Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i cannot even fathom why you would confuse those two characters but i'm guessing since it's joss it's gross and i don't wanna know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

i cannot even fathom why you would confuse those two characters but i'm guessing since it's joss it's gross and i don't wanna know

Same shoe size?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He's written the same two types of female characters his entire career, cut him some slack!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Beamed posted:

how did you get home

We quit with the intoxicants about halfway through that long rear end movie and the stayed for another hour and a half talking about it with the friends who parked next to us. We were sober as popes by the time we left, but still did not fully understand the movie. I thought about it for days and came to the conclusion that it might have just been Nolan pushing a gimmick a bit further than it could sensibly sustain, and that it's kind of a nonsense movie.

As for Joss, every single thing I read about him makes him sound worse and worse. Conversely, while I have my misgivings and Snyder's creative and ideological vision for some things, I would absolutely work with him on anything he asked as many times as he asked, because he sounds good to work with and is committed to a vision (even if I don't love it).

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 13, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

They hated it once, but surely this time...

And now they're doing that again. Top minds at WB.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SlimGoodbody posted:

We were sober as popes by the time we left, but still did not fully understand the movie.
Hey I was sober for the whole thing, let me clear some poo poo up for you:

the movie doesn't goddamn make sense.

I'm sure there's a flowchart somewhere on Nolan's computer in both chronological and percieved order, it's too swaggeringly smug about how "well actually upon four viewings and a youtube tutorial there are no plot holes" for it not to be worked out, but then he decided to just leave out a bunch of really crucial poo poo (Neil has multiple loops still to do when the movie ends, even though we've seen him doing that poo poo from the perspective of the other characters, meaning there's multiple Neils in any given scene appearing and disappearing for no apparent reason), and also leave the main villains completely off-screen and with incomprehensible motives (they want to make a time paradox even though paradoxes are impossible and doing so would destroy them too, because they're in the future of the timeline they're trying to wreck, because ________?????).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
multiple small loops are okay as long as it doesn't affect the main big loop

but really the movie at the outset tells you to not think too hard about it and that's exactly what you should do. chris got really high one day and thought it'd be cool to make an action scene in reverse and he made a movie that did it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nolan's become a film bro meme director, but I still find his stuff interesting enough to give a fair shake which is more than I can say for a lot of directors.

Still think The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie. Rewatched it recently, and fellas, it's still one hell of a movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
TDK absolutely still holds up as long as TDKR didn't leave too bad of a taste in your mouth. It's pretty borderline on my end.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

TDK absolutely still holds up as long as TDKR didn't leave too bad of a taste in your mouth. It's pretty borderline on my end.

That kind of thing's never really bothered me. I remember people saying they didn't like Spider-Man 2 that much anymore after Spider-Man 3, and I just couldn't understand that point of view.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blockhouse posted:

TDKR is fine

It’s not as good as the other two movies, but because it has to live in the shadow of TDK it’s never going to live up to what that movie did

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEo7SCvYH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWcg8dh930

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FlamingLiberal posted:

TDKR is fine

It’s not as good as the other two movies, but because it has to live in the shadow of TDK it’s never going to live up to what that movie did

I legitimately can't think of a thing about that movie I like for reasons I've gone into earlier in the thread. I don't find it disappointing in comparison to TDK, I just find it disappointing full stop and was probably the source of my current disillusionment with Nolan

Love to pepper my movie with references to A Tale of Two Cities but not actually understand a single thing about A Tale of Two Cities

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Roth posted:

Nolan's become a film bro meme director, but I still find his stuff interesting enough to give a fair shake which is more than I can say for a lot of directors.

Still think The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie. Rewatched it recently, and fellas, it's still one hell of a movie.

The Dark Knight owns but every time I see this newspaper in the scene right after the opening I laugh out loud.

GET ME PICTURES OF BATMAN!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 13, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

That kind of thing's never really bothered me. I remember people saying they didn't like Spider-Man 2 that much anymore after Spider-Man 3, and I just couldn't understand that point of view.

These are the same people who claim their childhood is ruined because they made a new She-Ra cartoon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Posting this in every thread cause this new ad has Omega Beams and they are exactly how I've always wanted to see them

https://twitter.com/Itssan17/status/1370758248589107202?s=19

In gif form though Twitter potato quality
https://twitter.com/brookstweetz/status/1370757306095386626?s=19

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 13, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uxas can't use Omega Beams!

I hope someone was fired for this blunder. Again.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

Uxas can't use Omega Beams!

I hope someone was fired for this blunder. Again.

Very well. I hope you find a new job soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Uxas? More like Sucks rear end!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

so did anyone post about deathstroke having a halo emblem on him?

because someone just googled "ra's al ghul symbol" and copied the top result

https://twitter.com/GeoffReeves/status/1370144990727438340

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 13, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's kind of weird that his moniiker is the Demon's Head but his motif is a jackal

Jackal ain't no demon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Such a great backstory.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's kind of weird that his moniiker is the Demon's Head but his motif is a jackal

Jackal ain't no demon
God of death in Egyptian lore.

Kind of a demon.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I read a bit and it seems is a Halo emblem that someone used on their fanfic, hence it's the first thing that shows when you search for "ra's al ghul symbol". I guess the person who wrote that fanfic must be over the moon? I mean, your fanfic is canon now. Sort of.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I hope the fanfic had the League of Assassins as the world's top Halo clan

naturally their headquarters is in Blood Gulch

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I hope the fanfic had the League of Assassins as the world's top Halo clan

naturally their headquarters is in Beaver Creek

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Imagine the Gravemind from Halo 2 but voiced by Ron Perlman doing his Deathstroke voice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JordanKai posted:

Imagine the Gravemind from Halo 2 but voiced by Ron Perlman doing his Deathstroke voice.

Ron Pearlman was Lord Hood in Halo 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This sort of thing happens every so often with video games, like the time the people running the official capcom mega man 10 site put up a bunch of screenshots of an upcoming fangame of the same name (although really you need to have brass ones to give you fan game an official numbered title).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cover of the Wii version of Okami had a videogame website watermark on it somehow.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
IGN

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The last film my wife and I saw in the cinema was The Invisible Man. It's a really good movie, and seeing it in the big screen worked really well because you spend so much time looking all over an empty screen looking for some movement, never sure if he is there or not.

McCloud posted:

Would you say you're kind of a big deal? :v:

Last film i saw was Tenet, i had the benefit of subtitles so y'all might wanna give that a try in the states. But honestly the sound mixing was pretty ok from what I recall? I don't remember having issues with understanding the dialogue, subtitles notwithstanding

Tenet was one we decided against seeing in the cinema.
When we did watch it on YouTube, the sound mixing was awful. Even my LG soundbar which normally fixes that, couldn't do a lot so we had to watch it with subtitles. I heard that was a common complaint.
There also was this tiny line of distorted pixels on the bottom of the screen, but that only happens on some YouTube movies, so I don't know if that's my 7 year old TV or what.

Tenet is a film that we'd have been massively improved if instead of devoting so much space to trying to explain all the bad science behind time reversal they just had one character say
"Congratulations John Protagonist, I have given you a magic gun that can rewind time. Now, go save the world."

I wouldn't have then had to spend so much time thinking about how the time shenanigans worked, and would have been able to overlook the plot holes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The Question IRL posted:

When we did watch it on YouTube, the sound mixing was awful. Even my LG soundbar which normally fixes that, couldn't do a lot so we had to watch it with subtitles. I heard that was a common complaint.
I didn't notice the sound mixing to be any worse than any other movie in the last 20 years, which is to say it was absolute loving trash, with thousand decibel explosions and gun shots and barely audible dialogue.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Was Interstellar similar for other people? My wife and I tried watching it on Amazon a few years ago and it's the only movie we've ever turned off within 15 minutes because the sound mixing was so bad we literally couldn't hear any dialogue. Wondering if that was just us, the file that Amazon had, or if Chris Nolan is some sort of psychopath with how he wants the sound mixed in his movies these days. Did Inception break him?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah Interstellar was too.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Slugworth posted:

I didn't notice the sound mixing to be any worse than any other movie in the last 20 years, which is to say it was absolute loving trash, with thousand decibel explosions and gun shots and barely audible dialogue.

I discovered most programs have awful mixing because flat screen TV's have tiny speakers.
Getting a soundbar fixed most shows.
Getting two rear speakers at Christmas gave me surround sound and made almost everything sound crystal clear.

But Tenat was no good. It was like the Hans Zimmermann soundtrack with it's souped up bass took over all the other sounds coming off the movie. I think other Christopher Nolan movies are the same.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The Question IRL posted:

There also was this tiny line of distorted pixels on the bottom of the screen, but that only happens on some YouTube movies, so I don't know if that's my 7 year old TV or what.

I watched Tenet with my headphones on, the sound was decent. I probably got the version with the fixed sound, who knows. But it was bearable and you could sort of understand what people was saying. Recently my mom decided to watch Tenet on her TV and, OH BOY. I quickly understood what everyone was complaining about. :psyduck: We watch everything with subtitles so it's not a hassle for us, but still...it was a terrible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
even though the speakers in my tv are straight garbage the dialogue in tenet never felt harder to hear than any other movie. but i always use subs so maybe ive just wired my brain oddly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
People talking about sound and too much bass is just giving me flashbacks to the sound fr Mandy. Couldn't really hear anything in that movie.