Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1370736655091568654

what more ORGANIZING does she want? She's already IN Congress, and there's already a Democrat in the White House, and there's already a Democrat majority in the House and Senate!

there's literally nothing that pisses me off more than congresspeople telling us to 'organize' for an agenda.

WHAT THE gently caress GOOD ARE YOU?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
all power flows from a barrel of extremely good vibes, forward-thinking emoji use and free cobra premiums 'til september

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

gradenko_2000 posted:

what more ORGANIZING does she want? She's already IN Congress, and there's already a Democrat in the White House, and there's already a Democrat majority in the House and Senate!

She wants to keep the donation money rolling in

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1370583705039818757?s=19
https://twitter.com/camiloreports/status/1370538212549136385?s=21
https://twitter.com/camiloreports/status/1370540753722732552

No, more kids in cages!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

there's literally nothing that pisses me off more than congresspeople telling us to 'organize' for an agenda.

Bernie basically said the same thing with his campaign, that he couldn't get everything done and it was important to build a mass movement outside the government powerful enough to force lawmakers to act. We already know the Dems don't give a poo poo about the left so we need to find a way for them to have to give a poo poo.

AOC has a lot of problems but her telling people to organize isn't one of them

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Reporting this post for whataboutism. We need to keep the focus on the uyghur genocide and posts like these are just upsetting. Do better.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

The President literally said he doesn't want to do this so what are we supposed to do?

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Shipon posted:

Bernie basically said the same thing with his campaign, that he couldn't get everything done and it was important to build a mass movement outside the government powerful enough to force lawmakers to act. We already know the Dems don't give a poo poo about the left so we need to find a way for them to have to give a poo poo.

AOC has a lot of problems but her telling people to organize isn't one of them

The only mass movements I remember that actually worked recently have all been riots, and I don't think that's what she's asking people to do.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Eggplant Squire posted:

what are we supposed to do?

stop voting for them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1370904183491198984

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I loving called it

I called it FOREVER AGO

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i'd be totally down for a war between the US and England so i think this is great news, i'll definitely vote for her

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I heard about a NYT article that said Biden is secretly working on legislation that will fix all of this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gradenko_2000 posted:

The last group of people who organized got arrested for trying to tell their congress people how they feel.

AOC is trying to kill us.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is very funny regardless of how true it is

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

People talking about buttigieg vs kennedy in 2024 when Biden loses. Lol you cowards. You fools.

Meghan Markle 2024

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bout time to come full circle and be ruled by the British again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No see, Joe said he doesn't like this, so it's fine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao daily mail trying to get America to hate her.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

by "organize" she means "convince yourself that your failure is to blame for not getting what you want" to try and stifle the justified outrage at openly naked corruption and lack of progress. You ORGANIZED but you should have organized harder! Darn! Next time!

for example, I'm sure Nichael feels partly responsible for losing whatever stupid race that was in wherever it was. He spammed 24,000 posts constantly everywhere about that stupid loving race so when it was lost the establishment wants him to think that he simply didn't annoy more people with constant spam links about his dumb loving bullshit. This is all a way to smother dissent.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Goons: "We can't rely on these leaders to actually do anything, that is liberalism"

Also goons: "How dare you tell us to do something instead of wait for you to deliver us to Elysium?"

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
ive been maligned elsewhere so id like to say unequivocally that no one should brigade or invade any forum, and in fact no one should ever post anywhere ever again, for any reason, in my opinion

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Just vote. Vote those kids out of those cages

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
just a few more phone calls and letters you guys and representatives will finally listen and vote for good things

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lmao

https://twitter.com/AdamMurphy/status/1370589706048606209

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Goons: "We can't rely on these leaders to actually do anything, that is liberalism"

Also goons: "How dare you tell us to do something instead of wait for you to deliver us to Elysium?"

Yes, but also neither you nor those goons are wrong in their thinking. This is why our founding fathers were geniuses.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

This is literally the same speed the Trump bucks went out if the IRS had all your direct deposit info correct.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1370552388919123971?s=19

well, the first stimulus checks took like 6 weeks IIRC because the IRS was setting everything up. The second round went out blazingly fast for government, within 10 days.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

considering the level of ~organizing~ required to get debt cleared would mean replacing the president and most of congress yes I will call it loving rich for the lady who constantly works with and supports those very people to say 'it's time to start organizing' as if countless groups haven't BEEN organizing already.

You dense motherfucker.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'hello five year old who's been here for a week, would you say this is at least better than under Trump?'

'what?'

'well there you have it folks, the camps are good now'

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

KaptainKrunk posted:

the liberal media doing a full court press calling this just the start, most progressive legislation ever is utterly loving baffling to me.

none of this poo poo gets passed again without covid.

It's just so when childhood poverty doubles they can point to it and tell you you're ungrateful and no of course we won't be passing any marginally helpful legislation

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
gosh why did no one tell me my constituents were suffering. I would have voted for good thing years ago.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

considering the level of ~organizing~ required to get debt cleared would mean replacing the president and most of congress yes I will call it loving rich for the lady who constantly works with and supports those very people to say 'it's time to start organizing' as if countless groups haven't BEEN organizing already.

You dense motherfucker.

Somehow it seems to always come back to trying to find a reason to not engage, finding some sort of crippling flaw that justifies giving up and quitting. There's an instinctive reflex for goons to decide that they're above it all and that they're actually in the correct for wallowing in their own misery saying "Oh we couldn't have done anything". Similar language in this following quote:

Ytlaya posted:

Everything other people have said aside, here's one way to think about this: I think you would agree that there's hard proof at this point that AOC and other congressional progressives have directly rejected the approach of opposing Democratic leadership and not cooperating unless their demands are met. This means that the only path they could be seeking to accomplishing things is to get enough left politicians in Congress to literally win votes on their own - in other words, replacing virtually every single Democratic politician.

Do you realize that this is completely insane and about as unrealistic as a plan can possible be? The future where the left primaries enough people to pass left policy like MfA won't happen any time in the next 20+ years (if that).

You guys act like we're being overly cynical by not having faith in people like AOC, but I don't think you realize how utterly hopeless your own vision is. The only way for the left to exercise any power in government would be for them to be a separate minority faction within the government that is hostile towards both major political parties. AOC's approach (trying to do what little good you can as part of the Democratic Party while gradually winning primaries) is not a valid approach if you want to actually accomplish anything before most of the people in this thread are collecting social security.

There's a problem with your framing, though. "Replace every single Democratic politician" isn't actually the only route to that endpoint, you can also replace Republican politicians. And don't tell me that's impossible, not after we've already spent years upon years saying that Republican voters were reachable too while pointing out that broadly popular policies are popular regardless of political party.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmao bro are you serious

I mean:

gradenko_2000 posted:

She's already IN Congress, and there's already a Democrat in the White House, and there's already a Democrat majority in the House and Senate!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gee maybe I don't know the democrats should probably actually leverage their power and actually loving pass poo poo????? and poo poo that people want???? Just a suggestion haha lol hehehe

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Yes, but have you considered that democrats are worthless?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

the 2016 lover posted:

ive been maligned elsewhere so id like to say unequivocally that no one should brigade or invade any forum, and in fact no one should ever post anywhere ever again, for any reason, in my opinion

it's so pathetic. they won their elections, they killed $15/hr and got their lovely band aid bill passed, but that's not enough, they have to be universally liked as well. anything else is intolerable.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sullat posted:

well, the first stimulus checks took like 6 weeks IIRC because the IRS was setting everything up. The second round went out blazingly fast for government, within 10 days.

These are the first direct deposits and both times those started going out within a few days last year.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

AOC and co could have held the stimulus bill hostage in return for concessions on minimum wage or student debt or anything at all. Instead she did nothing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Yes, but have you considered that democrats are worthless?

Sorry can't hear you over the sound of me "organizing" (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

The only mass movements I remember that actually worked recently have all been riots, and I don't think that's what she's asking people to do.

they didn’t work. a boogaloo started the police fire in Msp and got a momentary budget cut that was reversed a few months later. everyone else accomplished even less