Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It is kind of amusing to hear the butthurt comments in the Armored Patrol link about how they've checked the "force historical skins" thing and still get "forced" to see golden tanks, ablooblooblooooo.

You know, in their ~totally realistic tank game~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

My top 10 tanks:

1. Toldi
2. Birch Gun
3. Pz4 Schmalturm
4. ARL V39
5. Obj 244
6. St. Emil
7. TVP VTU
8. Setter
9. Mauerbrecher
10. VK7501

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Let no man say I am not a consumer whore. In my defence the TS-5 is one of my favourite tanks and this skin looks drat good.

E: the advanced joke getters on the official forum are complaining about the skins being bad because they "almost make the tank look like toys". In further news, what the gently caress is this transparent liquid falling out of my showerhead, don't they realize I could get wet if I stand under this thing, god drat who designed this piece of poo poo thing?

Never thought I'd see the day.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 12, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Add the LT vz. 38 to list of fun tanks I like. I generally don't low tier sealclub cause the game bad enough already but from time to time I play that as well as the John Hopkins University tank in low tiers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
$16 for that skin?

Yeah, no.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They're selling the WH40K KV-2R again, too. But based on what might be happening to HE soon, :nallears:.

I also have a problem paying ~$30 for a T6 tank. That's low-grade T8 money.

I mean, what the gently caress, why is the T-44-100 such a loving white whale all of a sudden?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 12, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wow, 30 bucks. I think I paid like 15€ or something for the KV-2(R) when it came out. I mean it's a premium KV-2 so it's worth its weight in gold, but yeah... 30 is a bit much.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They're selling the WH40K KV-2R again, too. But based on what might be happening to HE soon, :nallears:.

I also have a problem paying ~$30 for a T6 tank. That's low-grade T8 money.

I mean, what the gently caress, why is the T-44-100 such a loving white whale all of a sudden?

Because it's one of the best tier for tier tanks in the game. They only put it on sale when Serb wants a new boat.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WGing put in a sale to exhange blueprints for stuff.

I exchanged some USSR prints for the IS-3 skin (Still have 210 lol...)

What is the ulterior motive from WGing here

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Trying to level Czech mediums. Here is a game where 10 enemy players are in M10 premiums or Hetzers. Good luck, motherfucker. Hope you weren't planning on doing anything but dying.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BadLlama posted:

Don't think this is an ulterior motive thing from them, I think it's just a blueprint sink for vets who have nothing left to spend them on.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I like the skin but I don't want it. I already piss people off enough with the skin I have:

I prefer Communism

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

Don't think this is an ulterior motive thing from them, I think it's just a blueprint sink for vets who have nothing left to spend them on.

Meanwhile today Eekeboo was asked during the WoT stream why there's very few universal blueprint fragments and a bunch of national fragments in the battle pass. Because people WANTED more national fragments and less universal ones, apparently.

Who? Who wanted that? WHO?!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. I do wish it wasn't so loving rare to get one's hands on the +100/250k and +850k single crewman booklets.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Meanwhile today Eekeboo was asked during the WoT stream why there's very few universal blueprint fragments and a bunch of national fragments in the battle pass. Because people WANTED more national fragments and less universal ones, apparently.

Who? Who wanted that? WHO?!

Hi. It's me. The guy who wanted more universal. Because I never have enough to use my national fragments on.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hi. It's me. The guy who wanted more universal. Because I never have enough to use my national fragments on.

I'm drowning in national fragments and legit have like 6 universal fragments. And there's no reliable way to get more!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Wait doesn't Eeek work for WG?

Since when the hell does he know what people want

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I like the skin but I don't want it. I already piss people off enough with the skin I have:

I prefer Communism

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'd actually pay money to be able to buy packets of those bigger training manuals.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How do you even use those manuals? I have a couple and no clear way wtf to do with them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

RosaParksOfDip posted:

How do you even use those manuals? I have a couple and no clear way wtf to do with them.

Top left corner on the screen above the crews in the garage and below the cogwheel / your in-game name. Click on the icon that has three heads on it (To the left of the checkbox that says accelerate crew training). Go to crew books for the selected tank to see if you have any crew books available and then use it if you wish.

Keep in mind you need to have your crew belonging to your tank. Crews swapped out on premium vehicles will not work and the UI will guide you on where their true home is.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The crew also has to be already fully trained for the tank, so you can only use skill books to increase skill exp.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I prefer Communism

Fuckin' fite me IRL

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Fuckin' fite me IRL

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/gently caress-gently caress-gently caress-internet-tough-guy-also-actual-tough-guy/

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Fuckin' fite me IRL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats so fuckin cool

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im loving dead that takes the cake

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Man, the arty rework is dumb as hell. AP is like 400 damage with arty accuracy on a 30 second reload and the damage HE doesn't have a big enough damage difference from the stun HE with zero splash.

There is literally no reason to use anything other than the stun HE. Plus stun gives you like 10 seconds to leech damage on the off chance your brain damaged teammates manage to hit something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

There is literally no reason to use anything other than the stun HE. Plus stun gives you like 10 seconds to leech damage on the off chance your brain damaged teammates manage to hit something.

Yup. Feels like they gave it about 20 seconds of thought.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

rebalance arty to recycle bin.exe

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

:hmmyes:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Then add the wheeled tanks.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats so fuckin cool

I'm not even American (EU server) but hoo boy sometimes someone takes notice of my dumb poo poo then remembers their precious Soviet beliefs (which is loving incredible when you consider just what the USSR did to Eastern Europe -- maybe they just despise the US?) and I get called all sorts, as if I'd desecrated a grave site. I'll grab some screens next time :buddy:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Please do

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm not even American (EU server) but hoo boy sometimes someone takes notice of my dumb poo poo then remembers their precious Soviet beliefs (which is loving incredible when you consider just what the USSR did to Eastern Europe -- maybe they just despise the US?) and I get called all sorts, as if I'd desecrated a grave site. I'll grab some screens next time :buddy:

Keep this handy, I used to keep it on tap for the times I'd play on the EU Test Server before they made a US one available, especially back during the all-chat days: Жаль что у Сталина не хватило патрона на твоего деда.

It roughly translates to "It is a pity Stalin couldn't spare a bullet for your grandfather."

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Russians don't play on EU, and also that would catch you a ban incredibly quickly I would think.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

Russians don't play on EU, and also that would catch you a ban incredibly quickly I would think.

Either many Russians do, or many people on the EU servers speak Russian, because holy crap do you see a lot of Russian in EU chat.

And also the test servers mix EU and RU players.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

McGavin posted:

Man, the arty rework is dumb as hell. AP is like 400 damage with arty accuracy on a 30 second reload and the damage HE doesn't have a big enough damage difference from the stun HE with zero splash.

Arty missions are gonna be fun if the change goes through. :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait doesn't Eeek work for WG?

Since when the hell does he know what people want

Yeah he's their top EU community manager for WoT. I mean I suppose it's possible that some lunatics are demanding less universal fragments, but I genuinely don't understand how that could be.

I feel like I must be missing some crucial method of obtaining universal fragments.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I have tons of national and no universal. All I wanted from this exchange really was some of the 2D styles and universal booklets.. but guess what those are only available for universal blueprints. I don't get why they limit some things to universal only when I (and probably others) have a ton of national I need to get rid of and would like something other than training booklets. Moreover, I don't understand why WG insists on having events but puts up so many roadblocks that limit people from actually taking advantage of them...

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 13, 2021