Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TBH I still don't really like the succzone being treated as a D&D offsite because it's both boring and gets us in trouble, but I see a whole lot of irony in forbidding people to talk about QCS posting considering that QCS's stated purpose is for posting about posting

That said it's still inviting unwanted scrutiny so keep it brief I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

i'm just wondering if this means that it's modmin-sanctioned behavior to get a thread you don't participate in, in a subforum you don't participate in, closed by making such a tumultous spray of paperwork that you force the moderators to shut the thread down because it's impossible to keep up with the sheer number of bad faith reports rather than punish the bad faith reporters.

sir you'll find that the rule is against 'posting about posters', IE ever saying any poster is bad, not 'flooding the report system with spam until the mod team gets so bored sifting through it they just close a thread you had nothing to do with but were mad your posting enemies started'.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

what do you thin Jeffery's weird thing will be? I mean funny weird thing like Lowtax being addicted to fancy cookies and spending tons of money on them, not horrifying like Lowtax being a wifebeater.

isn’t he a bitcoin millionaire

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

surely "paying actual money to purchase and own this internet web site" is weird enough

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

TBH I still don't really like the succzone being treated as a D&D offsite because it's both boring and gets us in trouble, but I see a whole lot of irony in forbidding people to talk about QCS posting considering that QCS's stated purpose is for posting about posting

can someone please tell the mod team to chill the gently caress out. Jesus Christ their hand does not need to be on the tiller of every thread in cspam

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

ok, so, can we have a dedicated "d&d mock thread" if we plainly call it the "d&d mock thread" and it's understood that if you don't want to be upset at being mocked in the d&d mock thread you shouldn't look into the d&d mock thread?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

sexpig by night posted:

what do you thin Jeffery's weird thing will be? I mean funny weird thing like Lowtax being addicted to fancy cookies and spending tons of money on them, not horrifying like Lowtax being a wifebeater.

muppet fetish

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

ok, so, can we have a dedicated "d&d mock thread" if we plainly call it the "d&d mock thread" and it's understood that if you don't want to be upset at being mocked in the d&d mock thread you shouldn't look into the d&d mock thread?

don't ask me, I'm just the zone janitor

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Reporting this post for targeted harassment of a a kamala harris voter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

Reporting this post for targeted harassment of a a kamala harris voter

technically since it was a write in they probably never bothered counting his vote

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao just read the QCS thread

Goddamn D&D is some broke brained poo poo

My previous assessment of USPOL remains unchanged but sending someone a rude PM is not in the same universe as sexual harassment lmao god drat what does SA do to people's brains

I don't pay enough attention to forums drama so I'm just extremely confused - most of that nonsense isn't even from USPOL regulars, it's some other cult of who the gently caress knows

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Speaking as somebody who's been in a lot of mock threads over the years, mock threads are kind of a toxic environment, and all it took to convince me was dropping in on page like 10,000 of a mock thread I hadn't seen before (it was the xbone one I think???) A mock thread like that which is also kind of a drama magnet probably won't go over well, but shoot your shot if you want!

The succzone is itself a mock thread, really, but it's about politics which is actually important rather than about (eg) how much Andrew Dobson sucks, which is true but not worthy of as much thought as it received

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Posting talk should, imo, not extend for much more than a page at a time. Around that point is when thread quality starts circling the drain as folks get increasingly obsessive and want to score their thread points.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I don't pay enough attention to forums drama so I'm just extremely confused - most of that nonsense isn't even from USPOL regulars, it's some other cult of who the gently caress knows

yea that was what freaked me out, apparently QCS has regulars itself and THEY keep these weird tabs???

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1371162689926488065

hmm

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the xbone had the wrong ram.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

yea that was what freaked me out, apparently QCS has regulars itself and THEY keep these weird tabs???

QCS is basically just Helldump, which was also a mock thread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

So I heard

I dunno I just bought the console that let me play Persona 5 and didn't devote much braintime to the one I didn't have but I guess I'm the weird one

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Catching up on QCS drama is so weird to me because of all the posts devoted to extremely bitter slapfights between posters I've never heard of, who obviously hate each other because of earlier arguments I have never seen

I'm sorry you decided to volunteer your time doing this? What the gently caress go complain to your other colleagues who might give a poo poo your stupid job sucks

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

A political party with both houses of Congress and the Presidency should do something about this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

So I heard

I dunno I just bought the console that let me play Persona 5 and didn't devote much braintime to the one I didn't have but I guess I'm the weird one

Friends on sony: matt, nick, tony

Friends on xbone:

easy choice

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cool

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

maybe I should say D&D. IDK I don't read that garbage, I just recognize some of the names (mostly from loling at people's rap sheets).

it just confirms my thoughts and why I choose not to post there or read it even

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the best thing about playing paradox map games is that I wont have to upgrade my setup to today’s top of the line of standards for another 8 years

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can someone please tell the mod team to chill the gently caress out. Jesus Christ their hand does not need to be on the tiller of every thread in cspam

That would be asking a lot of people who got selected by posting tumrpf the most times.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

majour333 posted:

I'm sorry you decided to volunteer your time doing this? What the gently caress go complain to your other colleagues who might give a poo poo your stupid job sucks

lol who are you

why are you coming into random C-SPAM threads to defend QCS's honor

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
There's no honor in qcs lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

Friends on sony: matt, nick, tony

Friends on xbone:

easy choice

nice start to a rap here imo

friends on sony: matt nick tony
friends on xbone: tommy tutone

I got friends, and that's a fact
Like Agnes, Agatha, Jermaine, and Jack

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Thump! posted:

I feel bad I don't think I even have any posting enemies :(

I will kill you.

Does that make you feel better?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

:mods:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Thump! posted:

I feel bad I don't think I even have any posting enemies :(

we can be enemies, bitch

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I will kill you.

"And looking back, we can pinpoint this post as the one that started the QCS thread that finally closed C-SPAM"

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
D&D as a forum was never meant to be a place where you get to mindlessly scream and complain about things you don't like, and get pissy when people who know more than you explain to you that the solutions aren't as simple or easy as you think. When someone asks "why hasn't Biden closed the concentration camps yet", and another poster explains at length why doing so is complicated, and the response is "haha lol look at the concentration camp apologist"... that's not "disagreement", it's just high school level idiocy. And banning those users from the forum would not take away from it one it — in fact, it would improve the space considerably.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my posting enemy is that baby with the one eyebrow

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"And looking back, we can pinpoint this post as the one that started the QCS thread that finally closed C-SPAM"

We will finally be free!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

So I heard

the xbone being poorly made doesn't really matter in the grand scheme, but like everything there's gonna be insane people who are personally aggrieved and feel as though you are dancing on their grandmother's grave if you imply this one thing isn't as good as they think it is. it rocked

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol got the same thing when I checked last night. I saw the website say they are rolling them out in phases, so lol at the whitewashing they were trying to do last week of bidens irs is sending checks to everyone immediately.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the best thing about playing paradox map games is that I wont have to upgrade my setup to today’s top of the line of standards for another 8 years

Same but also rpg maker games

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

World War Mammories posted:

my liberal dad had the incredible insight that “it’s kind of amazing to me how we all just kind of picked Biden.” you know, it was all so contentious, but somehow everybody just sort of simultaneously agreed that it was over! this after I spent two years trying to get him to understand the concept of manufactured consent

i think chalking it up to manufactured consent isn't right. there was nearly a year runup of stories in the media about how biden was too old, too white, etc, and that it would be one of the other 20 candidates for reason x, reason y, reason z. the media+party was trying to build a base for anyone they could find palatable (kamala, etc). and it just kept failing. then obama made his call, the media reported on the call, and the party loyalists agreed that yes, god-king obama must have his will obeyed and that was that.

there wasn't a broad and wide effort to build up a narrative for him, it was just decided in one day that only one person's vote mattered and everyone else needed to do what they were told to do. and since millions of people willingly agreed with this because they've spent decades working themselves into a frenzy about the Enemy Party , nothing else was needed

if any consent was manufactured, it's that the parties are notably different from each other. the only real difference is democrats want to allow abortions a few weeks longer during the term than republicans, and republicans have a better stance on guns than the dem platform, despite trump being the only politician who's done anything significantly anti-gun in 25 years

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

pigz posted:

D&D as a forum was never meant to be a place where you get to mindlessly scream and complain about things you don't like, and get pissy when people who know more than you explain to you that the solutions aren't as simple or easy as you think. When someone asks "why hasn't Biden closed the concentration camps yet", and another poster explains at length why doing so is complicated, and the response is "haha lol look at the concentration camp apologist"... that's not "disagreement", it's just high school level idiocy. And banning those users from the forum would not take away from it one it — in fact, it would improve the space considerably.

debating is for losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1371456116043972610