Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

what about the 15% who don't like your dog. Don't they deserve to come to work and not have to deal with a dog that bites, but badly? Pretty amazing statement overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tricky D posted:

i'm coming 'round to the idea that it's not biden that's fake in that video, but the press presence.

That seemed obvious to me, I didn't realize people actually thought Biden himself was being faked

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
It was real bizarre hearing NPR suck Biden's dick this morning about the progressive stimulus action of a temporary single-digit percent reduction in the out of pocket maximums for those people who do not qualify for subsidized ACA plans.

We are so far from where we need to be

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Mar 17, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/yamamanda/status/1372195728890675206?s=19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1372294877925478400?s=20

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Honestly that's pretty mask-off for CAP right now when there's attention focused on them b/c of Neera. Do they have any cred left with left-leaning libs to burn, or nah?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pigz posted:

what about the 15% who don't like your dog. Don't they deserve to come to work and not have to deal with a dog that bites, but badly? Pretty amazing statement overall.

yeah i wouldn’t want a big german shepherd coming up to me at work and licking me

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Organ Fiend posted:

They're trying to get us used to the idea of President Harris.

especially when it comes to foreign policy, the one resume-filler for which harris is lacking, as was pointed out in the primary debates.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fifteen percent of whitehouse staffers reported mauled to death by Major Biden

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yang ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Honestly that's pretty mask-off for CAP right now when there's attention focused on them b/c of Neera. Do they have any cred left with left-leaning libs to burn, or nah?

they read the word progress/progressive and think its woke and epic op. very simple.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
you ever work in dog-friendly offices? definitively a land of contrasts. i buy that %

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That seemed obvious to me, I didn't realize people actually thought Biden himself was being faked

If its the mics being faked, then why is the one mic clipping under Biden's arm. It seems like it would trivial to just superimpose the mics over the video of Biden. On the other hand, if the original video had no Biden, but had the mics, then adding Biden introduces the complicated problem of superimposing Biden over the background, but not over the mics in the foreground. In this scenario, its easier to see how you might get a clipping error.

Really though, it doesn't matter whether its the mics being superimposed on Biden, Biden being edited into a video containing the mics, or a completely CGI Biden. The point is that they had so little confidence in Biden's physical and mental capacity that they did not allow Biden to walk from the white house, give two simple canned answers, and then walk to the chopper on live camera.

The old rapist is dying.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Smythe posted:

you ever work in dog-friendly offices? definitively a land of contrasts. i buy that %

If my office dog was threatening to one out of ten passers by I would be asked never to bring him back to the office.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
85% of the people who interacted with cujo enjoyed the experience

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Biden has not sexually harassed 85% of the women he has interacted with this week.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

If my office dog was threatening to one out of ten passers by I would be asked never to bring him back to the office.

dog with brass knuckles, switchblade, glaring menacingly at the mail guy, receptionist, gary

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

DoomTrainPhD posted:

It makes sense. He's never been great with boundaries.

i didnt quote this post earlier but i thought about it like three times today and laughed, good job

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i had a boss who brought her dog to work it was this little terrier type dog and it was pretty cool but it would stand by my desk and bark at the shadows cast by the skylights for like hours sometimes lol. stupid rear end dog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

It makes sense. He's never been great with boundaries.

lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

god this poo poo is loving me up so bad

i'm not gonna deny that there whatever was going on in the brain>>>dick relationship for the shooter here could be described as racist but jesus loving christ he was killing them because they were sex workers and the conversation ppl should be having right now, is whether or not any of those women would have been in those places if backpages still existed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Mirthless posted:

god this poo poo is loving me up so bad

i'm not gonna deny that there whatever was going on in the brain>>>dick relationship for the shooter here could be described as racist but jesus loving christ he was killing them because they were sex workers and the conversation ppl should be having right now, is whether or not any of those women would have been in those places if backpages still existed

they probably would have, because if they were indeed sex workers at asian massage parlors the likelihood of them being trafficked is very high

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

joepinetree posted:

85% of the people who interacted with cujo enjoyed the experience

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

a Loving Dog posted:

they probably would have, because if they were indeed sex workers at asian massage parlors the likelihood of them being trafficked is very high

I guess maybe we should legalize and regulate prostitution

...Nope, nope, now is not the time. Now, is the time to talk about anti-asian racism.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mirthless posted:

...Nope, nope, time for a conversation about anti-asian racism

Why does it have to be either or

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Why does it have to be either or

Ask society why they can't focus on more than one thing at once I've given up trying to figure it out at this point

Also this probably wasn't motivated by racism unless you're torturing the definition pretty badly

These women were targeted because they were sex workers, not because they were asian. The conversation should be about sex workers.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Mar 17, 2021

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Mirthless posted:

...Nope, nope, time for a conversation about anti-asian racism

what i personally would like to see, since defund the police is never ever goign to happen so we're stuck with them, is for the policing resources to go towards catching the actual traffickers rather than focusing on the johns and the sex workers. but im sure enough of the right palms are greased at a high enough level that it rarely happens.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/DoctorFishbones/status/1372205582191620097?s=20

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mirthless posted:

Ask society why they can't focus on more than one thing at once I've given up trying to figure it out at this point

What I mean is, why do you feel like the discussion about anti-asian racism precludes a discussion about sex work and human trafficking, both discussions can be had at the same time. It seems like you resent the discussion of anti-asian racism for stealing the spotlight from other issues which you feel are more important.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Blockade posted:

Why is Kamala the one doing this and not Biden?

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1370164576222912513

The Director General's feet were just too hot to include in this one but Kamala approves

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

What I mean is, why do you feel like the discussion about anti-asian racism precludes a discussion about sex work and human trafficking, both discussions can be had at the same time. It seems like you resent the discussion of anti-asian racism for stealing the spotlight from other issues which you feel are more important.

Because I can already see it visibly precluding that discussion

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

But Mirthless is correct that capitalist media won't permit a televised conversation that includes both? I might be wrong but I don't think Mirthless actually approves of the capital-imposed dilemma here...

It can be true that both 1. having a conversation about both sex worker rights and anti-asian racism at the same time is possible, good, and revolutionary and 2. capital will fight to keep that exact thing from adequately occurring, and that is worth mocking (which Mirthless just did) and also fighting (which Mirthless might already do!) :shrug:

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Mar 17, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Every day momala is become more hotter and hotter

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

not gonna lie, it had me for the first half

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

Fifteen percent of whitehouse staffers reported mauled to death by Major Biden
Major won't bite you if you're making over $75,000 a year

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's a lot of anti-asian racism within the sex work industry. The thing that complicates matters is when Asians are the ones sex trafficking asians, but that's not so hard I saw Leathal Weapon 4 just arrest the slaver asians and release anyone found in a shipping container.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
this is a pretty funny thread

https://twitter.com/commieactivity/status/1372267889793843207

https://twitter.com/commieactivity/status/1372278922897993734

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mirthless posted:

Because I can already see it visibly precluding that discussion

Ruzihm posted:

But Mirthless is correct that capitalist media won't permit a televised conversation that includes both? I might be wrong but I don't think Mirthless actually approves of the capital-imposed dilemma here...

It can be true that both 1. having a conversation about both sex worker rights and anti-asian racism at the same time is possible, good, and revolutionary and 2. capital will fight to keep that exact thing from adequately occurring, and that is worth mocking (which Mirthless just did) and also fighting (which Mirthless might already do!) :shrug:
okay yeah, I was misinterpreting and assigning personal intent to the post when there wasn't any, my bad. I see what you're saying and agree

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Man how do you not just look at this fucker and immediately clock he is not someone you should listen to. I'm not a generational warfare guy but what the heck is wrong with the dang zoomers