Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

IceAgeComing posted:

My general rule is to not really judge the women that WWE had around that time: there are plenty of stories that show that they weren't prioritising the most important things for wrestling when it came to recruitment (although the Bellas both had a sports background so that's less the case for them); they weren't trained brilliantly because everyone involved knew that there wasn't much point in going above a certain level and when WWE women did try to go out there and have good matches they'd be told off for outshining the men. Remember that Sasha Banks and Bayley didn't want to rehearse their 2015 Brooklyn Takeover match because they were legit worried about being told to take bits out and tone stuff down and that was in 2015 AFTER they had began to turn the corner on women's wrestling. If the entire system is rotten then its not the fault of the talent. I respect Nikki Bella; when the expectations on what was expected in-ring changed she clearly worked very hard to try to adapt when she honestly could have gotten away with not changing and by the end was a perfectly fine wrestler in-ring; and she didn't deserve a lot of the nasty stuff that was said about her towards the end of her WWE run.

A lot of the Divas were wrestling like 5 minute matches and it's understandable that any improvement would be glacial at that pace. Some women who held out there long enough did show some improvement, I can name Alicia Fox, the Bellas, Layla was never great at the offense but her selling/theatrics were wonderful, etc. Naomi's also a product of that system for the most part and she turned out all right, but it just took forever.

This is also why I have a lot of respect for Natalya because for years she was the go-to "we need a woman in this match who can actually work" wrestler, especially once Beth Phoenix retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1371619894458941440

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1371335978774790147

Somehow I don't think we will see de-aging technology used for this.

I appreciate you trying to protect his virtual feelings, but it's high time we told Adam Cole that he's a machine learning software program.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cam Wellington from Walsall, UK, was nineteen years old, was a mainstay of Pro Wrestling Live in the West Midlands, and had already worked internationally for European promotions. He was apparently in talks to go to Japan. He died in November.

Age and physical health make someone more or less *likely* to get sick, and more or less likely for the course of their disease to be bad, but the idea that this doesn't affect young people is a bucket of mind worms.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm 35 now and I caught covid 19 exactly one year ago. I was laid up for three weeks and had difficulty catching my breath for months afterwards. I was very lucky and I am fine now but there are other people I work with that caught it (nursing staff) that are still off work with shortness of breath, brain fog, fatigue and constant headaches.

gently caress that guy and gently caress anybody who downplays how serious this virus is.

Content:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingShoot2/status/1370930849630232577?s=20

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i didn't think it was possible for me to be surprised at exactly how much one of these people ends up being

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

is Les Moore's art guy doing consignment pieces now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Imagine being or having any association with a person who draws that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
sorta want that as my av

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

sticklefifer posted:

Imagine being or having any association with a person who draws that.

I think that is actually done by Meatyfist, a semi-beloved figure on Dave's board.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

I think that is actually done by Meatyfist, a semi-beloved figure on Dave's board.

It is done by Meatyfist who has done a lot of homophobic and racist art which was hosted by Les Moore.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

It is done by Meatyfist who has done a lot of homophobic and racist art which was hosted by Les Moore.

I didn't see a ton of his art, but I do recall some homophobic posts. F4W, both board and some staff, seem to like him a fair amount. My friend who is far too into Bryan Alvarez was just relistening to an Xmas show during which they seemed rather happy to have received physical art by him.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

collocation posted:

I didn't see a ton of his art, but I do recall some homophobic posts. F4W, both board and some staff, seem to like him a fair amount. My friend who is far too into Bryan Alvarez was just relistening to an Xmas show during which they seemed rather happy to have received physical art by him.

cool

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

you're cooler

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Collocation you should stop posting about stupid poo poo you read on the observer board unless you have something for this thread to laugh at. You are just making yourself look bad by playing these numbers.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

karmicknight posted:

Collocation you should stop posting about stupid poo poo you read on the observer board unless you have something for this thread to laugh at. You are just making yourself look bad by playing these numbers.

It seemed like it was on topic. My apologies, sir.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy poo poo please be less of a weenie.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

karmicknight posted:

holy poo poo please be less of a weenie.

Dude, it was on topic. I didn't know that F4W was exempt from the bad take thread. If it isn't, please inform me of exactly what I'm doing wrong because at this point it looks like anything I do you find an issue in. Though, really, I think that someone who isn't you should review this exchange.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
there we go.

collocation posted:

Dude, it was on topic. I didn't know that F4W was exempt from the bad take thread. If it isn't, please inform me of exactly what I'm doing wrong because at this point it looks like anything I do you find an issue in. Though, really, I think that someone who isn't you should review this exchange.

So, the deal is, you weren't really contributing to the idea of this thread, MRT and Mob had it covered with better follow through before you half-remembered something and someone else's anecdote. If you want to post things from F4W's board in this thread, please do, but no one is going to pretend to care about you knowing any wrestling board deep lore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

the lore of the Board

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

the lore of the Board

I'm not sure this joke will ever get old to me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It sucks because lore is not leaving my vocab so I guess I'm just going to be alley-ooping to whoever wants to dunk it.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Like most people, I don't dig being called a weenie, but my post was not a good post.

I hope that the sheer absurdity of this very tangentially related one is more fitting:

Edit: I've discovered that there was more:

collocation fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 17, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not reading all that

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I mean I'm impressed you managed to find someone incredibly wrong that wasn't just being a giant bigot or repeating the same poo poo of bigger, louder bigots

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

Like most people, I don't dig being called a weenie, but my post was not a good post.

I hope that the sheer absurdity of this very tangentially related one is more fitting:

It's the "-more stars than there are in the universe and the universe is infinite" but expanded into a thread. I personally love it.

It's time for some game theory.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

JOHN CENA posted:

im not reading all that

I wasn't going to, but when I did, I was rather impressed, though not in a positive way. As someone who can be too verbose and who sometimes comes across as having a stick up my rear end, I was impressed that someone took that type of thing so far.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy poo poo there was four tweet preamble for a post about Metlzer stars.

VideoWitch posted:

I mean I'm impressed you managed to find someone incredibly wrong that wasn't just being a giant bigot or repeating the same poo poo of bigger, louder bigots

:yeah:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah no, actually, I'm sorry for calling you a weenie that owns.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i think if there was a book with infinity pages, there would be no trees left, and that would be bad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

I wasn't going to, but when I did, I was rather impressed, though not in a positive way. As someone who can be too verbose and who sometimes comes across as having a stick up my rear end, I was impressed that someone took that type of thing so far.

John Cena (not the real one the poster here) missed out and wanted us to know about his L.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Procrastinator posted:

i think if there was a book with infinity pages, there would be no trees left, and that would be bad

It would be impossible to lift

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
there are digital books and web serials that go way, way past the record page counts of physical novels

I am hoping that technology likewise will advance to a point that we can have ten star matches

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

collocation posted:

Edit: I've discovered that there was more:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am hoping that technology likewise will advance to a point that we can have ten star matches

dont worry, it already has, in your heart

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

samoa joe vs the necro butcher is like six years old

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Procrastinator posted:

dont worry, it already has, in your heart

gently caress you dr. roberts, it WASN'T just cholesterol

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

karmicknight posted:

Yeah no, actually, I'm sorry for calling you a weenie that owns.

Thanks. It's cool. You were right about the post, for sure.

WatermelonGun posted:

samoa joe vs the necro butcher is like six years old

<1/40>

While scratching my chin, I have to say that one could perhaps rate the Funhouse match both negative infinity and infinity, and thus collapse the entire rating schemata, and consequently while shifting the paradigmatic scope of the aforementioned notion...

-c-

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

VideoWitch posted:

He got called a weenie, so he showed us what a real weenie looks like. I think collocation's won this argument hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

collocation posted:

my dude, just post the greatest hits of it or something. That's a lot of text in images