Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

VideoGames posted:

yo how come you can drink a drink but cannot food a food :mindblown:

why do they call it a oven when you ov-in the cold food, ov-out hot eat the food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1371830452638584835?s=20

There's one less Stadia exclusive.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Hello

while I'm moving stuff off my phone

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Proud of Konami for making a game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finished 13 Sentinels recently which was a big blindspot for me last year and man what a crazy story. Really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqoW7UnK9g

People should check out this extremely cool remix album that just came out and is so good (the cover art is a massive spoiler)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1XLA0z_lU

2 things:

1) Sega CD intro, best console intro tune ever.
2) How is Dark Wizard, any of y'all ever play it?

edit:

3) lmao the narrator sounds just like ProZD's evil mastermind voice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1371839118045483022

The next Game Pass update is really nice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe i will walk the Octopath...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Octopath is great if you have the right expectations. It's basically what if we tacked on FFV's job system to a SaGa game and it works well in that context. I sold my copy because I wanted a different game but I plan to pick it up the next time it goes on sale.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I honestly think the only problem I have with Octopath is the asinine way the stories play out. You really should be able to pick a character and play their story from start to finish instead of doing everyone's chapter 1, then everyone's chapter 2, then everyone's chapter 3...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s not an unusual way to tell a story

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Narita Boy had a neat demo recently, glad I can get it for my subscription. Heard good things about Supra Land, interested in Deadfire and Empire of Sin.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How long do GamePass games stick around, is it arbitrary for each game or do you know to expect the just-announced games will go away in X months?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

VideoGames posted:

I used to live in Bristol many, many years ago and there was an independent place about 30 minutes walk from me called Planet Pizza (I just checked and it is all modernised now).

I would always order the 'Plan-It Pizza' because a) you could pick your toppings and b) the wordplay.
(Haloumi, chorizo and garlic butter were what I usually went for).

I just looked it up and it looks more like a pizza express now. They also seemed to have moved to a fancier location.
Back then, though, it looked like the space jam website.

I am glad they have done well and are still operating. :)

I lived in Neasden at one point and there was a lovely greasy take out only pizza place. This was like 1998 and the pizza cost ten loving pounds. I thought it was expensive. Anyway so my dad visited and we went to a pizza restaurant, where you actually sit down and eat, somewhere in soho or somewhere like that in the west end. I remember being absolutely gobsmacked when it was less than 10 pounds per pizza. "why is the neasden shithole so expensive?" I thought. But I never found out why.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Arzaac posted:

I honestly think the only problem I have with Octopath is the asinine way the stories play out. You really should be able to pick a character and play their story from start to finish instead of doing everyone's chapter 1, then everyone's chapter 2, then everyone's chapter 3...
it would have been better yeah, i think it was a certain kind of cowardice that they didn't want to structure a game like saga frontier though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant posted:

How long do GamePass games stick around, is it arbitrary for each game or do you know to expect the just-announced games will go away in X months?

Arbitrary, they usually give a warning of about a month if a game is about to go away?

There's not a lot of churn though, I haven't been burned yet by being in the middle of a game that's about to leave.

(I never did start Astrologaster though...)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wanna say maybe Talos Principle was taken from under me, but I only had the like, 3 month deal for 5 bucks or whatever... so maybe I just lost my save when losing the service and I can't remember if I could even transfer my save to the Steam version I bought anyway.

You know I bet if Valve was publicly traded MS would've bought em by now, our saves would be in the OneSteamCloud and Half Life 4 Dead 3 would have Mr. Chief playable by now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

octopath port out of nowhere?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got a few missions into Squadrons, hit a couple of crashes, crashed on some bad hit boxes, then had enough three missions in. The gameplay was fine those issues aside but really samey

AC7 was better

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Got drum up excitement for Operation Pyramid Scheme

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

octopath port out of nowhere?
its been on pc for years

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

homeless snail posted:

its been on pc for years

How long has it been on Xbox?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm a big time jrpg liker and I found octopath to be one of the most unbelievably boring games i've played in years

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

How long has it been on Xbox?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Octopath Traveler seems fairly polarizing. It's one of those games that either grabs you completely or doesn't grab you at all, I think.

One thing I can definitely say is that its soundtrack--both the music itself and how the music is used and mixed in the game--is absolutely fantastic. And if you have Game Pass, you might as well give the game a try. It has a fairly cool battle system and a unique graphical style.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The battle system is fun and there are lots of bosses and dungeons and thats pretty much all I need

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The one thing that criticisms of Octopath have in common is that people wish that the characters' stories intertwined in some way beyond the very end, and that characters interacted during each others' stories (rather than basically just being silent party members during 8 separate solo stories).

If that's not something that's likely to bother you, you'll probably have a good time.

And again, I cannot say enough good things about how the game uses its really good soundtrack. Every character has a cool "get pumped up" theme song that plays before their bosses and transitions smoothly into the boss theme and it's always really motivating and energizing. Really cool touch.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
With the advent of Gamepass I think that game makers need to start thinking about how to grab and hold you from much earlier in the gameplay. Because I will absolutely download your 65Gb of data and delete them 10 minutes into the unskippable tedious tutorial or because the walk speed is kinda slow or whatever.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
new thread tag for when you all start posting tier lists again

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tier list

Mid tier
Top tier
Bottom tier

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
April is tier list month

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

April is tier list month

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Harrow posted:

The one thing that criticisms of Octopath have in common is that people wish that the characters' stories intertwined in some way beyond the very end, and that characters interacted during each others' stories (rather than basically just being silent party members during 8 separate solo stories).

If that's not something that's likely to bother you, you'll probably have a good time.

And again, I cannot say enough good things about how the game uses its really good soundtrack. Every character has a cool "get pumped up" theme song that plays before their bosses and transitions smoothly into the boss theme and it's always really motivating and energizing. Really cool touch.

the party members do interact! in brief, easily missable one-on-one conversations that only occur if you have the right characters in your party at specific points in a given chapter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wapril

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1371859679169581064?s=19

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

finally cardi b will get her recognition in the games forum

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
cardi b-tier

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally, the wireless application protocol and i-mode will get recognition in the games forum

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
finally fetty will get recognition in the games forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stadia rep wasn't lying. Every instance of an individual playing a videogame is functionally a new videogame, since a videogame is the synthesis of software and human interactor. Truly, no platform could recreate the experience of being someone who really bought a Stadia really playing bomberman on it, especially once people who seriously bought a stadia on purpose go extinct.