Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010

2100 at my local shop.

edit: american snypa :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

loopsheloop posted:

2100 at my local shop.

I really don't get who these guitars are for.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Gramps posted:

I really don't get who these guitars are for.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Oh yeah that makes sense! The fake sound hole is to store meat. Duh. Can't believe I didn't figure that out on my own.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

it's time to begin the search for the perfect tone jerky!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He wrestled at Wembley but can't pronounce it.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

FB-stupid music-poo poo:

I'm part of a danish guitarist-group on facebook with about 14k members. The vibe is pretty much as you could imagine. Lots of metal/butt-rock. A fair bit of oogling female guitarist/"the old ball and chain"-type humor. But it's the biggest local community by far.
About a week ago a guy spun off a new group that's supposed to be inclusive and non-sexist.
And people got triggered, for lack of a better word. The threads are still going about how the woke-segment is too hysterical, they can leave, etc. You probably know the exact scenario.

Facebook man. Facebook.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

First string is the high e, closest to the floor., the highest pitched string in standard tuning. 6th string is low e, closest to the ceiling. the lowest pitched string in standard tuning. This isn't an opinion, it's just what they're called. Stop making this complicated.

Edited for the pedantic guy asking about Albert King on the last page.

stratdax fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 10, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pondex posted:

FB-stupid music-poo poo:

I'm part of a danish guitarist-group on facebook with about 14k members. The vibe is pretty much as you could imagine. Lots of metal/butt-rock. A fair bit of oogling female guitarist/"the old ball and chain"-type humor. But it's the biggest local community by far.
About a week ago a guy spun off a new group that's supposed to be inclusive and non-sexist.
And people got triggered, for lack of a better word. The threads are still going about how the woke-segment is too hysterical, they can leave, etc. You probably know the exact scenario.

Facebook man. Facebook.

Facebook is weird: the groups are near-universally garbage but I’ve made a number of enduring friendships from it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pondex posted:

FB-stupid music-poo poo:

Facebook man. Facebook.

Strangely, the original Danish bass group seems a lot better, we had a split a year ago with the spin-off adding "with a sense of humour" to the name to indicate that oogling female players breasts is funny or whatever. The main group, which is the only one I'm in because eh and also smash the patriarchy, is pretty chill and helpful, unless you insist that the stingray you're selling is in fact a P bass. Don't get me wrong, you still get a bit of sexism and tasteless dad jokes, but it's mostly ignored and/or ridiculed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Facebook is weird: the groups are near-universally garbage but I’ve made a number of enduring friendships from it.
Same. Also gotten some sweet gear, too!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Well moderated groups are really good. Most of them are not well moderated.

URM and Riffhard are far and away the best communities I've been a part of, but like SA they cost money, which kinda keeps the turbo assholes and trolls away

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I had the reverse happen- a guy (professional woodwind repair person) who is really helpful in a terrific instrument repair forum turned out to be a real penis when I reached out to get my clarinet repadded. It's not a well-known brand, he couldn't poo poo talk it enough and he told me how much he charged the last guy who brought one in. Finished with, "He was a pharmacist so he could afford it."

I was like, drat dude just say you won't service it. I hope he'll stay nice when I repad it myself and ask in the forum instead of thinking about the boat payment he missed out on.

NC Wyeth Death Cult fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 10, 2021

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

lol

4/10 - mids aren't sufficiently haunting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the sequel is pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDoBzHw_U8

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

loopsheloop posted:

2100 at my local shop.

Faded Glory Hole

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
FB Marketplace is like cheating here.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cashy, not trashy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not cash-money enough, imaao.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cash me hafta use tha turlet.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

homewrecker posted:

I have nothing against the guy personally but I will not pass up a chance to link to a song from his original EP that he released last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32snLUJyRuk

It sounds like he was trying to cover the Home Depot theme song, haha.

aaaaaaaaand the video’s been made private.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Wasn't it first published over a year ago? Maybe all the brutal comments were recent. Some of those were shockingly rough. I know for sure it would have really impacted me had I read some of those on my professional work.

:rip: Rest soundly, my sweet prince. :rip:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

If regular whiskey isn't metal enough for you.
https://spiritedgifts.com/batch100?...haWwuY29tIn0%3D
This collectible, limited edition box set commemorates BATCH 100 of the gold medal award-winning BLACKENED® American Whiskey. Featuring two exclusive 12” vinyl picture discs of the METALLICA playlist that pummeled the finishing barrels during the sonic-enhancement process.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That whole thing reminds me how I saw a really early stand up special from Bill Hicks a few days ago. I don't mind Bill Hicks (or I thought I liked him more but a lot of the stuff is yikes) but a whole lot of posturing about George Michaels selling out and poo poo and how real rockstars never sold out.

I've never understood that. Like yeah, you get the ones who don't "sell out" but that's a rarity. Selling out and the music industry go hand in hand and always has. The Beatles promised they'd use Vox amps if they got some for free when they started out.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
people still complain about sellouts?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, all the time. :cmon:

We're on Web 3.0 but some poo poo don't go away that easily, plus some of the sellouts do plain loving suck more after the fact. I think that's what feels more like a :airquote:slap in the face:airquote:: Not so much when people sell out, that's fine and dandy (after all, most peeps want to succeed and when they see their peers succeed, they often think "Well, wouldn't that be just the thang?"); it's when they sell out and it just don't bang/plain loving sucks.

vvvv e: Fugazi is like the weird-rear end exception, though. Also not so secretly my favorite band

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 15, 2021

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Fugazi never sold out and they are The Best Band,

coincidence!? I think not :snoop:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Fugazi market themselves as not selling out. Think about that. Big claims about not selling out, pure art, and y'all buy it, see their shows and but their records.

You got played chumps :smugndar:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fugazi got me again.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

Fugazi market themselves as not selling out. Think about that. Big claims about not selling out, pure art, and y'all buy it, see their shows and but their records.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is Ian Mackaye still a racist?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Very poor bait

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Pretty rude to call out my dead name, to be honest.

On a serious note, there's a thread on TGP with people lamenting that now that they're done buying ridiculous boutique amps that no one is
A) buying more to keep the builders in business
B) buying their used amps
C) it wasn't a bubble!

It's classic TGP and it's beautiful. Also they like to throw around that guitar is dying and therefore good music is. Despite Fender posting records. The sheer cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

syntaxfunction posted:

Playing for $5 all the way to the bank

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I pointed out they sold out, not that they did it well. Don't shoot the messenger.

Fugazi is cool please no probate.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

here comes the argument

gonna get dunked on

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It is impossible to have a cooler band photo than that.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Thumposaurus posted:

If regular whiskey isn't metal enough for you.
https://spiritedgifts.com/batch100?...haWwuY29tIn0%3D
This collectible, limited edition box set commemorates BATCH 100 of the gold medal award-winning BLACKENED® American Whiskey. Featuring two exclusive 12” vinyl picture discs of the METALLICA playlist that pummeled the finishing barrels during the sonic-enhancement process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEtcnstu9o

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/800547317035171861/819328871249608734/Rage.webm#t=0.01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

people still complain about sellouts?

Also, Billie Eilish is an industry plant.