Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Guigui posted:

I Think this is it?

it is. mike winters seems to have taken his web presence down pretty thoroughly and GIS is absolutely loving useless these days

e: this image is literally only available on the something awful forums now, somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

DariusLikewise posted:

brian pallister has spent the last two months blaming the feds for not providing enough vaccine but it turns out manitoba has tens of thousands of vaccine sitting in freezers and another hundred thousand on the way. we are on track to only do 60k first doses this month.

someone put this rear end in a top hat out to pasture already Jesus

It was so obvious he was making these wild claims that we have the capacity to vaccinate 20k per day so he could place the blame on the feds for ~supply issues~.. What's even more annoying is that our poo poo media had zero problem parroting all of Pallister's unsubstantiated claims of vaccine dosage capacity from a few weeks ago.

It's so bad now that even a shithead like Tom Broadbeck is calling out the provincial PCs for their BS.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ColdBlooded posted:

It was so obvious he was making these wild claims that we have the capacity to vaccinate 20k per day so he could place the blame on the feds for ~supply issues~.. What's even more annoying is that our poo poo media had zero problem parroting all of Pallister's unsubstantiated claims of vaccine dosage capacity from a few weeks ago.

It's so bad now that even a shithead like Tom Broadbeck is calling out the provincial PCs for their BS.

I guess I understand the gamble, but it seems pretty stupidly short-term when the alternative is to hang tight, don't overpromise, and take all the credit in a couple months

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:keke:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Jun 28, 2021

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

infernal machines posted:

it is. mike winters seems to have taken his web presence down pretty thoroughly and GIS is absolutely loving useless these days

e: this image is literally only available on the something awful forums now, somehow

Sounds like a prime candidate for nft monetizing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

So my partner has a friend who is a bigwig medical doctor guy at U of T and apparently pharmacies in Ontario just have vaccine laying around that's spoiling because of how hosed up their rollout has been, so if you just go in and ask for extra they might have some and give it to you

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
one weird trick doug ford doesnt want you to know.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

guess there's gonna be a lot of "FW: FW: FW: secret vaccine stash!!" going around

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Also a cool thing about cross-generational gay relationships is that there are a lot of dudes who are like 50 going in with their 80+ year old partners to get vaxxed and are getting shots because vaccines are also just sitting around waiting to spoil here in BC lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

WHERE IS MY loving VACCINE JOHN HORGAN YOU SHITHEAD

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I dont really want to get the shot, hoping that everyone else getting their shot lowers transmission enough covid dies off before I have to get it. but, maybe everyone else is doing that too?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Reality Protester posted:

I dont really want to get the shot, hoping that everyone else getting their shot lowers transmission enough covid dies off before I have to get it. but, maybe everyone else is doing that too?

everyone else is holding off because COVID is a hoax and the vaccine a communist mind control plot. :tinfoil:

I’ll be getting my glorious vaccine of the people as soon as possible, so probably July or something.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Get your drat shot

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

why don't you want to get it?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't entirely trust a vaccine rushed through in record time because donald trump wanted to stay president. maybe I'll be proven wrong but it's too early to say.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I don't entirely trust a vaccine rushed through in record time because donald trump wanted to stay president. maybe I'll be proven wrong but it's too early to say.

That's dumb as poo poo.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah that's not what happened. In a nutshell, instead of testing 15k people a year for 2 years they tested 60,000 people in 3-6 months. They got enough data to achieve a statistical threshold of safety, modeled on past vaccines.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

WHERE IS MY loving VACCINE JOHN HORGAN YOU SHITHEAD

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why can't we seem to beat this darn virus

*attempts to reopen everything the second infection rates dip even a little*

it's a mystery

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
i dunno. I like the idea Oxford rushed out a toxic vaccine to try and save the Presidency of one Donald John TRMUP. :tinfoil:

they would have got away with it if not for the juggernaut of charisma known as Joe Biden.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

well over 100M people have had the vaccine now. it’s fine.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I also have this nagging thought. I know I shouldn't, but my faith in institutions has become so hollowed out that I just can't convince myself this will be totally fine.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If it weren't gonna work, rich assholes wouldn't be bribing doing shady poo poo to get in line first.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hey Ontario, Keep your trash from our Albertan trash.

https://twitter.com/laurby/status/1371175491751661572?s=20

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ahh yes, the "rushed" vaccine that's available a year after it became a global pandemic so has had more resources poured into it than any other vaccine in recent history, and based off of modified pre-existing vaccines.

Weird how nobody calls the seasonal flu shots "rushed" despite being put out faster and with less testing (on average).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

posting right-wing vaccine trutherism in c-spam should be a ban+30

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Ahh yes, the "rushed" vaccine that's available a year after it became a global pandemic so has had more resources poured into it than any other vaccine in recent history, and based off of modified pre-existing vaccines.

Weird how nobody calls the seasonal flu shots "rushed" despite being put out faster and with less testing (on average).

yes but have you considered TRMUP?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the vaccines are fine, i got vaccinated and the only side effect is that i now have a burning urge to purchase microsoft products

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
this is correct.

https://twitter.com/90swwe/status/1371204793692225536?s=21

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i hate hoserism so loving much

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

*Chris Jericho WCW first ever Canadian Nitro episode voice* Canada sucks!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:keke:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Jun 28, 2021

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I felt that way for a bit. now it seems better than ending up in the hospital with covid, and will probably make me less anxious compared to this past year

so many millions of people are getting them now and seem ok. and there's a few different kinds of vaccines that are all seemingly working well, so my "rushing out a new kind of vaccine" feelings are gone

if it turns out to be a horrible mistake then I guess I'll have lots of friends to commiserate with

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
If it gets really bad then they'll just make a vaccine for the vaccine

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

xtal posted:

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xtal posted:

like making boosters to handle variants

(:thejoke: maybe, heh)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DON'T be a contrarian poo poo. DO get the vaccine if for no other reason than to protect people who medically cannot.

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Mar 15, 2021

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm gonna smoke the vaccine instead of injecting it so I don't get addicted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1371247864769298441?s=20