Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

kinetic77 posted:

This loving guy:

Can't believe he squandered the perfect opportunity for an All Star joke.

e: bad page snipe here's content:

https://twitter.com/ShutUpExcalibur/status/1372012362765455360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

DJExile posted:

oooooof

Isn't Dark taped?

They did 20 takes and that was the best one

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DJExile posted:

oooooof

Isn't Dark taped?

Dark is filmed around 1 in morning or later. Who cares if sloppy match looks sloppy. You know.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The youtube show of try out matches had a bad try out match :shrug:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

The youtube show of try out matches had a bad try out match :shrug:

I think the distressing part is that Luchasaurus has been doing this a long time, and he was as lost as the other guy.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they were just on the wrong page; saurus was going for a chokeslam but bononi didn't read/send the right signal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the distressing part is that Luchasaurus has been doing this a long time, and he was as lost as the other guy.

I also missed it was Cezar so kind of funny. But still, the undercard practice show had a bad match oh no.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have no judgments for the performers everyone has a slip up. I do think it’s weird they didn’t edit it out, like you could at worst cut to the announce desk for a second or the ringside audience instead of leaving it in, but maybe they had their reasons for leaving it in.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the online wrestling culture of obsessing over flubs that last 1-3 seconds plucked from hours of weekly live performances is bizarre. The normal way to react to that is to think "oof rocky moment there" and then literally never think about it again in your life

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tay Conti had that clip from her NXT of her walking through spots in super slow motion and she's now very popular so who the hell cares

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Starting an "NBA Botches" twitter account where I post clips of people passing the ball out of bounds or dribbling off their feet. Hundreds of people quote tweet each post saying "This is supposed to be the NFL'S competition? 😂😂😂" or "This is minor league poo poo, they need to sort this out immediately if they expect people to take this seriously"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rarity posted:

Tay Conti had that clip from her NXT of her walking through spots in super slow motion and she's now very popular so who the hell cares

The difference is she was green as grass, Luchasaurus has been doing this since 2009 and Bononi since 2004

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

And that was on real TV yes.

xbilkis posted:

Starting an "NBA Botches" twitter account where I post clips of people passing the ball out of bounds or dribbling off their feet. Hundreds of people quote tweet each post saying "This is supposed to be the NFL'S competition? 😂😂😂" or "This is minor league poo poo, they need to sort this out immediately if they expect people to take this seriously"

You joke but Shaq does that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The difference is she was green as grass, Luchasaurus has been doing this since 2009 and Bononi since 2004

And Okada does the money clip.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Luchasaurus has been an incredibly popular tag team wrestler for a year and a half, Cezar Bononi is literally a jobber's henchman, who cares

karmicknight posted:

You joke but Shaq does that.

I encourage people to treat botches as funny things to laugh at rather than Grave, Embarrassing moments that speak to serious problems with the wrestlers involved. The Evil Uno/Marko Stunt spot in the tag team battle royale would be a treasured clip in the wrestling equivalent of Shaqtin a Fool (which uh I guess is just Botchamania)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you're allowed to like wrestling a lot and talk about it a lot on the internet, but if you take it seriously you can go to hell

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've seen Ric Flair botch poo poo, it doesn't matter how good you are or how long you've done stuff, everyone is human. They had a miscue, it's fine. The only thing that's weird here is they didn't cut it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1372188804178644993

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

xbilkis posted:

Starting an "NBA Botches" twitter account where I post clips of people passing the ball out of bounds or dribbling off their feet

Every dad in America has a worn out VHS of sports bloopers that is exactly this thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This was the hardest I've laughed watching Dark and I'm glad Maffew got a clip of it up a few hours later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excalibur trolling Taz is the best part of Dark

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think some of you guys care a little too much about what a bunch of obnoxious WWE fans on Twitter think. Botch was bad, you laugh about it and move on. It's not necessarily a slight against AEW or the folks involved.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cezar has almost certainly not been wrestling since 2004. He was probably wrestling for a year before WWE signed him, and he spent 5 years in the PC as a big jacked up guy. He's terrible, it's probably not his fault. The PC is just bad at training people. But he stinks. He got completely lost here and there was no way Luchasaurus could save that. It was in no way his fault and when he realized it was only going to get worse he had tell Cezar to just reset and start over.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I hope they continue to keep his matches and that the coaches give him more opportunities to work on what he needs to! :)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cagematch has bononi as starting in 2014 and having a whole 15 matches in 2014 and 2015 before getting put into the performance center and languishing until he was released last year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I hope they continue to keep his matches and that the coaches give him more opportunities to work on what he needs to! :)

Right now Cezar is funny bad so I love him being on Dark for that reason, but I would also like to see him improve and have a job long term because WWE treated him really badly.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Right now Cezar is funny bad so I love him being on Dark for that reason, but I would also like to see him improve and have a job long term because WWE treated him really badly.

Truly that is the career path we hope for all of the people who aren't great but kind of funny on AEW Dark.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The thing about New Super Bloopers and the like is that in general they're treated as funny things you can laugh at, not "Ted Danson that loving hack, messed up his line on The Good Place five times, who told this doofus he can be on a sitcom??" or pulling out a string of 'botches' to 'prove' that Paul Pierce has no business being in the NBA, much less the Hall of Fame.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

The thing about New Super Bloopers and the like is that in general they're treated as funny things you can laugh at, not "Ted Danson that loving hack, messed up his line on The Good Place five times, who told this doofus he can be on a sitcom??" or pulling out a string of 'botches' to 'prove' that Paul Pierce has no business being in the NBA, much less the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I'm not saying the clip isn't funny. It's incredibly funny. And it's also funny to see people who think it's an actual problem or that they should of edited it out. If anything I think I'd get mad if they got into the habit of constantly editing out sloppy spots. Wrestling is improvisational, the bad spots are a part of the art form.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Truly that is the career path we hope for all of the people who aren't great but kind of funny on AEW Dark.

I will be sad if he gets decent but boring and plateaus, but as long as he pulls Peter around on a bed wagon he has a place on Dark.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Watching Javale McGee blooper reels is a delight that brightens up my day, and I approach pro wrestling botches with the same attitude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Cezar has almost certainly not been wrestling since 2004. He was probably wrestling for a year before WWE signed him, and he spent 5 years in the PC as a big jacked up guy. He's terrible, it's probably not his fault. The PC is just bad at training people. But he stinks. He got completely lost here and there was no way Luchasaurus could save that. It was in no way his fault and when he realized it was only going to get worse he had tell Cezar to just reset and start over.

Please don't be mean to the NXT Future Star award winner of 2017

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

I understand your point, this has nothing to do with it, I just want to point out that paul pierce should be in the hall of fame just for selling a fake injury like he was dying because he doo doo’d his shorts and had to go change. During a playoff game. And came back like a hero.

e: he botched his pants

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 17, 2021

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Botches and miscues are part of the chaotic WCW energy of AEW and I'll take some groaners from green/raw talent over the WWE style where everyone wrestles the exact same match over and over again.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

I thought LuchaSaurus was trying to direct him to repeat the spot. I thought that was totally on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Please don't be mean to the NXT Future Star award winner of 2017

I felt so bad for being mean to Cezar that I originally typed "sucks" and changed it to "stinks."

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

inthesto posted:

Watching Javale McGee blooper reels is a delight that brightens up my day, and I approach pro wrestling botches with the same attitude.

Remember that Javale McGee's mom got involved to get Shaq to stop making fun of him. That poo poo is funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1372234084701863942?s=20

What could possibly convince you that this isn't a loving dumb thing to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Killing Owen Hart seems quaint now.