Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Spiderman is coming! Look over there, it’s more content coming soon! *runs out the back*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So whats the big news about this not dead game

Orv
May 4, 2011
We'll find out in 2 hours and change.

Please prepare to be whelmed.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ronan the accuser is just gonna be reskinned Thor. Bank on it

Assuming they even bother to add him with all the Kree stuff

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

turned on the stream and they're showing off some future imperfect hawkeye stuff and the villain they're fighting is.... Taskmaster???

come the gently caress on

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

oh and it looks like the wakanda stuff is gonna be an 'expansion', so $$$

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CGI Black Panther teaser

Later this year

Expansion

This game is loving dead. :sigh:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

CGI Black Panther teaser

Later this year

Expansion

This game is loving dead. :sigh:

Same as it ever was

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

is this like something they're contractually obligated to keep alive? because they can't be making content for the like 50 people still playing this

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
lol I’m the Beyond content.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright cool, so this should be a fun game to check out again in November I guess.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still no Spiderman lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

why does the 'play as any combination of heroes' come out in 'spring'. Just remove the restrictions now you morons. 4 hulks would be at least mildly amusing for about 20 minutes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wow that is 🔥🔥🔥

Orv
May 4, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

why does the 'play as any combination of heroes' come out in 'spring'. Just remove the restrictions now you morons. 4 hulks would be at least mildly amusing for about 20 minutes.

You just know that you're only going to be able to do it in whatever Tachyon Missions are, I can feel it comin'.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
God in Heaven, it's so bad.

One expansion in Heroes had more content than this game will have in the next year lol.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

lol, a Spring update will finally "unlock" the ability to play with multiples of the same hero, even though that was a "bug" previously.

No new hero arriving in Spring. No mention of Spider-Man on the roadmap at all (I assume the "and beyond" means up until the end of the year). Perhaps Sony is going to be announcing that, not SE... still, it looks kinda dire.

It's not until late Summer that Black Panther arrives, and his update will bring a small amount of actual new content (level cap increase and a new enemy faction).

EDIT:
The PS Blog post on the update does not mention Spider-Man: :wtc:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/new-details-on-marvels-avengers-ps5-enhancements-black-panther-and-more/

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 18, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

they're delaying spider-man until the new movie, I guarantee it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They’re delaying Spider-Man till the PS+ release.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

They're delaying Spider-Man indefinitely and then years from now some clever modders will break open the game files and unlock the character but it'll be stuck in a Ms Marvel model.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea just what I wanna do spend more money on poo poo content.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-spider-man-ps5-ps4-exclusive-not-before-summer

:laffo:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait wait wait, when was Avengers released and is Spider-man a forever exclusive or a year long? :allears:

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

it is loving incredible how badly CD bungled this entire game

Even moreso given how well loving Gaz did with the same concept -- They literally had a blueprint to follow and decided to strip away every single one of the things that made the formula fun

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Let’s not give too much praise to Gaz.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Invalid Validation posted:

Let’s not give too much praise to Gaz.

They made an incredibly enjoyable game that had a massive goon presence for several years and let me play as literally dozens of marvel characters that each had unique gear that noticeably changed how you played the game. That's a lot more than I can say for this one.

Marble Hebrons is definitely the best marvel game I've ever played (Because the rest are various shades of mediocre)

EDIT: Apart from the new spider-man games, those are good. But also not the same kind of "Hey you get to play a bunch of heroes!" game with a roster of characters to play

Burginator fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 18, 2021

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ErrEff posted:

It's not until late Summer that Black Panther arrives, and his update will bring a small amount of actual new content (level cap increase and a new enemy faction).

Lmfao the only timeline they gave on Black Panther is “later this year” if you think that you’re getting Wakanda before November then I have a Game as a Service premium subscription to sell you

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Remember when this game first came out and we were thinking that Black Panther would be out by February, maybe April at the latest? Boy we’re we dumb. We’ll be lucky to have him before the first anniversary.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmfao the only timeline they gave on Black Panther is “later this year” if you think that you’re getting Wakanda before November then I have a Game as a Service premium subscription to sell you

Yeah but they totally had Wakanda all ready to go last year, they just postponed it out of respect for Chadwick Boseman.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You're probably right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Orv posted:

Wait wait wait, when was Avengers released and is Spider-man a forever exclusive or a year long? :allears:

He's a forever exclusive cause Sony owns the video game rights to the character.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

IGN posted:

That roadmap does make clear that it doesn't include all in-progress work, but Amos said it represents what the studio can fully commit to in the near-term. "But there are people working on [him]," he reiterated, "and we still fully expect Spider-Man to come to PlayStation." Amos gave no indication of a timescale for that, however.

Spider-Man was first announced in August 2020 and it is quite clear now that this was a last-minute marketing deal to spike sales before release. Based on how they've handled the game after release, I'm leaning towards most of the studio not even knowing about it until the announcement was made and that he was barely anything but a napkin sketch.

(EDIT button is not REPLY, drat it)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

they're adding a single new villain sector in the first half of this year?

how many are already in the game. it's...2, right?

so we'll get a 3rd?

wow. lots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They've announced a new villain sector already, it's the save transfer system.

:sickos:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ketchup vs catsup posted:

they're adding a single new villain sector in the first half of this year?

how many are already in the game. it's...2, right?

so we'll get a 3rd?

wow. lots.

also it's pretty clear from the video that the villain sector is just Monica in the big battlesuit again from black widow's introduction mission

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Of course it is. They’ll probably add MODOK too since he’s already in the game to promote big new content eventually.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I picked up the game for $20 a month or two ago and I somehow snagged a ps5. Will be interesting to see how shiny the next gen upgrade actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh, neat. If i wanted to use my PS4 save on the PS5, I'd have to download both versions of the game.

How do they continually gently caress everything up?