Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

nut posted:

I’ve only read about his hypnosis guide in snippets quoted elsewhere, probably the same quotes that inspired your question, I’m guessing

I was expecting his Wikipedia page to contain a bunch of criticism and general debunking stuff but instead it's extremely sparse. I also can't find much beyond the quotes although admittedly I haven't really tried at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

nut posted:

Joseph Hamilton eschewed all safety practices (never wore ppe around cyclotrons, never wore gloves while handling, drank radioactive samples in his class) and overtly pushed for the tainting of public water supplies for mass human experimentation in radiation testing--he also went on to die at 50 from radiation-induced leukemia.

Well, he just sounds like a twat.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Zodium posted:

yeah, thanks for turning me into the freaking comedian.

it's only off topic if you think it's all just a wild coincidence that *deep breath* the topology of the anglo scientific belief network developed into a rhizome of the 'natural sciences' coupled to a social science sphere, which, also coincidentally, got shotgun blasted into a donut with a giant hole where material conditions should have been. as opposed to a merely historically coincident, material function of the post-ww2 social science funding environment, fed by the nascent mic responding to the soviets and chinese challenging western capital's unfettered ascent to global hegemony, ultimately leading to the present situation where scientists are forced to choose between the adopting the axiom of individualism, situating their theory in the mic machinery, or largely foregoing funding and institutional support for their research.

yea that’s some good poo poo and you see this same sort of paradigm supported everywhere in the very fabric of reality created by the west and you see it’s acceleration in transhumanisn or whatever it is now leaking into popular thought still with poo poo like Musk and other idiot futurists. like I was in an argument with a friend over some insanely cutting edge cancer research or something someone was supporting and he was aghast why I thought it was an enormous waste of money whose entire purpose is to just create fictitious capital for speculation and maybe have like a 1% chance to cure cancer for wealthy people in like 50 years.
whereas if those resources would instead be invested in improving the very basic material conditions of people it would save many many more lives from cancer.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Danger posted:

yea that’s some good poo poo and you see this same sort of paradigm supported everywhere in the very fabric of reality created by the west and you see it’s acceleration in transhumanisn or whatever it is now leaking into popular thought still with poo poo like Musk and other idiot futurists. like I was in an argument with a friend over some insanely cutting edge cancer research or something someone was supporting and he was aghast why I thought it was an enormous waste of money whose entire purpose is to just create fictitious capital for speculation and maybe have like a 1% chance to cure cancer for wealthy people in like 50 years.
whereas if those resources would instead be invested in improving the very basic material conditions of people it would save many many more lives from cancer.

the lib brain is so attached to the notion of Cutting Edge World Changing research that they fail to understand that basic systematic interventions can accomplish more for less money

but I guess funding asbestos removal in old buildings is less exciting than CRISPRing mice to teach them to breakdance or whatever

Zodium posted:

it's only off topic if you think it's all just a wild coincidence that *deep breath* the topology of the anglo scientific belief network developed into a rhizome of the 'natural sciences' coupled to a social science sphere, which, also coincidentally, got shotgun blasted into a donut with a giant hole where material conditions should have been. as opposed to a merely historically coincident, material function of the post-ww2 social science funding environment, fed by the nascent mic responding to the soviets and chinese challenging western capital's unfettered ascent to global hegemony, ultimately leading to the present situation where scientists are forced to choose between the adopting the axiom of individualism, situating their theory in the mic machinery, or largely foregoing funding and institutional support for their research.

i recently crack pinged pretty hard when I realized the possibility of applying ecological / superorganism analysis to people. Do you know of any good stuff to read in that area? Besides, like, literally all Marxist writers I guess.

animist has issued a correction as of 15:39 on Mar 16, 2021

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

Marzzle posted:

if it makes u feel any better drone operators have like, a higher rate of PTSD than a lot of combat exposed jobs in the military

Since this is now The Book Thread, A Theory of the Drone is an interesting read about the philosophy and ethics of drone warfare that touches on this.

The first section of the book covers a bit of history and discusses the impacts of drone use. This is followed by a relatively philosophical discussion of what warfare means to society and whether drones fit into that philosophical framework. The third section covers the ethics of drones and mostly challenges the idea that they are a "humane" weapon. The book then moves back into the legal framework of war and policing and makes the point that drones don't fit into either of those. It ends by discussing the political implications of being able to wage war without risking humans and why that's concerning.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

animist posted:

the lib brain is so attached to the notion of Cutting Edge World Changing research that they fail to understand that basic systematic interventions can accomplish more for less money

but I guess funding asbestos removal in old buildings is less exciting than CRISPRing mice to teach them to breakdance or whatever

i recently crack pinged pretty hard when I realized the possibility of applying ecological / superorganism analysis to people. Do you know of any good stuff to read in that area? Besides, like, literally all Marxist writers I guess.

it's a shame that we also feel like we have to barter in an either/or sense and that both approaches can't exist together (they could). Though I totally agree that sensationalism in science is a burden on the process. There's too much to be gained by overhyping your work and selling it to increasingly bigger journals.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Jeffrey Epstein understood the importance of academic research.

That is why he was very charitable with his donations to celebrity academics and gave heavily to universities. To make sure they knew how serious he was about their reseach, he brought many of them to his private island to thank them personally for their dedication to western knowledge.

Thank you Jeffrey. :patriot:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
thank u for this book on rationality and why it seems scarce, here have a child to diddle. as a treat.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What's the deal with Coco Chanel? Someone gave us the 'A is for Awesome' children's book

and Coco is the 'C' person they go with. I didn't know a ton about her and reading the wiki is a :stare: fest that leaves me with way more questions than could possible be answered without a huge deep dive. So wondering if anyone here had a sort of basic tl;dr on her. My initial take is Epstein like poo poo to reach into the British aristocracy which then benefitted her greatly post war, but that's completely unfounded idle speculation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
She was a nazi, OP

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

The latest New Yorker has a doozy of an article that hits all the domestic gladio high notes: someone goes on a sniper rampage in Malibu, but the local PD refuse to investigate. Some officers feel the investigation is being steered in a certain direction:

quote:

As far as the public could tell, Malibu was being terrorized by an elusive killer, the Canyon Shooter, who already had a string of victims. But law enforcement seemed, almost willfully, to resist that interpretation. Press releases from the sheriff’s department hewed to a strict narrative, which seemed to justify the decision not to warn the public before the murder: “Homicide detectives are advising, at this time there is no evidence to suggest the past shootings are related to the June 22, 2018 homicide.”

Inside Lost Hills Station, the faction that had long believed there was a sniper at large was frustrated. On the morning of the murder, Manwell reported to the campground. “When we found out that Mr. Beaudette was killed, I can tell you I was angry as hell,” he said. “My belief was, we should have warned the public, giving them a choice of whether they wanted to drive through the canyon, stay at the campground, or anything else.” He went on, “I felt very much like we had failed this family.”

The pressure intensified to come up with a suspect. Manwell told me, “It was focussed on a lone-wolf type of guy.”

Eventually they land on this ex-army hermit whose parents said used to be a nice kid but came back clearly changed by his brief time in the military:

quote:

According to his father, Oswald, Rauda had been a meticulous child, shy and gentle, who loved playing baseball. When he was young, the family lived in Highland Park, on the Eastside of Los Angeles, close to cousins and to the elementary school. After Oswald and Anthony’s mother divorced, he says, she and her new husband moved Anthony and his two older siblings to Tampa, and he lost touch with them. Anthony dropped out of high school, got a G.E.D., and briefly joined the Army, training in infantry. By the time he showed up back in L.A., Oswald felt that he’d changed.

It sure seems like this guy did everything as dumb as possible in order to get the cops on his trail! Btw these burglaries didn't start taking place until after the cops were forced to acknowledge there was a serial sniper.

quote:

In Malibu, those who felt that law enforcement had been hiding the existence of the Canyon Shooter are not entirely convinced that they arrested the right person. Karen and Arnold York, the publishers of the Malibu Times, a community newspaper, told me that they “take it with a grain of salt.” Karen said, “The fact that this guy was a homeless guy, it was so easy to say, ‘His fault.’ Who knows? It may be a perfectly preppy-looking guy, who’s got issues with guns, who did this, but we’re not going to look for him. We’re going to focus on somebody that threatens our vision of what Malibu should be.”

Even Sergeant Wright, who firmly believes the serial-shooter theory, admits that the Rauda story is a little neat. “I would think it would take some nerve to commit a burglary directly next door to the station,” he told me. “I mean . . . why would somebody commit a murder and then hold on to the same weapon? And then do burglaries on videotape, making very little effort to hide, other than putting a mask on part of your face? There’s an assumption that most criminals would think, if their picture was captured on camera with a weapon, that there’s going to be a heightened law-enforcement effort to engage them, and that’s exactly what happened.”

There's more and the whole thing is really worth a read.

edit: missed this one

quote:

More than two years later, Rauda’s criminal trial has yet to begin, but he and his family continue to proclaim his innocence. Oswald told me that he doesn’t understand how Rauda got the carbine and can’t imagine him using it. “He doesn’t even hunt,” he said. “He eats from the dumpsters at the McDonald’s near the 101.” Rauda’s brother-in-law told me that he believes Anthony has been framed. Rauda, too, argues that the focus on him is misplaced. “The Beaudette family and friends can blame the sheriff’s department for his death,” he wrote. “That’s where the justice is at.”

eshock has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Mar 16, 2021

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PuErhTeabag posted:

Since this is now The Book Thread, A Theory of the Drone is an interesting read about the philosophy and ethics of drone warfare that touches on this.

The first section of the book covers a bit of history and discusses the impacts of drone use. This is followed by a relatively philosophical discussion of what warfare means to society and whether drones fit into that philosophical framework. The third section covers the ethics of drones and mostly challenges the idea that they are a "humane" weapon. The book then moves back into the legal framework of war and policing and makes the point that drones don't fit into either of those. It ends by discussing the political implications of being able to wage war without risking humans and why that's concerning.

drones are terror weapons for developed countries to use on lovely ones that can't control their airspace or whose governments are compromised enough that they let the USA fly drones around to rough up the locals

like white phosphorous doesn't really fill a justifiable "legal" role either but our troops need a little bit o "illumination" every now and then...

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 20:38 on Mar 16, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

oswald lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

nut posted:

oswald lol

yeah that was a little gem in there

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

imo Oprah probably shouldn't have done that.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
luv 2 have the royal family we already liberated ourselves from shoved down my throat

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

Marzzle posted:

drones are terror weapons for developed countries to use on lovely ones that can't control their airspace or whose governments are compromised enough that they let the USA fly drones around to rough up the locals

like white phosphorous doesn't really fill a justifiable "legal" role either but our troops need a little bit o "illumination" every now and then...

this is also a good synopsis of the book

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Delta-Wye posted:

luv 2 have the royal family we already liberated ourselves from shoved down my throat

Oprah is one of the most prominent members of the American royalty. It's doubly obnoxious. Anyway their issue is racism not pedophilia, hence Oprah.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

nut posted:

what does a drone strike operator think they're doing right before they light up a publicly owned factory or a hospital? Do they know what it is they're about to destroy or who's in it? I genuinely dunno

the enemy's gate is down

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

To be fair, the CIA shoved the royals down American girls' throats first.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

CIA MORI ID 190684 [Page 1] [Page 4]
Outline of Special H Cases
7 January 1953

Transcriptions are my own. If anyone knows or can figure what may be in any [...] please let me know or finds some transcription error let me know and I will update.

CIA Document #140393 [Page 1]
July 9, 1951

Not transcribing because it is clear. Don't let your eyes glaze over this one folks.

Edit: More here with transcriptions and bolded bits: https://www.wanttoknow.info/mind_control/cia_mind_control_experiments_sex_abuse

lollll *crack*

*ping* lol

yeah this is horrifying but also lolling at that euphemistic "falling back" and "levitation" tests. Sounds an awful lot like stages of an induction but w/e

Yeah this is the exact same poo poo I run in.

God drat it am i around a bunch of g-men? loving poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Good news: a sober or even moderately intoxicated person can probably identify a conditioned trance if exposed beforehand, even if you're a more vulnerable sort that just trances out idly, when driving on highways or w/e.

And yeah the experience is like a more intense version of highway hypnosis, so if you've had that, you've got the step one experience.

basically you get trained to go into that state. This is strengthened and deepened, so you fall into it easier, stay in it longer, and then you can feed suggestions in. You start small, but each little suggestion is a brick that builds the box that walls you in.

as that state is deepend, and the subject is brought to enter it more readily, you can employ kinda ethically suspect tricks like fractionating, which psychedelics and poo poo can make far easier to do, where you more or less forget you've been conditioned entirely, or just slide into it so readily that it passes underneath cognizance.

I hate the fact that something that has brought me so much help (I can trigger out of panic attacks and lessen ptsd symptoms thanks to this stuff), is clearly wildly loving dangerous and has probably enabled incredible, unforgivable evil~

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Riot Bimbo posted:

is clearly wildly loving dangerous and has probably enabled incredible, unforgivable evil~

when reading scientific histories, I like to try to remember the almost poetic flow of evil that regularly crops up when militarism is put first and almost everything helpful has to trickle from it. I recently read that the first MAO inhibitor antidepressant was discovered because there was excess V2 rocket fuel that scientists were trying to synthesize something useful from.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

not to say that hypnosis is inherently evil! If anything, that has done an impressive amount of good in medicine!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I need deets if I am to spread the gospel of cabal'd up oprah

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Backweb posted:

To be fair, the CIA shoved the royals down American girls' throats first.

lmfao jesus christ

Marzzle posted:

I need deets if I am to spread the gospel of cabal'd up oprah

i don't have any deets sorry i just thought it was a funny, technically plausible meme

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Truga posted:

i don't have any deets sorry i just thought it was a funny, technically plausible meme

possible it's a literal disinfo meme as cabal countermeasures to muddy the waters of public trust for who is in and who is not :tinfoil:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

mastershakeman posted:

Speaking of bush sr, his involvement in the cannibalism incident is absolutely wild. That was obviously coincidence but good lord

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichijima_incident?wprov=sfla1

I find this story to be pretty unbelievable. The version of events presented on Wikipedia is just odd. Beyond just how it involved Bush Sr, who organized god knows how many cover stories for the rest of his life.

Really? A Lieutenant General, a big shot in charge of a garrison of 21,000 soldiers, was the guy on the ground who made the decision to behead and cannibalize some POWs?

Some unhinged sergeant over 50 guys or something I could imagine. But nope, instead this event enabled a pretty influential guy to be taken out of the picture once the war was over.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

yeah the USA was probably pissed some lovely lower officer in the field ordered a canibalisim and then went after the whole chain of command for revenge because they could

also pretty sure that's how warcrimes work too but I'm not a warcrimes expert

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
There's a book about it called Fly boys I think, even has pictures

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
When 100% of the eight non-George Bush Sr people in a group have one experience, and George Bush Sr gets another totally different one, I dunno. God might roll dice, but that dude did not. Instead he engineered some history's most massive deceptions to shape the story his way.

500excf type r posted:

There's a book about it called Fly boys I think, even has pictures

The Amazon page for it is funny. Lots of disenchanted angry US patriots, US exceptionalists, and Christians in the reviews who came for a heroic story of our boys but got Rape of Nanking and toxicity of US influence instead.

And then there's this detail in the story that I hadn't read anywhere else:

quote:

This is their story as well as the story of Japanese defenders astounded to see a US Submarine surface to save the future President George Bush after he had to ditch his attack aircraft.

Oh, come on, really???

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Mar 17, 2021

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Happy Thread posted:

When 100% of the eight non-George Bush Sr people in a group have one experience, and George Bush Sr gets another totally different one, I dunno. God might roll dice, but that dude did not. Instead he engineered some history's most massive deceptions to shape the story his way.

The Amazon page for it is funny. Lots of disenchanted angry US patriots, US exceptionalists, and Christians in the reviews who came for a heroic story of our boys but got Rape of Nanking and toxicity of US influence instead.

And then there's this detail in the story that I hadn't read anywhere else:

Oh, come on, really???

I read the book in 2006, far before I had any crack pings, and even then that whole situation seemed bonkers.

Bush crashing his plane, japanese paddling a boat to snatch him out of the water, and then a submarine surfaces and saves him just moments before the japanese get to him?

Oh and then he kills kennedy like 20 years later

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Flyboys was written by the same guy who wrote Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Marzzle posted:

possible it's a literal disinfo meme as cabal countermeasures to muddy the waters of public trust for who is in and who is not :tinfoil:

Some posted recently about it, but I think the most obvious link is John of God. I can't speak to the article and just googled to see if that was the right name and this came up

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hayesbrown/john-god-joao-deus-brazil-healer-allegations-sexual-abuse

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yeah the link is John of God and her being in Epstein's black book. Also palling around with Naomi Campbell not infrequently.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just take it as a given that every billionaire is a direct participant in global sex trafficking. Once your net worth ticks over 1,000,000,000 a bunch of confetti falls from the ceiling and Bill Clinton gifts you a catamite

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

PuErhTeabag posted:

crack-pings! getcher crack-pings right here!

https://twitter.com/LindsayAWatts/status/1372295777805029376

https://twitter.com/LindsayAWatts/status/1372300057890918414

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1371235587718582274

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

:airquote: