Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait what's the difference between Bomberman R and Bomberman R Online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Enjoying P5 Strikers on the Switch after being reassured that here weren't that many Musou elements in it by a few people in the thread here

Atlus you worthless assholes release P5 on the Switch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

R online is a 64 player battle royale

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One is online.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will be continuing my adventure in Dark Souls II in about 6 minutes or so here: https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa :)

Going to be playing for probably no more than 2 and a half hours or so :D Excited!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Walla posted:

One is online.

No, clearly one are online

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thread tag tier list

Kirby
Gay Agenda
Tubes
You Died
Pastry
Bad Kitty
Bats
Skeleton Bird
Tails
AIDS
Tiers
Goon Meet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember when the PR for SimCity was like "no this game must be always-online because of server-side calculations, the city wouldn't work otherwise" and a couple of reviewers bought into that wholesale

Then a week later someone modded to disable the online and it worked exactly the same lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also a Stadia rep was the worst guest ever on the Giant Bomb E3 couch, normally that was the place where everyone, including top designers and executives, would cut loose and have fun conversations

The Stadia rep was a dead-eyed marketing drone who kept on spewing talking points and couldn't handle Jeff Gerstmann asking even basic questions about the glaring issues with the platform

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Kinda mad at gamepass really, for some reason I can't update my Windows to 10 (I've tried several times but the installation just restarts and then says there was an error).

Yes I could play them on my laptop but thats not the point

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

probably less notable than the difference between bomberman and bomberman online

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol the final boss fight for the Legend of Dragoon is not a fight you want to lose (it takes over 1 hour to beat).

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Kirby has a new friend.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1371657545081745409

Well really they're old news by now, but it's the first time we've seen Kirby hanging out with them since their birthing ritual three years ago.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

haveblue posted:

No, clearly one are online

R is online?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I actually liked Octopath more than Bravely Default and Bravely Second

It's extremely dope and if you're good at breaking job systems it's just the right level of not very difficult yet still extremely fun

Also the dress up game is v strong, all the characters are cool and handsome

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Do you guys remember this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXgaEGpfHc

Well it got an update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC1smbjIVJI

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Count me as one of the people so put off by Octopath’s lack of narrative connectivity that I shelved a game I otherwise liked

VideoGames posted:

I will be continuing my adventure in Dark Souls II in about 6 minutes or so here: https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa :)

Going to be playing for probably no more than 2 and a half hours or so :D Excited!

This is a good time for goons, there’s 14 of us in here right now

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wuggles posted:

Count me as one of the people so put off by Octopath’s lack of narrative connectivity that I shelved a game I otherwise liked

Triangle Strategy at least looks to be fixing that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EHhhhhhhhhh probably not

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

See I liked that aspect of it, made it feel like a little world :shobon:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1371901088727699472

Looks pretty likely that Blizzcon is dead as an in-person event.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think having characters interact even a little bit during each others' stories--and not just in the pub chats--would've made all the difference for me.

If I had a wish, I'd make it so that you can't progress into anyone's chapter 2 until you do everyone's chapter 1, so the game knows for sure you have all eight characters starting in chapter 2. Then they could have characters appear in story scenes for each others' stories and comments on things when it would make sense for those characters to comment. They don't have to play a major role, just like... have the game acknowledge they're there.

That would've made all the difference for me, I think. Maybe it seems dumb that something so small put that much of a damper on the game for me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Huh. At first I was thinking it looked kinda budget but its growing on me fast.

So they decided to make it more of a co-op souls-like or character-action game almost, rather than a top-down beat em up? I can get on board with that...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

stev posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1371901088727699472

Looks pretty likely that Blizzcon is dead as an in-person event.

Goddamn, that's a lot of people for live events. I'm worried that this will effect Starcraft II tournaments.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Schreier loves mentioning the Bloomberg Terminal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Schreier loves mentioning the Bloomberg Terminal

Does he work for Bloomberg now?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

It's a system that gives you a direct feed into market trades and news.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

he works for bloomberg now

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

So I hate to Kramer in here, but does anyone have a recommendation for a website/app/whatever that will consolidate all my game libraries in one place? Mostly I'm looking for something that will show both Steam and Playstation libraries, but if it does other stuff that's cool too (like RetroArch, but I know that ain't going to happen). Google popped up with AllMyGames, but that refuses to sync with my PSN games. It shows Steam just fine, but not anything else and according to their discord it gets maintained sporadically. I also saw that GoG is going GoG Galaxy now, but that's only a windows launcher and I wouldn't be able to see my combined library on my phone when I'm out and about. Does anyone have any other recommendations before I go nuts and start an excell doc on my Google Drive or something stupid?

Basically I'm just tired of accidentally buying games twice because they're on sale and I remember thinking I should play it at some point.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Atlus you worthless assholes release P5 on the Switch

We're absolutely getting monkey paw'ed into base P5 and not P5R someday.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think your best bet for an all in one solution is the Google Docs thing you mentioned. I don't think any single resource exists.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zaphod42 posted:

Huh. At first I was thinking it looked kinda budget but its growing on me fast.

So they decided to make it more of a co-op souls-like or character-action game almost, rather than a top-down beat em up? I can get on board with that...

Ign has some making of and some more gameplay. https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeo...DknSjtNiGsx4Kfo

Apparently they asked WotC if they could make a D&D game, were told no. Decided to do so anyway, some publishers took notice of the work, including WotC again, and they decided to backtrack and publisher it after all and double the games budget.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every time i play custom robo i'm impressed by how much optional npc dialogue there is. at the lab break-in the game starts with, every cop and burglar pair gets a new line after every battle even when they're unconscious. if you revisit areas at the end of a day everyone has new stuff to say, and every opponent has a line if you lose to them. it may not be that long or large of a game but still, i'm here for it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

xedo posted:

We're absolutely getting monkey paw'ed into base P5 and not P5R someday.

Is that the version with the homophobia and transphobia or the one with the shitload of homophobia and transphobia?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

stev posted:

Is that the version with the homophobia and transphobia or the one with the shitload of homophobia and transphobia?

P5 neatly dodges including any explicit tansphobia to my knowledge by not including any trans characters or NPCs at all (this is a flippant way of saying "I don't recall any transphobia in P5 but also the game never gives itself the opportunity to do it in the first place")

It does have two pretty homophobic scenes that the English translation of Royal tried to tone down but there's really no salvaging those scenes. They've gone from "two gay guys sexually harass a teenager" to "two gay guys try to pressure a teenager into a drag makeover" for context

Harrow fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 16, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Does the windows store still do the thing where it blows a permanent hole through your disk space that you can't get back by uninstalling the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets hang out posted:

Does the windows store still do the thing where it blows a permanent hole through your disk space that you can't get back by uninstalling the game
sometimes. also sometimes it does the opposite and deletes games without telling you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

homeless snail posted:

sometimes. also sometimes it does the opposite and deletes games without telling you

A land of contrasts

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1371938015375937547?s=19

Gift cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
handing out company scrip on your way out the door