Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

haveblue posted:

Playing unreal tournament under the name "his own rear end" because it made all the death message templates hilarious

One of my favorite features of Steam is how freely and easily I'm allowed to change my name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
happy warch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:mods:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I gotta stop leaving my monitor off

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

One of my favorite features of Steam is how freely and easily I'm allowed to change my name.

Someone in Destiny changed their name to Karen, Speaker To Managers and it made me laugh

In the same lobby was Scrota, Son of Oryx

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone in Destiny changed their name to Karen, Speaker To Managers and it made me laugh

I had a friend who got yelled at by some Russian dudes in PUBG because his name was SCAR-L Marx

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

And 500 jokes about Cabals

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

already posted earlier but it never hurts to keep signal boosting it

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1371337746048897024

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

the defining image of tyool 2020 imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It still is uncanny how the mario and sonic olympics game commemorates an event that never happened

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Lady VG cannot stand the fact that I always use save slot 2 when starting games.

this is just basic little sibling proofing. First file is always most likely to be deleted or overwritten or otherwise played when you weren't playing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

already posted earlier but it never hurts to keep signal boosting it

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1371337746048897024

Did they remove the Winnie the Pooh joke? It's not a big deal if so, I still want to support them, but i'm curious that was left out after all.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man, remember gog’s “ah yes we have received many messages from many Gamers, we will pull Devotion from our store”?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Man, remember gog’s “ah yes we have received many messages from many Gamers, we will pull Devotion from our store”?

It wasn't even on the store, just the announcement was enough for the "gamers" to complain enough to have the release cancelled.

I still wonder if the GOG people were naive enough to believe that people hated the game, or it was just a convenient excuse for some pressure from the top.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Oh, I think someone in here made some really good yakisoba the other day. If they have it, what was the recipie? I tried my own it was alright but I wanna expand y horizons.

When I made it, this was the recipe I went with:

https://www.justonecookbook.com/yakisoba/

I preferred a less sweet sauce so I didn't put as much sugar. If you are considering making this in "pan" form, Yakisoba pan is usually just the noodles without any of the other bits, but that's because they tend to be wrapped and eaten later when those things would get soggy. If you're cooking to immediately serve then doing it all should be fine, and also somewhat addresses the "carb on carb" worries some folks have

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Preliminary leaks for where the Wario Ware series goes next:

https://twitter.com/parismartineau/status/1371489358520455171

https://twitter.com/parismartineau/status/1371490930759503875

Just keep making Wario money. He tell you when to stop.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stop this hell world I want to get off

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what is the virtual currency spent on, bathroom breaks?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Preliminary leaks for where the Wario Ware series goes next:

https://twitter.com/parismartineau/status/1371489358520455171

Just keep making Wario money. He tell you when to stop.

This isn't new, Amazon has had this for years.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ah, company scrip but as a tamagotchi, beautiful

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gamification, love to see it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now that's Cyberpunk

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now that's capitalism!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now that's pod racing!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Same thing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
When u think about it, everything is pod racing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Your UNPAID OVERTIME evolved into CHRONIC BACK PAIN!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So I played MP HoI over the weekend and ended up accidentally sending volunteers to the wrong Spain and now I am owned forever in both video games and professional wrestling in an exactly 7 day span.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

You used UNIONIZE

It wasn't very effective

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

CHRONIC BACK PAIN learned Flare Up!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

You used UNIONIZE

It wasn't very effective

Actual lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

When u think about it, everything is pod racing

Mandalorian season 3 going into some weird places.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I have started naming all my male characters in games Jimothy Bingbong.

Jimothy was the name of my halfling rogue Everquest character lol

E: his full name was Jimothy Pietaster cuz all my characters surnames were named after ska bands

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

karmicknight posted:

So I played MP HoI over the weekend and ended up accidentally sending volunteers to the wrong Spain and now I am owned forever in both video games and professional wrestling in an exactly 7 day span.

whoopsy, accidental fascism

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The classic Roman blunder of confusing "Spain" and "Further Spain"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

whoopsy, accidental fascism

I am the german co-op (and we aren't allowed to kill hitler despite my desires because it would "cause the game to collapse" or whatever) so it was actually "oops, I guess the Germans are fighting alongside the Soviets in Catalonia."

Then things got Real Weird and the Carlist Spanish won.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The classic Roman blunder of confusing "Spain" and "Further Spain"

We sent the troops to Madrid, what do you mean that wasn't where they were supposed to go. Madrid is the legal capital of Spain, therefore we sent them to the Spanish government.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

10hr workdays and draconian work policies? Those people should talk to their union rep imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there was a point in my life where i renamed all the main characters of the RPGs i was playing to Karu (which according to the internet was the japanese version of my own name) and the main female companion Hela

in Chrono Trigger i remember Karu, Hela, Washu, Mumbo, and Frogg

Earthbound featured the adventures of Karu, Hela, Louie, and Bob