Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Madkal posted:

Imagine killing a complete stranger because someone didn't pay 1 million dollars to your bizarre extortion scheme. Apparently that happened quite recently in Alberta, Canada. Everything about this case is so loving bonkers.
god imagine BEING killed by some stranger as a means of intimidating some other stranger. like the poor dead dude didn't have anything to do with anything here, did he? just some guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Unofficial sequel to fargo looking weird

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

InediblePenguin posted:

god imagine BEING killed by some stranger as a means of intimidating some other stranger. like the poor dead dude didn't have anything to do with anything here, did he? just some guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_pVzyhXHw&t=39s

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I don’t recall seeing this last year:

A man died in a burning Tesla because its futuristic doors wouldn’t open, lawsuit alleges

The last moments of Awan’s life were gruesome and excruciating. After the crash, the Tesla’s lithium ion battery caught fire, according to a wrongful-death lawsuit. Smoke — and then flames — filled the car, suffocating Awan and burning him from his feet up. Outside, a crowd gathered but couldn’t help.

That’s because the car’s retractable door handles, which are supposed to “auto-present” when they detect a key fob nearby, malfunctioned and first responders weren’t able to open the doors and save Awan, the suit alleges.

Edit: This is what brought it up:

Busket Posket has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Mar 7, 2021

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Busket Posket posted:

I don’t recall seeing this last year:

A man died in a burning Tesla because its futuristic doors wouldn’t open, lawsuit alleges

The last moments of Awan’s life were gruesome and excruciating. After the crash, the Tesla’s lithium ion battery caught fire, according to a wrongful-death lawsuit. Smoke — and then flames — filled the car, suffocating Awan and burning him from his feet up. Outside, a crowd gathered but couldn’t help.

That’s because the car’s retractable door handles, which are supposed to “auto-present” when they detect a key fob nearby, malfunctioned and first responders weren’t able to open the doors and save Awan, the suit alleges.

Edit: This is what brought it up:

According to the article after he died they extinguished the car fire and towed it to a tow yard where it promptly caught fire again.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptPDsuQPa8

The creepy factor comes from the uncanny valley today. I remember reading about Kyoko in a kid's science book way back in the early 2000s, and it seemed like the perfect fit for my eclectic research into weird Web 1.0 poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Heck yes IDK why but I had rush here just to Post this unsettling poo poo in relation to your video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuI4l0jK7s

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I think the charley project website has been down for a couple days, which is a bummer because it’s my go-to read when I have free time.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/skymarkwhite/status/1369438725206401033?s=19

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
lol yes customer service is the problem here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cops are rapists and murderers, really shouldn't be news.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cops are rapists and murderers, really shouldn't be news.

The quote "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" really needs a addendum of "no, loving seriously, they are the biggest threat to public safety"

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/tesla-ex-security-employee-alleges-theft-drug-dealing-and-wiretapping-at-gigafactory.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-didnt-help-police-with-investigation-2019-12

A security guard for Tesla blew the whistle on shady stuff going on at the Gigafactory, and he was fired. In fact, fired personally by Musk himself. The DEA had actually warned Tesla about cartel activity in the Gigafactory, which they ignored because they were worried about their stock price. There was also rampant theft of copper and other material, that's like 37 million dollars worth of poo poo that got pilfered from there and management didn't even care, in fact they wanted their own security to shut up about it and for the police to go away.

And this isn't some BS rent-a-cop either, Karl Hansen was "a special Agent assigned to the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, Protective Services Battalion" before he retired from the military.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Pretty sure musk was a key player in the Epstein coverup.

loving christ. Cannot believe we're not likely going to get justice and find out who else was involved in the sexual abuse.

Here's a palate cleanser, eugenics tea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSSQtkFgRs

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Mar 11, 2021

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
🎶 It’s a... family tra-di-tioooon...

The Fall of Armie Hammer

Armand [Armie’s great-grandfather] had multiple mistresses, including Martha Kaufman—a mother of two who divorced her husband after meeting Armand, and whom he put on Occidental’s payroll as an art consultant. When Armand’s wife, Frances, grew suspicious, Armand had Martha legally change her name to Hilary Gibson—insisting, according to Epstein, that his mistress wear wigs, glasses, and makeup to change her appearance. The affair lasted over a decade, with Armand promising to take care of her and her children after he died, she later told Epstein. Per the biographer, she drove a car with a homing device, used a tapped phone, and submitted to his sexual demands even when they were “extremely humiliating.” When Armand died, she learned that he had left her out of his will.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Her body was found and the cop had already been a red flag factory (surprising no one).

A police officer was arrested this week in Kent, 80 miles southeast of London, and is being held on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering Ms. Everard, who was 33.

He also remained in custody on suspicion of indecent exposure in a separate incident that appears to have occurred days before Ms. Everard’s disappearance. The regulatory body overseeing the police is investigating whether two officers acted appropriately in handling that case.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Jedit posted:

Can we rule out the possibility that Droogie knew so much about some of this stuff because he was responsible for it? :ohdear:

If it will make you feel better, goon who may never see this!

I haven't been here (the forums) in years! I have written nothing in years because of depression mainly!

I was just thinking about this thread. A redditor and goon (maybe ex goon now I think?) reached out and wrote a blog post about the West Mesa Murders, since, well, you know it's still an open and unsolved case. It's here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/m00dgk/west_mesa_murders_the_burial_ground/

This goes into it some and has better maps than my posts.

The spot where the women were found is now a memorial park after so many, many years. Maybe I should go take some photos of it.

The mesa is still a loving spooky place the second you leave the last street of the city.

Them's the updates.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I watched something the other day, an ID show (lol, that channel and my relationship with it), and it talked about a murder in a mesa area. I don't recall if it was AZ or NM though. Victim's name was Roxanne/Roxy, and she lived in an eccentric and very poor community of artsy types, anarchists and some sketchier characters in an area known as Two Peaks, I think. Is that in the same area, Droogie?

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Victim's name was Roxanne/Roxy, and she lived in an eccentric and very poor community of artsy types, anarchists and some sketchier characters in an area known as Two Peaks, I think. Is that in the same area, Droogie?

You're thinking of Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks. Common mistake.

But seriously, there was a string of killings in that area near Taos New Mexico, but I know very little about them. Those occurred roughly two and a half hours northish of Albuquerque.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Droogie posted:

I haven't been here (the forums) in years! I have written nothing in years because of depression mainly!

I was just thinking about this thread. A redditor and goon (maybe ex goon now I think?) reached out and wrote a blog post about the West Mesa Murders, since, well, you know it's still an open and unsolved case. It's here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/m00dgk/west_mesa_murders_the_burial_ground/

This goes into it some and has better maps than my posts.

The spot where the women were found is now a memorial park after so many, many years. Maybe I should go take some photos of it.

The mesa is still a loving spooky place the second you leave the last street of the city.

Them's the updates.

HOORAY YOU’RE BACK!!! :sickos:

I’ve had multiple conversations with people where I bring up your previous posts. I’m sorry to hear things have been rough, but glad you’re still around.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Droogie posted:

You're thinking of Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks. Common mistake.

But seriously, there was a string of killings in that area near Taos New Mexico, but I know very little about them. Those occurred roughly two and a half hours northish of Albuquerque.

Yeah, Taos! Those are the murders I'm thinking of. I dunno how many turned out to be connected, if any--or even how many, exactly, are solved, even. I do know that the Roxanne one I mentioned was solved, and it turned out to be perpetrated by a local and acquaintance of the victim's. He had, like, no actual discernable motive, besides being a murderous piece of poo poo that was itching to use his (super recognizable, European) pistol. Roxanne was a Wiccan, and after the killer's arrest, he began drawing these doodles of a cowboy-esque figure on horseback with a gun and titling them "witch hunter" this and that. If I recall correctly, the prosecutors and a lot of other folks--myself included--are of the opinion that he likely never even considered Roxanne's religion before and as he murdered her. He may not have even known, actually. But it came up during questioning and the pretrial/trial, and so he probably just latched onto that aspect a d claimed it as a motive after the fact.

Terra-da-loo! has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Mar 13, 2021

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Busket Posket posted:

HOORAY YOU’RE BACK!!! :sickos:

I’ve had multiple conversations with people where I bring up your previous posts.

This is quite surreal. I've heard this a few time and it's odd every time to me. I did do a little digging into 'where are they now' stuff about some of the things I typed up and have found a few interesting notes or interesting things by way of silence. I'm still digging, I may have a brief update later. Might be time to take up writing things again for my own sanity.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Good to see you again! I'm in a chill local goon Discord if you ever wanna try socializing as you get your mental health back. Just say the word and I'll send an invite.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Droogie posted:

Sorry to hear it. I hope you're coping, at least. You also missed some lovely and stressful times on SA that are now past, so it's all to the good in the long run.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Busket Posket posted:

Her body was found and the cop had already been a red flag factory (surprising no one).

A police officer was arrested this week in Kent, 80 miles southeast of London, and is being held on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering Ms. Everard, who was 33.

He also remained in custody on suspicion of indecent exposure in a separate incident that appears to have occurred days before Ms. Everard’s disappearance. The regulatory body overseeing the police is investigating whether two officers acted appropriately in handling that case.

And guess what the cops are doing?

https://twitter.com/counterfireorg/status/1370899755786702849

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Cops gonna cop.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Pennsylvania Woman Accused of Using Deepfake Technology to Harass Cheerleaders

very cool and good society we live in

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
The article wasn't accessible for me but this one was.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/bucks-county-raffaela-spone-cyberbullying-deepfake-20210312.html

That is so cruel an awful. Reminds me of those PTA parents that planted drugs in that other mothers car.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Goddamn all these parents should be on a list. Who the gently caress is a traveling cheer team for?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wasabi the J posted:

Goddamn all these parents should be on a list. Who the gently caress is a traveling cheer team for?

The parents

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Could have been worse though
https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-cheerleader-murder-plot/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Really shouldn't be surprising that cheerleading is a ludicrously toxic scene from nearly every angle.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

An occasional coworker has a daughter in traveling cheer. It sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Ban all children's competition outside of the education system holy gently caress.

poo poo, I'd even argue it should be banned within the education system, but kids do want to play ball sometimes, and an administration at least sometimes provides oversight.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Reminds me of the mom that made a fake profile of a boy on MySpace and used it to first catfish a former friend of her daughter and then bully the girl until she hanged herself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's like a 90% chance all those parents thought of themselves as "mama bears" and didn't doubt they were doing the right thing.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
“I’m just a Tiger Mom! That means I camouflage myself in the shadows of foliage, then leap out and crush the throat of anyone who dares to upset my shnookie-poo! #girlboss”

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Wasabi the J posted:

Ban all children's competition outside of the education system holy gently caress.

poo poo, I'd even argue it should be banned within the education system, but kids do want to play ball sometimes, and an administration at least sometimes provides oversight.

Yeah, it leads a lot of conflicts of interests with schools, like million dollar football stadiums.

I like how Europe (and I guess ROW) handles this. The schools might have some teams for funsies but anyone who is any good is going into a pro team's youth squad. The schools stay schools and not a farm system for rich pro teams. There is no incentive for the schools to invest in facilities to host the games at all either.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Really shouldn't be surprising that cheerleading is a ludicrously toxic scene from nearly every angle.

I ended up watching Cheer on Netflix and had to turn it off because listening to Coach Karen going off on the squads was a buzzkill.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

Reminds me of the mom that made a fake profile of a boy on MySpace and used it to first catfish a former friend of her daughter and then bully the girl until she hanged herself.
Oof yeah, Megan Meier. That one really stayed with me.

Another case of piece of poo poo syndrome that always stuck with me were the neighbors who bullied and mocked a young mother dying from Huntington's and later went on to do the same to her 7 year old daughter who was dying from the same disease for no discernible reason.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/terminally-ill-year-olds-family-bullied-neighbors/story?id=11851233

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

skooma512 posted:

I ended up watching Cheer on Netflix and had to turn it off because listening to Coach Karen going off on the squads was a buzzkill.
Didn't multiple of the participants on that show get charged with soliciting nudes and raping children?