Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ludovico technique the entire province of alberta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm pretty sure just living there is punishment enough

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

and viddy films i shall

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
a co-worker of mine who happened to be unfortunate enough to live in edmonton for a while said that being stuck inside because of the pandemic is still preferable to edmonton under normal circumstances. i think he was dead serious when he said that

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

a co-worker of mine who happened to be unfortunate enough to live in edmonton for a while said that being stuck inside because of the pandemic is still preferable to edmonton under normal circumstances. i think he was dead serious when he said that

There is two weeks in the late summer where Edmonton is glorious, otherwise I would have to agree with your co-worker.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
fall in edmonton is really good

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
nothing in Edmonton is good. ever.

lol at being such a poo poo city you repeatedly get owned by Winnipeg.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Fringe is good in Edmonton

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Edmonton is no shittier than any other hellhole

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

A Russian troll farm posted:

Edmonton is no shittier than any other hellhole
You used to be able to travel to get out of it temporarily. Now... man...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I stayed in downtown Edmonton and enjoyed it.

They have a nice river walk and paths.

No city is 100% poo poo.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
starting to think this thread is exclusively populated by calgarians, what with all this edmonton hate

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They don't call it deadmonton for no reason

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

pokeyman posted:

starting to think this thread is exclusively populated by calgarians, what with all this edmonton hate

edmonton loving sucks

mcdavid is withering away and dying amidst your hell city

and i'm from HAMILTON

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Colonel Cancer posted:

They don't call it deadmonton for no reason

they call it that because is rhymes

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the loving Calgary flag is some Arby's poo poo

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

calling it eadmonton would be the better own because you can't be arsed to spell it right or even attempt humour

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

https://www.stampeders.com/fight-song/

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Edmonton has better people in it overall, but it's worse than Calgary in every other way

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Calgary sucks less but Edmonton doesn't have cowboy cosplayers

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

"hey, we're maybe only marginally better or marginally worse than Calgary" is an argument lost before it has begun.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Edmonton used to at least have a non-hollowed out art scene, somebody got to that too though.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the river valley is cool and also the density of passable middle eastern food and nothing else about edmonton .

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I've been to Edmonton once and everything was strange about it. Like just being in the city made me feel uncomfortable.

We where at some mall on like a Tuesday afternoon in mid-late September and it was loving packed. I couldn't wrap my head around around that so many people weren't working or in school at the time.

Then we returned on the Sunday and the downtown core was a complete ghost town.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Virtual Russian posted:

"hey, we're maybe only marginally better or marginally worse than Calgary" is an argument lost before it has begun.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Its just named Redmond in 2277.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saalkin posted:

I've been to Edmonton once and everything was strange about it. Like just being in the city made me feel uncomfortable.

We where at some mall on like a Tuesday afternoon in mid-late September and it was loving packed. I couldn't wrap my head around around that so many people weren't working or in school at the time.

Then we returned on the Sunday and the downtown core was a complete ghost town.

the west edmonton mall is a tourist trap, its the only thing worth seeing in edmonton

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rutibex posted:

the west edmonton mall is a tourist trap, its the only thing worth seeing in edmonton

not true we also have the metal ball sculpture

edit: and a traffic circle that goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes to 1 lane + bus stop before looping back around to 2 lanes

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Edmonton is by far the nicest place in Canada East of the rockies, and west of Ottawa.

Yeah it kind of sucks, but so does literally every place in the prairies, at least Edmonton has nice walking paths and safe places for queer folk to hang out in.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Edmonton is by far the nicest place in Canada East of the rockies, and west of Ottawa.

Yeah it kind of sucks, but so does literally every place in the prairies, at least Edmonton has nice walking paths and safe places for queer folk to hang out in.

Makes sense since Edmonton is by far the only place in Canada east of the rockies and west of Ottawa

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
brian pallister has spent the last two months blaming the feds for not providing enough vaccine but it turns out manitoba has tens of thousands of vaccine sitting in freezers and another hundred thousand on the way. we are on track to only do 60k first doses this month.

someone put this rear end in a top hat out to pasture already Jesus

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:zybourne:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 16:58 on Jun 28, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

WE HAVE THE MEAT

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Bilirubin posted:

WE HAVE THE MEAT

WE HAVE A PEPPER BAR

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

How long until "parody in minecraft" is prosecutable as a credible threat?

Depends what you are doing in minecraft

"I'm going to block the roads to protest pipelines in minecraft" - you going to the slammer buddy. That is if the drivers of this fine server don't run you down with their car now that it's not illegal to do so.

"I'm going to beat up the players with different skins in minecraft" - eh they are usually good ol boys letting off some steam. Plus they have known ties to the admins of the server.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Rutibex posted:

It wasn't even the west Edmonton mall.

It was closer to downtown.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
So uh how lax are say, Saskatchewan and NW Ontario's vax guidelines. In-province health card a must? Lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
someone post edmontonthegame.jpg

i cant find it

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

So uh how lax are say, Saskatchewan and NW Ontario's vax guidelines. In-province health card a must? Lol

Ontario is being run by individual PHU, so there's some variation. You almost definitely need some sort of health card, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if an out of province one worked in more remote areas.

My brother actually got vaccinated in the chronic high-risk condition group, despite being just in his late 30s (in a more remote area). Here in Hamilton, they're not even talking about the possibility of booking that anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

RBC posted:

someone post edmontonthegame.jpg

i cant find it

I Think this is it?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/qZNcqfZ