Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

One of my coworkers is incredibly powerful and drinks black Keurig-cup coffee and then when it gets cold he just sticks it back in the microwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

God of War was good but I too am over dark cinematic AAA games

i've never played any of the older gods of wars and never will but i liked dad of war enough to platinum it (not that it's hard to do at all) after a friend insisted i borrow his copy. the story is fine, certainly not very dark, but i really liked fighting all the optional valkyries

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

One of my coworkers is incredibly powerful and drinks black Keurig-cup coffee and then when it gets cold he just sticks it back in the microwave

I drink coffee black but I read recently that if you microwave it when it gets cold, it destroys the caffeine. I have no idea if that's true or not but I just make more coffee now. gently caress keurig though! Offices love it, but it's so bad for the environment.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do you work with my little brother? He'll pour a carafe of coffee into a tupperware and reheat it in the morning. I imagine at work he's worse.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 14, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't use a keurig but I do the other thing.

Mainly it happens when I'm in the middle of gaming

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A co-worker of mine once criticised my tea preparation ("How can you drink that? It's not hot enough!") while throwing two tea bags into a mug of water and milk and then nuking it in the microwave for several minutes and I still struggle to imagine how ravaged her tastebuds must be to be able to drink the results and find pleasure in it.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 14, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also I wanna talk about Siralim Ultimate a little bit and how it's miles better than Siralim 3 in terms of gameplay flow. I'm not as far in as S3 but I'm already having way more fun because of the class system. In S3, classes were kind of weird because they provided mostly negligible bonuses, like "+1% attack per level" but here they're much more structured, and my team is hilarious.

My class is Sorceror, which means all of my spells go off twice. The starter monster is an Octopus Mage, who casts Magic Missile any time someone casts a spell. Yes, that also goes off twice. So, if it casts Magic Missile once, it hits, procs two additional hits, goes off again, procs the two hits again. He is nuts.

But he's not strong enough. So I have a second monster, called the Salamander, who has a 50% chance to cause all spells to go off twice. This doesn't potentially double the casts of Magic Missile to 12, because remember, each of the original hits procs two more casts. Four main hits, with four bounces each, so it's TWENTY total hits if you get really lucky.

Not enough damage, because that's only one monster, and you've got room for six. So just to make sure I survive, I have one tank monster who I have fused to have two skills - one makes him heal 10% max HP every time anyone takes a turn, and the other inflicts Weakness on all enemies when he gets attacked. His job is to cast provoke every turn and inflict Weakness.

Salamander has two spells. One inflicts Bleeding on all enemies, and the second inflicts a random debuff on all enemies. The second one is the most useful of the two, because remember, we cast all spells twice, so it actually inflicts two debuffs. But, the funny thing about Salamander is that he also has a second ability, which casts Corpse Explosion every time an enemy does with a status ailment, and it casts once per ailment they're inflicted with. If they were inflicted with, say, three ailments, once from the double-cast debuff and once from my tank getting hit, that's six casts of Corpse Explosion, per enemy! Two enemies die, that's twelve hits! And, it has a 50% chance of getting cast twice!

Basically the game's nuts. That's just one example strategy I've found, because I also am eyeing another strategy where you cast a spell on an ally that kills it and distributes its stats to enemies, and then another monster uses two passives that increases its stats by 20%, and then also replicates all stat gains and passes them to allies. You combine that with a Unicorn who revives one ally every time it attacks and just continually blow up your ally for massive stat buffs. Game rules.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've played 7 hours of Siralim Ultimate today and this game is very good. I'm excited to see how overpowered I can make some of these classes when I unlock them!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also I wanna talk about Siralim Ultimate a little bit and how it's miles better than Siralim 3 in terms of gameplay flow. I'm not as far in as S3 but I'm already having way more fun because of the class system. In S3, classes were kind of weird because they provided mostly negligible bonuses, like "+1% attack per level" but here they're much more structured, and my team is hilarious.

My class is Sorceror, which means all of my spells go off twice. The starter monster is an Octopus Mage, who casts Magic Missile any time someone casts a spell. Yes, that also goes off twice. So, if it casts Magic Missile once, it hits, procs two additional hits, goes off again, procs the two hits again. He is nuts.

But he's not strong enough. So I have a second monster, called the Salamander, who has a 50% chance to cause all spells to go off twice. This doesn't potentially double the casts of Magic Missile to 12, because remember, each of the original hits procs two more casts. Four main hits, with four bounces each, so it's TWENTY total hits if you get really lucky.

Not enough damage, because that's only one monster, and you've got room for six. So just to make sure I survive, I have one tank monster who I have fused to have two skills - one makes him heal 10% max HP every time anyone takes a turn, and the other inflicts Weakness on all enemies when he gets attacked. His job is to cast provoke every turn and inflict Weakness.

Salamander has two spells. One inflicts Bleeding on all enemies, and the second inflicts a random debuff on all enemies. The second one is the most useful of the two, because remember, we cast all spells twice, so it actually inflicts two debuffs. But, the funny thing about Salamander is that he also has a second ability, which casts Corpse Explosion every time an enemy does with a status ailment, and it casts once per ailment they're inflicted with. If they were inflicted with, say, three ailments, once from the double-cast debuff and once from my tank getting hit, that's six casts of Corpse Explosion, per enemy! Two enemies die, that's twelve hits! And, it has a 50% chance of getting cast twice!

Basically the game's nuts. That's just one example strategy I've found, because I also am eyeing another strategy where you cast a spell on an ally that kills it and distributes its stats to enemies, and then another monster uses two passives that increases its stats by 20%, and then also replicates all stat gains and passes them to allies. You combine that with a Unicorn who revives one ally every time it attacks and just continually blow up your ally for massive stat buffs. Game rules.

I've got a really similar team to yours! I picked the Evoker too and the amount of magic missiles I've got going off after every spell cast is honestly a bit absurd and then I added the salamander to the mix. This is great :D

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nocontextkirby/status/1370966042508357639

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

My older sister would reheat spaghetti in a microwave without any water so it'd get all superheated, gross, and oddly crystalized, and then she'd put it between some bread and eat it as a spaghetti sandwich.

:barf:

the gently caress do you do to spaghetti that would ever make it crystalize

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Probably means that portions of the noodles had totally dried out between being leftovers and being micowaved

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I started up the demo for Outriders and I don't hate the story. The gameplay is complete trash: supremely unfun Gears of War knockoff with Destiny style loot & classes, floaty controls, and everything is a bullet-sponge. The game is horribly unoptimized and the graphical style is classic early-aught 50 shades of dingy brown. But the story - what the hell! I keep getting pleasantly surprised by the twists and turns of it so far. Something about the presentation of it all is captivating, and it's supported by fairly good voice acting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not to sound like a prick, but played right the game isn't particularly bullet spongey, imo (and you can scale the sponginess to your liking with the world level). One thing that might help is not to think of the game as a cover shooter, but as an action rpg with shooting where you might occasionally duck into cover for a breather. Cover became more obstacle than safeguard as I grew more comfortable with the game. This'll depend on your class to an extent, but it's a game that generally promotes aggression (e.g., everybody heals by wacking enemies). Blue gear (not that rare) can also significantly modify and improve your powers.

I didn't love everything about the demo, but it left me intrigued and hopeful. They got some good ideas, and seemed to have taken note of lessons others learned the hard way (I see quite a bit of D3 influence).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The story cutscenes were definitely the worst part of the Outriders demo lmao. I almost never skip cutscenes in games and even I was mashing spacebar through the gobbledegook.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did you go with devastator?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I played Trickster, got to the end of the demo, and haven’t thought much about the game since.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey come post words about beat em ups in the Beat 'Em Up Megathread

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 14, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Your post links to a YouTube video.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fixed now!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am going to play Outriders (either rental or Gamepass if it is) because Aerith's VA played through the full demo 3 times and even if she owes a lot to Square Enix I don't think she owes them that much

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It seems like the kind of game that's destined to end up on Gamepass.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Been thinking about picking up CrossCode again

I got about 2/3-3/4 of the way through last year, back in July - it's been long enough now that I'd have to start over, which for that game is... daunting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Got my entire family with the "lick a Switch cartridge" test :v:

It's actually even worse than I remember it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this whole thing in Diablo 3 where you get to 70 and your power level plateaus until you can start collecting full gear sets is just as lame as I remember

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah that's a rough whole 15 minutes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Been thinking about picking up CrossCode again

I got about 2/3-3/4 of the way through last year, back in July - it's been long enough now that I'd have to start over, which for that game is... daunting

I just started it over for a second try yesterday. Though for me I'd only made it partway through the first exploration area before getting bored so it wasn't that big a deal. I still think two back to back long outside zones without much in the way of puzzles or anything interesting is a bit much before the first dungeon. But the dungeon was fantastic once I finally got there and I'm more into it now so I think I'll stick with it all the way. Good luck!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Well, beat Kiwami 2 yesterday. Some people I had not seen for about 20 hours of game time showed up and I fought the man from the cover art. Was pleasantly surprised that the lady cop did not die.

Briefly played some Yakuza 3, and that sure is a PS3 game. Not sure I have the patience for three of those before getting to Y6, but we'll see.

Played about an hour of Prey and the reveal was pretty good, though I'm a bit skeptical about all this crafting malarkey I see.

Have a blessed Sunday, Goons.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Briefly played some Yakuza 3, and that sure is a PS3 game. Not sure I have the patience for three of those before getting to Y6, but we'll see.

I just couldn't handle it, it feels so old and out of date and worse than 0, K1 and K2 in a way I can't look past, doesn't help the first few chapters are so badly paced.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I really liked CrossCode but I agree that the areas feel a little long. It wasn’t so bad in hindsight but it made long play sessions a little tiring. There is one area where you have two dungeons back to back, and you can choose which one to do first. That was a little much and I had to give myself a breather.

However, the story was very good and there are some moving parts that brought a tear to my eye, and the combat was engaging all the way through the end. I didn’t grind for endgame equipment materials but there was only a few parts where I felt like my gear hadn’t naturally stayed in the same power level as the enemies.

I hear the DLC is out and I should pick it up and see what it’s all about, but I know I’m going to have to remember endgame combat like right away. Those duels with Apollo aren’t loving around.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Finally time for a bit of soul Sunday.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I have a friend who I play artsy indie games with, and he loved stuff like Detention and (to a lesser extent) Yuppie Psycho, so we tried playing The Cat Lady together, but I think it was too slow paced and lengthy for an in-person social play through and he bounced off it.

I think I'm gonna try playing it again soon, but on my own. I loved its art-style, atmosphere, and I thought it was cool having a depressed 40-something woman as a protagonist. It gave me lit-fic novel vibes, and I was definitely intrigued by it.

Walla posted:

Also, we're accustomed to driving. An hour drive to go shopping or for dinner is normal around here

As someone in the western US, this is insanity to me. If I can't get there within a 30 minute walk or a 15 minute ride, it might as well not exist to me lol. Maybe it's a state-by-state cultural thing though. When I used to live around Sacramento, people talked about their cars like they were their second homes; it kind of wigged me out.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 14, 2021

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Playing Y3 after YK1 and YK2 is definitely an adjustment. I am enjoying the story though.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

yakuza 3 is pretty rough in the gameplay department but god drat the story is incredible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

I really liked CrossCode but I agree that the areas feel a little long. It wasn’t so bad in hindsight but it made long play sessions a little tiring. There is one area where you have two dungeons back to back, and you can choose which one to do first. That was a little much and I had to give myself a breather.

However, the story was very good and there are some moving parts that brought a tear to my eye, and the combat was engaging all the way through the end. I didn’t grind for endgame equipment materials but there was only a few parts where I felt like my gear hadn’t naturally stayed in the same power level as the enemies.

I hear the DLC is out and I should pick it up and see what it’s all about, but I know I’m going to have to remember endgame combat like right away. Those duels with Apollo aren’t loving around.

I've only done one so far but I feel like I'll be fine with back to back dungeons. It's the overworld exploration I find a bit dull since it's just combat and light platforming to smash trees and rarely much else.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've picked up crosscode again, now

god help me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:lea:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redreader posted:

I drink coffee black but I read recently that if you microwave it when it gets cold, it destroys the caffeine. I have no idea if that's true or not but I just make more coffee now. gently caress keurig though! Offices love it, but it's so bad for the environment.

How long does caffeine chill without microwaving? II usually make a bigger pot of coffee and drink it the next day too, just cold/room-temp. Seems like it still works, it just tastes uhh... flatter? older? i do know there is a limit on how long you can leave the coffee out before the taste becomes like sour in a different way that sucks.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lea being a very communicative and evocative rpg protag while mostly mute gives me great energy

mostly her being smug, of course, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

How long does caffeine chill without microwaving? II usually make a bigger pot of coffee and drink it the next day too, just cold/room-temp.

what the gently caress dude