Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Low key old school small squad raids/partisan holding actions will be easier with less tech and defenses too.

If we lose the current one the next one will be more interesting. Plus we can try out the light skin vehicles and guns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I saw a group of about 4 or so pubbies pull this off earlier in this war with just some grenades and satchels staged in a forgotten front.
The hard part about partisan flipping is having satchels, before that what else is there for building damage? HE grenades?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So there might be a two day wait before the next war kicks off to avenge this one, to reitarte once more we are Warden.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Is there a reason amphibious landings aren't really attempted anymore? The tools are all there, and when boats first came out everyone was doing them to great success.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

They are, and they can work great as a way of distracting and disrupting a static frontline. The problem is that building a base in the 15 minutes you have a foothold and then supplying it is really hard, and there is no safe way to resupply it via water, so once the enemy team turns its full attention to a landing you're basically toast. Good example of that was when the collies took an island in an attempt to flank our bridge battle. They got established on the island, dug trenches and had multiple bunker bases, but had to attack us over a single bridge. So we just held them at that bridge and used a single artillery gun to wipe them off the island. They couldn't resupply effectively so they were just trapped and slaughtered. So yeah, landings can be effective but they are highly situational.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

S w a y z e posted:

They are, and they can work great as a way of distracting and disrupting a static frontline. The problem is that building a base in the 15 minutes you have a foothold and then supplying it is really hard, and there is no safe way to resupply it via water, so once the enemy team turns its full attention to a landing you're basically toast. Good example of that was when the collies took an island in an attempt to flank our bridge battle. They got established on the island, dug trenches and had multiple bunker bases, but had to attack us over a single bridge. So we just held them at that bridge and used a single artillery gun to wipe them off the island. They couldn't resupply effectively so they were just trapped and slaughtered. So yeah, landings can be effective but they are highly situational.

Yeah, the fact that boats and amphibious vehicles are a lot higher effort than getting a truck and driving stuff to a forward base/town hall makes these offensives very hard to sustain without a lot of clan work and they'd probably be better off just having more crewed vehicles in play than a line of attack that forces a bunch of them into Foxhole Truck Simulator.

One of the understated reasons why colonials had such an advantage in tanks is that their best tank is a 2-man vehicle while the wardens' best is not only more expensive but requires a 3-crew to maximize its effect and the third crewman is just not using something that's tremendously useful. It's not a huge deal in tiny groups but getting more vehicles into play, combined with the colonial version being dirt cheap makes the balance in tank battles brutal. It's not so much the tanks themselves but everything about how much effort it takes to get them into play and working. Several logi hubs full of Silverhands fell very quickly because no one wanted to go through the trouble of manning them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So AAR of what happened to our Silverhand fleet we've had in reserve and our antics last night:

Tank #1: Built and assembled in Brodyville (same for #2 and #3) we armed up and set out paired with some pubbies for the Moors. Neither of us could transition over to the Moors due to high pop. Changed out plans to support and defend somewhere in passage area.

During out long trip around Scaithe way after pubbie tank got briefly lost and we had to turn around, they encountered and rolled over a rogue neutral mine tracking them. Awkwardly we waited folding ourself into a rapidly being constructed choke point annoying some random sappers. After this was fixed we proceeded into the right direction, briefly met a whole armored column who dissuaded us from joining us as they were going for some long flank trip opposite direction.

Fifteen minutes later we get to the front, some awkward village straddling a canal with multiple crossings being contested by our Colonial foe. Random mortar fire dropping everywhere, our pubbie partners keep going ahead despite us getting splashed and needing repairs. Eventually we nose up through the awkward village streets watching our fellow Warden infantry running around in confused cirlces. At one point a lone Colonial soldier attempted to sticky us, barely anyone crowded around the Town Hall noticed him sneak up.

We nose again towards the bridge, get splashed by some sort of AT projectile and move back to repair. During this chaos we exchange shots, then night falls limiting our goon tank commanders visibility. During this chaos we decide to keep supporting our pubbie ally tank now guarding one of the canal bridges and I the expert driver I am accidentally reverse out Hull turret gunner who ran to replenish our basical materiels for repairs.

We wait 30 seconds for him to return at the mentioned town hall then awkwardly move to try and hold the mouth of this canal bridge our manuvering crippled somewhat by these stupid narrow stone walls in this village and the other large Silverhand dueling god knows what tanks on the other side of this bridge.

Then the server decided to crash and more or less dropped us and the goons in the second slowly coming Silverhand to log on screen, we get back in to discover a Colonial using #1 to blow up the empty pubbie friendly tank. I proceed to run away and grab the needed equipment for #2, most of #1 crew call it a night as server issue was painful.

Tank #2: After tabbing halfway up back to Scaithe area with a Punt SMG for #2's commander and getting lost we finally meet up and sort our roles out before heading off in a different direction than the slowly overrun hell village prior. We choose instead to investigate Solas Gorge way after engagign with our target a Colonial Barge floating in the river suspecting it being a raider cache.

During these attacks and after blowing up some of the AT guns a Ash Grenade cloud enveloped the tank and after a few hits from AT weaponry of some kind I decided to pull the gently caress out, apparently discovering out of all four goons I was the only one alive as during our scramble to get the front filters were neglected for the most part or simply not in supply.

During the short time to repair and recollect our tank commander was sniped twiced from the cliffs, turns out both sides had small groups of raiders harassing us and delaying the advance. Once again we decided to push forward and probe these defences now alone with no support. We barely made it halfway before a series of anti-tank rockets from the cliff tracked and blew us up.

During this time I went to do logistics and our TC began a one man murder mission to clean up those cliffs.

Tank #3: The final Silverhand of the campaign for us at least, driver once more. After assembling it once more in Brodyville we decided to just go where the action was, with goon Pantaloons tagging along in a petrol truck to help with fuel issues. We attempted once more to get to the Moors. Once more we were denied. We decided to support our crumbling flank Hollow way once more and turned around.

This time when zoning in (having to debus almost all the tank crew to get in) the region some crazy bastard Colonial almost machine guns Pants and his tanker. On inspection of his (lone) corpse he was carrying several hundred rounds in multiple boxes!

After taking his stuff (Pants will depost it in the bunker of this lovely hell region we returned too) we crossed the bridge the Scaithe river once more. It's still the same situation, several tanks hovering players hanging around and sappers propping up our defenses. We meet our former goon TC, soaked in the blood of enemies who had helped clean out some of the bastards trying to delay the advance.

Earlier in a brief revenge attack between Tank #2 and #3 said TC and Pants had discovered a small gap our side that led into the hills and cliffs over looking part of that gorge. We decided to take our Silverhand that way up there. After briefly getting lost (I had been driving for hours okay) we found it and with our ally in the fuel tanker we pushed on.

Amongst the small river and water fall we surpised and ambushed a small squad assembling to harass the building attack in the gorge and then went hull down on the spot over looking the road facing the Colonial defenses led to our earlier tanks demise. Both 68 and 40mm goon gunners finally managed to get some kills on several light tanks and armored cars as well as soldiers and pubbies and helped our Warden comrades push up enough.

Sadly we got greedy and eventually some Colonials and a Tank Destroyer with them found us and we engaged in a brief attempt of fight and flight, Pants attempting to block and ram the TD with his Petrol tanker. We blew up, according to Pants his diesel tanker almost took some dudes down when it exploded.

Foxhole tanking.

Encountering a Silverhand and two other Warden tanks we crept up the narrow gorge and began to engage Colonial defenses of a series of AT turrets, barbed wire and pill box blowing up some infantry and armored cars and advancing slowly as we have limited infantry support. Sadly

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Almost a hundred silverhands were sitting in private stockpiles whenever it fell. A hilarious lootbox.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

So theorycrafting here but from what I’ve seen but next war if you have it seems like it would be relatively easy to take a quiet front with a little bit of preparation and a dozen or two organized partisans. Players tend to throw massive amount of resources into bridge fights or static fronts while a tiny fraction of that effort to reset a bunch of town halls in short succession on a quiet area of the map would cause that region to collapse and allow the frontline to advance rapidly for a few hours before the enemies dig in again.

I saw a group of about 4 or so pubbies pull this off earlier in this war with just some grenades and satchels staged in a forgotten front.

This is definitely a viable tactic, but can go sour very quickly if the right people are paying attention. I spent one night trying to pull pressure off of Jade Cove with a small group of randoms. Half a dozen of us doing vehicle sticky rushes against their tanks, then poking at Macha's before going a wide flank to reset Victa. We simply didn't have the numbers to stop them from quickly rebuilding Victa, and by the time we had the satchels for another run on it they were properly prepared to stop us. For six hours we kept pulling infantry and a tank or two away from JC to rebuild and defend a dead front.

Compare this to a multi-clan op that was in the works for 48 hours, involved almost 100 people and half a dozen tanks, as well as a Warden livestreaming disinformation on a fake nuke attempt, all for the grand effect of getting wiped by a YOLO QRF force to no gain.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Here is a solid video that explains logistics basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2vE72Fv90

We'll be looking into where Goon logstics antics will occur, who's drop boxes we'll share and what to do when the green front gets scarily close when the next war starts this tuesday.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

SeanBeansShako posted:

Here is a solid video that explains logistics basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2vE72Fv90

We'll be looking into where Goon logstics antics will occur, who's drop boxes we'll share and what to do when the green front gets scarily close when the next war starts this tuesday.

One of the biggest logistical bottlenecks in effective operations is explosive materials- the refine time is a tremendous bottleneck and tank rounds use a lot. In fact it's probably easier to spam tanks than tank ammo, so when you're doing solo rear area stuff, get some scrap in the explosive material queue ASAP. Even if we don't have a big need for 40mm ammo, we likely will, and stocking up on things like 40mm shells, artillery shells, etc will help things go very smoothly. Much like with tanks, the hard part is keeping the artillery stocked up, though artillery uses ammo a lot faster than tanks.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
RMats are hilariously easy to come by after sledgehammers come out compared to E/HEmats. I play with a group of ~8 and pooling E/HEmats is really the only way to effectively max MPF order satchels/shells which cuts off 50% cost. The timers are pretty brutal for Emats especially. If you're going to be doing group logi you'll want to share refineries and make sure everyone always has Emats cooking then whenever you have enough for a full MPF order have one person do it for that discount. Once harvesters come out rush out one to then feed the rest of the group some and you can then produce whatever you want after you reach critical mass of ~4 people. Basically have 48hours worth of EMats cooking in every refinery at all times.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 16, 2021

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

WAR 72 WERE DECLARED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYaRuK6SPxo

We're Wardens. Lets get this show on the road.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 16, 2021

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Panzeh posted:

the hard part is keeping the artillery stocked up, though artillery uses ammo a lot faster than tanks.

WW1 Problems.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Yeah this war is already off to a screaming start. We already set a new in game population record of over 3,700 and there are 12 maps with various levels of fighting going on. As a reminder for anyone playing or thinking of playing we are on the Warden faction.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Always right click scrap being refined to crate it, do not left click it. Or you pull the resources out in your bare hands and look like an idiot who needs a factory.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

Always right click scrap being refined to crate it, do not left click it. Or you pull the resources out in your bare hands and look like an idiot who needs a factory.

It's me, I am the idiot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Vorenus posted:

It's me, I am the idiot.

I did this too.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well, I'm jacking into the simulation, pressing the update button. I'm kinda in a fun space of having to leave the keyboard at a moments notice for 20 minutes, it could happen at any time durring the session. I do wonder how the world moves forward if I'm just pulled off on the side of the road with crates of bmats in the back. Engine runnin, character logged in, pushtotalk taped down to transmit me bottle feeding a fussy baby, tellin him "oh you're a hungy boy, just go ahead and eat it all up". My favorite thing about this game is when the sides of someone else's reality leaks out into the proximity voice chat.

Woodstock
Sep 28, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Well, I'm jacking into the simulation, pressing the update button. I'm kinda in a fun space of having to leave the keyboard at a moments notice for 20 minutes, it could happen at any time durring the session. I do wonder how the world moves forward if I'm just pulled off on the side of the road with crates of bmats in the back. Engine runnin, character logged in, pushtotalk taped down to transmit me bottle feeding a fussy baby, tellin him "oh you're a hungy boy, just go ahead and eat it all up". My favorite thing about this game is when the sides of someone else's reality leaks out into the proximity voice chat.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > FOXHOLE: oh you're a hungy boy, just go ahead and eat it all up

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

'Man that guy really likes his truck for some reason!'

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Grinding fronts is usually boring to me but with enough goons is actually mad fun. I’ve never been in a fight that was a complete bloodbath like today on our eastern pocket. We did dozens of suicide bombing charges until no man’s land was just covered in bodies. The sheer amount of active players everywhere was at least two times what I’ve seen in earlier wars on busy fronts.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SeanBeansShako posted:

'Man that guy really likes his truck for some reason!'

*feeds scrap into a refinery* oh you a hungy boy, go ahead and eat it all up

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
We got a clanner temporarily banned because goon squad 'stole' :airquote: a field MG to pave the way to a town hall that we subsequently took over. Accusations that it was lost to the enemy were greatly exaggerated. The seized town is the result of throwing hundreds of bodies at rifle garrisons for a couple of hours.

Mission Accomplished. :black101:

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I remember playing this not long after it first came out on Steam and back then it was quite possible to ruin an enemy front by looping a truck full of mats around their front line then building titular fox holes on the roads supplying them. That would kill so many people or vehicles heading to the front line, especially at night when people would wander right into them.

My understanding is that defensive buildings actually need to be connected to supply somehow now to stop that kind of nonsense?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Picked this game up, it's somewhat enjoyable but I feel like playing solo stonewalls a lot of the fun. Solo is just an endless cycle of holding off the front, dying, repeating ad nauseum. It would be so much more fulfilling having a proper squad to take objectives, because trying to coordinate with randoms is so difficult. There were so many situations where a simple squad of five would be more than enough to take out a pesky AT cannon that had been hammering us for the past hour. But instead, people just do half hearted attempts to take it to no avail.

I also don't get what's up with the aiming system? I'll bumrush a trench with an SMG and spray down the single guy in it, but won't kill him. He just shoots me once with his rifle in the blink of an eye and I'm downed. Seems somewhat strange that a rifle boy can oneshot an SMG boy right up in his face.

Highlight of today's game was pushing back the enemy and capturing the bridge. I just took potshots at the enemy with my rifle and managed to hit a fair few.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Patrat posted:

I remember playing this not long after it first came out on Steam and back then it was quite possible to ruin an enemy front by looping a truck full of mats around their front line then building titular fox holes on the roads supplying them. That would kill so many people or vehicles heading to the front line, especially at night when people would wander right into them.

My understanding is that defensive buildings actually need to be connected to supply somehow now to stop that kind of nonsense?
Tunnel system is long gone. Current system requires a static or constructed base "core" to connect defenses to. Defenses become active through upgrades achieved by players setting spawn at said core, then voting for the upgrade by clicking the appropriate box while interacting with the core. Defenses have to be maintained by garrison supplies submitted to the core. Your strategy is still viable, you just need actual people in those foxholes now.

Qubee posted:

Picked this game up, it's somewhat enjoyable but I feel like playing solo stonewalls a lot of the fun. Solo is just an endless cycle of holding off the front, dying, repeating ad nauseum. It would be so much more fulfilling having a proper squad to take objectives, because trying to coordinate with randoms is so difficult. There were so many situations where a simple squad of five would be more than enough to take out a pesky AT cannon that had been hammering us for the past hour. But instead, people just do half hearted attempts to take it to no avail.

I also don't get what's up with the aiming system? I'll bumrush a trench with an SMG and spray down the single guy in it, but won't kill him. He just shoots me once with his rifle in the blink of an eye and I'm downed. Seems somewhat strange that a rifle boy can oneshot an SMG boy right up in his face.

Highlight of today's game was pushing back the enemy and capturing the bridge. I just took potshots at the enemy with my rifle and managed to hit a fair few.
Don't be afraid to partisan behind enemy lines of try a solo flank, or even ask a couple of guys to join you in the same.

As far as aiming, your stance, movement, and changing facing all affect it. Elevation hugely affects it as well. Most weapons also have RNG, so you can patiently prone and zero in your bolt-action rifle on a clueless enemy only to have your round miss. It's less likely but it happens. There's a shooting range in the home island where you can experiment with different weapons and movement/stance/etc.

RNG can go the opposite way as well, you can get two-shot by an enemy who is shadowdancing like a Chihuahua on crack and it can be an absolutely rage-inducing this motherfucking hacker experience....until you do it to someone else. Then it's hilarious.

KirbyKhan posted:

The baby is probably less fussy than many of the playerbase, and cuter too. :3:

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 17, 2021

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I was next to useless in the latest bridge battle, as enemies kept climbing up the mountains and shooting from above. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a single shot to land. It just wouldn't click on them or show a red line behind them. I've also died more times than I like to people running in with SMGs, yet when I try the same tactic, every single bullet misses. Aaaaaaaaa

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Delacroix posted:

We got a clanner temporarily banned because goon squad 'stole' :airquote: a field MG to pave the way to a town hall that we subsequently took over. Accusations that it was lost to the enemy were greatly exaggerated. The seized town is the result of throwing hundreds of bodies at rifle garrisons for a couple of hours.

Mission Accomplished. :black101:

Ah this bullshit, yes because of goon rep we're going to get a lot of shade thrown our way and with our obvious tag it was going to be sadly inevitible. It's best we ignore these assholes as they will always be making assumptions, just pump those shells into our stockpiles and into the twitching bodies of our foes.

Leave the weird clan slap fighting to the twelve year olds. We've got a hungry baby war machine to feed, and it needs blood.

Qubee posted:

Chances are the dude with the SMG was being partly buffed by the trench system or fully braced and angled getting the full shield. Game has a cover system that makes automatics lethal if they bunker down and brance. When you are near something a shield icon pops up, empty means no cover, half means well half and a full shield means next to a direct hit with explosive you can handle some gun shots.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 17, 2021

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Qubee posted:

I was next to useless in the latest bridge battle, as enemies kept climbing up the mountains and shooting from above. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a single shot to land. It just wouldn't click on them or show a red line behind them. I've also died more times than I like to people running in with SMGs, yet when I try the same tactic, every single bullet misses. Aaaaaaaaa

One of the more useful things to do is help out with HE rushes when someone decides to set up a martyrdom operation, 5-6 guys throwing HEs will absolutely wreck any bunker complex. We could probably easily sweep the foxhole lines clear if we had people willing to push 40mm guns around, too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Patrat posted:

The earlier defense and Foxhole spamming meta is long gone, some elements that didn't suck remain however remain. Trench networks and the defenses associated with them do need some sort of logical form of connection and they decay too.

Also, here is a simple video covering the basics from the guy who did the logistics video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUE4-8X9jlk

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 17, 2021

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Strongly recommend you play around on the firing range, once I learned the quirks of the system it’s actually not bad and you’ll find yourself winning shootouts. You’re probably firing while in unstable positions much more than you realize. The range gives you a graph showing your stability with moving/recoil

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The firing range is annoying in the middle of the basics training obstance course on Home Island but yes, do it. Spend some time getting used to throwing stuff, shooting stuff and working out how to use the new tripod for heavier weaponry.

The only annoying thing as said range doesn't have mortars (that is the artillery part far up north) and Anti-Tank rifles (for some reason?)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Strongly recommend you play around on the firing range, once I learned the quirks of the system it’s actually not bad and you’ll find yourself winning shootouts. You’re probably firing while in unstable positions much more than you realize. The range gives you a graph showing your stability with moving/recoil

Also, there'll be a shield on the screen that denotes what kind of cover you're in- the more full the shield the quicker you can shoot accurately.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've spent a solid hour at the firing range when I first played the game, I was able to hit dummies. But for some reason in the real world, even if my reticle is tiny (accurate) and I click on the enemy pixel, the bullet will either go over their head or RNG miss. People have said I should aim in such a way that a red penetration line shows behind to be sure I hit my target, I've tried this. About as much luck as just shooting normally with the white line only visible.

Other people seem to be absolute pros at aiming, and I'm sort of drooling on the battlefield licking the butt of my rifle and missing super easy shots.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

This is the Silverhand, the Infantry support tank or what we have to use in numbers when we don't have the Flood series avaliable. Not a good tank or a bad one, with support, patience, love and care and series of realiable references contactable by phone number she will do a good job in scaring the poo poo out of anyone without a tank.

Note the state of the art ice cream machine for the crew (THREE DIFFERENT FLAVOURS) lodged neatly right next to the 40MM gun. The tank commander themselves will have access to a state of the art coffee machine (you will have to pay and bring the cream from your nearest depot now) providing them with a level of comfort the Colonial forces could not even consider.

Yes they have leather seats, but who needs a comfortable rear end with a pleasant buzz of vanilla and coffee for all?

The tank has other features, for example due to the recent performance now in the 71st war our tank designers decided that the current papercraft composite armour was lacking. With a new secret blend added using the currently spiralling out of control currency we have from our endless hell march that is our existince we now have a 15% chance higher survival rate now in engagements with the medium tank like of the enemy. Unless they have another tank.

Don't you worry though, with the strange science in the rear compartment we've got plenty space for numerious amount of shells to cram inside before the inevitble break down and explosion. Just remember you only need 42 at the most!

And finally remember this fellow soldiers you only need one door. Once you get inside you really shouldn't be leaving. Leaving any tank is for cowards. The Silverhand is a patriotic vehicle with only one door.

Qubee posted:

I've spent a solid hour at the firing range when I first played the game, I was able to hit dummies. But for some reason in the real world, even if my reticle is tiny (accurate) and I click on the enemy pixel, the bullet will either go over their head or RNG miss. People have said I should aim in such a way that a red penetration line shows behind to be sure I hit my target, I've tried this. About as much luck as just shooting normally with the white line only visible.

Other people seem to be absolute pros at aiming, and I'm sort of drooling on the battlefield licking the butt of my rifle and missing super easy shots.

Red means your shot is not going to hit, something is blocking your line of sight. You have to wait for your crosshair to close to get the most accuracy. There is some awkward level of bullet drop with some weapons.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 17, 2021

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Qubee posted:

What might be messing with people is the way the game does height correction/detection. Looking at the following image the yellow line below the crosshairs is where and roughly how high the game thinks you are aiming:

So while it might look like i'm aimimg at the noob in front of me the game is actually aiming at an angle over his head and in the general area of on top of the roof of the hut. So if you are fighting some dude and aiming well behind them you might be accidentally aiming too high or low. This effect applies to every direct fire weapon in the game. So best bet is to aim as close to directly on your target or not very far behind it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

While I am happy that for almost 3 weeks running player pop has been all time high, a 40 minute wait to get to the active front areas really is annoying.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
This is a pretty fun game. Shot at some peeps with goons. Got shot at in return. Then decided to mine some mats to turn into guns, ammo and grenades to take to the front where I had been fighting and fuel the war effort.

Id like to try building some armored cars or field guns soon to help push the frontlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNqKDEpQWg

Just some support work in putting down a FOB with a trench network as we slowly poke our way towards our former stomping ground of the previous campaign.

We're doing quite well so far in this campaign, while the waits to zone in sort of suck I am enjoying this momentum. Props to the logistics goons keeping the stuff flowing for our new toys.