Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

We all use discord but we have a bunch of console users and there is never any issue playing with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

jase1 posted:

Yeah the standard settings are pretty awesome on this thing. It runs a million times better than my PS4.

Here is the card NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 Graphics

I think this is what you are asking right?

I’m moron when it comes to computers so that’s why I am asking. I want to get the best out of this machine.

Just turn off motion blur and film grain. There are also Nvidia game filters which can change the game drastically with a very small hit to FPS, most streamers will post their settings. Really helps in the darker areas of the maps.

Oh and running it in Full screen will give you better performance

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Do you folks Xbox folks use the console for voice?

I don't think I knew Discord could do that. But I'm old and don't spend much time there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Do you folks Xbox folks use the console for voice?

Yes, of course

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Wait is there a way for Xbox players to use Discord on the Xbox or do they have to run it via another device (and therefore wouldn't get game sounds in their headset)? I've been playing with a few Xbox buddies lately, using the Windows Xbox Console Companion app for voice, but as far as I can tell there's absolutely no way to adjust microphone sensitivity via that app for PC players, so everyone gets to hear my clickity-clacks.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
You need to use a separate device for discord on xbox. I just plug cheap earbuds into my laptop and tuck one under my controller headset. Some people have rigged up the discord voice audio to mix with the console game audio via mixers and plugin headsets.

Xbox discord app does not support voice, it's basically useless.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Ask me about my male on male quarter inch to 8th inch discord console laptop setup

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It would be great if instead of adding a worthless zombie spawning mechanism to a corner of the map, or something equally stupid, they would fix some of the countless bugs that have been around since the game’s launch.

I’m tired of my game just crashing for no reason one out of every 5 games I play.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why are you idiots using Discord? the game has built in chat and its cross platform and works fine?

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Laserface posted:

Why are you idiots using Discord? the game has built in chat and its cross platform and works fine?

Why don’t you wear $9 Faded Glory jeans from Walmart?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Why don’t you wear $9 Faded Glory jeans from Walmart?

Because I dont live in the USA and dont know what you're referencing.

the game chat is fine. it is 100% better if you are on an xbox vs any other platform, with PC being the worst platform for voice quality, in my experience.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
A buddy gave me his old Steel Series 800s which have been a godsend. Wireless game audio and a single cable for Discord connected to my phone, all routed through one headset. He has the Arctis Pro now which is fully wireless, sounds cool

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

the game chat is fine. it is 100% better if you are on an xbox vs any other platform, with PC being the worst platform for voice quality, in my experience.

Cross-game and cross-device persistent chat sure beats the hell out of only using the ingame communication.

But you should really be lodging these complaints ingame via the chat features the cod regiment has...

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Laserface posted:

I think it let's you stay connected to a group of people between games

It does sound like kind of a pain to have an ear bud snaked up under my headset, I wish I could do something fancy without that

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

uh, i dont know what you guys are playing but MW2019 definitely has 'lets you chat cross platform between games' as a thing.

join party, make sure you have it set correctly (mute all except party) and then just talk?

like you still get weird glitchy parties where you'll drop out and it wont look like you dropped out, but its pretty obvious when that happens. Or it should be obvious now to anyone still playing.

There is a lot of games with no cross platform chat and 'oh just use discord' is usually the thing that is holding someone back from trying it out (including me)

even for non-gamers in my specific group of friends, playing rocket league and starting a group voice chat in FB messenger, the same group that is actually playing the game, usually is a 'can we just play cod instead at least we dont need to duct tape together tin cans to chat' scenario.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Well on the one hand, we have the huge bloc of goons happily using Discord to play cross-platform, chat whilst organising groups and generally being all happy with one another, and on the other, we have you.

Choose your path:
1. You’re a visionary! All these fools have merely not seen the light, and they’d all be happier using the in-game comms, if only these fools would merely try it!
2. We have, it wasn’t great, it didn’t serve our needs to organise groups and chat, we accept that the Xbox version could be better, but sadly we can’t do anything about it, and you might in fact be simply incorrect. Which is OK, there’s nothing wrong with that.

:iiam:

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Inspector Hound posted:

I think it let's you stay connected to a group of people between games

It does sound like kind of a pain to have an ear bud snaked up under my headset, I wish I could do something fancy without that

Arctis 9 wireless will connect to console and phone simultaneously. Or if you have a line in on your computer you could run your console audio through your computer and then have your headphones pick up both discord and console. There’s also funky setups involving various splitters.

I used the earbud method for a while and it worked fine. it was 100% worth it to not have to deal with the lovely game chat, which plagued my group with nonstop problems and bad quality.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Laserface posted:

There is a lot of games with no cross platform chat and 'oh just use discord' is usually the thing that is holding someone back from trying it out (including me)

Discord chat works exceptionally well for organising parties and showing who's active and interested in playing. It's a prerequisite to use it to get in the games, as it's used to organise getting a gang together, but most people will be happy to turn game voice on once in party.

Game voice and Discord actually work reasonably well together - those using Discord can just mute the other Discord users in game and everyone can still then communicate.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The biggest reason to use discord is so you can tell you squad when you get dev error 6634

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
I suspect discord handles background noise cancellation better as well

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

vs Dinosaurs posted:

I suspect discord handles background noise cancellation better as well

How do you even 360 no scope jump shot without hearing one teammate's heavy breathing and the other eating the loudest possible food they have in the house?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Discord does have built in noise suppression (krisp.ai I think). It works pretty well because the clickety clack keyboard noises don't come through

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m going to continue enhancing the discord noise suppression algorithm by eating potato chips while I play with you

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Quick Question

My 2900 CP suddenly shrank to 300. I’ve not purchased anything. Checking the app, it says 300. That’s over 2500 lost points.

Do I have to contact support? Or is there a fix my old rear end doesn’t see?

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

Shockeh posted:

Well on the one hand, we have the huge bloc of goons happily using Discord to play cross-platform, chat whilst organising groups and generally being all happy with one another, and on the other, we have you.

Choose your path:
1. You’re a visionary! All these fools have merely not seen the light, and they’d all be happier using the in-game comms, if only these fools would merely try it!
2. We have, it wasn’t great, it didn’t serve our needs to organise groups and chat, we accept that the Xbox version could be better, but sadly we can’t do anything about it, and you might in fact be simply incorrect. Which is OK, there’s nothing wrong with that.

:iiam:

Path 3: You are a poor person with a 7 year old 2-core CPU that shits the bed whenever it has to perform two functions at once. For example, running a gargantuan game like Warzone AND Discord at the same time.

Its also such an awkward and weird method to "organize groups and chat", especially if one party is already in the middle of a game and you need to bust into the channel and go "aight who wants to play" and start organizing another team to play another game whilst talking over the already existing team and- MY GOD just post your loving battlenet nametag and use the perfectly serviceable in-game comms.

I hate discord so loving much its unreal

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid

Tony Tone posted:

Its also such an awkward and weird method to "organize groups and chat", especially if one party is already in the middle of a game and you need to bust into the channel and go "aight who wants to play" and start organizing another team to play another game whilst talking over the already existing team and- MY GOD just post your loving battlenet nametag and use the perfectly serviceable in-game comms.

You can just go in an empty channel and use the text chat to alert people that you're looking to play. That seems to always work in my experience.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Tony Tone posted:

Path 3: You are a poor person with a 7 year old 2-core CPU that shits the bed whenever it has to perform two functions at once. For example, running a gargantuan game like Warzone AND Discord at the same time.

How the hell are you even playing warzone?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Tony Tone posted:

peeps already posted plenty of ps4 methods

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Clavavisage posted:

peeps already posted plenty of ps4 methods

Yeah its easy as hell if you are connected to a tuner with a stereo out but there are a billion ways to do it.
I got a cable like this you can probably find it way cheaper it plugs into your computer/laptop or headset. The added bonus is the other teams can hear your death mic.
https://www.amazon.com/stereo-cable-Plated-6-35mm-Stereo/dp/B06WVJ1P27

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Tony Tone posted:

Nah, it works pretty well OP get over yourself.

Discord isn’t even a novel solution.

Roger Wilco, teamspeak, xfire, ventrilo, mumble, and Skype all work way better than using the ingame VOIP of the flavor of the month game we are playing.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Yeah its easy as hell if you are connected to a tuner with a stereo out but there are a billion ways to do it.
I got a cable like this you can probably find it way cheaper it plugs into your computer/laptop or headset. The added bonus is the other teams can hear your death mic.
https://www.amazon.com/stereo-cable-Plated-6-35mm-Stereo/dp/B06WVJ1P27

You cannot say the above then not post the loving wiring diagram of your setup, "easy" is not what I would call it.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
discord is trash and while the in game VC is almost unworkably bad it gives you access to enemy death comms which 100 percent redeems it.

obviously you can octopus tech your audio into a rig that gives you both but then only thing that 'gives' you is access to discord which, sucks and is already way more work than CoD can give you in enjoyment.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
Loving how many people hate the free, easy, and completely functional software Discord in this thread.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah Discord owns? lmao imagine being mad at the best way to chat and play with your good pals.

Just don't let Gary join your parties or Discord chats

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MF_James posted:

You cannot say the above then not post the loving wiring diagram of your setup, "easy" is not what I would call it.

one cable connects to my arctis i dunno

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m sure discord is fine if you’re on PC. I assume the people hating on it are console players. Because who the hell is gonna use a whole different machine (phone or computer), to chat, when you can just plug the mic into your controller.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I just don’t want to go back to ventrilo.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

moosecow333 posted:

I just don’t want to go back to ventrilo/roger wilco/mumble.

I'm sure there were a few others I used at one point.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

one cable connects to my arctis i dunno

Hmmm I had it in my head that it was some way more complex series of cables/devices than it really is.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Rockstar Massacre posted:

discord is trash and while the in game VC is almost unworkably bad it gives you access to enemy death comms which 100 percent redeems it.

If you're hearing the in-game audio, you can hear the death comms, regardless of whether you're using Discord or in game VC to talk to your buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MF_James posted:

I'm sure there were a few others I used at one point.

Hmmm I had it in my head that it was some way more complex series of cables/devices than it really is.

Well if you don’t have a headset with it’s own input output thing you’d need one of these splitters