see why she didn't do that when she realized it was still live

As per my original post, absolutely can understand why she didn’t whack her opponent in the head with a mic, live or not. Maybe then, don’t do the spot? Could have even gone down the Punk/Hardy route with one good, hard bonk and then disregarded it. I don’t know I didn’t finish booking school.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I love Maki Itoh, I think she's currently underrated as a worker, she's made huge strides as of late and most of her in-ring poo poo looks really good, I was there live for the formation of the Itoh Respect Army so I'm well aware of how far she's come, but both of her AEW appearances were not up to par. Though I'm not gonna blame her for that. The AEW production team has fuckin' issues and anyone who tries to deny that after the last week of flubs is a fuckin' rube. I really cannot fault someone for not being that into her entrance on Wednesday. Every single performer was hitting their poo poo and doing a great job but the sound mix sucked once again and the camera work was a mess and I still found it all funny but it was hard not to think about how much better it would have been if they'd just held one long shot for the entirety of that brawl.

Like, I went "I'm glad she didn't brain Shida with that mic" but I also thought "That shot shouldn't have been so tight, or from that angle, it looked like poo poo," she did the right thing but they presented it in the wrong way, it's pretty fuckin' simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That spot lasted...what, 10 seconds at most? It's a really dumb thing to be worked up about.