Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I used to live in Bristol many, many years ago and there was an independent place about 30 minutes walk from me called Planet Pizza (I just checked and it is all modernised now).

I would always order the 'Plan-It Pizza' because a) you could pick your toppings and b) the wordplay.
(Haloumi, chorizo and garlic butter were what I usually went for).

I just looked it up and it looks more like a pizza express now. They also seemed to have moved to a fancier location.
Back then, though, it looked like the space jam website.

I am glad they have done well and are still operating. :)

gently caress I keep meaning to order from that place but it's pretty expensive so I always end up going somewhere cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Booky posted:

all pizzas are good, except olives and pineapple

I only really got into olives in the past couple of years and its amazing how many people hate them!

Green pitted olives and feta cheese, yum yum

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Barbecue chicken with pineapple which is coincidentally what I had from Domino’s last night

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I beat the romhack

ended up getting help once, and using savestates maybe half a dozen times, all in places where failure set you back by multiple minutes before you could get back to where you were. Never in the middle of a challenge.

I stand by my previous assessment: you alternate between being in awe at how cool it is, and being absolutely infuriated by stupid romhack bullshit. Don't even bother if you don't have at least hundreds of hours in OoT already

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

congratulations cheetah

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

gently caress I keep meaning to order from that place but it's pretty expensive so I always end up going somewhere cheaper

It was many, many moons ago. No idea if the food is the same - it looks way fancier than it used to be. Plan-It Pizza 10 inch was £4. Perfect price :)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I only really got into olives in the past couple of years and its amazing how many people hate them!

Green pitted olives and feta cheese, yum yum

Same, i think olives are my second favorite veggie now aside from God’s vegetable, broccoli.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wait what olives count towards 5 a day?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I like Papa Johns for my "I want a pizza where I can use a 25% off code I found online and not have to go far" pizza, but there are local joints I prefer for a sit-down experience (Hounddogs) and a pizza-by-the-slice experience (Mikey' Late Night Slice).

wrt renaming characters, this is mostly verboten but for some games I've played through before I like to rename the lead to Dude or My Dude. The latter is especially good in Zelda titles.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Wait what olives count towards 5 a day?
Depends on how many you eat. They're certainly healthy enough. Oleic acid is good for you.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Hmm olives, nature's candy but good for you

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I enjoy black Kalamata olives, personally. They're very juicy and flavourful.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Last Celebration posted:

Same, i think olives are my second favorite veggie now aside from God’s vegetable, broccoli.

Olives are a fruit

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Olives are a fruit

I mean, so’s tomato/breadfruit/zucchini but I’m still gonna eat those like a tasty veggie, no offense.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fun little fact that I learned when I took cooking classes once: there are actually two different definitions of "fruit." One is the taxonomical definition, under which tomatoes and olives are fruit, and one is the culinary definition, under which they aren't. A real chef would laugh in your face if you told them that tomatoes aren't vegetables, because as far as the professional jargon of cooking is concerned, they absolutely are.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I'd still prefer to use the more science-y sounding definition and tell the professional chef they're wrong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Words can mean whatever you want them to mean. Olives are a chair

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tomatoes are both a vegetable and a fruit because there is no botanical category called "vegetable." It's a purely culinary term. So tomatoes (and cucumbers, and zucchini, and peppers, and a ton of other foods) are fruits botanically, but in culinary terms are vegetables.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
very tasty combination I found: peperoni and tuna (and some bell peppers)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Bell peppers and beef

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Speaking of confusion of terms: something that always fucks with me is the way Americans refer to a type of spicy salami as peperoni when to me that means hot peppers.

Harrow posted:

Tomatoes are both a vegetable and a fruit because there is no botanical category called "vegetable." It's a purely culinary term. So tomatoes (and cucumbers, and zucchini, and peppers, and a ton of other foods) are fruits botanically, but in culinary terms are vegetables.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yo how come you can drink a drink but cannot food a food :mindblown:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whoa

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

yo how come you can drink a drink but cannot food a food :mindblown:

You can snack on a snack and feast on a feast but not beverage a beverage

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I food food every day

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whoa

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rarity posted:

drat, I need to get more chairs in my diet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

you actually need a doctorate in english to do this or else it's illegal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Congratulations to Lara Croft on making it into fortnite

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At my old school the linguistics dept had a room called the Semantics Lab and I'd like to imagine that's what was going on inside.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

You can snack on a snack and feast on a feast but not beverage a beverage

Words. Just like magnets. How do they work?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway :2bong:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

At my old school the linguistics dept had a room called the Semantics Lab and I'd like to imagine that's what was going on inside.

It was really just a room where they pondered the meaning of a dog.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
watch out for the semiotics lab, they really like that one ace of base song

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hello

while I'm moving stuff off my phone

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 16, 2021

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Handsome dog.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you actually need a doctorate in english to do this or else it's refridgerator

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

watch out for the semiotics lab, they really like that one ace of base song

watch out for the semisonic lab, they’ll kick you out

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Lousy warch weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The story of Yakuza 3 seems to be cruising along, which is good, because the boss battles are not fun, even for a noted Yakuza beat 'em up combat defender.