Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that reminds me

where's my loving weed decriminalization Joe?

it's nowhere near as good as legalization but switching the schedule change could be done overnight

e: shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's high time we weeded out all the succ

edit: gently caress

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Excelzior posted:

that reminds me

it's nowhere near as good as legalization but switching the schedule change could be done overnight

im sorry but joe biden is ideologically opposed to weed decriminalization

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
2 years ago I was yelling at chuds because they didn't want to use the words "concentration camp" despite it accurately describing the US's immigration policy
today I am yelling at libs because they don't want to use the words "concentration camp" despite it accurately describing the US's immigration policy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

that reminds me

Joe literally still thinks weed fucks you up worse than crack

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

2 years ago I was yelling at chuds because they didn't want to use the words "concentration camp" despite it accurately describing the US's immigration policy
today I am yelling at libs because they don't want to use the words "concentration camp" despite it accurately describing the US's immigration policy

The libs are always just a few years behind the chuds. Like clockwork.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Joe can eat the poo poo right out of my crack then

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

look hunter uses crack and he’s just an outstanding boy! the devils lettuce tho, that was cornpop’s favorite

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

moderates, centrists, neoliberals, etc. are intensely ideological. Ideology oozes from their every pore and guides their every decision.

There is no more hardened zealot than a technocrat.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

the NYT ran this column, and it's not RT and therefore it cannot be wrong:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/opinion/trump-migrants-camps.html

jesus christ this world that has such people in it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Now that Biden is in charge the rabid psycho nazis at ICE/CBP/homeland security are now trying to rehome each and every prisoner in these camps like they're loving rescue dogs and if you don't believe that then you're a doomer tankie who wants the Republicans to win.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

What's funnier:

A) Libs instantly deleting the word "concentration camp" from their brainmeat because Orange Man Bad, Blue Man Good
B) Libs never actually believed the concentration camps on the border were that in the first place and were just saying it so that Blue Man would win

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

less than three months from now psaki is going to showing pictures from our thiessenstadt

These brand new temporary neighborhood housing districts are very luxurious and accommodating. As such, they can be quite expensive so we have decided that the children should take their own share of responsibility and pitch in a hand with creating better accommodations for themselves. It pleases us immensely that so many have taken up tools to improve their own living situations; a lesson that many Americans could learn from indeed.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The urge to touch the poop on this one is almost overwhelming.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Oldest Man posted:

What's funnier:

A) Libs instantly deleting the word "concentration camp" from their brainmeat because Orange Man Bad, Blue Man Good
B) Libs never actually believed the concentration camps on the border were that in the first place and were just saying it so that Blue Man would win

a by far. B is just cynical politics and not interesting

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

What's funnier:

Much like Me Too, it's B for most of them. They don't give a poo poo about little people suffering.

e: misread post, B is definitely not funnier lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

please the correct term is Kindererziehungslager

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's very clear that this is all Majorian's fault.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Oldest Man posted:

What's funnier:

A because B is just the actual truth of how 90% of these spineless worms think about minorities

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

there's NOTHING worse than a moderator with a bias, man.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol this is old af but its so incredible
https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1285204329356394496?s=20

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

sexpig by night posted:

What? He had a pretty explicit and coherent immigration plan. It was one of the few parts of his platform that never changed in the two years he was campaigning.

He said he supported a pause of all deportations in 2019 and in 2021 he issued an executive order to pause all deportations.

They processed and released 97% of the people held by Trump during asylum claims for years in 45 days.

There is a 17-point list of priorities the campaign released and 11 of them are done already, 3 were done but are being held up by court rulings, and 3 are not done.

I think the main argument is that they are moving too slowly and that they weren't prepared for the massive increase of new people coming; not that they have never articulated one.

He's not wrong.

sexpig by night posted:

Local scientists in Nebraska have some new research on the issue.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1370450218441973772

Leon Trotsky 2012 has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Mar 16, 2021

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

genocide naturally makes people think of the Armenian Question, please refer it as Trump's Systemic Extermination

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
migrant camps at the border

what an absolute stain on humanity.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
There is also no immediate answer to this, as vaccines will circulate throughout the first world and the global south will suffer from deadlier and more contagious variants. Think of entire families where the head of the house hold dies from Covid or one of its many long suffering symptoms. It is also a thing a situation the industrialized world wants, as it means less climate refugees.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Nothus posted:

The urge to touch the poop on this one is almost overwhelming.

https://twitter.com/ColleenHenley/status/1323102105960239105/photo/1

there is no possible way to improve on that level of perfection.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
those children have been accused of malarky. they deserve to be there

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He's not wrong.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-administration-deports-hundreds-482889ed56ed3cd02c9c61ebd1e3fbb7

judge undid the deportation ban and the biden admin didnt even lift a finger to stop it

hundreds have been deported in the admin's short tenure, concentration camps are running at beyond max capacity

Biden's words are utterly hollow and you'd have to be a willful idiot to believe them at this point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

quote:

Concentration camps at the border? Who cares!

quote:

When you're in the voting booth on November 4th 2020, and you're looking at a ballot that has Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Jill Stein, and "JOHN" "MICHAEL" "FREE MAN OF THE LAND", there are a limited number of choices available to you. That is why I compared it to the Trolley Problem.

You can say, "the Democrats shouldn't put up Hillary Clinton" and I'll agree with you. You can say, "Trump should be impeached and in jail" and I'll agree with you. That doesn't change the fact that the only moral decision you can make is pulling the lever for lesser evil, because doing nothing, voting third party, or voting for Donald Trump are all actions that directly contribute to ther possibility of four more years of children concentration camps, violating the Geneva Convention on Refugees, and the slide into fascism.

Not pulling the lever kills 5 people. Pulling the lever kills one. Get outta here with your Kantian maxims and pull the lever.

Oh, also, voting is the most effective activity available to you on election day.

quote:

Would you vote for Hillary Clinton to prevent children concentration camps.

quote:

Well, we hit the "our food is poisonous" era in the GOP Trump admin months ago, now we've arrived at the "well what is a concentration camp REALLY?" stage. Quite interesting. Happened quicker than I thought.

here's a fun game. find someone whining about using the term concentration camps and then throw their username and the word concentration into search. to the credit of a handful, they have always been complaining about using the term but for others....lol

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lol ICE loving deported a planeload of kids to Haiti before t he judge even overturned the ban and Biden didn't do poo poo

He loving endorses it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lol permabanned for telling the truth

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

please stop harassing the ultrasucc by pointing out their many moral and ethical failures

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Excelzior posted:

please stop harassing the ultrasucc by pointing out their many moral and ethical failures

Give the mods time to act.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shipon posted:

lol permabanned for telling the truth

if you follow the quote back, he uhh was permabanned for massive racism that the contextless quote hides

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cornpop Camps

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cornpop Camps

well, there ARE chains involved..

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
"I don't believe in student debt cancellation of $50,000. I believe in cancelling $10,000."

*doesn't do that either*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is this really a callout to "step outside" into another thread?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

https://apnews.com/article/biden-administration-deports-hundreds-482889ed56ed3cd02c9c61ebd1e3fbb7

judge undid the deportation ban and the biden admin didnt even lift a finger to stop it

They are in court against Texas for it right now and the ACLU is filing amicus briefs with the DOJ.

quote:

On his first day in office, Biden's Department of Homeland Security ordered a 100-day freeze on deportations of nearly all undocumented immigrants while the administration undertook a review of Trump’s policies. Biden’s then-acting Homeland Security secretary, David Pekoske, said the pause on removals aimed “to ensure we have a fair and effective immigration enforcement system focused on protecting national security, border security, and public safety.”

Two days later, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) sued on the grounds that Biden’s move would “cause Texas immediate and irreparable harm” if not blocked.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which is backing Biden in the lawsuit, said the administration’s move was a lawful application of the kind of executive discretion that presidents have long used to tailor their immigration programs.

There's tons of things to get on him about, but they are literally doing one of the things that you claim they aren't doing.

The more damning things are the very slow rollout of new rules for CBP/ICE. They are removing them from ICE/CBP custody after less than 72 hours, but that is more of a bandaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

I called it