Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Jamie Faith posted:

I can't believe I went to the trouble of acquiring and watching the Snyder dc movies so I could at least participate in these repetitive derails but now everyone is yelling about the least interesting McElroy brother instead :negative:

You're telling me the dude that love rent free in this entire website's heads is the least interesting one Has Justin been running a mars colony or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Grunch Worldflower posted:

You're telling me the dude that love rent free in this entire website's heads is the least interesting one Has Justin been running a mars colony or some poo poo?

Did an algorithm write this post

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Trust me, every movie is gonna have a Snyder Cut soon. And I don't just mean they'll be fan requested director cuts either they will all literally be called "Snyder Cuts".

Star Wars? Aliens? Robin Hood: Men in Tights? All gettin' a Snyder Cut.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Trust me, every movie is gonna have a Snyder Cut soon. And I don't just mean they'll be fan requested director cuts either they will all literally be called "Snyder Cuts".

Star Wars? Aliens? Robin Hood: Men in Tights? All gettin' a Snyder Cut.

Good

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Would the increase in the discourse of combining a Snyder Cut and TLJ be additive or multiplicative?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i go to a stylist and ask for a snyder cut, they make me into the joker

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The pediatrician actually told us recently that Snyder cuts are medically unnecessary so long as we teach proper hygiene.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Online Creators + Reviewers V: The Snyder Cut

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If it's supposed to be a better cut why is it longer than the original, that sounds like a bad cut

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I call it, if this turns a profit, alternate cuts are going to replace reboots in a few years time. No you don’t even have to wait to reboot a movie, we will probably see even less original material in cinema in the future.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waiting for the Solo real not hack version.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Wasn't Joe cancelled last year or did that go nowhere?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Just wait until you hear my pitch for a hot new minigolf course: The Snyder Putt.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ApeHawk posted:

your mom was cancelled

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Waiting for the Solo real not hack version.
Given Lord and Miller were originally on the team, I’d actually pay to see that.

Oh no, I’m part of the problem :ohdear:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

e X posted:

I call it, if this turns a profit, alternate cuts are going to replace reboots in a few years time. No you don’t even have to wait to reboot a movie, we will probably see even less original material in cinema in the future.

I'm cool with this.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Give us the Guillermo del Toro cut of the Hobbit

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

There could be a plague of films recut by their original director filling the home video bargain bins any year now!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pants Donkey posted:

Online Creators + Reviewers V: The Snyder Cut

Online Creators + Reviewers V Snyder: Dawn of Justice

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

thinking about how Sonic Adventure DX Director’s Cut wasn’t actually worked on by the director of Sonic Adventure

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ariong posted:

Online Creators + Reviewers V Snyder: Dawn of :justpost:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pants Donkey posted:

Given Lord and Miller were originally on the team, I’d actually pay to see that.

Oh no, I’m part of the problem :ohdear:

It’s okay to yell at Disney. They’re bastards

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

I chose Travis as my avatar because he's supremely awkward but incredibly confident and therefore drives goons insane lol.

you bought that avatar for yourself????????????? this is the real stolen valour

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 18, 2021

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Garrand posted:

Give us the Guillermo del Toro cut of the Hobbit

Oh no, he accidentally knocked the bag labeled "Silent Hills Stuff" into the machine that's creating the Hobbit Cut!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

McCloud posted:

So what did you think of Beavis? Inquiring minds want to know!

Whos Beavis?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

e X posted:

They kind of dipped a toe in already with the terrible "extra" footage re-release of endgame with that unfinished Hulk scene. So that might give them a little pause.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

I think it went nowhere because Joe lawyered up and sent a cease and desist to her. She then took down the medium page and that was about it.

But if anyone knows anything else, hit me up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ariong posted:

hot take. i'll take snyders who has dumb ideas/movies and dumb beliefs but is apparently overall a good dude who treats his actors/crews really really well over sacks of poo poo like whedon who do horrible poo poo but hide behind good politics any day of the week.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jamie Faith posted:

Whos Beavis?

Beavis nutz

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hot take. i'll take snyders who has dumb ideas/movies and dumb beliefs but is apparently overall a good dude who treats his actors/crews really really well over sacks of poo poo like whedon who do horrible poo poo but hide behind good politics any day of the week.

I think that's fair, as long as the former aren't using their cash to let other people be assholes (which I don't think Snyder does, just to be clear).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dias posted:

I think that's fair, as long as the former aren't using their cash to let other people be assholes (which I don't think Snyder does, just to be clear).

yeah. like i am not a fan of many of snyders movies and i don't care for his politics often, but i have never actually heard anything bad bad about the man himself. Whedon just sickens me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Only time Snyder showed his politics is when he tweeted that Biden Wisconsin ad on twitter. I believe he's on record for voting for Obama too. He's just a typical hollywood liberal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Only time Snyder showed his politics is when he tweeted that Biden Wisconsin ad on twitter. I believe he's on record for voting for Obama too. He's just a typical hollywood liberal.

i thought he was some weird objectivist?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:smithicide:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This is something weirdo critics like Devin faraci started to push.

He just liked an ayn rand book

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jimbot posted:

I always ignore the whole objectivist discussion because yeah, he's a Hollywood rich liberal, of course dumb poo poo that talks about exceptional individuals appeals to him! He makes superhero movies!

I'd take more of his bad films over poo poo people like Whedon, frankly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

This is something weirdo critics like Devin faraci started to push.

He just liked an ayn rand book

huh. ok. also of course its faraci who pushed it. are all super woke sounding white dude critics perverts. because it seems like a trend.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That seems to be a somewhat common thing and honestly I don't blame people for coming to that conclusion when they hear he wants to adapt The Fountainhead (which is on indefinite hold now) but in the same interview he explains why and basically calls Rand insane who drank her own koolaid.

I think everyone should check out Legend of the Guardians. Even if you're not a fan of Snyder that film is a really good animated film aimed at kids. Probably his shorted film. Extremely good animation and voice work.

Edit: Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Devin Faraci.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Comic Book Debate posted:

Zack Snyder: “The Fountainhead… It’s still important to me, but it’s a really touchy subject right now. People will think it’s hardcore right wing propaganda, but I don’t view it like that. I just think the story is super fun and crazy and melodramatic about architecture and sex.” He added, “It’s about time we get a different president so we don’t take poo poo so seriously!”

He told me about a conversation he had had with a woman who wrote a book about Rand, and how the woman told him that during conservative regimes, Rand became very unpopular but during liberal regimes, she became popular again. “Not because they’re looking for it, or afraid of it, it’s because of the seriousness with which Rand is viewed varies in regime and power.”

Zack Snyder: “I think she’s incredible and insane and she’s always said story first, not regarding her politics. But it was easy for her to fall victim to her own popularity, and she drank her own Kool-Aid.” Snyder starts laughing. “She didn’t give a gently caress. If she was alive right now she would’ve loving murdered Donald Trump. She didn’t even like Reagan! She thought he was a nationalist. But I’m rambling now, sorry!”

I think he's a bit of an idiot sometimes but his politics seem okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

That seems to be a somewhat common thing and honestly I don't blame people for coming to that conclusion when they hear he wants to adapt The Fountainhead (which is on indefinite hold now) but in the same interview he explains why and basically calls Rand insane who drank her own koolaid.

I think everyone should check out Legend of the Guardians. Even if you're not a fan of Snyder that film is a really good animated film aimed at kids. Probably his shorted film. Extremely good animation and voice work.

Edit: Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Devin Faraci.

i like some of his stuff. i think snyder is great at adapting something directly with small changes and look great. he is not good when he is given full creative control. you get misunderstandings of superman or stupidly dark poo poo and other weird dumb descions. part of that isnt his fault. personally, i liked watchmen a bunch and i did like some of his changes(i liked that nite owl and rorschach are sorta friends more and i like that he sees rorschach get voiped, i dont like his changes with veidt but i get it. i dont think he is some deep genius or anything, but i don't think he is the worst ever. i think he has his weakspots and the DC movies show them hard.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 18, 2021