Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
Anyone have any experience with Notctua's "heavy duty" cooling fans? https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F1...ps%2C215&sr=8-3

If so are they worth the extra 5 dollars over their mainline brown case fans? I'm looking to replace this crappy Fractal case fan I'm currently using for an exhaust.

mA fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

mA posted:

Anyone have any experience with Notctua's "heavy duty" cooling fans? https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F1...ps%2C215&sr=8-3

If so are they worth the extra 5 dollars over their mainline brown case fans? I'm looking to replace this crappy Fractal case fan I'm currently using for an exhaust.

That one goes up to 3000 rpms, they make a 2000rpm version.

Those are an older design tho so not really as impressive as the new stuff.

A12x25s are better but in high demand of course.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Are you going to be sitting in the same room as your PC? If you are, 3000 RPM industrial fans might be a bit overkill. If you're looking at those, I'd look at the Corsair ML fans. The Corsair ML are really quiet at low RPMs, but get loud when you run them at more than 85% speed, so they're sort of both a quiet fan when you need them to be and a quasi-server fan when you need them to be.

Vir fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 17, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

mA posted:

My understanding is that they are insanely loud as they are designed for servers

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
Thanks, all. I'll probably steer clear of that fan. It's probably overkill for my system.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
What are the current discords for GPU stock availability?

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry
I've been watching these for GPU notifications. Don't really know how quick they are to report. I did manage to get a 5600x off the stockinformer telegram channel though.

https://www.stockinformer.com/ has https://discord.gg/n7essmdM
and
https://www.nowinstock.net/ has https://discord.gg/DP5y9sYJ

I haven't seen a lot of notifications in the past week on these two. I'm sure there are others that someone can point you to.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

At a crossroads. I ordered

this pc posted:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6x 3.6GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling AMD Ryzen Wraith Spire CPU Cooler
Memory 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 8GB GDDR6
Motherboard ASRock B550 PRO 4

for ~$1400 today but it won't ship for 2 months. I just got a line on an almost new 3060ti from a friend for $400 shipped. I'm tempted to cancel the order and snag the 3060 and do the rest of the build myself so I can have more control over the brand/quality of the parts I can get.

Trying to keep the build in the ballpark of $1500, and knowing that I just need a case and everything inside it (besides the GPU already set aside) what are some suggestions for an overall build? SN550 for the M.2 drive of course but where is the sweet spot on CPU/motherboard? Is there one?

Uses: gaming, home pc stuff
Priorities: low profile (no RGB lighting, don't care about a window) but sound absorption would be great since it will live in my home office where I also work.

I don't have any special requirements or peripherals, I don't stream, I mostly want something I can build and not think about for at least a few years.

Sorry for the disjointed post, I'm on a phone since my ancient pc died recently and I'm trying to get something sooner rather than later. Timing is everything.

Edit: FWIW, I do have a Microcenter near me, however I can't order from Newegg.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 17, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Shooting Blanks posted:

for ~$1400 today but it won't ship for 2 months. I just got a line on an almost new 3060ti from a friend for $400 shipped. I'm tempted to cancel the order and snag the 3060 and do the rest of the build myself so I can have more control over the brand/quality of the parts I can get.

Yeah absolutely do this. You can easily afford the 5600x with a b550 board and still come in well under budget.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Shooting Blanks posted:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtknqp

A quick build I threw together for you in the Meshify 2, with no glass side panel. Chose a motherboard that includes a front panel USB C header to take advantage of the Meshify 2 properly. You can generally get good CPU/Motherboard deals at microcenter so could save a little here. No wifi because you didn't specify if you needed it or not, would be easy enough to add with an additional card if necessary or a change of motherboard. Indulgences include a 2TB SSD (honestly I just built with a 1TB SSD and I'm already planning on buying the 2TB SN550 because I ate up 1TB in about a month) and the best value/performance 3600 CL16 RAM. You could step up to 32GB of RAM in your budget if you think you'd need it with your workload and the games you play - Flight Simulator for example takes advantage of more RAM. But for most people 16GB is totally fine for now.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So I'm about to pull the trigger and start ordering things here, I'd just like to run things by folks first to make sure I'm not making any dumb mistakes. Since the time I picked it out and today, that motherboard has gone out of stock and the only ones left are 70 dollars more expensive. If anyone has any recommendations for equivalent or better, I'd love to hear them. Any small little improvements I could make for not much more money would be also be appreciated.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($148.90 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.97 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($6.85 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($173.06 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($53.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.49 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3 GB TWIN FROZR Video Card
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $678.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-17 07:03 EDT-0400

I'll be using the GPU from my old computer until such time as I can score a 3060 TI or better. I don't do 4K or VR right now but I may down the line.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So I'm about to pull the trigger and start ordering things here, I'd just like to run things by folks first to make sure I'm not making any dumb mistakes. Since the time I picked it out and today, that motherboard has gone out of stock and the only ones left are 70 dollars more expensive. If anyone has any recommendations for equivalent or better, I'd love to hear them. Any small little improvements I could make for not much more money would be also be appreciated.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($148.90 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.97 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($6.85 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($173.06 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $678.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-17 07:03 EDT-0400

I'll be using the GPU from my old computer until such time as I can score a 3060 TI or better. I don't do 4K or VR right now but I may down the line.

I got a Hyper 212 and although it's absolutely fine, it was by far the trickiest thing to install, and I ended up without a working pc for a couple weeks because I didn't have it secured properly. There are newer coolers that are only a tad more expensive which are much easier to install.
The CPU might be a lil weak by modern standards. I think if you're wanting to explore 2k/4k games with a new gen graphics card, you'll probably want to pair it with a beefier processor. I don't know a great deal about intels offerings, but Ryzen CPUs will be much better value for money for faster clock speeds. You should also save money on a Ryzen compatible motherboard - my B450m Zen2 motherboard cost me around £60 (although has no RGB headers, just the one NVME slot and only 2 RAM slots) and is doing just fine. But the next one up would still only be around £20 more. I'd suggest looking into Ryzen!

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
I'd prefer a Ryzen too, but the i5-10400F isn't the worst alternative if have no 3600 or 5600x available at a reasonable price.
Note that it is "only" 5 years warranty on that PSU, so prepare to replace it after five years.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So, how does something like this look?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $690.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-17 08:20 EDT-0400

This is about a 100 dollars more than I wanted to spend right now, but it seems like Intel chipset motherboards are hard to get right now so I'm gonna have to either way it seems.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

So, how does something like this look?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $690.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-17 08:20 EDT-0400

This is about a 100 dollars more than I wanted to spend right now, but it seems like Intel chipset motherboards are hard to get right now so I'm gonna have to either way it seems.

The previous motherboard you'd listed was mATX and this one is full size, just so you're aware. Your case should fit both though!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

If you want to save money don't bother buying a separate CPU cooler for the time being. Also even with the separate cooler you don't need extra thermal paste unless you mess up the application a number of times, most coolers include their own these days.

Definitely swap the SSD for an NVMe, you can get the SN550 500GB version for basically the same price and it's a lot faster.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

If you want to save money don't bother buying a separate CPU cooler for the time being. Also even with the separate cooler you don't need extra thermal paste unless you mess up the application a number of times, most coolers include their own these days.

Definitely swap the SSD for an NVMe, you can get the SN550 500GB version for basically the same price and it's a lot faster.

This one? I don't really know a lot about these, is it that much of a difference?

Edit: Also I'm picking up the thermal paste because if I'm gonna reuse my old card I'm gonna open it up and re-apply the thermal compound in there.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 17, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Depending on your use for the spinning drive you might be able to save yourself some cash and get a 5400 rpm drive. If you're mostly using the drive for storage (vs like, running applications) the decrease in speed won't make much difference. They're less noisy and tend to be less expensive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This one? I don't really know a lot about these, is it that much of a difference?

Edit: Also I'm picking up the thermal paste because if I'm gonna reuse my old card I'm gonna open it up and re-apply the thermal compound in there.

It's very similar performance but I like this one just a little more

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFF3JCN/ref=twister_B082KVPKQ5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&coliid=I9CS1YPB294AR&colid=3P5SU7GMQ4AIB

Might as well get faster ram too. Costs the same.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TRRT16?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Yah I looked up some comparisons on youtube, for boot times and loading it's a second or so faster, but it looks like it makes a notable difference with installations, so NVMe it is. Part picker is telling me using the M2 slot on the motherboard I've picked ties up two SATA slots, but since I'm not planning on having four HDDs in there, it's not an issue. And thanks for the heads up on the RAM.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Depending on your use for the spinning drive you might be able to save yourself some cash and get a 5400 rpm drive. If you're mostly using the drive for storage (vs like, running applications) the decrease in speed won't make much difference. They're less noisy and tend to be less expensive.

I'll be putting games where load times aren't as important, and some of the bulkier single player games on there, so I do care about the rpm. Appreciate the concern though.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 17, 2021

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm currently toying with the idea of going in for a VR headset so I can play flight simulators like DCS in VR. Specifically considering an HP Reverb G2. My current rig is i7 8700K and i think that's fine for the task, but I'm wondering if replacing the 1080 Ti is something I should consider or considering the prices of cards at the moment should I settle for what I have for the time being?

Outside of VR the computer is still handling everything I've thrown at it so I think if the 1080Ti can drive the Reverb G2 reliably then I don't feel that inclined to update.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'm currently toying with the idea of going in for a VR headset so I can play flight simulators like DCS in VR. Specifically considering an HP Reverb G2. My current rig is i7 8700K and i think that's fine for the task, but I'm wondering if replacing the 1080 Ti is something I should consider or considering the prices of cards at the moment should I settle for what I have for the time being?

Outside of VR the computer is still handling everything I've thrown at it so I think if the 1080Ti can drive the Reverb G2 reliably then I don't feel that inclined to update.

My 1060 handles every VR game I've thrown at it no problem. A 1080Ti will handle pretty much anything that's out there right now just fine.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Man that PSU arriving ten days after everything else is gonna kill me. Anyone got something comparable that's on Prime shipping?

Edit: Yah nevermind, this is the cost of being cheap.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 17, 2021

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE
So I've been waiting for almost a week for Cooler Master to get back to me about the Hyper 212 Evo V2 not fitting properly on my MSI B550 and have not heard a word yet. Their site says they're experiencing problems with their support ticketing system but I'm getting tired of waiting. Is there another CPU cooler the thread would recommend for a 5600x on a B550?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Admiral Snackbar posted:

So I've been waiting for almost a week for Cooler Master to get back to me about the Hyper 212 Evo V2 not fitting properly on my MSI B550 and have not heard a word yet. Their site says they're experiencing problems with their support ticketing system but I'm getting tired of waiting. Is there another CPU cooler the thread would recommend for a 5600x on a B550?

Scythe Mugen and Arctic Freezer 34 Duo are pretty popular and often recommended ITT

They're both going to be a lot easier to install than the 212 as well, as I understand it

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

Is that this Scythe Mugen?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Yup. There's also the Fuma 2 which has two fans but costs slightly more. Either is going to be better than the 212 and much, much easier to install

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Yup. There's also the Fuma 2 which has two fans but costs slightly more. Either is going to be better than the 212 and much, much easier to install

Ok I was hoping the situation would be this clear-cut. I'll grab the Mugen - thanks so much for your help!

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
For my new computer I'd like to have 2 2TB NVMe PCIe drives. It looks like this might be a case where a X570 motherboard would be preferable to a B550, but I wanted to check and make sure. The two drives would be a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO and a 2 TB WD SN550. The computer will be a customized prebuilt, but they don't offer the SN550, so I'll be adding that myself once the computer arrives.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So if I'm shooting for a 3060 Ti with my build, what other cards would be worth looking out for, just to increase my chances of actually getting a GPU?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Radeon 6700xt theoretically exists for $479 MSRP and it's a good card for 1440p gaming.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mu Zeta posted:

The Radeon 6700xt theoretically exists for $479 MSRP and it's a good card for 1440p gaming.

Doesn't this "release" tomorrow and will absolutely not be available?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: *Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($187.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($134.76 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)

GPU: a 3060 i already have

Is the cooling overkill on this? Any other issues?

Dollas fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 18, 2021

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

It’s not really that much better than your average big cooler and high-end gaming poo poo is really really high demand right now so you might be able to find a sale on a CPU cooler that isn’t on the tip of everyone’s tongue.

Corsair A500 High Performance Dual Fan CPU Cooler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829SLJSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CXPXYC0K2XAPHSY0QDJ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here’s a cooler that runs in the same class, half off.

Corsair’s‘s air cooler isn’t particularly popular because it doesn’t cool quite as well as the D 15 and that’s all anyone really cares about when they’re paying close to $100 for a cooler.

So therefore now it’s half off, enjoy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ghosts! posted:

For my new computer I'd like to have 2 2TB NVMe PCIe drives. It looks like this might be a case where a X570 motherboard would be preferable to a B550, but I wanted to check and make sure. The two drives would be a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO and a 2 TB WD SN550. The computer will be a customized prebuilt, but they don't offer the SN550, so I'll be adding that myself once the computer arrives.

Nope. The chipset is irrelevant in this case, you can find 2 (or more) M.2 NVMe slots on either. Neither the 970 Evo nor the SN550 are PCIe 4 so you're gaining nothing by having them on an x570 board over a b550. B550 boards come with one PCIe 4 M.2 slot and one PCIe 3, which considering the price and absolute lack of utility of PCIe 4 storage at the moment is absolutely plenty.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

spunkshui posted:

It’s not really that much better than your average big cooler and high-end gaming poo poo is really really high demand right now so you might be able to find a sale on a CPU cooler that isn’t on the tip of everyone’s tongue.

Corsair A500 High Performance Dual Fan CPU Cooler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829SLJSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CXPXYC0K2XAPHSY0QDJ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here’s a cooler that runs in the same class, half off.

Corsair’s‘s air cooler isn’t particularly popular because it doesn’t cool quite as well as the D 15 and that’s all anyone really cares about when they’re paying close to $100 for a cooler.

So therefore now it’s half off, enjoy

if i go with a 5800 instead would that still work?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Dollas posted:

if i go with a 5800 instead would that still work?

Yeah its like really really close to a D15.

I picked up our D15 for like 65 bucks a few years ago.

Buying “the best” right now comes with a massive premium because people other then broke teenagers are getting into PC gaming and they don’t seem to care about what things cost.

A12X25 fans sell out on Amazon randomly and get scalped for like 80 bucks.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Dollas posted:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: *Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($187.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($134.76 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)

GPU: a 3060 i already have

Is the cooling overkill on this? Any other issues?

For the 5600x the NH-D15 is overkill arguably. Not for the the 5800x, apparently it runs hotter. You don't need an x570 chipset but that one there isn't overpriced so *shrug* although the chipset fan might be annoying. The SN550 is an NVMe that performs basically as well as the Samsung for a good bit cheaper and is the thread standard recommendation for that reason. And 850W is way more power than that system needs, 650W would be plenty even with a 5800x.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Yo the Corsair A500 is not at all in the same class as the NH-D15S.

It can achieve similar performance to an NH-D15S by spinning it's tinier, louder fans at 2300+ RPM versus 1500 RPM for the NH-D15S: link.

I am by no means an expert or whatever the gently caress you want to call it, but there are some legitimately bad recommendations and info getting tossed around itt lately. The A500 is the thing you buy when the shelves are barren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I have a PC with an ATX board, NH-D15S, ASUS GTX1080 Turbo (blower) and 2 HDD, 2 SSD, and 1 NVME drive. I want to put the computer into the cabinet part of an Ikea Micke desk. It's got about 30cm of horizontal space, so my current Define R5 does not fit properly. What would be the smart way to do this? Happy to get a smaller case or take the door off of the desk. I'm thinking maybe a Define 7 Compact? Or would meshify make more sense?