Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Noooooo

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

For the Kanye divorce fund.

I'm not good with money.
Are these like a knockoff of those expensive ugly shoes that I can't remember the name of?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Shrapnig posted:

For the Kanye divorce fund.

I'm not good with money.

Why do they have laces? Aren't shoes like this supposed to be Velcro only?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

the good part about yeezys is that someone else will pay ridiculous markup when you come down from the rush of buying the shoe and understand the mistake you just made

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sure is a lot of shop shaming going on here.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Got a Couch strap because I was tired of moving around my other straps, plus they're a (to me) local shop and make these things out of recycled materials from old cars and stuff.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

skooma512 posted:

make these things out of recycled materials from old cars and stuff.

Example?

also - Nice strap/guitar

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slimy Hog posted:

As is tradition for ugly shoes

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slimy Hog posted:

yes but

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

colas posted:

Example?

also - Nice strap/guitar

https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/guitar-straps/vintage-auto-vinyl-straps

This one is from an El Camino.

The one I got is from a Mexican blanket, but truth be told I'm kind of suspicious of that claim. It feels nice though so whatever.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My first rifle, a Ruger 10/22. Also got a hard case, a spare magazine, and a brick of ammo :blastu:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

My first rifle, a Ruger 10/22. Also got a hard case, a spare magazine, and a brick of ammo :blastu:

Heck yeah I have one, they’re so fun.

Go get a 30 round banana mag for maximum silly.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rolo posted:

Heck yeah I have one, they’re so fun.

Go get a 30 round banana mag for maximum silly.

I'm in New York, so I can only legally buy 10 round mags. Thankfully they sell ones that look like 25 round banana mags, but come with a helpful limiter to keep you from accidentally putting in too many rounds.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

1022s are fun as heck, nice selection. I put a little red dot on mine and plink metal and use it with new shooters.

I just picked up a qui-ya 90L pack and admin pouch from Hill People Gear. I bought the umlindi daypack a while back and it rides really nice. None of the upper back/shoulder tension like daypacks I'd used previously. I'm optimistic for backpacking with the qui-ya.

I had got the junction pack for my wife and while she liked it initially, when it was loaded up with water and some weight she did not like the straps and fit at all and had to return it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Coffee And Pie posted:

A good start down a rabbit hole of modification. It’s basically the most modifiable rifle after an AR type. I have a 10/22 Target Lite in my collection and it’s definitely a good little rifle.

I’ve since taken the bipod off and moved it to a much heavier target rifle, in efforts to keep the Lite, well, light.

Enjoy it!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Let me just jump in on ugly shoe chat

mystes
May 31, 2006

Blue On Blue posted:

We have a winner.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Jsut do ʇᴉ.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

*HURK*

wear whatever you want idgaf that looks comfy as hell

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Blue On Blue posted:

I like.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

lord funk posted:

*HURK*

wear whatever you want idgaf that looks comfy as hell

Those are high end running shoes so at least they have a reason to look that way.

That said, you better be fast if you're getting those expensive rear end knits!

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I've been shop shamed for shoes here before so I got a pass. Those sneakers are loving awful. You're gonna look like your stupid feet splashed through a puddle of gently caress you. gently caress your shoes. They suck. There should be a unit of measurement for the amount of shame per step wearing those shoes.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I want to buy ugly shoes too. Maybe something with goldfish in the heels. Know what I spend my money on?

That loving window. That's my recent purchase. Wanna know what it cost? A lot. Know what I get to do with it? I can look at it, or through it. Maybe twiddle the little cranks that open the side parts. Smudge dicks onto it with my fingers for a chuckle.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Bottom Liner posted:

Those are high end running shoes so at least they have a reason to look that way.

Imagine buying alpha flys just to walk around in though.

I have a pair of vapor flys I bought last year that are still new in box, some day a race I sign up for won't get cancelled. :negative:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love eBay

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I want to buy ugly shoes too. Maybe something with goldfish in the heels. Know what I spend my money on?

That loving window. That's my recent purchase. Wanna know what it cost? A lot. Know what I get to do with it? I can look at it, or through it. Maybe twiddle the little cranks that open the side parts. Smudge dicks onto it with my fingers for a chuckle.

This month I get to spend seventeen grand replacing cracked cast iron pipes with pvc then redoing all the poo poo that had to be torn up to do so, and all it does it take poo poo water out of the house. Do you know how many ugly shoes I could buy for that amount? Because I don't. I have no concept of how much ugly shoes go for these days. I've spent the past year in slippers.

That being said, I also want to replace two small windows with a picture window like yours so I can better watch the cars go by with my toddler son, and smudge dicks onto it for a chuckle.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

When I get my vaccine shot I'm going to visit the last Blockbuster Video over in Bend, Oregon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Coffee And Pie posted:

The 10/22 was my first gun and they are great. Easy to maintain and dead-simple to use.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

When I get my vaccine shot I'm going to visit the last Blockbuster Video over in Bend, Oregon.

Yeah boosters are a good idea, they can get pretty feral at that Blockbuster.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

A really good friend of mine used to work there.

Content:

OSU_Matthew posted:

I was looking at these not too long ago! Would love to hear your thoughts once you set it up and use it :)

Having a nice dedicated table for games has been a fantastic quality of life improvement (as opposed to setting up a plastic table or awkwardly playing around the coffee table). I always thought dedicated dining room space was such an outdated idea, but honestly it’s been very nice having a space to sprawl out and work on projects or play games. I only wish I’d done it sooner

I got this table and have played a few games on it so I can give a bit of an update

Shipping:
I love that it came in multiple boxes over multiple days, it made me feel less-bad for the delivery driver and made it easier on my old-man back

Building:
It was pretty easy to put together, but there are a few tiny annoyances such as

1. the bolts being a different color than the directions say so "long black bolt" actually referred to the short black bolt since the "long silver bolts" were black
2. The screw-holes on the topper aren't positioned properly so the alignment nubs don't align it right. I'll eventually get around to fixing it, but right now the topper is as bit askew.

Quality:
This is the nicest piece of furniture that I own, but most of my furniture is from the thrift store or Ikea.
I don't care for the felt that comes with the table so I bought a mat made of "Speed cloth" that I use and it's a big improvement.

Playing:
It's nice to have all this space to play on! The inside is an inch or two longer than my dining table which I didn't think would make that much of a difference but it really does! And if I need even MORE space I can either play on the topper or use the side-shelves that I bought along with it.

Overall:
Awesome purchase

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I was always told that the ugliest dad looking running shoes are the best for you , the uglier and more dad like the better

But I decided to try the opposite. High end ugly but very high tech ,

So we shall see !

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
When I was running ~50k each week I just bought whatever Asics were on sale for $30-$40 and replaced them every 500 miles. It worked ok

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

When I was running ~50k each week I just bought whatever Asics were on sale for $30-$40 and replaced them every 500 miles. It worked ok

Yep basically what I heard most people recommend to do

50k a week is a lot , I’m more in the realm of 20k spread over 3-4 days. But I’m working on speeding up my times so it’s more about that than long distance

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I ran that volume only for about 18 months when I was trying to shed some stubborn weight. There were a couple of weeks where I ran a 10k each day. I had to take a few days break after that one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Slimy Hog posted:

A really good friend of mine used to work there.

Content:

I got this table and have played a few games on it so I can give a bit of an update

Shipping:
I love that it came in multiple boxes over multiple days, it made me feel less-bad for the delivery driver and made it easier on my old-man back

Building:
It was pretty easy to put together, but there are a few tiny annoyances such as

1. the bolts being a different color than the directions say so "long black bolt" actually referred to the short black bolt since the "long silver bolts" were black
2. The screw-holes on the topper aren't positioned properly so the alignment nubs don't align it right. I'll eventually get around to fixing it, but right now the topper is as bit askew.

Quality:
This is the nicest piece of furniture that I own, but most of my furniture is from the thrift store or Ikea.
I don't care for the felt that comes with the table so I bought a mat made of "Speed cloth" that I use and it's a big improvement.

Playing:
It's nice to have all this space to play on! The inside is an inch or two longer than my dining table which I didn't think would make that much of a difference but it really does! And if I need even MORE space I can either play on the topper or use the side-shelves that I bought along with it.

Overall:
Awesome purchase

I want one of these so bad, but someone's gonna spill a drink on it in our house and I just can't have that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want one of those but if you're not using it as a dining table, a poker table does the trick.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I wish I knew about Stratomatic Baseball when I was a kid.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I want one of those but if you're not using it as a dining table, a poker table does the trick.

It's nice to be able to leave a game setup without worrying that our cat will knock pieces over and/or lay on the board. This is important when you like long games but have a toddler that takes a lot of your free time. Plus it means we don't have to clean off and wipe down the dining table every time we want to play a game.

Bottom Liner posted:

I wish I knew about Stratomatic Baseball when I was a kid.

I really love it and found out recently that one of my friends plays, so when it's safe to get together again I'm excited to play my first 2 player game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Finally got around to buying a new pair of these, I loved my old Goodwill pair until they dissolved