Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Man gently caress this stupid country. A friend of mine was asked to resign her job because she wouldn't go into their office on a daily basis until she and her family who are immunocompromised received the vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That's some bullshit. Can you sue for that, or did one of the stimulus bills last year protect companies against that sort of thing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just how stupid is the snyder cut

generally speaking

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Man gently caress this stupid country. A friend of mine was asked to resign her job because she wouldn't go into their office on a daily basis until she and her family who are immunocompromised received the vaccine.

I like how we’ve vaccinated <10% of our population and every government shithead is just ready to slam the doors wide open.

I’m so tired of everything being so stupid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Fifty Three posted:

wtf man I'm literally watching through it right now and I thought I was safe not clicking on any spoilers :(

Ah balls man I’m sorry, I didnt think/know anyone else was watching it too. I’ll be sure to spoiler anything else going forward.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You guys watching that poo poo is why enabling bad behavior for these studios.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I've had electricians/plumbers/others fixing and upgrading some stuff beyond my skill level for several months, and not one single one has ever come to my door wearing a mask. Nobody pitches a fit when I ask, but I do have to ask, and that bothers me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

That's some bullshit. Can you sue for that, or did one of the stimulus bills last year protect companies against that sort of thing?

No idea! A major reason why they want her to go in is to handle their mail (even though she's HR), so she said she would pop in a couple times a week on off hours, but nope!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FizFashizzle posted:

just how stupid is the snyder cut

generally speaking

I watched the first two chapters and its fine. A lol amount of slow mo usage and some weird music choices.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Amazon us supposedly getting a lot of PS5s today for those who may be interested in trying to get a PS5

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

You guys watching that poo poo is why enabling bad behavior for these studios.

Inject it into my veins

e: or was this about Snyder cut?

e2: FOUR HOURS?!

e3: Why the gently caress is this in 4:3?

oh "snyder's creative vision" jesus gently caress this guy

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 18, 2021

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GD_American posted:

I've had electricians/plumbers/others fixing and upgrading some stuff beyond my skill level for several months, and not one single one has ever come to my door wearing a mask. Nobody pitches a fit when I ask, but I do have to ask, and that bothers me.

I haven't met or seen a single tradesman wearing a mask since all this started. My buddy works for a small (10ish employees) welding and fab shop, he's the only one that wears a mask.

Hes also the only one to not get covid.

Just made breakfast on my camp griddle (2 burner propane stove with a cast iron griddle that just lays on 1 burner) and somehow, in 30mph wind gusts, managed to perfectly fry 2 eggs over easy. Didn't even break a yolk!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

GD_American posted:

I'm surprised the company policy wouldn't be to show up with a mask and wear it unless the homeowner indicates otherwise, but maybe location affects that a bit. We've had things delivered from Best Buy and Menards in the last couple of months. The delivery drivers all had masks on getting out of their trucks and the entire time I interacted with them, which was 100% outside.

e: Yeah also this

iwentdoodie posted:

I haven't met or seen a single tradesman wearing a mask since all this started. My buddy works for a small (10ish employees) welding and fab shop, he's the only one that wears a mask.

Two guys from the painting crew working on our building remodel at work walked into the bathroom while I was in there, and on my way out I saw they both had masks protecting their just their chins.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Inject it into my veins

e: or was this about Snyder cut?

e2: FOUR HOURS?!

e3: Why the gently caress is this in 4:3?

oh "snyder's creative vision" jesus gently caress this guy

Reviews are shockingly positive but one guy brings up Mercedes like 5 times so apparently the brand placement broke his brain. Is it worse than other big budget movies?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 18, 2021

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Terminator 4 (or is it 9) looking sharp

https://twitter.com/espnW/status/1372216381756862468

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Superman needs to be gritty and dark.

I will say that Marvel has absolutely perfected the recipe for making super hero movies that can appeal to mass audiences, including kids. I’m not sure what the last movie DC made that could’ve been enjoyable for kids (or adults for that matter).

Off the top of my head, Shazam!, Aquaman, and the Wonder Woman movies. Now we can debate if they're good but I think we can agree they're more aimed for an all-ages audience.

iwentdoodie posted:

Just made breakfast on my camp griddle (2 burner propane stove with a cast iron griddle that just lays on 1 burner) and somehow, in 30mph wind gusts, managed to perfectly fry 2 eggs over easy. Didn't even break a yolk!
The couple times I've had repair folks to my house this last year they've all worn masks & PPE. They also all had waivers regarding COVID-19 with requests that I too wear a mask in my own home while they were there (which I did).

Hell yeah camp stove eggs rule. I'm a big fan of boiling cubed potatoes the night before then frying them up the next morning when they got all nice & cold. Somehow that makes the best home fries.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

Off the top of my head, Shazam!, Aquaman, and the Wonder Woman movies. Now we can debate if they're good but I think we can agree they're more aimed for an all-ages audience.

Shazam! was good, the first Wonder Woman was good, second was hot garbage. Aquaman was...eh....I liked Momoa in it but everyone else wasnt great

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If I want to play cool PC games like Diablo 2 remastered and Valheim, what kind of computer do I need

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

The couple times I've had repair folks to my house this last year they've all worn masks & PPE. They also all had waivers regarding COVID-19 with requests that I too wear a mask in my own home while they were there (which I did).

Hell yeah camp stove eggs rule. I'm a big fan of boiling cubed potatoes the night before then frying them up the next morning when they got all nice & cold. Somehow that makes the best home fries.

Maybe she's a tad young but we watched Wonder Woman with my 5 year old daughter that loves Wonder Woman and she was bored as hell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Maybe she's a tad young but we watched Wonder Woman with my 5 year old daughter that loves Wonder Woman and she was bored as hell.

the first or sequel?

the first was...fine, I guess.

the sequel was complete dogshit.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Shazam I have not watched, but yea I could see that being for kids. Aquaman and WW I found so boring that I don't know how any kids could have enjoyed them. They mostly seemed void of any kind of humor.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GD_American posted:

That's nuts! Difference between living in the DC metro versus elsewhere I guess. I've had a ton of contractors and they've all worn masks without question.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

FizFashizzle posted:

the first or sequel?

the first was...fine, I guess.

the sequel was complete dogshit.

Yeah the first one.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah, they required our team to return to the office every other week back in June which is loving dumb on its own right, but they allowed exception requests to be submitted and granted my case no problem. I have to submit a written extension request every month and a half or so. Yesterday morning I sent an email to all of my supervisors basically saying “partner is now on home hospice and I’m gonna need to request to remain at home indefinitely” and I haven’t heard a peep from any of them so now I’m just anxious and waiting for the “lol get hosed turn in your laptop by the end of the day” email.

iwentdoodie posted:

My best friend works in a weld shop and everyone was required to wear masks per our state’s mandate. Until everyone on the shop floor found out everyone in the office never even started wearing masks and were like uhh what the gently caress, if they’re not then we’re not. Instead of management going “What the gently caress office people, wear your masks” they went “Huh good point, carry on” and now my friend has basically been the only guy in the building wearing a mask for the last six months. Him and his wife just had their first child back in May so he’s none too happy about all of it, but he has managed to not get Covid yet to his knowledge thankfully.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Superman needs to be gritty and dark.

Is this serious? Because that is the last thing Superman needs. He's not the goddamn Batman.

Let him be a beacon of hope and not Frank Miller's grimdark version.

If you want a grim and dark Superman, make an Injustice movie. I'd watch that.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Pron on VHS posted:

If I want to play cool PC games like Diablo 2 remastered and Valheim, what kind of computer do I need

As far as I understand it, Diablo 2 remaster is just a 3d renderer running ontop of the original game code so, shouldn't need much in terms of PC power to run the game.

Valheim recommended specs suggest a GTX 970 so anything from the last 6 years or so?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We already have gritty Superman.

It’s Homelander.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

It’s Homelander.

There was a movie two years ago, Brightburn, something like that. It was basically the Superman story but if he grew up evil instead. That was interesting but I doubt it gets a sequel.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shazam I have not watched, but yea I could see that being for kids. Aquaman and WW I found so boring that I don't know how any kids could have enjoyed them. They mostly seemed void of any kind of humor.

You should check it out, especially if you ever watched Chuck. I really like Zachary Levi

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this serious? Because that is the last thing Superman needs. He's not the goddamn Batman.

Let him be a beacon of hope and not Frank Miller's grimdark version.

If you want a grim and dark Superman, make an Injustice movie. I'd watch that.

No I wasn't being serious, just imitating what a bunch of WB execs were saying.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No I wasn't being serious, just imitating what a bunch of WB execs were saying.

Whew, thank you.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LeeMajors posted:

It’s .

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

If you're looking to build, the video card is going to be the bottleneck right now. Quarantine shortages of supplies combined with them being used to mine crypto means people are selling 5 year old cards for prices above what they were new. That being said, if you're patient and flexible, you can probably find a deal on something in the 900 or 1000 series for a reasonable price.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

There was a movie two years ago, Brightburn, something like that. It was basically the Superman story but if he grew up evil instead. That was interesting but I doubt it gets a sequel.

He didn't grow up evil, he's evil by nature. He actually grows up in a loving home but when he comes into contact with his spaceship it tells him to be evil and he does without question including murdering his uncle, breaking a girl's hand for not liking him after he breaks into her room to watch her sleep and murdering her mom

Yes, I watched it. It wasn't great

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

He didn't grow up evil, he's evil by nature. He actually grows up in a loving home but when he comes into contact with his spaceship it tells him to be evil and he does without question including murdering his uncle, breaking a girl's hand for not liking him after he breaks into her room to watch her sleep and murdering her mom

Fair point, that's what happened. It's been awhile since I saw it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Intruder posted:

:hai:

We watched that and Freaky a couple weeks ago. Both were fine. I think I liked Freaky more because I'm way more into comedy. My wife preferred Brightburn because Freaky was pretty dumb.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Fair point, that's what happened. It's been awhile since I saw it.

I didn't mean to be pedantic for no reason, it's actually a problem I have with the movie. Grows up in a normal home with loving parents who have occasional normal problems/arguments, instantly becomes evil and murderous the second he finds out he has powers and is told by his spaceship to do so. Kind of dumb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I didn't mean to be pedantic for no reason, it's actually a problem I have with the movie. Grows up in a normal home with loving parents who have occasional normal problems/arguments, instantly becomes evil and murderous the second he finds out he has powers and is told by his spaceship to do so. Kind of dumb

Well, I'm sure we all know some people who were raised in homes with good and loving parents that turned out to be pure assholes. They just didn't have superpowers. Maybe those same assholes would be killer assholes if they had Superman's powers, but who knows.

Puberty is a bitch man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1372557069312753676

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Holy gently caress dude, could you say something possibly dumber?