Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Samovar posted:

But with some kind of tusk-like teeth, which with that height must mean that they are also a goblin.

A goblet.

https://twitter.com/Rivers3k/status/1226259768601464832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Invisible Clergy posted:

Another ridiculous thing about this comic is they literally do have orthodontists. Dominic got dental implants done to replace his missing teeth specifically because of his irrational prejudice against alterists.
I said "in Maltak" :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Maybe with Luna saving the world, having an alterist give a non-orc tusks has become a fashion statement or akin to the 'devil horns' being a symbol of rebellion against oppression :allears:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Alterists probably all lost their jobs when Dominic's bullshit changed magic in whatever way. Which is definitly a thing mookie would opt for because with Luna not going for it I'm sure he means to treat them as plastic surgeons, aka people whose job is vanity, which is for jocks and bimbos, and therefore evil. I know Luna deciding not to go to an alterist is something that will get brought up later in the OG DD readthrough but I do not remember how much of a moral judgement mookie passed on them at that moment.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
At first Mookie treated alterists like you said, like magical plastic surgeons that basically just made boobs and dicks bigger because despite being immensely horny in his comic Mookie is also a huge sex-negative prude. Some fans emailed Mookie about how plastic surgery greatly improved their quality of life for one reason or another and he softened his stance somewhat and did a comic saying not all alterists are evil, but the one Luna went to was.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I seem to recall the alterist being upstanding a good but all her sisters would get big breasts and non-snout faces which made Luna...hate alterists

It’s extremely stupid that being half orc gives you half the number of tusks (don’t they need those to eat) but I’m too distracted by that horrendous aura wafting off the last panel.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
:aaaaa:

A female character with a name?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

PoptartsNinja posted:

And this brand new female character is a maid :allears:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So... They put the food out on a regular-size table... And then moved it to another, smaller table to eat? Why?

Also, confirmed, Corpsedaughter put the outfit on right. It's just skin-tight.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

A letter. She's B.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He should really see a doctor about that tumor

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

TheHan posted:

I seem to recall the alterist being upstanding a good but all her sisters would get big breasts and non-snout faces which made Luna...hate alterists

It’s extremely stupid that being half orc gives you half the number of tusks (don’t they need those to eat) but I’m too distracted by that horrendous aura wafting off the last panel.

What the gently caress? That table was not round on the last page, you can clearly see that there's a straight line between Snout and Ink Witch. Now suddenly it's curved?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mookie's trying out an experimental form of storytelling where he sets the scene AFTER introducing it. The experimental part is how it's not used to defy expectations or fake out the audience with a twist reveal, but for no good reason at all.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Gone from ground fuckin' to bed fuckin'.

I can't believe how much Mookie has regressed as a creator. I wouldn't think it would be technically possible. This has to be an explicit if I plainly write what I just depicted I have to do half of much work, right?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I did not want or need to see Snout gently caress the bed.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

"Half-orc and half-ling" is a good joke, sadly wasted on this comic.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Mookie's trying out an experimental form of storytelling where he sets the scene AFTER introducing it. The experimental part is how it's not used to defy expectations or fake out the audience with a twist reveal, but for no good reason at all.

It tracks with the last few pages, the legacy continues to be a different story being told for each page.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YF-23 posted:

It's not even done right, it should "half-orc and half-halfling". And Munchkin already made the half-halfling joke.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's not even done right, it should "half-orc and half-halfling". And Munchkin already made the half-halfling joke.

No, that's the joke. Snout not getting that halfling isn't half-ling is the joke.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

YF-23 posted:

No, that's the joke. Snout not getting that halfling isn't half-ling is the joke.

Except that since it crosses multiple lines it just comes across as "half-orc and halfling". I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a joke, because it really requires the hyphen, except in this case it reads as a continuation line.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The maid, who grabbed me by the tail, was nice

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
the maid, who is a multi lingual wizard,

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who's going to crawl into bed naked and snuggle up with Snout without his consent tonight? Will it be:

Ink Witch (who still doesn't have a name)?

Arudak?

Corpsemomdaughterwife (who also still doesn't have a name)?

Bee, the excessively sexualized wait-staff?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FlocksOfMice posted:

the maid, who is a multi lingual wizard,
Really not selling the "less magic around" thing here.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No see, magic is different now, it's softer, warmer, analog.

In contrast to what we saw in Dominic Deegan where magic was... uh... uhhhh

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Allegedly combat magic is mostly out but A: ink ship's house destroying laser, and B: we haven't... SEEN any combat besides Snout getting punched in the chest so hard he passes out.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

YF-23 posted:

I confess, it did make me smirk, slightly.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

...Why is he so excited to sleep in a bed?

If he liked sleeping on a bed so much, why didn't he get excited back in mongreltown? Until now there's been no sign that he had any sleeping preference other than nudity.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Maybe Mongreltown was the first time he'd ever slept in a bed in his life and he went "Oh wait, this is soft, it feels nice, it's way better than lying down on hard pointy rocks!"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That's his own drat fault for building an entire house but then not bothering with any furniture.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The thing is, Snout being excited to sleep in a bed again would be completely reasonable if he spent weeks, maybe even months, roughing it outdoors. But because a day only passes when we see Snout go to sleep, it means it hasn't even been a week in-universe since this comic started.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

amigolupus posted:

The thing is, Snout being excited to sleep in a bed again would be completely reasonable if he spent weeks, maybe even months, roughing it outdoors. But because a day only passes when we see Snout go to sleep, it means it hasn't even been a week in-universe since this comic started.

I dunno, that's the least implausible thing about him. I don't feel properly alive if I have to go without a proper bed or a shower for even a couple of days.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Just...rubbin' his dick all over that guest bed

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
He's very excited.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Happy Landfill posted:

Just...rubbin' his dick all over that guest bed

He's going to scoot on the carpet later and then Mookie will decide he's a mature adult again and he will sleep with one or more of the characters while being mopey.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So, the thing about the half-orc and half-ling joke is it only works if Snout heard it. Because if he saw it written out, it stops working, because halfling is one word and probably ends up written half-orc and half-halfling.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Mookie you loving hack.

In theory it could still work when written, if the one parent was a half-orc instead, "Her parents were half-orc and halfling." But then the "orkling" name wouldn't make much sense (not that it makes much to begin with) since she'd only be a quarter orc.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Also brings up the issue that Snout has never shown any confusion over what an 'orc' is (or a human for that matter), but apparently has never even heard of a halfling. In fact, he was able to identify Arudak as an orc on sight, despite living in the middle of the wilderness with a giant eyeball as his only social contact.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I too am beginning to see the cracks of this storyline and narrative

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

i heard u guys like snout dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
in today's episode, mookie "practices" figure drawing by tracing something and then uploads it as a page in a webcomic where nothing happens and there's no story

thanks for the update mookie