Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is super cool. I'm really impressed by MS dedication to BC I won't lie, I have a PC but it aged out of games mid last gen so it's cool to see some of this stuff I missed running well on gamepass

The fact that regular load times in Dishonored went from over 40 seconds to less than 2 seconds is just as wild as the increase in frame rate, honestly. I was not expecting that kind of increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've been playing the best rs siege of my life with the Xbox wireless headset so I guess I'm gonna keep it. Like 13 kill games and aces etc and I'm not that good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zerot posted:

The fact that regular load times in Dishonored went from over 40 seconds to less than 2 seconds is just as wild as the increase in frame rate, honestly. I was not expecting that kind of increase.

Yeah, like the new bone hard drives are nice but they're not that nice. Something really weird was going on there.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
If I had to guess, I'd guess something that was limited to a single process can run parallel on the "new" architecture.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Oh boy, big fat rumor, starfield gets revealed and released this year. Of course this means a ton of folks are already thinking it means it's "too late" for it not to be on ps5. Don't do that to yourselves.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im calling it Garfield

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1372201144022278145?s=21

Good news for PC Game Pass subscribers.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dishonored DE is simply not a very good port. Checked Giant Bomb's old quick look for the original game on 360 and it has the loading screen for the Distillery District, so I timed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEYHGPM8SE&t=105s

Xbox 360: 0:14:28 (Original release)
Xbox One S: 0:36:24 (Definitive Edition)
Xbox Series X: 0:01:36 (Definitive Edition)

Cool how the load times more than doubled in the so-called "remaster".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prey was amomg the worst loading game of last gen cause it would load once for the level, end, then load a second time for the objects or whatever and you crossed loading transitions constantly in the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Prey was amomg the worst loading game of last gen cause it would load once for the level, end, then load a second time for the objects or whatever and you crossed loading transitions constantly in the game.

Welp, deleted until I buy a series. Was just about to crack into that, but that's an automatic no go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its still fun tho

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Its still fun tho

I'm excited to try it, but time is time. It's the same reason I haven't started fallen order. Waiting for the better performance.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

It's the same reason I haven't started fallen order. Waiting for the better performance.

Good move tbh. Fallen Order on series X is like a whole new game.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

Good move tbh. Fallen Order on series X is like a whole new game.

The only reason I finished fallen order was because I started it. Even without the god awful load times, there was so much that just didn't work, from the way respawn points worked to not knowing if something was climbable. Lots of long rear end trekking through areas you've been through already just to get back to your ship after a mission, a confusing waypoint/map system...it's been a while, but there was more I disliked about it, I'm certain. But it was a Star Wars game, which was cool.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah, the one thing you can say for all the EA Star Wars games is they nail the look/sound/feel of Star Wars so thoroughly that you can forgive a lot of faults. The lack of any kind of fast travel in FO really sucks, but you also don't have to backtrack that much unless you're trying to collect all the ponchos or whatever. Having played through it a couple times, my biggest gripe is not being able to skip cut scenes on replay.

Anyway, if you liked parts of Fallen Order but felt frustrated by its flaws, and you don't NEED the Star Wars setting, play Sekiro.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 17, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hulk Krogan posted:

play Sekiro.

Literally what I did. Bought sekiro and waited for FO to hit gamepass.

And squadrons is amazing, can't wait to keep playing it, the trial wasn't enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The Ol' Sonic 2k6 Special

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

The lack of any kind of fast travel in FO really sucks, but you also don't have to backtrack that much unless you're trying to collect all the ponchos or whatever.

It's be a while since I've played it, so maybe that was it or I was missing something. But it's the only game i've played in a long time where I wanted to get to the end not to see how it finished (which was decent cause of the cameo) but just so I could be done with it once and for all.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Windows is getting auto HDR: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/auto-hdr-preview-for-pc-available-today/

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like it will only work for DirectX 11 and above, at least officially. That's still a lot of games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cool! HDR support in PC games from more than 2 years ago is suuuper spotty. Even ones that have basically zero excuses - Forza Horizon 3, come on now - don't have it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat. If you don't get the Wario64 link ther second it drops you are out of luck

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Looks like Wreckfest just received a 60fps update as well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

John F Bennett posted:

Yea when I tried it last week the servers were miserable and the frame rate was really noticeable, it felt lower than 30. Now it runs fine and I've been able to play online no problem.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Woo hoo stimulus baby. gently caress it, I'm buying DOA6 deluxe edition. Jiggling fighting game tiddies here I come!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

Yeah, makes a huge difference how smooth it is to play now. Apparently it's 4K 30fps on Series S though which is a weird choice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wreckfest is fun as hell.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

lol, was checking stockinformer since Lammasu was mentioning stock stuff and just happened to load the page as an alert popped for a Series X appeared on the UK Microsoft store at 11.29.

Managed to load it up, put it in the cart.... checkout says out of stock at 11:30. It's impossible to beat the bots.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Managed to load it up, put it in the cart.... checkout says out of stock at 11:30. It's impossible to beat the bots.

I got mine that way. Leave it in the cart then next time they’re sale go straight to your cart and check out.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Feels like there's just unlimited Xbox news these days. Interested to see whatever they have for STALKER 2 and The Ascent.

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1372580210164428801

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Squadrons is out now.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wishlist now has an option that's called 'Send me notifications'.

Could it be, finally?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Still can’t add to the wishlist from the web store which sucks

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So it hits 1:30. I hit refresh. Click add to card. It says it's not added because it is no longer in stock. I'm not going to be able to get one till June am I?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Lammasu posted:

So it hits 1:30. I hit refresh. Click add to card. It says it's not added because it is no longer in stock. I'm not going to be able to get one till June am I?

Get what?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
A series X

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anno posted:

Feels like there's just unlimited Xbox news these days. Interested to see whatever they have for STALKER 2 and The Ascent.

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1372580210164428801

Afaict stalker 2 is going to be a flaming wreck based on the mess of dev problems and legal fights that have played out over its decade of production but im hopeful that theres some fun in it anyway

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Finally just got a Series X from Walmart.com, April 9 delivery.

Got in at around 2:45 and hit refresh at 2:50 until the Add to Cart button popped up. Had my info already in and it went smoothly, page didn't freeze or spin or anything. I'm shocked it worked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Snagged a headset just now from Target and got to use my $20 coupon. Just in time to play some Wreckfest with the boys later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Anyone know when the EA stuff hits PC?