Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Reynolds copying Maki's hairstyle is almost as good Stu not giving a poo poo about any of this cause he only has eyes for Anna :allears:

Stu sitting there arms folded, not looking at Itoh-chan: "She's all right, I guess..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Studere

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Reynolds copying Maki's hairstyle is almost as good Stu not giving a poo poo about any of this cause he only has eyes for Anna :allears:

He knows that Anna is watching BTE and will shove him even more violently after she returns if he shows any signs of affection towards Maki.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Germansimp posted:

He knows that Anna is watching BTE and will shove him even more violently after she returns if he shows any signs of affection towards Maki.

https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1371536693698961415?s=20
https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1371544646476836869?s=20

Anna and Maki gonna feud when she gets back, I'm guessing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anna will come back mad and in 5 minutes they will be BFFs

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Anna will come back mad and in 5 minutes they will be BFFs

They're about to fight, Stu runs in to make peace, they throw him through a plate glass window and go for milkshakes

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

Starlight Kid being forced to join Oedo Tai

Stardark Kid

SDK ALL FUCKIN DAY

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Watching a pre pandemic match makes me realize the one benefit of Covid Era is that we don't have to hear that one guy (you know who I'm talking about) constantly yelling all through the show. Used to think he was a Stardom superfan but as I watched more Joshi promotions nope he's everywhere.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do you mean maor

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

Watching a pre pandemic match makes me realize the one benefit of Covid Era is that we don't have to hear that one guy (you know who I'm talking about) constantly yelling all through the show. Used to think he was a Stardom superfan but as I watched more Joshi promotions nope he's everywhere.

April 2019 was a bad time for Japanese wrestling https://twitter.com/skeach101/status/1123063627735535619

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think stall is talking about IOOOOOO/SEKIMOTOOOO guy

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think stall is talking about IOOOOOO/SEKIMOTOOOO guy

Yep that guy. Heavyset japanese guy usually in a red Toyota shirt. Mayuuuu!!! Kidddddoooooo! Oh! Ohhhh! He has a distinctive voice so even when you can't see him on camera, you know he's there.

You can hear him a bunch in this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFH4bbKsMkI

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was at a show where Sakura Hirota yelled at him to shut up and it was the most cathartic experience of my life

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
IOOOOOOOOO Guy is an institution

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

With all the energy he's been building up during the clap crowd era, I'm worried his first shout will blow the roof off Korakuen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

With all the energy he's been building up during the clap crowd era, I'm worried his first shout will blow the roof off Korakuen

Worst anime timeskip power-up of all time :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stall_19 posted:

Yep that guy. Heavyset japanese guy usually in a red Toyota shirt. Mayuuuu!!! Kidddddoooooo! Oh! Ohhhh! He has a distinctive voice so even when you can't see him on camera, you know he's there.

You can hear him a bunch in this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFH4bbKsMkI

SU-PER DRA-GON! SU-PER DRA-GON!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i whooped that guy's rear end

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fez_machine posted:

April 2019 was a bad time for Japanese wrestling https://twitter.com/skeach101/status/1123063627735535619

I Don't Know Much About That Guy But I Am Already Annoyed That He Capitalizes Every Word In His Tweet

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

SU-PER DRA-GON! SU-PER DRA-GON!

*Takes hat, kicks it*

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

StarkRavingMad posted:

I Don't Know Much About That Guy But I Am Already Annoyed That He Capitalizes Every Word In His Tweet

So quick story: he went to Japan for Golden Week 2019 (that's the big holiday week in early May; there's a load of public holidays all at one time so most people get the full week off) with some friends and was an annoying nuisance at shows. The big thing they'd do is start terrible US-wrestling style chants: it was coordinated by someone as well so you'd get a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant from like ten people in the middle of a show and no one else joined in. It makes the 2019 Stardom Cinderella Tournament show very hard to watch just because the chants do not fit the matches or the vibe of the promotion; they were also at the SEAdLINNNG Arisa Nakajima Produce show and did the same stuff but somehow worse. There was a famous clip where you have Nanae Takahashi (I think; might have been Arisa) doing some big emotional post-show promo after beating Arisa in the main event and they start what is clearly meant to be an ironic "this is awesome" chant and she screams the Japanese equivalent of "SHUT THE gently caress UP" and gets applause and cheers from the audience and then some guy in the crowd is heard to say "but seriously; you should shut up" so obviously none of the local fans liked it.

He also tried to take photos of all of the wrestlers with the Israeli flag and also would censor any photos he took with a wrestler that exposed their midriff because it wasn't appropriate for them to not cover it or something like that (I think he's extremely religious: not that is an issue but its just weird why its OK to go to the shows but not to take photos); and apparently took photos with wrestlers without paying which is obviously something that is frowned upon but where they don't like to cause a scene sometimes which led to Stardom tweeting out the "please behave yourself when you are in Japan" tweet. He went back to Japan last January and was like "I'll be in Japan for three months and will be chanting and you can't stop me!!!" but nothing was heard or seen from him so we assumed that he was BSing until the 2020 Cinderella Tournament when he was in the crowd holding this sad "I'm stuck here please let me out" sign because I think there were COVID-related travel issues so he might have actually been stuck in Japan and while I'll never wish harm on anyone I think a good scare like that might help people sometimes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Let's post this tweet in here for posterity and because Miyu is cool

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1371864570193534977

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

frankenfreak posted:

Let's post this tweet in here for posterity

Hang on, I'm with the posting police and I need to confirm your reason for posting at this time

frankenfreak posted:

because Miyu is cool

No wait everything appears to be in order, have a good day sir

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

So quick story: he went to Japan for Golden Week 2019 (that's the big holiday week in early May; there's a load of public holidays all at one time so most people get the full week off) with some friends and was an annoying nuisance at shows. The big thing they'd do is start terrible US-wrestling style chants: it was coordinated by someone as well so you'd get a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant from like ten people in the middle of a show and no one else joined in. It makes the 2019 Stardom Cinderella Tournament show very hard to watch just because the chants do not fit the matches or the vibe of the promotion; they were also at the SEAdLINNNG Arisa Nakajima Produce show and did the same stuff but somehow worse. There was a famous clip where you have Nanae Takahashi (I think; might have been Arisa) doing some big emotional post-show promo after beating Arisa in the main event and they start what is clearly meant to be an ironic "this is awesome" chant and she screams the Japanese equivalent of "SHUT THE gently caress UP" and gets applause and cheers from the audience and then some guy in the crowd is heard to say "but seriously; you should shut up" so obviously none of the local fans liked it.

He also tried to take photos of all of the wrestlers with the Israeli flag and also would censor any photos he took with a wrestler that exposed their midriff because it wasn't appropriate for them to not cover it or something like that (I think he's extremely religious: not that is an issue but its just weird why its OK to go to the shows but not to take photos); and apparently took photos with wrestlers without paying which is obviously something that is frowned upon but where they don't like to cause a scene sometimes which led to Stardom tweeting out the "please behave yourself when you are in Japan" tweet. He went back to Japan last January and was like "I'll be in Japan for three months and will be chanting and you can't stop me!!!" but nothing was heard or seen from him so we assumed that he was BSing until the 2020 Cinderella Tournament when he was in the crowd holding this sad "I'm stuck here please let me out" sign because I think there were COVID-related travel issues so he might have actually been stuck in Japan and while I'll never wish harm on anyone I think a good scare like that might help people sometimes.

i did see him at wrestlekingdom in january but he was either on his best behavior or he was camouflaged by the more annoying brits and aussies

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

More evidence re: Miyu = Good.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1371866870278615048

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1372001829790179328

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seems like Mizunami is staying in America btw. Nanae just tweeted about how she purchased the SEAdLINNNG PPV from the USA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maki Ito challenging Rika Tatsumi on 4.17

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Surprised they gave Itoh another Korakuen main event after the one she had with Miyu was one of the worst Korakuen main events they've had.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was two years ago and the match she had with Miyu on January 4th this year is their MOTY

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That match? I was saw it but I wasn't that impressed. I would say if that match was their moty then they've had a rough year but during my limited TJPW viewing this year I saw a match I would rate much higher. Kamiyu/ Mirai for the international title at the last Korakuen show. I very much enjoyed that match.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/HeelByNatureYT/status/1372352165843513346?s=20

lmao ok

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

It's not the worst name. Will take some getting used to.

Curious what wwe's criteria is for who keeps their name and who needs to change. Like why does Io get to keep hers but Kairi has to change her last name. Same with Nakamura and Kenta.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sarray

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stHMD5N-KPw

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I bet someone at WWE asked their kid who likes anime how to pronounce "Sareee" and the kid thought the Es were supposed to be エ

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Sarray 'bout your drat luck.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sa Ree to Sa Ray isn't that big of a leap

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0hDj2m5AE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Sa Ree to Sa Ray isn't that big of a leap

which just makes it even more pointless