Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Holy gently caress dude, could you say something possibly dumber?

somewhere Matt Gaetz was just filled with a sense of purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So was this the racism series?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Redskins had the worse name, that Indians logo is so loving awful. I seriously can’t believe it took them this long to abandon that logo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Braves mascot looks fabulous with his lipstick though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Cleveland mascot looks like he's next to today's newspaper as a proof of life

Edit actually I know where I've seen that face

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

I've had electricians/plumbers/others fixing and upgrading some stuff beyond my skill level for several months, and not one single one has ever come to my door wearing a mask. Nobody pitches a fit when I ask, but I do have to ask, and that bothers me.

I have experienced this too and my theory on this is that if you come without the mask, the kind of person who wants you to wear one will just ask, but if you come with a mask, and the owner is an anti-masker they might pitch a fit so it's conflict avoidance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Start with those guys who just got busted on a phone call trying to ensure that those companies kept their energy profits from the February freeze.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This kind of behavior or speech not getting immediately called out on the floor is totally enabling all these batshit racist politicians.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Chip Roy was born and raised in Bethesda, Maryland and is a former investment analyst.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Chip Roy was born and raised in Bethesda, Maryland and is a former investment analyst.

Sounds like a Ted Cruz level of role playing as a Texan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bush cosplayed as a down to earth Texan boy for decades.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bush cosplayed as a down to earth Texan boy for decades.

Ellen said he's cool so you're a homophobe if you don't like him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh I remember this, mainly because of the name 'Alex Rodriguez.'

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1372572902894223360

quote:

According to a warrant obtained by Local 10 News, investigators say Artiles offered to pay Rodriguez $50,000 — half during the election and half afterward — for Rodriguez to enter November’s District 37 state senate race, where he shared a last name with the incumbent Democrat candidate Jose Javier Rodriguez.

Republican challenger Ileana Garcia ultimately defeated Jose Javier Rodriguez by just 32 votes for that seat. The plant candidate Alex Rodriguez got over 6,000 votes despite not actually campaigning, nor having actual political aspirations.

The Republican gets to stay in office as far as I can tell.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Im having spicy ranch 3D Doritos with lunch. They’re a lot smaller than I remember.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Holy gently caress dude, could you say something possibly dumber?

https://twitter.com/roddywhiteTV/status/1372555488819314689

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

https://twitter.com/Afoggygoose/status/1372308097373458439?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1372578452172283905?s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Got a groupon for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does it take place in one interesting town yes or no because that was half of what made LiS 1 good and they hosed that up for the sequel.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Well, you gonna use it or not?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Can you get a buy 3 get 1 free punch card too?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmaooo

https://twitter.com/tomjohnsen/status/1372563500896288771?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why does this superhero movie need a football game in it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We saw the Pittsburgh Steelers get Marahall'd in Dark Knight Rises, I thought it was worth it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

We saw the Pittsburgh Steelers get Marahall'd in Dark Knight Rises, I thought it was worth it.

The thing that annoys me the most about that scene is that the stadium is like 25% full. Seriously why is the crowd so small?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The thing that annoys me the most about that scene is that the stadium is like 25% full. Seriously why is the crowd so small?

COVID.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Gotham is the crime riddled hell hole I imagine some fans don't want to go out and see a football game.

Real answer is Chris Nolan probably couldn't get 60k+ people to fill a stadium, since it was filmed during the summer.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

If this came out last Thursday this Tuesday's Jackbox night would've been brutal.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Highly recommend a 5 day March Madness weekend, highly recommend starting that weekend with Greenbush donuts, a vaccination, 2 hours of LMFAO’s “Shots” and a double of good Irish whiskey.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

seiferguy posted:

If Gotham is the crime riddled hell hole I imagine some fans don't want to go out and see a football game.

Real answer is Chris Nolan probably couldn't get 60k+ people to fill a stadium, since it was filmed during the summer.

I mean CGI is a thing he could have used but of course he’s the guy who chose to present the evacuation of Dunkirk as 3 boats picking up 500 guys off a beach because that’s somehow more authentic.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mom has her second jab appointment today I hope it doesn't knock her on her rear end too bad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Mom has her second jab appointment today I hope it doesn't knock her on her rear end too bad.

...so tempting.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Yeah if I lived in Gotham City there is no way I'd go near a football stadium or other large crowd gathering. Also my highest priority every day would be moving out of Gotham.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A buddy of mine was an extra in that scene and it was apparently an absolutely miserable experience, and they didn't have enough people for a full stadium so they shuffled the available extras to be in the background of each shot

Edit also yes it was filmed in the summer but the scene takes place in winter so everyone was overheated af standing around in their coats

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 18, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Superman needs to be gritty and dark.

I will say that Marvel has absolutely perfected the recipe for making super hero movies that can appeal to mass audiences, including kids. I’m not sure what the last movie DC made that could’ve been enjoyable for kids (or adults for that matter).

Ignoring relative quality of the films there's nothing in Aquaman, Shazam or either of the Wonder Woman films that would make me second guess showing it to a kid that was allowed to see the last two Avenger films.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Its Rinaldo posted:

Don't worry it's just the tip she'll be fine

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

One of the weirdest things about the Nolan trilogy is that Gotham is a different city in every movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I'm surprised the company policy wouldn't be to show up with a mask and wear it unless the homeowner indicates otherwise, but maybe location affects that a bit.

I know this is policy because all the followup survey calls and all they hit this question real hard. I don't snitch, because even though it bugs me I'm not going to gently caress with peoples' livelihoods over it

Qwijib0 posted:

I have experienced this too and my theory on this is that if you come without the mask, the kind of person who wants you to wear one will just ask, but if you come with a mask, and the owner is an anti-masker they might pitch a fit so it's conflict avoidance.

This is a really good point. I can imagine an electrician down here worrying about what dumb bullshit he's going to have to face/listen to at every call nowadays