Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The brothers were interviewed on an NPR podcast as podcast experts talking about their new podcast book about podcasting if you're in the mood and really want to podcast your podcast while you're podcasting today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Hargrimm posted:

The brothers were interviewed on an NPR podcast as podcast experts talking about their new podcast book about podcasting if you're in the mood and really want to podcast your podcast while you're podcasting today.

This is probably the whitest thing that's ever happened

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Haha gently caress, yes I meant GLASS shark. The Shark's weight shouldn't matter I'm sorry, I shall cancel myself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

IronicDongz posted:

everyone has seen the muppets, nobody calls that face or any face 'muppeting'
:goonsay:

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I know we just got through a long “Travis’ face” derail, but I just saw his Tik Tok for the first time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

walking past that exhibit in the Whitney as fast as i can

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Alaois posted:

walking past that exhibit in the Whitney as fast as i can

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

And here I thought the animatronics in Willy's Wonderland would be the most terrifying thing I saw this week

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
?????

Just Chamber posted:

Yea reading that quote its fine but of course it's not really shocking it's been misconstrued and blown out of proportion so much, this is a fan base that freaks out at silly things like Fat Shark and frequently overreact to the slightest thing so they can accuse the brothers of not being the most progressive people on the planet.
I'm still annoyed that people got mad about the whole "publicly telling off someone who was selling bullshit pseudoscientific cures" thing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Phlag posted:

I know we just got through a long “Travis’ face” derail, but I just saw his Tik Tok for the first time.

He's been posting these to twitter, too, and I'm pretty sure these are all him eating salad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

travis is living his best life

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

IronicDongz posted:

?????
I'm still annoyed that people got mad about the whole "publicly telling off someone who was selling bullshit pseudoscientific cures" thing

It wasn't a good look, FOR SURE, but in my limited experience the people who got upset about it are mostly the ones who are on social media jumping at any perceived gently caress up of the mcelroys as some kind of gotcha towards its fanbase.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Stroop There It Is posted:

Would love to read more of y'all's grudge fanfics though

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2935110/1/The-Grudge-World-Virus

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I read the entire thing and have to thank you for exposing me to this underrated literary masterpiece.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis' open mouth lives rent free in posters' heads

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Everyone who isn't a goon knows what muppeting is.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ive heard that it was called 'soyface'

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Where did you hear that? That's the first I've heard of it

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Everyone who isn't a goon knows what muppeting is.

Lmao, source?

e: like I have literally heard multiple zoomers irl refer to that face as soyface, I have never once heard anybody ever call it muppeting or what ever.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 14, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Farg posted:

ive heard that it was called 'soyface'

Oh now you've done it!

Btw chiming in to say I still think graduation is okay and was definitely yikes at the drug scene but upon review I can see how it was just a dumb moment and not intentionally skeevy.

I was more amused travis couldn't think of "a potion" as something that imbues the drinker with special powers abilities or senses in a fantasy world.

"it's dru -- um, a potion..." *wink*

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

It’s called muppeting because it looks like someone’s got a hand up your rear end

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't know how much JJGO crossover there is here, but Jordan's incredibly dumb new segment on last week's episode had me physically debilitated from laughter.

Starting at about 27:50

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/jordan-jesse-go/ep-677-bucket-q-paintbucket-with-jenny-jaffe/

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Reaverbot posted:

It’s called muppeting because it looks like someone’s got a hand up your rear end

Got a genuine lol out of me

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
some people smile with their mouths open

it's fine

gently caress you

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
As a photographer it is poison if your posed smile is not identical to the expression you make when you laugh in the genuine. The point of a smile is to illicit a positive emotional response from the viewer, not to focus on why you look like you're forcing a smile. Modeling is in a lot of ways like acting, and for someone with an acting background like Travis, it's weird as gently caress to not know why you're supposed to smile normally.

Now shut the hell up about his smile you can't even hear it during the podcasts.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

um excuse me posted:

As a photographer it is poison if your posed smile is not identical to the expression you make when you laugh in the genuine. The point of a smile is to illicit a positive emotional response from the viewer, not to focus on why you look like you're forcing a smile.

I get a bit unsettled when my friends pose for pictures because they don't look like that when they laugh, and I prefer more candid shots because of this. I just find most "say cheese" pictures boring at best, and that's about where Travis' smile resides.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Studio portraits can be extremely boring, but what makes good use of creative composition and what sells are not the same thing. People like familiar. Familiar sells. Just smile normally.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i don't want to see anyone's open mouth. mouths are wet and gross. we should only communicate by grunts and taps until we figure out how to do it with our minds

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gee golly I hope there is an episode of mbmbam to free me from this--oops there's the munch squad

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

i don't want to see anyone's open mouth. mouths are wet and gross. we should only communicate by grunts and taps until we figure out how to do it with our minds

Based.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shinjobi posted:

Gee golly I hope there is an episode of mbmbam to free me from this--oops there's the munch squad

I haven't listened myself but I heard on the internet that the first half is nothing but Sad Libs until Justin inturrupts one with a Munch Squad then after the money zone they do Glass Shark again for 30 minutes. The boys are so cancelled after CNN finds out about Glass Shark!

Edit: also Griffin didn't say a word the whole episode. I am sure he is furious and is going to quit the family and go back to working at TCBY.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 15, 2021

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Justin probably said the N word but there was too much mouth noises and bubblegum chewing to get a clear listen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

bad news, the whole episode is just travis silently making that face, frozen into a horrifying rictus

you can't hear it but you can definitely tell it's happening

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I was confused why this one was over an hour, and it ends up they have a guestpert this week. I might actually listen this week because I actual like Montaigne a bit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought it was weird that Griffin was replaced by his impersonation of Dr. Strange.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

MBMBaM 552: Introducing Fredo Cooljazz

Alright I'm a little excited

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

montaigne owns and that was a good decision

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What a cute new theme!!!

Maybe if it ever gets performed live it will actually get performed with energy and fun, unlike the times John Roderick wormed on stage and belched out bad karaoke where it seemed like he hadn't picked up a guitar in 20 years

e: also they removed the sexpert part, if the thread keeps complaining maybe travis will stop doing the face

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 15, 2021

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

The 7th Guest posted:

e: also they removed the sexpert part, if the thread keeps complaining maybe travis will stop doing the face

That can be arranged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The 7th Guest posted:

Hot drat, I do love me some enablement!

And jesus that adventure zone bit was a whole bunch of nothing. I don’t understand why folks seem to go out of their way to make villains out of bunch of goobers that have made careers out of benign over backwards to be inclusive and whatnot. Travis mouth notwithstanding.