Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The game does server-side verify line of sight for ability usage so I'm really curious how this "under the ground" thing even works, unless the ground doesn't count for LoS checks because they never expect you to be under it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

aers posted:

The game does server-side verify line of sight for ability usage so I'm really curious how this "under the ground" thing even works, unless the ground doesn't count for LoS checks because they never expect you to be under it.

Last time I saw over world bots do combat, They just teleport to a spot on the ground in range of the monster for the duration of the attack, disappear for what I assume is their cool down then repeat. I imagine going underground prevents them from going too far for the monster to reset.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Back when I was doing ARR sidequests for postmoogle stuff, I noticed that there were a bunch of bots doing the same sidequests; I imagine that's part of what they do when getting new ones up to the point to do dungeons. If you could teleport around I presume it'd be a pretty decent cash injection for the time rquired.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Last time I saw over world bots do combat, They just teleport to a spot on the ground in range of the monster for the duration of the attack, disappear for what I assume is their cool down then repeat. I imagine going underground prevents them from going too far for the monster to reset.

Yea that'd work, actually.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
The latest hangout for bots seems to be The Ruby Sea, farming snails or something in the northeastern part of the map. If you're on Omega you can go marvel at them now and then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

W.T. Fits posted:

Finally managed to find an open plot out in Shirogane the other day and relocate my house from the Goblet there. Was wandering around the neighborhood today when I discovered there's a jumping puzzle in Shirogane.

Yep, it's quite fun; my FC on Adamantoise had our one-year anniversary party recently and one of the party games was a FC-wide run up the jumping puzzle.

I missed first prize by like five seconds. :argh:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
One of the best feelings in this game is when you get a random dungeon drop, then realize it makes one of your usual glamour plates ten times better. :hellyeah:

75ish spoilers how on earth did I miss the eighty tons of foreshadowing of light poisoning the first time through? I might be dumb.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 14, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

first time ive had this happen. perfect score, baby

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

first time ive had this happen. perfect score, baby

Nice, I've never seen a full party clean sweep before. What did you pull off to warrant that?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

multijoe posted:

Nice, I've never seen a full party clean sweep before. What did you pull off to warrant that?
the power of casting adloquium on people when theyre about to wander into avoidable AOEs.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Skanker posted:

The latest hangout for bots seems to be The Ruby Sea, farming snails or something in the northeastern part of the map. If you're on Omega you can go marvel at them now and then.

Why would bot farms be using Ruby Sea though? You can't get there with free trial accounts so the botters actually stand to take a hit when they're inevitably banned.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Why would bot farms be using Ruby Sea though? You can't get there with free trial accounts so the botters actually stand to take a hit when they're inevitably banned.

Beats me, me and my friends were very confused by it too.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I know I'm a little late here but I finally finished up to 5.3 since starting back in September and had no one else to talk to about it. God drat, I wish I was around for its release to ride that train with everyone, but this has easily cemented its spot as the best FF story yet.

I can't see how they can top this with Endwalker going through Garlemald stuff yet again, but here's hoping.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

acumen posted:

I know I'm a little late here but I finally finished up to 5.3 since starting back in September and had no one else to talk to about it. God drat, I wish I was around for its release to ride that train with everyone, but this has easily cemented its spot as the best FF story yet.

I can't see how they can top this with Endwalker going through Garlemald stuff yet again, but here's hoping.

I'm hype for 5.5 because it'll be the first time I play through a story update at the same time as everyone else. Actually clicking the walls of spoiler boxes will be nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I once got a perfect score on Paladin when I managed to solo the last 3-4% of a trial boss (easy rear end early ARR admittedly) using Clemancy and cooldowns. That was a fun one.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Level 60 dungeons are the chillest place to relearn how to heal, glad I started running these for bitter memories on my WHM

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Any time I get all the commendations, I just assume they're in a 7/8 group.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Achievement get: Joined a premade party

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Leal posted:

Achievement get: Joined a premade party

Gotta love it when me and six friends go into trials rou and make some random DPS's day.

Bonus points if they kept dying the whole time, then they'll know the comms were comedy/pity comms.

Well back when I had six other people I could reliably queue for roulettes with lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Xarbala posted:

Bonus points if they kept dying the whole time, then they'll know the comms were comedy/pity comms.

Reminds me of how hearthstone had to get rid of all forms of communication when it turns out five friendly canned phrases are still usable to grief people.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

inferis posted:

Reminds me of how hearthstone had to get rid of all forms of communication when it turns out five friendly canned phrases are still usable to grief people.

Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Well played.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
Well played.
Hello.
*Squelched*

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wow...

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
So I just finished heavensward MSQ. Man what a ride. Slow start but really picked up to be very intriguing. Definitely worth all the hype everyone gave it. About to start the 3.X quest lines. I usually level another job while waiting for duty finder or if I just need a break from MSQ. I’m looking at ranged/caster dps. Not feeling bard or dancer, but machinist and summoner look good! Any reason why I shouldn’t pick one or the other, or any reason TOO pick up RDM/BLM.

I’d rather pick up one of the original classes that start at 1 since they will be annoying to level later. Might as well level them while I’m doing other things, so ninja/pld/monk are on the table too, if anyone has some amazing reasons why I should level them.

Currently rocking DRG/DRK at 60.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Raised By Birds posted:

Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Well played.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
Well played.
Hello.
*Squelched*

Dota 2 has one of the best ones of all time in their canned communication options

[All Chat] Relax, You're Doing Fine.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Raised By Birds posted:

Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Well played.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
Well played.
Hello.
*Squelched*

MTG Arena: Nice Move X 30

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Toastymcfly posted:

So I just finished heavensward MSQ. Man what a ride. Slow start but really picked up to be very intriguing. Definitely worth all the hype everyone gave it. About to start the 3.X quest lines. I usually level another job while waiting for duty finder or if I just need a break from MSQ. I’m looking at ranged/caster dps. Not feeling bard or dancer, but machinist and summoner look good! Any reason why I shouldn’t pick one or the other, or any reason TOO pick up RDM/BLM.

I’d rather pick up one of the original classes that start at 1 since they will be annoying to level later. Might as well level them while I’m doing other things, so ninja/pld/monk are on the table too, if anyone has some amazing reasons why I should level them.

Currently rocking DRG/DRK at 60.

Red Mage comes right out the gate at level 50 and Mech is at 30 and their levelling kinda sucks until you catch up a bit. Everyone else will be level 1 stats.

None of them are bad and they all cover a good amount of playstyles. I'd say go for whichever looks coolest right now.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dota 2 has one of the best ones of all time in their canned communication options

[All Chat] Relax, You're Doing Fine.

i'm a big fan of this one personally

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Toastymcfly posted:

Not feeling bard or dancer, but machinist and summoner look good! Any reason why I shouldn’t pick one or the other, or any reason TOO pick up RDM/BLM.

If you don't already have a healer leveled, SMN comes as a "two for the price of one" job with SCH, giving you access to that for ShB when you want to do the healer role quests.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So if someone were to try to make money to get a medium house, sinking 40ish hours into eureka is literally the only way to make that much money, right?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've literally never stepped into Eureka and have bought (and lost) multiple medium houses.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How much can a digital house cost? Ten dollars?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

stev posted:

How much can a digital house cost? Ten dollars?

Alphinaud....

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I've literally never stepped into Eureka and have bought (and lost) multiple medium houses.

Was that before crafting stopped being viable with the ishgard restoration? Everyone has every job maxed, so if, for example you make a set of Exarchic gear, you're actually paying for the privilege of pushing your macro button because the gear sells for less than the cost of raw materials

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

A Moose posted:

Was that before crafting stopped being viable with the ishgard restoration? Everyone has every job maxed, so if, for example you make a set of Exarchic gear, you're actually paying for the privilege of pushing your macro button because the gear sells for less than the cost of raw materials

Yes and no. I bought my latest a couple patches ago, but I've never made a dime on high end crafted gear, or the mats for them. Haven't done any Ishgardian resto either, except just to see what it's all about.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I still cant believe my friends were arguing about whether we could do titania ex as an undersized party and accidentally queued up in dutyfinder. The queue immediately popped and we got a pair of clueless newbies who were excited that their hour long wait had finally ended lol. We managed to drag them through it and it was very silly, I'm glad I hung onto the macro lol

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Funnily enough, Ishgard Restoration is responsible for my single biggest chunk of change I can remember.

I got a Casual Attire Coffer from the Kupo of Fortune ticket and sold it for like 1.5 mil after fees.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

A Moose posted:

I've made about a third of my total money ever gotten (that third amounts to like 70+ mil roundabout) purely with Ishgard restoration crafting, and it singlehandedly more than paid for my large house, so idk what you mean with "stopped being viable"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

HenryEx posted:

I've made about a third of my total money ever gotten (that third amounts to like 70+ mil roundabout) purely with Ishgard restoration crafting, and it singlehandedly more than paid for my large house, so idk what you mean with "stopped being viable"

what if you just stopped wasting all those materials, and sold them instead though? or are you just getting insanely lucky on kupo of fortune?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

A Moose posted:

what if you just stopped wasting all those materials, and sold them instead though? or are you just getting insanely lucky on kupo of fortune?

wdym, wasting materials? I'd rather not try to sell my huge stacks of mats for approx. 8 gil a pop in 99 stacks and clog up my retainers when i could instead crafts with them, get achievements and then sell a glamour chest for 450k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
teach me how to expert, Henry