Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Metric units have been standard in British education for over 50 years. McLaren are dumb but they're not that dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ocon tried to crash into checo like 2 times. gently caress him and i hope nando crushes him

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Technical directors know best. Or they think they do. That's ultimately why RBR and Renault divorced, because they (Renault) wouldn't do what Adrian wanted and he was going to leave in a huff and design boats. I'm not saying he's right (and he had a major fuckup at McL with the shrink fit 2003 car) but you can see how an engine company would easily be cowed by them. John Barnard was similarly influential, but I don't think he got it wrong with engines much, even if Piero Ferrari tried to build an entire new car behind his back.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Metric units have been standard in British education for over 50 years. McLaren are dumb but they're not that dumb.
They have not been the standard fastener units in British motor vehicles for that long

your friend wicka posted:

Everything I've heard about McLaren in that era suggests they easily could've done this and lots of even dumber things.
By "that era" you mean 3 years ago?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Honestly I thought Ocon drove for mclaren and then realized that was Lando Norris

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

I got an m1 macbook air

Hell yeah friend, welcome to the family. These M1s loving own

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Ocon isn't nearly as forgettable as Sirotkin. Fights with Checo and Max were memorable.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Sulman posted:

Technical directors know best. Or they think they do. That's ultimately why RBR and Renault divorced, because they (Renault) wouldn't do what Adrian wanted and he was going to leave in a huff and design boats. I'm not saying he's right (and he had a major fuckup at McL with the shrink fit 2003 car) but you can see how an engine company would easily be cowed by them. John Barnard was similarly influential, but I don't think he got it wrong with engines much, even if Piero Ferrari tried to build an entire new car behind his back.

I might get Barnard's autobiography, the whole design a Ferrari but not relocate thing is pretty mad and seems like it would be a fun read

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Surely no one more forgettable than Stoffel?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Will Stevens?

Waffles at least had the name Waffles to remember

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pascal Wehrlein? Sky seem to have absolutely retconned him from their “Lewis only black driver” storyline as well.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

He was too aggressive and a cocky bastard, but we liked him because he was annoying Bottas and nearly goaded Max into punching him on live TV.

He seems pretty cool and good to me, op?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's the beauty of it, the most forgettable driver is the one we can't even remember. Despite being good at champ car I'm here to remember that sebastien bourdais was an f1 driver lol

Edit: goddamn I've never heard of this Jerome d'Ambrosio guy despite probably having seen him race

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 17, 2021

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Sad news :(

Are Sabine has died.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just saw it...it's terrible. She was so hopeful during the last 24 hour race at Nords where she co-commented for couple of hours.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

That's the beauty of it, the most forgettable driver is the one we can't even remember. Despite being good at champ car I'm here to remember that sebastien bourdais was an f1 driver lol

Edit: goddamn I've never heard of this Jerome d'Ambrosio guy despite probably having seen him race

Didn't the red bull teams have 3 out of 4 of their drivers called sebastian at one stage? The other one was *checks notes* Sebastian Buemi.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

gently caress.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

wtf this was sudden, i had no idea she had cancer

:(

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ilmucche posted:

The only reason I remember d'Ambrosio at all is because of Brundle quipping "other custards are available."

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Didn't the red bull teams have 3 out of 4 of their drivers called sebastian at one stage? The other one was *checks notes* Sebastian Buemi.

I will never forget Buemi, his crash in China was probably the funniest F1 moment ever

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I will never forget Buemi, his crash in China was probably the funniest F1 moment ever

Is that the one where the front suspension decides to disappear?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Is that the one where the front suspension decides to disappear?

Yes, and he keeps steering a wheel less car

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Jaime Alguersari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zeta Acosta posted:

Jaime Alguersari

So forgettable he went on to DJ in a club called 'Amnesia.'

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I think 2013 Caterham wins with their lineup of Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Who remembers which driver replaced Grosjean for the last two races last season

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

So forgettable he went on to Squire in a club called 'Amnesia.'

Ahem

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Are Pietro who is also replacing Grosjean for oval races in indycar this year lol. He was also doing the post race stuff which helped me remember him.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

I think 2013 Caterham wins with their lineup of Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde.
Van der Garde at least made news that year when Sauber hired five drivers to fight over two seats and he sued them for it, probably making more from the settlement (15 million euros) than he would if he'd continued his F1 career. Couldn't pick him out in a lineup, though.

Actually, the 2015 Sauber lineup was a parade of nobodies. As well as van der Garde there was Nasr, Gutierrez, Ericsson... Only Sutil made any impact, and it was on Eric Lux's face.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 17, 2021

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Sakon Yamamoto?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Anyone know what Jack Aitken is planning to do to follow up his single formula 1 race for Williams

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yes, and he keeps steering a wheel less car

I mean, he had nothing better to do.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Anyone know what Jack Aitken is planning to do to follow up his single formula 1 race for Williams

Probably work for Sky

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Tsaedje posted:

He's the williams reserve driver for this season.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Croc posted:

He's the williams reserve driver for this season.

I thought Nissany was, but that figures

Remember Brendon Hartley

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

https://twitter.com/chalelerc_/status/1370381309944590339

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I saw this somewhere else it was pointed out they were probably using the public feeds to try and compare their sector times against aston

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

He had a famous racing name. Wasn't a schumacher and young senna washed out. gently caress.

Theophany posted:

Sakon Yamamoto?

I was going to use yamamoto as my example of otherwise forgettable drivers but I remember him and ide without the help of driver lists from random years. Super aguri were great

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

glad noone tried to pretend they forgot Max "MadLad" Chilton who always brought the car home safe until some reckless european crashed into him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
valteri bottas