Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think thoughtslime's analysis is pretty basic but at least they pass the low bar of not defending landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TS is bad? Aw. I like Scaredy Cats.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Out of the videos of his I’ve seen I tend to agree with his points more often than not, but I hate the smug, sarcastic way he delivers them. It usually feels like he’s just padding out a simple message that could be presented in half the time if he wanted to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sarcopenia posted:

That sure is a gross word to use in this context. I'm sorry someone called someone a tankie though, that most have been really gross, awful and diminishing for you to read. :,(

The movie literally invented a fake son for the dude who owned the farm Tubman was owned on just to make sure when the actual history of the original farm owner dying and Harriet running and all happened the movie could give them a weird 'what if he could change though' c-plot, I'm not sure what the offensive part there is other than the plotline itself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Inoffensive if presented annoyingly sometimes videos is surely comparable to the fuckheads who love a far right murder tourist, for sure, definitely not an extremely moronic comparison.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

The movie literally invented a fake son for the dude who owned the farm Tubman was owned on just to make sure when the actual history of the original farm owner dying and Harriet running and all happened the movie could give them a weird 'what if he could change though' c-plot, I'm not sure what the offensive part there is other than the plotline itself.
I don't care what the bad movie does, I think that your use of the word master was super gross.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CharlestheHammer posted:

What I’m gathering from this is TS is awful but his fans are very devoted. Reminds me of the destiny stuff going on right now

I don't particularly like any of their vids but this is a dog poo poo line of thinking. Just really stupid.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Thoughtslime is smug and that's my favorite part, but I can see why it'd rub people the wrong way. I also enjoy Scaredy Cats.

Also can't hear THE MONEY any other way now, so...there's that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thought Slime seems ok

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
drat some people really hungry for blood in the water huh

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CharlestheHammer posted:

What I’m gathering from this is TS is awful but his fans are very devoted. Reminds me of the destiny stuff going on right now

Are you seriously comparing Thought Slime to the guy who advocates for gunning down BLM protesters in the streets if they're blocking traffic too much? :stonk:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

it is at this point that I must ask you to touch some grass

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

More like Thought Crime

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1370572243445645312

Cinema Bobert thinks Shrek is really reactionary or something???? I don't know lol

Bob is basically a Disney PR guy now. This tweet makes more sense when you realize he was probably paid to tweet it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

*moviebob to the entire rural population of the United States* WAHT are ye DOING in MAH BAHKYARD?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

The original Shrek was made to make fun of what an rear end in a top hat Michael Eisner was though because he fired or forced Jeffrey Katzenberg out of Disney. Its plot is literally “Michael Eisner is a huge loving rear end in a top hat and he’s ruining animation (read: Fantasyland) because he’s a huge loving rear end in a top hat.”

How the gently caress does a man with the word “Movie” in his chosen moniker not understand cinema history?

actually Shrek is a boomer/karen archetype before our time. see this picture from the original book.

Jamie Faith posted:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1370572243445645312

Cinema Bobert thinks Shrek is really reactionary or something???? I don't know lol

so is this supposed be a joke or has he finally waddled into reactionarytown proper.
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1370572676973137920
bobs a weird one.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Thought Slime seems ok

he is fine and most of his stuff is solid. i am not comrad theorycraft man so whatever. making GBS threads on weird uber online tankie types isnt the worst crime.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 13, 2021

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, I don't know if either of the few Thought Slime videos I've watched were anything groundbreaking but they're not bad little rants. I think the last one about the culture war worked. A slightly cathartic 10 minutes over how dumb it all is followed by light despair over the fact that you either ignore the "culture war" and let them control the narrative and rack up points or engage and let them distract from actually important poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, I don't know if either of the few Thought Slime videos I've watched were anything groundbreaking but they're not bad little rants. I think the last one about the culture war worked. A slightly cathartic 10 minutes over how dumb it all is followed by light despair over the fact that you either ignore the "culture war" and let them control the narrative and rack up points or engage and let them distract from actually important poo poo.

yeah, none of them are anything new. but i liked some of them. like the one about that nazi book and the one about the various lazy batman arguments. i dont watch his stuff for marxist/anarchist theory or whatever.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 13, 2021

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
thoughtslimes got a few bangers at at least from my pov no bad ones.

his trilogy on jobs he's worked is a good reminder that bosses need to be destroyed

his batman video is the best possible answer to "isn't batman a fascist", which is bullshit, and essentially tells people that the left are all terrible killjoys here to take away your comic book

his superman video is great but that might just be because anyone can sound great when they talk about stuff that happened in All Star Superman

his she-ra video is one of the best things on YouTube but I might be biased because it was really the straw that broke the camels back for me finally just admitting (to myself and others!) that hey I'm nonbinary. it's a good examination on how dipshits fabricate the culture war to push their ideological desires but that's not news to anyone in this thread.

there's good videos that aren't about cartoons and comic books but those last three are the ones I'm most willing to rewatch.

(also when someone called him out for a lovely thing he did he apologized and then made a video that basically said "gently caress you everyone calling this cancel culture, they were right", which is p good)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

seems like a left culture warrior type with an annoying sense of humour

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Dongicus posted:

seems like a left culture warrior type with an annoying sense of humour

No, I don't think he's on Chapo Trap House.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Thoughtslime and the Chapo boys bother have bizarre and frequently wrong taste in movies, but he doesn't have the stamina to extend his takes to a 90 minute episode.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

There's a new Dorktown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLNQ83vm2g

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thought Slime also tries to help out smaller channels by showcasing them in the Eyeball Zone/Solidarity Corner but also realizes that sometimes his content would bring bad eyes so he doesn't do it on those videos.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

muscles like this! posted:

Thought Slime also tries to help out smaller channels by showcasing them in the Eyeball Zone/Solidarity Corner but also realizes that sometimes his content would bring bad eyes so he doesn't do it on those videos.

Yeah I love the eyeball zone thingie he does, it's always fun finding new creators. Thought Slime is good people.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
TS is the last content creator I'd expect to generate this much criticism but I guess I underestimate goons and their ability to dislike things.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Salt factory released a follow up to their KOTOR video for KOTOR II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swqf1N9_vWc

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Queer Salutations posted:

No, I don't think he's on Chapo Trap House.

both suck rear end so its an easy mistake to make

muscles like this! posted:

talking like a bloodborne NPC lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
enter the eyeball zone

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Dongicus posted:

both suck rear end so its an easy mistake to make

Is that why I keep confusing you with them as well?

Anyways have some actual content so maybe we can stop with this terrible debate.

Puppet History is back on Watcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb4CizX2Kj8

Drawfee decided to draw cartoon characters and let an AI turn them into real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFOSFCIurA

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

swing and a miss lol

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chapo is also good op.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Stop watching politics on youtube.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

egg tats posted:

his batman video is the best possible answer to "isn't batman a fascist", which is bullshit, and essentially tells people that the left are all terrible killjoys here to take away your comic book

This was his one bad take because Batman sucks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Saying someone (often minorities who feel the side effects of a huge and popular story that even accidentally glorifies authoritarianism) critiquing a story = 'taking away your comic book' is cool, not weird culture war insanity at all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

matban

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'this critic saying a story where a billionaire beats the poo poo out of mentally ill people while the city crumbles is literally why the left can't win' ~ a normal view.

Also of all the ones, 'batman is kinda hosed' is such an old nerd joke by now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

I don't care what the bad movie does, I think that your use of the word master was super gross.

Mate, what are you trying to achieve here?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Batman cool, Chapo suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I've only watched one video from ThoughtSlime and it was his recent "sub celebration" one on imposter syndrome. It was really freaking good. Very relatable for a lot of us YouTubers and folks who generally talk poo poo on the Internet, to be honest (so y'know, probably biased towards that subject).

So yeah I'm not sure I understand where a lot of this vitriol's coming at really. Like, he seems perfectly ok when it comes to the whole field and THE DISCOURSE.