Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I will never mention Pissflaps again if you stop acting like the Scottish independence movement is on a par with ethnonationalist regimes, deal?

What a bad start to the page.

March 16th 1968: American troops do the My Lai Massacre and murder between 350 & 500 Vietnamese civilians. Only 1 US soldier was ever charged, and he only served 3.5 years house arrest

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

forkboy84 posted:

I will never mention Pissflaps again if you stop acting like the Scottish independence movement is on a par with ethnonationalist regimes, deal?
It's worse, they aren't even a different ethnicity ffs. It's hipster nationalism.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

bud, and i again i am trying honey rather than vinnegar, this is the talking about scottish independence's character thread. this is not the pissflaps thread, no matter how he tried or the rest of us apparently got bloody Stockholm syndrome'd into trying for him. i appreciate you making an olive branch but i wouldn't raise this issue publicly if it was just you, or just a few posters even - this problem is endemic.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Up the NIPs!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CoolCab posted:

bud, and i again i am trying honey rather than vinnegar, this is the talking about scottish independence's character thread. this is not the pissflaps thread, no matter how he tried or the rest of us apparently got bloody Stockholm syndrome'd into trying for him. i appreciate you making an olive branch but i wouldn't raise this issue publicly if it was just you, or just a few posters even - this problem is endemic.

When I started posting here (badly) I also got compared to PF and had to ask who he was. He’s like the boogeyman.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Would you all like to see a picture of my dog after he stole and onion thinking it was an apple?

Edit:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

LOL I knew there was no way you could give up that particular bee in your bonnet.

The idea people won't mention the byword for bad posting in UKMT as a reference point to bad posters because it makes you irked is silly, and this has only gone on as long as it has because a) I'm a bad poster who has to get the last word in and b) you can't see a mention of his name without jumping on it and letting everyone know you have reading about him. We know already.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps is a funny reference point and only comes up once a week or so.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think the truth is in the middle

pissflaps is a disease.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you've never seen pissflaps post, consider yourself lucky. He took concern trolling and sealioning to a whole new level and was infuriating in his ability to derail actual good discussions.

People act like you could just put him on ignore, but it's not like Vit P or Breath Ray where you can just not engage with them and nobody quotes them, he knew exactly how to push people's buttons and get them away from talking about anything useful.

That's not a failing of the thread, it's a sign of what a competent troll he was. And blaming it on the thread for spending pages talking about him really isn't helpful.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
There was a terrible period where he was thread banned from UKMT but not from the C-SPAM thread, terrible

Anyway motion is to enact damnatio memoriae on pissflaps, can I have a seconder please

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

tbh I found the rule that you weren't allowd to mention pissflaps almost as annoying as pissflaps.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

stev posted:

Pissflaps is a funny reference point and only comes up once a week or so.

literally nothing was or ever will be funny about pissflaps until the day he electrocutes himself to death with his sex robot

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We don't have sex robots in the north we have greggs pasties.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

OwlFancier posted:

We don't have sex robots in the north we have greggs pasties.

marginally higher risk of getting your bellend burnt but less of getting it stuck in a servo. a complex trade, for sure.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

MikeCrotch posted:

There was a terrible period where he was thread banned from UKMT but not from the C-SPAM thread, terrible

Anyway motion is to enact damnatio memoriae on pissflaps, can I have a seconder please

You know the motion will fail 52/48.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Are we allowed to mention actual forum user Lord Andrew Adonis, the real Lord Adonis, who was banned for demanding a fight in a Tesco car park, presumably over HS2?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

josh04 posted:

Are we allowed to mention actual forum user Lord Andrew Adonis, the real Lord Adonis, who was banned for demanding a fight in a Tesco car park, presumably over HS2?

that guy should be unbanned

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh wow I actually forgot about car park guy.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

The idea people won't mention the byword for bad posting in UKMT as a reference point to bad posters because it makes you irked is silly, and this has only gone on as long as it has because a) I'm a bad poster who has to get the last word in and b) you can't see a mention of his name without jumping on it and letting everyone know you have reading about him. We know already.

i've literally, literally never raised this, once, in the year and a half it's been going on. what are you on about.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Segregationist car park guy.

The white zone is for short stay and fighting only.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

josh04 posted:

you mean data from star trek

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Yeaahhh I remember vaguely now, was convinced that we needed to start splitting everyone up to avert the rahowa or something, and started offering to fight people in the car park when they said that sounded a lot like apartheid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MikeCrotch posted:

you mean data from the bell curve appendix

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I oppose a moratorium on Flapschat because then we would hinder our ability to recall his hilarious downfall and permabanning.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure there has ever been such a sense of forum wide unity honestly.

We should find more people to try in forums court, for fun.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I don't know if I could even bring myself to vote Labour to "keep the tories out" these days. It almost feels like tacit approval and at least write in candidate, "none of these bastards" has a measure of catharsis.

Absolutely do not vote Labour.

We lose nothing by the Tories winning at this point in time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CoolCab posted:

i've literally, literally never raised this, once, in the year and a half it's been going on. what are you on about.

In that case I apologise. Must have confused you with someone else. Possibly Twisto? (Sorry if I'm wrong Twisto) My memory is garbage except for completely irrelevant nonsense that no one needs to remember.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

CoolCab posted:

some prick is on twitter is not news, neither is some twitter user being a danger - no one is being protected here in any meaningful sense, certainly not by vapid comparisons to a long permaed poster. and in fact i am informed as i tragically have constantly been that he's banned from twitter, soon i'll be hearing about his alts on twitter - christ. write an SAclopedia entry like the other trillion weirdos have had and can we please collectively move on.

As someone who is probably on his target list I beg to loving differ that it isn't helpful warning people that someone is targeting trans women while pretending to be a known ally.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
To Pissflaps who is reading this thread; please get help with your personal obsession with trans women, because the end result is you inevitably harming a trans person or someone you think is trans.

You are not well and you need to access help before you hurt either yourself or someone else

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For those who miss jbrere he's still regularly posting in the cspam discord, I can offer him an invite to the UKMT one if you'd like?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1371871329960484867?s=19

Lmao

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

In that case I apologise. Must have confused you with someone else. Possibly Twisto? (Sorry if I'm wrong Twisto) My memory is garbage except for completely irrelevant nonsense that no one needs to remember.

oh, fair enough. yeah my preferred solution is generally to not engage with it - bad posting is bad on it's own merit and generally it burns itself out. it's been a loving year and a half already, even if it was once a week (i think someone is being extremely generous with that assessment) i am so, so tired of the "pissflaps" catchphrase.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure there has ever been such a sense of forum wide unity honestly.

We should find more people to try in forums court, for fun.

alright, on that topic, here's the other thing i wrote on it this week

quote:

allow me to tell a story about this thread.

not that long ago a regular in here posted something in another thread that they were banned for. the post in question included a phrase that, it turns out, had a racial connotation. when the poster came back here they were repeatedly attacked for this horrific, racist attack – that we couldn’t possibly allow such a vile bigot in our thread. it escalated, and escalated and escalated – the poster in question obviously reacted to being called a racist with panicked denials of knowing anything about this racial connotation thus proving conclusively how they actually were a racist troll and their behaviour had been in bad faith the entire time. posters came out of the woodwork to loudly decry racism and the poster in question including lots of very compelling catchphrases and statements about how racism is intolerable (and, implicitly, as such the poster in question is intolerable).

at the time this all came as a pretty significant surprise to me as I also had absolutely no idea the phrase in question had a racial connotation, given it turned up in pop culture with absolutely no implied connotation whatsoever – in fact, after researching it a bit it turns out the specific racial connotation is regional and the poster, like myself, genuinely could have no understanding that they were doing something wrong. and dogpiling on them for this mistake had clearly caused them distress and lead to the panicked behaviour that supposedly proved they were another pissflaps. I contacted the relevant mod and went to bat for this other poster – something I haven’t done before or since – because this thread had catastrophically failed to behave in a comradely fashion to an innocent mistake. had I not this person would have been banned, maybe even threadbanned.

and hey you want to know the real punchline? after all of this happened, after this poster had been repeatedly painted as an ignorant bigot, two of the posters who had most whipped up the thread to take action also admitted they originally had no idea that the phrase had a racial connotation! which makes sense given it wasn’t from our region but hey - they saw a mistake that they themselves could have easily made and went “clearly, this person is utter garbage and it is my responsibility to cast them out” which I have personally always found illuminating as far as goon psychology goes. and without calling anyone specifically out, I can observe that the same people could be making the same mistakes to this day.

I ain’t going to bat for any particular poster specifically – really, genuinely, and sincerely, but if you wanna know why I will always, always be suspicious of these efforts there it is.

and that's this thread! only surpassing our self contradiction with our self loathing. but we feel like we're together when we punish ourselves for it. i think about this story when i interact with this thread a lot.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

haha Lord Adonis

CoolCab posted:

alright, on that topic, here's the other thing i wrote on it this week

and that's this thread! only surpassing our self contradiction with our self loathing. but we feel like we're together when we punish ourselves for it. i think about this story when i interact with this thread a lot.

Oh god :(

The only thing that that pissed me off about that who debacle is the mod who put the racism accusation into my rapsheet.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 16, 2021

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

josh04 posted:

they wrote a really long manifesto about how races should be kept separate for the good of humanity if my memory serves

and it was my local lidl actually

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

DesperateDan posted:

they wrote a really long manifesto about how races should be kept separate for the good of humanity if my memory serves

and it was my local lidl actually

Well, a lot of black and brown-skinned people probably would be better off if whitey hadn't come along. But that's probably not what they meant.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Well, a lot of black and brown-skinned people probably would be better off if whitey hadn't come along. But that's probably not what they meant.

They claimed to have autism and from their unique posting tone I believe it. It was a bit sad really. I hope he's doing better.

edit: To clarify I meant they were kinda weird about everything, not just race relations. I don't think he understood why everyone was aghast at his 'solution'.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 16, 2021

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The real Lord Adonis got merked by Guts in the Golden Age arc about 4 seconds after his dad :colbert:

MikeCrotch posted:

Second. The guy obviously still reads the thread (hi, get a hobby), is a massive egotist who loves people talking about him, & imo probably deliberately harasses trans women because he knows it'll get people talking about him itt,* so I think we should really just not. He'll escalate for a while to try and get a rise out of us but as long as it doesn't work he'll find an audience elsewhere.

Obvious exception if he's literally impersonating you & people need to be told though :wtc:

*I am aware of the double-irony of posting about not posting about flaps whilst also simultaneously calling him an egotist & saying it's about us (he also does this because he's a rabid transphobe). Irony doesn't mean I'm not right, "attention at any cost" is his usual MO

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Ban posting about posting about piss flaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im not sure if it was flaps who gave me this flag but it was just before he ate poo poo and everyone voted to get rid of the loser so i like it now

e: dunno why i have a joe tag but okay. open biden.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 16, 2021