Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

anyway my monitor is just four g3 iMacs I've cyberpunked into one crt array

Pics, if you don't mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think I've exhausted what I'm going to get out of Empire of Sin. It seems like The Romeros are going to keep working on it and there's at least one upcoming patch I see in a dev branch, which is good because man that is a game that certainly has potential and uh, maybe not too much else.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Cyber Shadow is a really cool Ninja Gaiden style throwback. Good music and level design. It's got a good difficulty level where it reminds me of those old games but isn't bullshit hard in the way those old games are. One of the main things I remember about Ninja Gaiden is birds swooping in as you jump over gaps making you fall to your death. Cyber Shadow hasn't had any of that in the first couple of levels. It's neat! On game pass if you've got that.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://twitter.com/studiozaum/status/1372232520880816128?s=21

heck yeah been waiting for this to play through again

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I love it when companies wait until something is done to announce it, less than 2 weeks heck yeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Controller support, finally

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been wanting to see why people are so into disco elysium but I also have mons to hun so it'll have to wait a while

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Hey-ho, since theres another lockdown in here and its impossible to go and play Pool, is there any new good game to play snooker/pool, or is VP4 still a king?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

WRT Sword City talk: the other game, Savior of Sapphire Wings, seems really cool so far. The "heart = death" mechanic is out, and is replaced with a...social link system. Doing battles increases your social links, where you can then have little dialogues in base that give you new skills and Union Skills. Higher social links also mean more bonus EXP for your teammates, and your party's total average social link level gives the MC their EXP bonus. Taking big damage hits or dying will lower your social link levels. The level curve is also way different - I just finished the tutorial zone and my party is like, level 5-7, so levels come fast and you're getting new skills often. I haven't unlocked Alchemy (cooking) yet, but the other forms of meta-progression are cool. Killing specific enemy types increases your damage against them after hitting certain milestones. For gear, you want to take it to the Furnace and melt it down to increase your gear level, which permanently increases the quality of all respective loot in the game (melting down armor means all armor is now stronger).

It's also been pretty easy so far? I had a party member die once because I was just AFK autobattling and hadn't left to heal in a long time. I beat the two bosses so far no problem as well. Hoping it doesn't spike too hard, I'm on Normal difficulty which is as high as it goes.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

Hey-ho, since theres another lockdown in here and its impossible to go and play Pool, is there any new good game to play snooker/pool, or is VP4 still a king?

I've always been partial to the Yakuza series for pool, but I don't think that's a valid suggestion for you.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I've always been partial to the Yakuza series for pool, but I don't think that's a valid suggestion for you.

Yeah it might be bit too much for just picking and playing few matches.. Tho i've been trying to get myself to Yakuza universe, been hearing so much good about it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Simone Magus posted:

I love it when companies wait until something is done to announce it, less than 2 weeks heck yeah

speaking of this, the trailer dropped for the second doom eternal dlc and it's out tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going back for an ultra nightmare playthrough assuming dlc doesn't suck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Simone Magus posted:

They announced the Final Cut at the Game Awards in December though?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kerrzhe posted:

very little surprises me these days but i am actually somehow surprised that Persona 5 Strikers is not in fact a soccer game

I was super disappointed when i realised this lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

speaking of this, the trailer dropped for the second doom eternal dlc and it's out tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going back for an ultra nightmare playthrough assuming dlc doesn't suck

i should try and finish the first dlc but it's really hard :(

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kerrzhe posted:

I should really finish the first Doom :devil:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe posted:

it's definitely tough and in places it's pretty mean. overall I really liked dlc 1 but there are a few spots where i said 'oh gently caress you' out loud

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 17, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I was super disappointed when i realised this lol

Is that Captain Tsubasa game any good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that Captain Tsubasa game any good

I've downloaded the demo but not gave it a try yet :cheeky:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Pics, if you don't mind

get out of your posts and into my dreams

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/investor-group-pissed-activision-blizzard-ceo-is-getting-a-200-million-payout/1100-6488906/

quote:

Investor firm CtW Investment Group is reporting that Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is poised to receive a huge cash payout to the tune of $200 million. According to a statement, the firm is none too happy about this, as it appears to come as part of a loophole in the system. Right up front it bears mentioning that CtW is an activist investor group that has a mission to hold directors and executives accountable for what they describe as irresponsible and unethical corporate behavior. The numbers they reported appear to stem from their own calculations.

Kotick will reportedly receive this massive payout thanks to the "Shareholder Value Creation Incentive" provision in his employment agreement. This loophole allows Kotick to receive a full performance equity payout from previous years regardless of whether company milestones were reached. As a result and in the face of the company's share price increasing over 66 percent since December 2019, Kotick will get cash rewards dating back to 2017.

Oh well, hope those 50 employees he just laid off enjoy their $200 Battle.net gift cards

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Activision exists to funnel money into Bobbo's bank account at any cost. It's incredible.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Corporations are meat grinders oiled with the blood of their employees, all hail Capitalism.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Shareholder Value Creation Incentive"

The satire can't keep up

May 8, 2006

drat it would be sick if bobby kotick died

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

drat it would be sick if bobby kotick died

but then he has a 50/50 chance of winning in the gulag and resurrecting though

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021
I feel like after NFTs there's no way to do satire about tech capitalism ever again. It's like the endgame boss of stupid poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
CEOs literally fire hundreds of employees while awarding themselves millions of dollars in bonus and somehow this is not class warfare

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
He could have given each laid off employee $1,000,000 and still had a $150 million dollar bonus.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

CEOs literally fire hundreds of employees while awarding themselves millions of dollars in bonus and somehow this is not class warfare

It's only a war if both sides are shooting

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would like it very much if my cat would stop puking on my loving bed

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

man, gently caress

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kerrzhe posted:

very little surprises me these days but i am actually somehow surprised that Persona 5 Strikers is not in fact a soccer game

I would unironically be more interested in playing a 100 hour long soccer game than 100 hours of Musou-esque combat.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

i would like it very much if my cat would stop puking on my loving bed

How old is it? We had a problem with that years back, turned out the brand of cat food we were feeding her (Whiskas I think?) was too rich so she kept throwing up afterwards. Switched to Felix with gravy and that sorted it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Chat thread!

I am, once again, asking for your posts.

Someone in... I think it was the Steam thread but I can't find the post once shared a screenshot of their Steam categories and they were separated by "Energy levels", having Low/Mid/High/Weird energy categories, which I think it's a brilliant way of deciding what to play depending on where your head's at.

So, thread, tell me about your "low energy" games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

triple town and everyday genius squarelogic

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Picross. I play it every day even when I can't bring myself to play anything else.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
When I don't have a lot of energy, I read instead of playing games. Otherwise, I guess roguelikes and other turn-based stuff that doesn't require me to be constantly paying attention would be it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Start selling NFTs of good posts as a way to raise money for charity imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, thread, tell me about your "low energy" games.

I guess replaying an old SNES game or something I've played a million times like Super Metroid