Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if they could find a way to bring back Beloved Character Actress Margo Martindale. Maybe she can be Dexter's new ghost conscience or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Laterite posted:

It would be nice if they could find a way to bring back Beloved Character Actress Margo Martindale. Maybe she can be Dexter's new ghost conscience or something.

Have you been watching Your Honor? She's in that, which is a much much better show than Dexter.

Low bar, but still.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Hopefully Dexter's transformation to lumberjack is now so complete that he spends the season hunting and killing dangerous trees.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Joust posted:

Hopefully Dexter's transformation to lumberjack is now so complete that he spends the season hunting and killing dangerous trees.

Dexter, carefully placing a drop of sap between two slides as James Remar awkwardly delivers lines.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
So here's the first look at Dexter.

https://twitter.com/ardamayindhi/status/1364988292043739138

What do you guys wanna bet he's not even going by an alias. Or if he is it's something like Dexter Moran.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*cue 65-page better call saul-style discussion about how people tend to age over time*

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

1 episode of him being called something aggressively normal, like Joe, and having a girlfriend and a normal life, and he’s fighting the urge to be himself the entire episode, and then at the end of the episode when he has someone in the trunk of his car he either looks distraught or smiles at the camera so that the audience knows “heeeee’s baaaaaaack”

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Odds for the first words in the script being "Tonight's the night" ?

Edit: New season will cover an alternate reality in which Dexter's parade daydream from the end of S1 actually happened.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Jennifer Carpenter will absolutely be back as Head Deb and probably take over the Head Harry role. Head Laguerta will also make an appearance.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Slamhound posted:

Jennifer Carpenter will absolutely be back as Head Deb and probably take over the Head Harry role. Head Laguerta will also make an appearance.

Hopefully. I always felt like Lauren Velez would have been good value for money as a proper, slightly campy villain. Playing around as a vengeful ghost spirit might be a good fit for her.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Slamhound posted:

Played by the bench, though.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Played by the bench, though.

She’ll always be presented as sitting on the bench and it will make it all worthwhile.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slamhound posted:

Jennifer Carpenter will absolutely be back as Head Deb and probably take over the Head Harry role. HeadBench Laguerta will also make an appearance.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

All of Head Deb's advice will be given while sitting on the Laguerta bench. It's like poetry since Deb killed her.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I hope Dexter now drives a Black SUV

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6CwxRrn1A

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really need there to be Head Deb just swearing constantly at Head Dad in the background at all times

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Poque posted:

I really need there to be Head Deb just swearing constantly at Head Dad in the background at all times

same

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ghost Harry was a mistake. Bring back the flashbacks, but this time with actual younger actors. Even if they do cost more than a cheap wig.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ghost LaGuerta arrests Ghost Harry for Ghost Crimes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Poque posted:

Ghost LaGuerta arrests Ghost Harry for Ghost Crimes

But she does it as a bench

itry
Aug 23, 2019

LaGuerta's new catchphrase is "I'll be bench(ing you) :smug:"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

esperterra posted:

But she does it as a bench

And she gets around in a Black SUV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvImJz6hRl0

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The old live threads for this dumpster fire of a show were a whole lot of fun.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I remember some quality stuff being in the past threads, especially about the Doomsday Killer season which was about when things started properly going off the rails.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I can't believe Showtime decided to renew the best show of all time, Dexter Megathread from SomethingAwful dot Com

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Odd choice of music. Did they lose the rights to the ritual intro theme? That was actually a good theme and will probably immediately draw the attention of anybody who recognizes it.

Edit: Just the first two bars would do it.

itry fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 2, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

itry posted:

Odd choice of music. Did they lose the rights to the ritual intro theme? That was actually a good theme and will probably immediately draw the attention of anybody who recognizes it.

Nope please no more butchering of that season 1 soundtrack that they never assed themselves to update or add to. :negative:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah, the soundtrack quality dropped after the first season, and fell off a cliff somewhere after season 2. Really lame.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Weird, I don't remember season 1's music.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Argue posted:

Dexter Megathread from SomethingAwful dot Com

I smell a new thread title.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Some of these must ring a bell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFVkYvSY-0

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL80F65D4F07BE76F1

Edit: bad link

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Because they picked a few tracks and played them 5000 times until your head exploded.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

itry posted:

it's because Nina Simone is loving great, hth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckv6-yhnIY

itry
Aug 23, 2019

She's great, but what does that have to do with Dexter.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

itry posted:

Yeah, the soundtrack quality dropped after the first season, and fell off a cliff somewhere after season 2. Really lame.

The warped version of the intro when Dexter was dealing with the kids after Rita died was the last time the score work was interesting.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Huh, I didn't notice the plastic wrapped person struggling in the reflection, but as soon as you know they're there it's impossible to not see and hear them.

I hope they go with some different opening music. The opening credits for Dexter are some of the best of any show ever, they do such a good job of setting up what the show is, communicating how his entire ordinary life has this darkness hiding just beneath. With him being in a very different situation now and also being well aware that he can't "have it all" that doesn't fit.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

100% they will have the same opening but with cold lumberjack things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

George H.W. oval office posted:

100% they will have the same opening but with cold lumberjack things.

Instead of fresh meat it'll be jerky. Instead of running it'll be chopping wood. Instead of eggs it'll be... still eggs. No floral shirt. Maybe floral socks.