Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

its going to collapse one way or another. the boomers are all going to retire at the same time and none of their kids are able to buy the family house. that means when the boomers try to sell their house and cash out their retirement money the market will be flooded and prices will crash

The boomers run from 1946-64, making them 57-75. The cohort of homeowners that you think is going to cause a crash is already majority retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Aren't like half of boomers retirement age anyway? (or at least the ones sitting on multiple million dollar homes) I don't see why Gen X or millennials are going to be suddenly virtuous and reject pumping up the bubble the same as boomers did, I think the problem is more about housing intentionally propped up as an investment vehicle and less about generations being fundamentally sinful or whatever the gently caress all this boomer vs millennial bullshit is all about.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Boomers are already cashing in on the high value of their homes, not by selling them, but by taking out HELOCs. Then they will die and their children will inherit both an overvalued home and a large loan taken out against the high value of that home, and that will be a fun time.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

enki42 posted:

Aren't like half of boomers retirement age anyway? (or at least the ones sitting on multiple million dollar homes) I don't see why Gen X or millennials are going to be suddenly virtuous and reject pumping up the bubble the same as boomers did, I think the problem is more about housing intentionally propped up as an investment vehicle and less about generations being fundamentally sinful or whatever the gently caress all this boomer vs millennial bullshit is all about.

Yeah the generational stuff is bullshit imo. There's a huge amount of people borrowing against their parents inflated home equity to put down payments on homes, feeding the inflationary pressure on prices.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Instead of a 100% profit margin, we're making 80, 90% margins at times... it's an absolute nightmare. I don't know how anyone can survive in this environment..

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

The boomers run from 1946-64, making them 57-75. The cohort of homeowners that you think is going to cause a crash is already majority retired.

there is "retired" and there is "so old you can't take care of yourself any more". A 65 year old boomer can still live in their house, but what happens when that boomer is 80 and they need 24/7 nursing care? thats not cheap, thats when the house gets sold

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Another Bill posted:

DON'T be a contrarian poo poo. DO get the vaccine if for no other reason than to protect people who medically cannot.

Lol eat poo poo I'll do what I want

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

there is "retired" and there is "so old you can't take care of yourself any more". A 65 year old boomer can still live in their house, but what happens when that boomer is 80 and they need 24/7 nursing care? thats not cheap, thats when the house gets sold

I don't know dude all the boomers I know have already sold their Toronto houses and moved to the country or a small condo :shrug:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol eat poo poo I'll do what I want

The thing about not getting vaccinated against a deadly endemic virus is it's a problem that kind of takes care of itself. Good luck!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If the vaccine was some kind of mass genocide poison they wouldn't be loving up the distribution so badly

:psyduck:
what the hell does this even mean? the conservatives want your vote so they can destroy the economy and take your job? i mean yeah, but i didnt expect them to be so honest about it

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Rutibex posted:

If the vaccine was some kind of mass genocide poison they wouldn't be loving up the distribution so badly

i mean are they even loving up the distribution that badly? Ontario at least has consistently has about a weeks worth of supply at any time, seems fine?

There's a billion different ways ford has hosed up the pandemic but vaccine administration doesn't seem to be one of them?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

enki42 posted:

i mean are they even loving up the distribution that badly? Ontario at least has consistently has about a weeks worth of supply at any time, seems fine?

There's a billion different ways ford has hosed up the pandemic but vaccine administration doesn't seem to be one of them?

Its an american vaccine obviously the genocide plot would come from america not doug forg :rolleyes:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Another Bill posted:

The thing about not getting vaccinated against a deadly endemic virus is it's a problem that kind of takes care of itself. Good luck!

"deadly"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

yikes

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

everyone rolls a natural 1 eventually

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shut up idiot

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lmao. Is this dude for real?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

this isn't facebook, you should make sure you're logged into the right place before you post

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you could probably check their post history before you bite so hard on the hook

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

infernal machines posted:

you could probably check their post history before you bite so hard on the hook

Shhhhhhhhh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
poo poo, sorry. you cast a line and they'll sink your boat throwing themselves bodily into it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ah poo poo. I posted in the DD Canada thread thinking it was this one. We'll see how it goes.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

Top female officer quits Canadian Forces, says she's 'sickened' by reports of sexual misconduct

"Unfortunately, I am not surprised. I am also certain that the scope of the problem has yet to be exposed. Throughout my career, I have observed insidious and inappropriate use of power for sexual exploitation."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i really don't want erin o'toole on the grill this summer

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That would taste like poo poo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

i really don't want erin o'toole on the grill this summer

or anywhere or anytime quite frankly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, maybe you could do a kālua puaʻa or something.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 01:21 on Mar 17, 2021

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
how was erin otoole 60 years old 6 years ago when hes like mid 40s

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How... how do they have the same face? That's downright creepy. If that's his wife, I'm concerned about how closely they're related. If she's his sister, I'm concerned about how close they are. If she's both... well, I would be disturbed, but not that concerned.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i guess technically he's gone from serving our country to serving veterans and their families on the grill this summer, which is a bit much, even for the conservatives

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Randalor posted:

How... how do they have the same face? That's downright creepy. If that's his wife, I'm concerned about how closely they're related. If she's his sister, I'm concerned about how close they are. If she's both... well, I would be disturbed, but not that concerned.

Some paranormal creatures tend to shapeshift and if two are close together they start trading features with one another and morph to an equilibrium

To stay unnoticed they must feed before a new election period

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Another Bill posted:

Top female officer quits Canadian Forces, says she's 'sickened' by reports of sexual misconduct

"Unfortunately, I am not surprised. I am also certain that the scope of the problem has yet to be exposed. Throughout my career, I have observed insidious and inappropriate use of power for sexual exploitation."

not to diminish her achievements or the significance of her act, because they're both noteworthy, but a lieutenant-colonel in the reserve is not a "top officer"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

flakeloaf posted:

not to diminish her achievements or the significance of her act, because they're both noteworthy, but a lieutenant-colonel in the reserve is not a "top officer"

To be fair, to most laypeople (myself included) any rank above sergeant sounds very important

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Fried Watermelon posted:

Some paranormal creatures tend to shapeshift and if two are close together they start trading features with one another and morph to an equilibrium

To stay unnoticed they must feed before a new election period

What shape Shifter would pick that though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a conservative one

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fashionable Jorts posted:

To be fair, to most laypeople (myself included) any rank above sergeant sounds very important

Yup that's totally reasonable for someone whose job is not to report on the military :)

Someone who had that job - a CBC reporter, let's say - would know there are about fourteen female generals, including LGen Allen, the second-in-command of the whole show. A safe "no-HRMS" guess for the number of rank X is about triple the next-highest rank, so throw in thirty full colonels and 120 lieutenant colonels, then knock it back a bit because there are fewer women at all ranks to "about 20" and "IDK maybe 90?" respectively. Then you find out later in the article that she's a reservist and you throw up your hands cause that's an entirely different question

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

flakeloaf posted:

Yup that's totally reasonable for someone whose job is not to report on the military :)

Someone who had that job - a CBC reporter, let's say - would know there are about fourteen female generals, including LGen Allen, the second-in-command of the whole show. A safe "no-HRMS" guess for the number of rank X is about triple the next-highest rank, so throw in thirty full colonels and 120 lieutenant colonels, then knock it back a bit because there are fewer women at all ranks to "about 20" and "IDK maybe 90?" respectively. Then you find out later in the article that she's a reservist and you throw up your hands cause that's an entirely different question

i didn't know canada even had 14 generals. that seems like too many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously how many people does it take to follow American orders