Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Pierce is definitely a stupidly broken stat. If you've got a choice between the extra crafted green/red star all attack or a blue star with cold resist, I'd go with the blue star. The base stats of my cards are pretty mediocre and before the crafting system I felt like I hit a road block if I didn't want to whale out for P-Cards, but getting incredibly lucky with Pierce has put me in a place to where I'm pretty sure I can do high stages of Knull more comfortably than cynicalex and his cards are super whale cards, but he hasn't crafted on them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

hup posted:

Where are my sitcom era WandaVision uniforms goddammit

This is 100% why I came back to this game after years. I wanted black and white Wanda.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Hopefully WandaVision will be next month's update to avoid spoilers on whichever other characters end up being in the show or something? At least we're getting Gambit awakening so probably some other random mutants too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Of course I craft a card and get a second red star, drat you RNG!

It's completely random for all six stars for every card right? Want to make sure I'm not loving myself in any way. I'm probably a week away from having the 600 tokens for the premium card chest, that will make things interesting.

Finding that getting as many Shadowlands chests is maybe my best path for picking up 6 star cards. It's still going to be a slog to get even just one card fully crafted, but it's at least progress. My Carnage seems to be close to having enough damage for Knull but it really needs to be a magical run and I still haven't pulled it off yet. Rider is just way too low on damage and I'm almost regretting not dumping the resources into Odin, starting to realize it might be a long long long time before I have another CTP of Rage.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Dave posted:

Of course I craft a card and get a second red star, drat you RNG!

It's completely random for all six stars for every card right? Want to make sure I'm not loving myself in any way. I'm probably a week away from having the 600 tokens for the premium card chest, that will make things interesting.

Finding that getting as many Shadowlands chests is maybe my best path for picking up 6 star cards. It's still going to be a slog to get even just one card fully crafted, but it's at least progress. My Carnage seems to be close to having enough damage for Knull but it really needs to be a magical run and I still haven't pulled it off yet. Rider is just way too low on damage and I'm almost regretting not dumping the resources into Odin, starting to realize it might be a long long long time before I have another CTP of Rage.

Yeah it's completely random for every card. Some reddit nerds did the math on probabilities for card crafting if you want to take a look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/kw9p0y/the_odds_of_getting_pierce_from_a_single_card/
https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/kxbqna/i_virtually_crafted_a_million_cards_to_bring_you/

Are you capped on Ghost Rider's Crit Rate/Dodge/Cooldown? It takes a bit to get used to his playstyle, but his damage shouldn't be low if your Carnage is almost there. Stage 1 is definitely rough with the blade twister stunning though, and Carnage is probably better at not getting messed up by them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For those three I have 75%/43%/50% which seems okay? I might just have to read up more on his rotation too.

Edit: Oh wow I just randomly got the Loki premium card from a WBU chest. I don't think it actually provides any better stats then what I have equipped though.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'm not exactly sure how much extra damage Rage gives you for Dodge, but that might be the reason he's not performing as well as he should for you. The Rage needs to be rolled to increase .9% damage per 1% of Dodge Rate and Critical Rate too if yours is sitting at .7% or something.

If it's Loki #1 with him holding Mjolnir, I'd hold onto that to reroll your card when you get 6 stars if you end up not getting any Pierce. Loki #2 with Thor/Loki on the cover is good but not one of the best, and it's one of the cards I use.

Ghost Rider's rotation requires a lot of delayed canceling, with the t3 being cancelable before those big chains actually appear on your screen. I start with 5dc when the fireball appears, 4dc when he goes up into the air, 3 for its full animation, 2c1c (depending on your attack speed and current cooldowns, they're mostly to fill time til 5 is back up and to fill the t3 meter. I let 2 play out as much as I can, but I'll always cancel it in favor of 5). 5dc again, 6dc after half a sec, 4dc2 because 3 won't be up. Your damage against Knull should be pretty solid for a while after your t3 because it gives 100% ignore Dodge for 10 seconds. If my CTP procs right after that initial 5, I usually go into 3 instead of 4 because my attack speed isn't high enough to get through 3 before the proc goes away if I do 4 first.

Edit: Think I was waiting a bit too long on canceling Ghost Rider's t3 and it's more like half a sec.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 4, 2021

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Looks like we're getting Nightcrawler Uni/Awakening in the update and Rogue/X-23 Uni's for the mid month with most likely Rogue getting a t3. They also mentioned something about unlocking Deadpool's new uni's, and I'm not sure if that means we won't need to spend crystals or if they just used weird phrasing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Looks like we're getting AN Wolverine too.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Looks like the new Deadpool uni might be a hard pass for me. It's not much of an upgrade from Holiday Lady Deadpool for PvE and may actually be worse, but probably pretty solid in PvP with his new heal. Definitely buying up the Cable one since I was still using his X-Force uni.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 9, 2021

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Any guilds I can apply to with a new account?

Also, is there a guide to agent bonuses? I just want to be sure I don't spend all my points on something useless

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

throw it all into gold first because gold is a constant bottleneck that rears its ugly head just when you think you've saved up a good amount, so any extra gold you can get helps. After that I personally put it into item acquisition chance. Exp is probably the worst one, and the all attack is +1% when capped and not worth it imo. Max HP is only worth it if you're a hardcore pvp player and pvp in this game is real bad

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I worked Item Acquisition to 100% and now gold.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

tadashi posted:

Any guilds I can apply to with a new account?

Also, is there a guide to agent bonuses? I just want to be sure I don't spend all my points on something useless

Doctor Goons has room

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons has room

Post your in game name or Pm me so I don’t accidentally delete your application. (We get a lot of random pubbie applications. )

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

So I haven't upgraded Sentry's gears from 20 to 25 yet, but I have to say he's pretty underwhelming for me so far against Knull. Apparently he's really good with a Mighty CTP of Energy but I'm far off from having spare CTP's of Energy to throw into that kind of system. At the very least he still demolishes timeline without a ctp of regen so I can safely just auto that awful crap and not have to worry about it.

Knull on the other hand with a regular ctp of energy is doing pretty great and I haven't upgraded his gears yet either.

Looking at t3 Rogue with a PvE build she can beat Sentry and Silver Surfer pretty easily played manually at least. Universal Jean kicks her rear end though because all Rogue's damage is elemental now. It looks like overall she's decent in PvE but not anything amazing, but it's still kinda early so maybe she'll end up being a bit better?

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 23, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know the Cable suit is the best uni from this current set of updates, but i gotta have that AN Wolverine costume for Laura.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Laura wolverine is at least the best Wolverine now. I think she's better than Nightcrawler too. I saw someone do a comparison of her and moonknight against knull and she was 2 minutes slower for them, but I don't know how differently they were built.

I definitely bought her uni despite not having a use for her beyond shadowland

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Leaning towards that Rogue, but hoping to hear more about it before burning crystals. I'm almost halfway to Rich Rider.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I watched some cynicalex stuff and Rogue is looking amazingly good for WBU and might be the only physical character that can beat Ebony Maw, but that might also be only doable with Rage's effect. I think that means she can beat every world boss. She's not quite as good against Knull as Cable is, but I asked Alex how he would compare Rogue to Carnage and he said she's better so she's about that level of strong. I still might t3 her over Cable because I have a Judgment and she's one of the rare strong speed types. Having someone else I can use in timeline whenever Sentry or Jean gets banned for me is pretty nice too.

Forgot that if I put a ctp of judgment on her, she'd be able to fight Jean better in timeline as an added bonus because of the proc reducing elemental resist by 30%

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 24, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alright got Murmansk, Kirov and Tallin.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

drat, missed an event quest purchase. I like that they added the red warnings on the main screen but I wish they'd only be there the day before. I got used to ignoring them because I'd squint to read and see there are days left.

Anyone try T3 Rogue yet? I've almost got enough CCF for Odin but I'm way behind on titan component packs since I've been working up so many people to 4x25.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm debating now that i got off my rear end and unlocked squad battle if i should enhance rather than t3ing people for now, it's a lot cheaper on the CFF front.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It feels like a mix. Some transcended people like Mystique and Beta Ray are definitely better than most T3s. Some not so much. So T3 and Transcended feel like they're kind of stabilizing to me as equal.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also it's fewer CCFs, but Mandalays don't grow on trees either so it's a bit of a balancing act.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Moonstone is the fastest Knull clearer that I have and Gambit looks like a beast, too. Awakening is totally worth it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I am depleted of CCF after working Sentry up, so no. TCP is also becoming a problem for me, too. Plus BAM. So, like, everything I need.

Rogue is ready to T3 once I get the materials.

My T3 Queue is as such:

Wanda (assuming an eventual WandaVision uni)
Odin (don't have the uni yet)
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Apocalypse
Wolverine
Magneto
Storm
Professor X
Rogue
Loki
Spider-Man
Ghost Rider (gears in mid-20s)
Cable (gear still at 22, not getting the uni because Young Cable is dumb)

Still building:
Dormammu (Lvl 66)
Black Bolt (Lvl 66)
Iron Man (Lvl 66)
Winter Soldier (Lvl 64)
Ant-Man (63)
Carnage (62)
Venom (Anti-Venom) (62)
Molecule Man (3* Lv 45)
Crescent (T1 Lvl 60)

Haven't beaten Knull yet to even think about him.

I've Awakened Bill, Cho, Mystique, Red Guardian, Doc Ock, and I've got Moonstone waiting for enough mats to get her gear to 25 to Transcend. Moon Knight and Medusa are next after that, still building.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dear Netmarble,

Please stop making me do Danger Room as part of an event or daily, it is bad and not fun and takes too long.

Signed me.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Dear Netmarble,

Please stop making me do Danger Room as part of an event or daily, it is bad and not fun and takes too long.

Signed me.

Can I cosign and add eliminating World Boss Invasions that require use of at least one co-op skill?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Atleast extreme goes by pretty quickly (normally).

I got Moon Knight and Cable costumes today so I'm happy. I'm actually ready to craft the last star on a card but need like 1500 card crafting whatever the hell they're card, didn't realize I needed to farm GBR so much.

Those gold boxes in the current sale were huge for picking up some five and six star cards though.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

quote != edit

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

No WandaVision, but something I definitely wasn't expecting.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1368758377422192640?s=20

Jessica Jones hopefully means a Defenders update. She was the first character I played in this game early on, and my decision to focus on her is finally paying off!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was really hoping for (Wandavision spoilers) scarlet witch and white vision costumes.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Dave posted:

I was really hoping for (Wandavision spoilers) scarlet witch and white vision costumes.

Same. I also really wanted Monica and Agatha. I don't think Koreans can watch WandaVision legally so I'm not too surprised, just disappointed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm definitely very disappointed no WandaVision update. Seemed like the right combination of new characters and new costumes. But I am comforted that Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and the rest of the Defenders might be finally getting the bump.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Doctor Goons has two applications pending. Are these goon accounts? Post or PM me if this is you.

Nigel Billingsly

Kushutheworibale

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Was able to get 2% pierce on a card yesterday, gave me the boost to beat Knull for the first time. Happy day in my MFF world.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Good poo poo! Beating up that goth baby is a pretty satisfying experience. Building up pierce and my roster to progress further against Knull has honestly been keeping me playing MFF longer than I usually do before getting burned out. Fun thing I just learned if you have Daisy Johnson/Quake at t2, her short-haired modern uni makes her an ignore dodge striker. It's one of those unis that costs gold so it's not much of an investment besides the t2 mats if she's still at t1.

Also the sneak peak makes it look like Luke Cage and Iron Fist aren't going to get the Elsa/Sif/Silk treatment thankfully.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1369120757419184129?s=20

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 9, 2021

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I kinda hope Ikaris isn't a native t3 because my resources can't handle that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
HELLCAT CAN GET TO LEVEL 70! AND GETS AN AWAKENED SKILL OF SOME SORT!

Plus some other stuff, I guess