Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

say what you will about vaushites but no vietcong ever called me a tankie

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Ruzihm posted:

lold irl

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

e: delayed double post

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Victory Position posted:

There is a transparency in guessing the number that is completely lacking in the current system of mod appointments.

i would take the ancient greek tradition of choosing by lots and laughing at who ever got stuck with the crap job over

comedyblissoption posted:

a forum cop is someone who enforces their bad decisions and doesnt tolerate sass even when the community overwhelmingly tells them they suck rear end

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Ruzihm posted:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

Lol

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm going on posting strike. I'm going to withhold my good posts and only make bad posts until modding improves and the posters are freed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ruzihm posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A Russian troll farm posted:

I'm going on posting strike. I'm going to withhold my good posts and only make bad posts until modding improves and the posters are freed

I was doing this before it was cool

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

A Russian troll farm posted:

please start soon!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's frustrating to see this form get worse and worse because of bad mod decisions

THS
Sep 15, 2017

most of the mods here could push their buttons 90% less and immediately become much better

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Abolish mods, establish a democratic centralist system where moderation decisions are arrived at by community vote and implemented by figureheads

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ruzihm posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ruzihm posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ruzihm posted:

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

apropos to nothing posted:

the grey forums are as a rule a terrible place to exist and is why I stick to the pink forum where joy is allowed. there are sitting us congress people who call them concentration camps which imo qualifies it as a mainstream and not at all fringe position to be putting forward even for liberals but the mods do not want any actual debate or discussion to happen in the debate and discussion forum. even in this the fyad-lite joke politics forum the mods are ridiculous and heavy handed and dont take any input from the community so i shant be posting here much if at all anymore. free larry, they all act like i and others are saying how dare you punish him but its the ban specifically, hes poor as poo poo and will never pay to be unbanned, dont know about the other couple people. if it was for a week or even the month thats still unfair imo but they will come back eventually but now theyre just gone. the whole forum is like this where every sub and even thread becomes its own clique or echo chamber so theres no sense of community left and people are just very quick to remove people forever at the slightest provocation and often just because a mod is pissed and doesnt like them.

youre one of the few good posters left in this extremely dumb forum pls stick around

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ruzihm posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ruzihm posted:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this thread has gone from fyad lite to full fyad, there's just literally nothing happening but emptyquotes

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao at getting mad that funny things worth emptyquoting are being posted more often now

not laughing at all at squizzle's lame joke probe.
Mods: Be Better

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dustcat posted:

this thread has gone from fyad lite to full fyad, there's just literally nothing happening but emptyquotes

stfu nerd

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Dustcat posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ruzihm posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Dustcat posted:

you knew what was going to happen when you posted this.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

turd in my singlet posted:

Abolish mods, establish a democratic centralist system where moderation decisions are arrived at by community vote and implemented by figureheads

I have long argued that modding, mod selection, etc. should reflect the unique needs of the subforum. Someone made a joke post a while ago that everyone who posts in TFR should be able to probate any other TFR poster, and that if 2 or 3 people probe the same post that the poster should be banned instead.

Likewise, I think that CSPAM mod selection and rule making should be set up like the people's democratic structures of Cuba or DPRK.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Dustcat posted:

we're no longer allowed to question the Official Bellingcat Approved Doctrines so

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i suspect bringing democracy to cspam modding would end up with the same mods but who knows

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Dreylad posted:

i suspect bringing democracy to cspam modding would end up with the same mods but who knows

as to be expected whenever the state department brings democracy to any given location

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i suggest a lottery system with a community recall vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

spinning the wheel on random active posters with a veto system on actual shitheads would be better than moderators picking other moderators