Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hope he's okay tho, that was a lot of blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Artelier posted:

HOLY poo poo THAT FINISH

I'm sure that nelson wasn't the planned finish, but it probably worked out cooler than whatever was on paper.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fuckin badass.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Artelier posted:

I feel like that's maybe the ideal injury to get as a wrestler.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Artelier posted:

Eh, it's not that much and lip bleeding is very messy like that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Artelier posted:

He seemed fine in Sammy's vlog, except that it hurt to talk.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea he got some stiches, there will be a scar but its fine

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Man, 10 looked like a badass. Dark was cool, not had a chance to catch Dark 2: Special Tall Frequency Version as of yet.

Rhonne posted:

Fuckin badass.

Ye.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So thinking about it, Cage teasing dissention with Team Taz at the same time as Janella had some dissention with Sonny. Not a coincidence. They're going to join up, Cage and Janella, just a team of pure body guys, hardcore gym addicts.

Alternately, Cage is going to team up with Christian Cage and become Cage and Cage, the Cages.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do think there could be something of a cool angle where Cage leaves Team Taz and Taz sends guys at him to try and get his belt back.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sonny's going to get ludicrously swole and beat Ricky out of the gang

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sonny looked so loving awesome tonight

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

smarxist posted:

Sonny looked so loving awesome tonight

POWER RANKINGS~!

1) Sonny
1) Big Ryo
1) Thunder Rosa
1) Good Dustin
1) Fenix

Do not dispute my choices, they are immaculate

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

I do think there could be something of a cool angle where Cage leaves Team Taz and Taz sends guys at him to try and get his belt back.

Stealing the FTW belt in an angle that literally only Taz cares about is incredibly funny and I really want it to happen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CAGE YOU SONOVABITCH, I MADE YOU THE F-T-DUBYA CHAMPION AND YOU WENT AND STOLE THAT BELT

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pylons posted:

CAGE YOU SONOVABITCH, I MADE YOU THE F-T-DUBYA CHAMPION AND YOU WENT AND STOLE THAT BELT

Finding it hard to envision Taz being aggrieved.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Taz orders Hook to suplex Tony Khan after Cage successfully gets the FTW title recognized

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Taz vs. Tony in a complete bullshit absolutely no-bumps match for the lineal custody of Hook

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
HE'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW KHAN

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts.

weird, this isn't on youtube. Oh well, Fite stream for me.

1) Cezar Bononi vs Luchasaurus. The Pretty Peter heart cart will always be the best. "Taz, you ever had a big brazillian?" is joining "ball burner". Bononi is getting better at strikes. He's still a little slow and oafish but he's getting there. He had a jumping stomp on Luchasaurus that looked the right kind of painful. Not a bad big guy match. Not as insane as, say, Wardlow vs Luchasaurus, but well performed.

2) Legit Leyla Hirsch vs Savannah Evans. Tall vs Small. Leyla hits a German suplex even before taking her jacket off. Evans has some decent power and takes a bully role well. She's got raw material that I really think a good trainer could turn into a great character. Pretty good back and forth but there's a few awkward points where one or the other of them is waiting for their opponent to do the next thing and it breaks my immersion. Hirsch looked strong, though.

3) John Silver vs John Skyler. Battle of the Johns. Some nice hard hits here, but this is all a bit slow in the early stages. Johnny Hungiee takes care of business and then -1 clears the ring. Good stuff.

4) Tesha Price vs Penelope Ford. Price has been getting better with each appearance. She's trying stuff out, working on character, and putting something together. It's really good fun to see. Penelope is MUCH better than she was, and better than she gets credit for. That slingshot rope knee move to the outside was gnarly and I liked it. I liked Tesha mocking Penelope with the gymnastic corner spot, but I actually want Penelope to reture some of the gymnastic stuff. I think it's a holdover from when she was a valet who wrestled and was used to distract from her limited in-ring. Now her in-ring has improved I think she doesn't need to distract from it.

5) Chaos Project vs Fuego and Jake St Patrick. Luther continues to be the absolute best. And I think Fuego has had a power-up since the match with QT. He hits a couple of nasty looking DDTs, including a sick tornado on Luther that only misses a pin because of Serpentico intervening. I love the Chaos Project finisher. Apparently Jake St Patrick was in this match too?

6) KiLynn King vs Jazmin Allure. King is still working it out with the ring presentation. She's curiously goofy for a tall woman who could probably murder me. There's a slight clumsiness in-ring too although that's lessened a lot. The Giant Swing was nice but she needs to capitalise more. With her look she should be pushing the savage offense, not eking out a win.

7) Dark Order vs Ryzin, Vary Morales, Baron Black and Angel Fashion. A fun bunch of guys taking it in turns to chop the gently caress out of a dude's chest while a feral child does a dance on the stage. This is already fun, and when we get Angels vs Morales we get some fun high speed stuff.

8) Large Adult Gunns vs David Ali, Adam Priest, and Seth Gargis. Firearm enthusiasts the Gunn Club get jumped by scrubs before turning it around. What? This match is over already? Uh, okay.

9) Bear Country vs Brick Aldridge and Dean Alexander. Recruit Brick Aldridge as Bear Brick. He's their cub. Wait, this match is over already? Uh, okay.

10) Nick Comoroto vs Rome Hat. Commentary is talking about QT Marshall. D3 does some fun keep-away to avoid getting murdered by Big Nick, he has some fun kicks and flips out of a shoulder power move well, but then gets caught. The military press into fireman's carry powerslam is a murder move. My fantasy booking is that if they have a Nightmare Factory schism Comoroto comes with Marshall.

11) Varsity Blonds vs Jerell Nelson and Royce Isaacs. Nelson and Isaacs were good last night, let's see how they do here. Surprisingly even match. Nelson and Isaacs have some good "isolate and dominate" spots and some nice looking offense. Garrison and Pillman are as always athletic and enthusiastic in an 80s babyface way. Yeah, very fun match.

12) Madi Wrenkowski vs Vertvixen. Okay, so this is a test to see how ready either of these wrestlers are to run a match on their own. Let's see how it goes. Both of these women have impressed me before while following another wrestler, I'll be interested to see if they can lead. Lots of hard strikes to start, and lots of fast action. I couldn't tell if Vertvixen's slightly weird dropkick was a purposeful feint or a botch. Wrenkowski looks good in this match, her selling is great and she clearly has some skills, but I'll be honest I'm more impressed by Vertvixen, who really has something. Good match, loads of upside for these guys.

13) Aaron Solow and Carlie Bravo vs SCU. I loved how cagey Ogogo was when asked about what was happening at the Nightmare Factory. Very solid back and forth match. Solow remains one of the best workers on Dark, and someone I really want to see find his niche. Bravo fir a guy with less than a year in is very solid and has his character work down very well. This is a workrate match. Solow has a tremendous amount of shine. Bravo's high cross body got absolutely ludicrous air up there. There was only one way this was going to end but they had fun getting there.

14) Brian Cage and Ricky Starks vs Bad Romance. Team Taz look sore in several ways at once. A fun fight between enthusiasm and brutality. Starks continues to look flawless as a performer, Cage continues to look like a lab experiment. Hook continues to look like he robbed a gas station on his way to the arena. There's a few slow points in this match but overall this is really good. Janela does valiant dirtbag babyface well, Sonny couldn't be more lionhearted if he tried, and that works well against a team of a beast and a villain. The ending Cage power move and the sneaky Ricky pin and spear were both great. Especially how oblivious Ricky is to how angry Cage is.

Oh no please don't have Joey be mad with Sonny. I love them both.

15) Jack Evans vs 10. A good conflict between power and agility. Jack is scumbagging it up, 10 has some very good power moves, negative one is fun on commentary. Negative 1 is really on one tonight. Meanwhile in the ring, Evans is having a great singles outing. 10 is already a pretty solid singles guy and he and Evans are matching very well. I LOVE the 10 full nelson ragdoll, it's such a great look. Oh wow, 10 is a MESS at the end. Is that a mouth injury?

Perfectly enjoyable unit of lower card AEW wrestling.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

15) Jack Evans vs 10. A good conflict between power and agility. Jack is scumbagging it up, 10 has some very good power moves, negative one is fun on commentary. Negative 1 is really on one tonight. Meanwhile in the ring, Evans is having a great singles outing. 10 is already a pretty solid singles guy and he and Evans are matching very well. I LOVE the 10 full nelson ragdoll, it's such a great look. Oh wow, 10 is a MESS at the end. Is that a mouth injury?

10's lower lip exploded (i think during the full nelson thrashing) and I have a suspicion it's why the episode was made private on youtube due to risking demonitization for blood

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Alaois posted:

10's lower lip exploded (i think during the full nelson thrashing) and I have a suspicion it's why the episode was made private on youtube due to risking demonitization for blood

It looked gnarly, but hopefully nothing permanent.

I think the presence of the white mask probably made it look worse than it was as it absorbed and spread the blood.

On the other hand, GREAT visual. If 10 ever wants to look like an absolute maniac, he's now seen what his mask should look like.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
In Sammy's vlog you can see it pretty well and it looks pretty hosed up. Probably gonna take a week or two to heal.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

I think Jack did it with his top turnbuckle thing. There's a bit of red visible when Ten got up from that, and he immediately went into ragdolling Jack with a full nelson which doesn't seem like a finish you would book, but one you would improvise after eating a kneepad.
And yeah, I think YouTube demonetises for blood. I would imagine whoever edits Dark learned that yesterday too.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Any idea why this isnt on Youtube?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spuckuk posted:

Any idea why this isnt on Youtube?

i think i read somewhere recently it might've been demonitized for blood

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I can't find it on YouTube or Fite.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bean mom posted:

strongly disagree
note to anyone reading this thread: this screenshot is from the above poster

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
anyways... good dark!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Clearly wasn't the blood that got dark pulled down, seems like it was a botch in the first match that got cut

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
someone needs to print out the definition of "streisand effect" and nail it to Tony's clipboard

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I sure love it when people import drama into this, the AEW Dark Thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stunt_enby posted:

note to anyone reading this thread: this screenshot is from the above poster

veda scott sucks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

just ignore that weirdo and move on

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Glad it's back up, I stopped watching at the mandatory Gum Club match last night, if anything I should be rewarded for my smrtness

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's awesome what a bit of color can add to a product that runs mostly clean, especially when it's spontaneous and crazy out of control lol

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Camera guy knew. Zoom in on the blood, then pan to face.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jonny Nox posted:

Camera guy knew. Zoom in on the blood, then pan to face.

dudes already bleeding, no need to start whacking him with poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

2) Legit Leyla Hirsch vs Savannah Evans. Tall vs Small. Leyla hits a German suplex even before taking her jacket off. Evans has some decent power and takes a bully role well. She's got raw material that I really think a good trainer could turn into a great character. Pretty good back and forth but there's a few awkward points where one or the other of them is waiting for their opponent to do the next thing and it breaks my immersion. Hirsch looked strong, though.
I absolutely love the idea of a tiny powerhouse in the women's division. She's got a bit of a stocky build so she can make it look believable, and she's short enough to play around with momentum. Kind of reminds me of Taz in his prime, where everyone always towered over him but he would still wreck fools with suplexes. Put her on Team Taz imo.