Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i think in a normal campaign without the sudden epidemic then pandemic shift in the nation, sanders probably would have won the primary. not that it matters i guess, now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

If warren had dropped out so would have bloomberg, and bloomberg hurt biden worse than warren hurt bernie. Bernie got absolutely stomped because there's a ceiling for a message of "I want big time change from everything the last president did" when he refuse to criticize anything obama related directly

criticizing obama directly was a recipe for losing even harder lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

If warren had dropped out so would have bloomberg, and bloomberg hurt biden worse than warren hurt bernie. Bernie got absolutely stomped because there's a ceiling for a message of "I want big time change from everything the last president did" when he refuse to criticize anything obama related directly

He basically campaigned to raise awareness like it was a kony 2012 poo poo. Total waste of time. He couldn't even beat buttigieg in iowa despite buttigiegs platform consisting of "I'm a nobody with no ideas"

I gotta admit his showing in Iowa was far too close and an early warning sign we all ignored

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

mastershakeman posted:

buttigiegs platform consisting of "I'm a nobody with no ideas"

inspiring words for a large number of libs/dems

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i dont know what kind of electoral path exists through the democratic party as long as it's sacrosanct to most of its voters to imply that obama was not actually a good president

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/IRCards3/status/1371169521839525898

what do you even say to this

"not everything is a Trump conspiracy"
"that's what they said for 5 years and then Trump told a bunch of chuds to walk into the capitol and the cops let them but then arrested them later"

it's just such a blatant non sequitur!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mastershakeman posted:

He basically campaigned to raise awareness like it was a kony 2012 poo poo. Total waste of time. He couldn't even beat buttigieg in iowa despite buttigiegs platform consisting of "I'm a nobody with no ideas"

I thought bloomberg was staying in because of Bernie?

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

loquacius posted:

"that's what they said for 5 years and then Trump told a bunch of chuds to walk into the capitol and the cops let them but then arrested them later"

trump lost

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

silicone thrills posted:

I think Bernie lost 2020 in WA state mostly because a bunch of well meaning poo poo libs like friends of mine said "well I really like Bernies policies and politics but I want a woman to win so I voted for Warren"

yeah, I know these people too

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwCmcB0XMw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
remember when Warren freaks’ response to being told it was statistically impossible for her to win was to screech “SHE CAN WIN IF YOU VOTE FOR HER” at everyone

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

the way they act like Cuomo resiging or being removed leads directly to a GOP governor of NY is my fav part of lib sexpest defender brain

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

remember when Warren freaks’ response to being told it was statistically impossible for her to win was to screech “SHE CAN WIN IF YOU VOTE FOR HER” at everyone

buddy, i wish i didnt

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
In my circle Warren picked up all the Hillary people that weren't total cult of personality girl power devotees (those people went to Warren) and Buttigieg picked up all the people that are convinced they are down to earth common sense good people while Biden was just older folks that just wanted it to be the 1990s again.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

did not know Marge had access to Epitath

Excelzior has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Mar 15, 2021

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Muscle Wizard posted:

do you really think millennials as a group are majority leftist? i mean like, actually leftist, not liberal. because they're not.

they're overproduced elites who want a piece of the ever-shrinking labor aristocrat pie

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mastershakeman posted:

First point false, second point half true, third point valid.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Mirthless posted:

it's $15 for four hours

I feel bad for y'alls kids, you are loving disgusting misers

I spend more money on my pets

This. Also after they get a few packs they can just keep the pool and keep using those for drafts. MTG is disgustingly cheap if you don't want to go crazy with it. The notion that it isn't is on the level of "the poors have a fridge, and a flat screen TV and internet, then they aren't poor" level insane.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

remember when they said that someone literally an elected official 'didn't owe you (voters) anything'?

Cool times!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah uh (a) bernie won iowa, (b) buttigieg's platform in iowa mostly consisted of "I am going to cheat," and (c) Biden came in like sixth lol

Iowa maybe not the best example in the world

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

starting a mutual aid group to distribute MtG packs to all the poor kids like me who never got experience it growing up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

starting a mutual aid group to distribute MtG packs to all the poor kids like me who never got experience it growing up

https://twitter.com/charalanahzard/status/1086359352921845761?lang=en

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh Snapple! posted:

criticizing obama directly was a recipe for losing even harder lol

Ok so why try then. Just run as a republican on m4a is good for small business and entrepreneurs and how immigration is bad and how the liberal coastal elites are sucking up all your money to their banks via usurious fees on undischargeable debts

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A Riverdale episode about trading cards would be great. Did that ever happen?

Archie would definitely get a gun drawn on him during a game.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

Cuomo would absolutely pardon Trump if he thought it would benefit him personally in any way

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Dear loving god those morons

https://twitter.com/RuckCohlchez/status/1371237795784617987?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1371237666570784771?s=20

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Muscle Wizard posted:

do you really think millennials as a group are majority leftist? i mean like, actually leftist, not liberal. because they're not.

they are more left than x or boomers on both economics and social issues. We are still generations out from their being a solid left on both social and economical voting block to change things.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Just run as a republican

No one here is going to do this no matter how many times you suggest it

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Ok so why try then. Just run as a republican on m4a is good for small business and entrepreneurs and how immigration is bad and how the liberal coastal elites are sucking up all your money to their banks via usurious fees on undischargeable debts

this is exactly how america's going to get turbohitler

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1370844411328888842

we shouldn't ask Cuomo to resign because he might become homeless is a galaxy-brained take

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

These are the zoomer pmc

Player of Magic Cards

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The funniest ending to the Cuomo saga would be if he got so mad at the Dem establishment for not having his back that he just pardoned Trump himself lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Involving the GOP in this who have been strangely hands off regarding the whole metoo think post Kavenaugh seems like a bad idea.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

A leftist criticizing IdPol doesn't mean they are some kind of red+brown vanguard, they are speaking against obvious corporate tokenism that idiot believers in the democrat party use as cudgel against policies that improve material conditions for everyone. Don't hand wring about however the boogiemen in your head use it, and look at the context it is actually used in.

I'm looking at the context and currently it's eavesdropping on children at game stores

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

you still have to run on no abortion, traditional marriage, traditional gender roles to win. the sex stuff is the most important part. if you aren't willing to saudi arabia women you don't have their votes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been driving all day today btw, is the petetar guy starting poo poo in my zone :toughguy:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/status/1371154937208582152?s=19

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyRK38_yAI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/MouthyInfidel/status/1370470535658926080?s=19