Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

absolute sicko poo poo, imagine writing this many words about college squeakyshoesball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

shut the gently caress up about college basketball holy poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can't wait to play the new D2

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Basketball could be played on ice

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Well I got my knockout punch today. Had a sleep study scheduled for next week, went and looked at my insurance website and it's $700 out of pocket.

On top of the $800 we owe the federal government for being on an Obamacare plan while I was unemployed.

And a couple hundred bucks back to the state of Florida because UI actually overpaid us.

So, I had a sleep study scheduled for next week. Now I have nothing. Not even an ounce of fight left. I'm just done.

I'm never gonna get a good night's sleep, but at least there's always the chance I won't wake up at all.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

Well I got my knockout punch today. Had a sleep study scheduled for next week, went and looked at my insurance website and it's $700 out of pocket.

On top of the $800 we owe the federal government for being on an Obamacare plan while I was unemployed.

And a couple hundred bucks back to the state of Florida because UI actually overpaid us.

So, I had a sleep study scheduled for next week. Now I have nothing. Not even an ounce of fight left. I'm just done.

I'm never gonna get a good night's sleep, but at least there's always the chance I won't wake up at all.

https://twitter.com/NoContextTrek/status/1371883822430699524?s=19

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

you always see in movies that people in critical condition, they're always "fighters" and even when they don't survive the doctor comes out all somber like "well they put up an incredibly strong fight, but we couldn't save them, i'm sorry" the doctor would come out of my room like "your boy didn't even try, he just straight up died"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

but, my back finally being completely broken has freed me from the pressure of feeling like something's gotta give, because, it just did, and i've decided to refocus my professional efforts through spite.

i just applied for a job at my company's biggest competitor, who is straight up telling our clients that we don't know what we're doing (we don't), doing exactly the thing that my current company refuses to let me do that would actually make us competent at the thing we're being (rightfully) accused of

i do not want our competitor to do well in that i don't WANT any company to do well in capitalist america, but i will gladly throw my lot in with this one to injure the one i'm working for now

i wil loving bury them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

basically, i'm gonna career-ify being the guy from dark forces 2 jedi knight who was keeping himself alive on spite and the force, but with spite and weed

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thump! posted:

they were killing it with their hit music and had to upgrade to killing people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-qQ6fXevo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToReX88lzkk

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

but, my back finally being completely broken has freed me from the pressure of feeling like something's gotta give, because, it just did, and i've decided to refocus my professional efforts through spite.

i just applied for a job at my company's biggest competitor, who is straight up telling our clients that we don't know what we're doing (we don't), doing exactly the thing that my current company refuses to let me do that would actually make us competent at the thing we're being (rightfully) accused of

i do not want our competitor to do well in that i don't WANT any company to do well in capitalist america, but i will gladly throw my lot in with this one to injure the one i'm working for now

i wil loving bury them

Lib and let die posted:

basically, i'm gonna career-ify being the guy from dark forces 2 jedi knight who was keeping himself alive on spite and the force, but with spite and weed

This is the spirit

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Lib and let die posted:

i wil loving bury them

Send me a copy of your manifesto in the mail

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This would rule

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1371985896262791169?s=19

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

yeah I’d actually watch this unironically

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

You fucker, I was excited then I saw who wrote that article.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It would never happen. Executive Producer Dick Wolf is mega pro cop and says he made Law and Order because he was sick of anti-cop shows like Matlock and Perry Mason

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Mar 17, 2021

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah law and order is mega copaganda

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My favorite is criminal minds.

"Well obviously he's lawyering up 'cause he's guilty"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

You fucker, I was excited then I saw who wrote that article.

It would be so good, I can't stop thinking about it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Lib and let die posted:

"your boy didn't even try, he just straight up died"

Lmao this would be me. Sorry man, sounds like youre dealing with some poo poo. It always works out though.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gently caress it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

i'm high as hell and drunk thinking of so many possibilities in my future so dont listen to me

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I gotta go back to school

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't wait to play the new D2

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol @ NBC trying to keep the L&O franchise going; they still got like two series on order.

e: one is airing next month...

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I only watched SVU. It's always the same poo poo

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

people eat that poo poo up though

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Buddykins posted:

I gotta go back to school

i would like to go back and get a 2nd degree, in social work. that would be nice

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Buddykins posted:

They really do.

I remember friends and I making fun of how terrible SVU was before class in the early aughts...

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i would like to go back and get a 2nd degree, in social work. that would be nice

it seems almost impossible to do so while getting older, at least to me.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the sith were more relatable than the jedi

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Buddykins posted:

SVU is good background noise but the last couple times i watched newer episodes the intro rape scenes were getting really graphic so i stopped watching

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Criminal Intent was the best Law and Order

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Bones is the most absurd because every episode is the Bones crew swanning around breaking people's rights and generally failing to get evidence that would secure a conviction, only for the problem to solve itself at the end when the accused conveniently confesses

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
The deification of first responders in Dick Wolf shows is very strange - everyone who isn't a cop, fireman or EMT is simultaneously a helpless innocent awaiting to be saved by these godlike figures while also being traitorous ungratefuls who don't show enough deference and cannot be trusted by the elite

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MikeCrotch posted:

The deification of first responders in Dick Wolf shows is very strange - everyone who isn't a cop, fireman or EMT is simultaneously a helpless innocent awaiting to be saved by these godlike figures while also being traitorous ungratefuls who don't show enough deference and cannot be trusted by the elite

You must be new to copaganda

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Has another seizure today, at least I didn't destroy my shoulder this time.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

Has another seizure today, at least I didn't destroy my shoulder this time.

This loving sucks man. I have temporal lobe seizures from time to time and I just want them to be unambiguously gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah I dunno what kind of seizure it was, my wife heard what sounded like me laughing and found me with my legs wedged under my desk and my arms straight out in front of me and I'd knocked my coffee and my bong over.

One second I was texting with my mom, the next second I was waking up in a hospital bed. I have no recollection of any of it. I'm started on Kepra now and have some follow up appointments with some more doctors to set up.

It's entirely possible that it was brought on by unchecked anxiety which I have in spades.

E: it sounds like it was a generalized onset tonic absence seizure based on the latest from epilepsy.com

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 02:31 on Mar 18, 2021