Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Remake Assault on Precinct 13 but with Aliens and Predators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
These ideas are funny and all but I definitely think we're ready for a movie that's 100% just Predators and they speak Predator the whole movie so you'd need subtitles. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't been done yet.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

all of this doesnt sound very good and no one would do it right both from a artistic production standpoint or from a financial standpoint.

this sounds like a very good 10 minute fan movie though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I absolutely want a movie where cowboys are fighting xenomorphs and/or Predators now.

If we do Cowboys vs ______ enough it has to eventually work! It HAS to.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

These ideas are funny and all but I definitely think we're ready for a movie that's 100% just Predators and they speak Predator the whole movie so you'd need subtitles. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't been done yet.

No subtitles. Just infer through body language.

The predator and subtitles and it blew rear end.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My main criticism of Alien films post-aliens is I don’t really like the idea of the xenomorphs as mindless animals and prefer it when they have some demonstrated intelligence or guile, and a lot of later films in the series tend a little too hard towards there that only the queen is capable of thinking her way out of a paper bag, your average xeno is just dumb as a sack of bricks.

Basebf555 posted:

This but directed by the coen bros

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If I had a chance to pitch a Predator movie, I’d basically reverse the plot of the first movie. The Predators get hunted, one survives, and is basically the hero.

The predator fuckin lives. And then he gets his mandible broken and then in the next movie he fights aliens because oh shitttt it was a broken tusk origin story son! Get that Machiko up in there too!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The revenant starring a predator

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hunt for the Wilderpeople, but it's Sam Neill and the kid being hunted by predators. Still directed by Taika Waititi

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Remake Assault on Precinct 13 but with Aliens and Predators.

directed by Joe Begos and it'll print money

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
In my western idea I forgot to mention that the cows would be replaced by engineers. A huge herd of buff dudes moseying around, crossing rivers, and mooing

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

My main criticism of Alien films post-aliens is I don’t really like the idea of the xenomorphs as mindless animals and prefer it when they have some demonstrated intelligence or guile, and a lot of later films in the series tend a little too hard towards there that only the queen is capable of thinking her way out of a paper bag, your average xeno is just dumb as a sack of bricks.

I'm absolutely with you on this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s why I like Covenant so much. It’s not as good as the originals but the Xeno does think it’s way out of situations. It’s not mindless.

And that one second shot of it walking into the hanger is pretty eerie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but even Covenants basically presents the xenomorphs as a tool of David. I think that's the Alien problem with the AVP/Prequel films. It lowers the Xenos in the efforts to elevate everything else.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually recently rewatched all of the Alien films and I will go to bat for Alien : Ressurection because its such a goofy weird movie.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

In my western idea I forgot to mention that the cows would be replaced by engineers. A huge herd of buff dudes moseying around, crossing rivers, and mooing

The cold open is the predators defending their herd of marble statue men from the British Museum

gently caress off, you can't have them, you stole enough

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

CelticPredator posted:

No subtitles. Just infer through body language.

so basically the Wookiees in the Star Wars Holiday Special

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. But predators and no Jefferson starship

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Dirty Dancing but with an Alien and a Predator. The Predator plays Patrick Swayze's role .

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Roadhouse is the movie that really needs a remake but with a Predator in the Swayze role.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My Dinner With Predator, a quiet and subdued My Dinner with Andre re-imagining.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Dirty Dancing but with an Alien and a Predator. The Predator plays Patrick Swayze's role .

Having Dirty Dancing in the Alien universe will make the abortion plotline a bit more interesting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also changes the big jump subplot.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rob Zombies Alien Halloween 2: Unrated Directors Cut

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dorium posted:

My Dinner With Predator, a quiet and subdued My Dinner with Andre re-imagining.

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alien.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Jedit posted:

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alien.

Shortbus with a queen Alien.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

All of the chatter in this thread has led me to watching Alien for the first time in ages tonight along with my partner who has never seen it and is currently hiding behind a couch cushion.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Leave the room and then throw a fake facehugger at them.

We all have one right

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The facehugger animation in the Alien: Trilogy video game hosed me up so bad as a teen I put down the game and didn't try to play it again for a year. What a creepy monster.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aliens/Predator is a dumb crossover that never needed to happen.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shudder TV showed me Amityville 2: The Possession and it was bad!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

veni veni veni posted:

There has never been a good superhero crossover with either franchise either.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Shudder TV showed me Amityville 2: The Possession and it was bad!

I haven't seen the 2005 remake of Amityville Horror so I can't really say for sure if my hypothesis of "there's one good Amityville film and it's the first one" is completely correct, but it's gotta be close to it if not

That time I waited years to watch Amityville The Awakening and it got released for free on Google Play (as the last film in its studio's existence) and it wasn't even worth that price

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I have a VHS tape that has The Amityville Dollhousr on it, recorded straight from TV some random afternoon in 1998, commercial breaks totally intact, which feels like the ideal way to watch that movie

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I just want a series of AvP odd couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqSCn0sBPw

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Predator, The Alien, His Wife & Her Lover

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I was trying to come up with a joke, but now that I've given it some thought, remaking James Cameron's Avatar but with Predators would genuinely rule.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

veni veni veni posted:

Crossovers are a fake idea. They're just characters.

AV|P:R most closely resembles the '88 Blob remake. If you disinvest yourself from the logic of the franchise, it's a movie about a bunch of spacemen who accidentally drug a small town's water supply - and what's not to love?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Crossovers are a fake idea. They're just characters.

AV|P:R most closely resembles the '88 Blob remake. If you disinvest yourself from the logic of the franchise, it's a movie about a bunch of spacemen who accidentally drug a small town's water supply - and what's not to love?

i want to love AvP:R but i really need color adjustments because the version i keep seeing is dark as all get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the effects look like poo poo.