Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Laserface posted:

yea because 1. i already use fb chat to talk to all the people i play with and 2. discord is poo poo, dumb, and bad.

mostly im just impressed at the level of bullshit PC players will accept to have higher pixel/frame counts

This isn't thanksgiving and you're not my real dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I don't understand the Discord hate...it's straightforward and works (whether you're using it to game with randoms or just your friend group). Using FB chat to organize games is perfectly reasonable too if everyone you play with is on FB, but it's not like it has some superior features or workflow for doing that. Being able to voice chat in a game agnostic manner has obvious advantages (especially for friend groups rather than randos that you don't want to chat with outside of the game). Even if you personally don't want/need that functionality (which is fine), the benefit/use case should still be clear. I'm genuinely curious what people find so bad or hard to use about Discord assuming the people you want to play with use it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Laserface posted:

Im not arguing that at all, each to their own. im just surprised about the amount of poo poo PC players will put up with on what is supposedly the 'best' way to play games and thats before we even start talking about the glitches and other weirdness associated with PC gaming.

I'm not sure you've played a recent console game if you think glitches are restricted to PCs. My PS5 has hardlocked more in the past few months then my PC has in years. Also Discord is a chat program chill out maybe?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
What in the name of God is this conversation?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Log posted:

What in the name of God is this conversation?

Very serious and important.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I guess now we know why it's called Discord.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

I guess now we know why it's called Discord.

It’s because I got dis cord hooked up to my laptop to use it?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

Im not arguing that at all, each to their own. im just surprised about the amount of poo poo PC players will put up with on what is supposedly the 'best' way to play games and thats before we even start talking about the glitches and other weirdness associated with PC gaming.

Jesus Christ it's like babbys first pc vs console argument

What year is this

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 18, 2021

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Fart Car '97 posted:

Jesus Christ it's like babbys first pc vs console argument

What year is this

Its funny because there's plenty of console players on discord some of them on a mouse and keyboard, and a whole bunch of pc players use a controller. Now that crossplay is becoming the norm it really all comes down to how much time you want to put into your system. Lazy like me play on console, enjoy tinkering with things play on pc. Now they we can all play together who cares lol.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Its funny because there's plenty of console players on discord some of them on a mouse and keyboard, and a whole bunch of pc players use a controller. Now that crossplay is becoming the norm it really all comes down to how much time you want to put into your system. Lazy like me play on console, enjoy tinkering with things play on pc. Now they we can all play together who cares lol.

Cos ur a fuckin n00b that's why :thurman:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Fart Car '97 posted:

Cos ur a fuckin n00b that's why :thurman:

1 v 1 strellas lol

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

*as long as you're willing to have an entire separate computer in your living room just to have third party voice comms on your xbox lol

but whatever enjoy the circle jerk

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
What is everyone’s thoughts on xim? Cheating or no?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Hello Spaceman posted:

*as long as you're willing to have an entire separate computer in your living room just to have third party voice comms on your xbox lol

so you just leave your smart phone in the kitchen?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

jase1 posted:

eh I'm less worried about XIM, the controller "autoaim" on a KB/M isn't that great, there are situations where it's really strong (it ignores stuns) but overall it's not an extreme advantage.

The strike pack bullshit is definitely hacking, it's computer/script assisted aiming and it's bullshit.

Also regular hacking is stupid prevalent so I guess the above stuff doesn't matter as much now anyway.

PS if you say hacking isn't prevalent, post your KDR so we can tell you you're bad and that's why you don't see hackers because, trust me, it's the case.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Clavavisage posted:

so you just leave your smart phone in the kitchen?

hahaahah oh gee you got me!!!

oh no wait my phone is used for phone calls and im not going to jerry rig a second earpiece into the headphones i use

everybody stanning discord hacks for console seems to be oblivious to the fact that normal people just want to switch on their playstation and not tinker with yet another cumbersome thing to replace existing functionality

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hello Spaceman posted:

hahaahah oh gee you got me!!!

oh no wait my phone is used for phone calls and im not going to jerry rig a second earpiece into the headphones i use

everybody stanning discord hacks for console seems to be oblivious to the fact that normal people just want to switch on their playstation and not tinker with yet another cumbersome thing to replace existing functionality

I plug in a single cord lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

So, most of my questions about M+KB support and Discord have been answered

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Do you want to play with goons? Install discord somewhere, your phone, laptop, internet connected detachable penis, whatever; then ask to use in-game voice once a team forms.

Don't want to play with goons? Then I don't care.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

jase1 posted:

crossplay was a mistake and Xim was cheating before crossplay happened, but it's not really relevant anymore

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Someone make an infomercial where you incompetently can’t figure out Discord.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I use ventrillo for voice coms, and I use mIRC to set up lobbies with my CLAN.

I post my cool videos to my geocities website. Sign my guestbook and check out my webring!!!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If you don't think xim/Cronus is cheating you probably don't fully understand how good they are at boosting aim assist past it's intended strength and eliminating recoil entirely. Nobody is using Them to play with kbm in controller lobbies.

They literally can't sell them fast enough, getting one involves a 3 month wait-list.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
When I'm playing with my friends since we're all on different systems (PC/Xbox/PS4/5) we all just get a big party line chat on our phones. I ask my mom before hand though because if she's expecting a call from my grandma I'm not allowed to

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Nottherealaborn posted:

Someone make an infomercial where you incompetently can’t figure out Discord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchcuWUCsms

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lite_sleepr posted:

I use ventrillo for voice coms, and I use mIRC to set up lobbies with my CLAN.

I post my cool videos to my geocities website. Sign my guestbook and check out my webring!!!

hit me up on my pager when u are getting on

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Hello Spaceman posted:

normal people just want to switch on their playstation and not tinker with yet another cumbersome thing to replace existing functionality

You're definitely having a perfectly normal one itt

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Guys how do I use computer?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Which discord are people using these days?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
It sure is fun playing on controller, then running into people who can do a 180 in a split second while turbo headshotting people along the way. I'm sure they are little angels, only playing on a controller themselves.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Log posted:

It sure is fun playing on controller, then running into people who can do a 180 in a split second while turbo headshotting people along the way. I'm sure they are little angels, only playing on a controller themselves.

Yeah it’s called being good.

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC
SA really is the Elks Lodge of the Internet.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
What, are you guys looking for interesting discourse in the Something Awful Call of Duty thread??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Themistocles posted:

:lol:

Pictured: a full squad of goons in a video game in 2011

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

vs Dinosaurs posted:

What, are you guys looking for interesting discourse in the Something Awful Call of Duty thread??

No we're looking for interesting discords

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Themistocles posted:

What is an elks lodge?

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
It’s like a corrugated metal shed in a depressed part of town

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

with dollar beers

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I hate about kb/m players as a controller player on PC is the drop shots. Everything else is kind of a wash because they each have advantages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

The only thing I hate about kb/m players as a controller player on PC is the drop shots. Everything else is kind of a wash because they each have advantages.

How is it any less easy with controllers when you have aim assist?