Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thaddius the Large posted:

Forgive me if I’m missing something, but why is the movie being in 4:3 important to Snyder’s vision? He prefers that?

I just looked it up: it was originally made for IMAX theaters, which more closely resembles 4:3. He didn't want to modify it to 16:9/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Forgive me if I’m missing something, but why is the movie being in 4:3 important to Snyder’s vision? He prefers that?

Imax

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Another 45 minutes in and I can absolutely say this is way, way better than the Whedon cut. No wonder cyborg guy was furious - they actually removed his entire story which is actually pretty good. It’s still mediocre but it’s mountains better so far.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He wants a taller movie more than a wider one.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm watching the Snyder cut without having seen the first one so I can't tell what's different but so far I'm not hating it?

Then it's very different.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Another 45 minutes in and I can absolutely say this is way, way better than the Whedon cut. No wonder cyborg guy was furious - they actually removed his entire story which is actually pretty good

I'm gonna watch it later, but I hope this is so popular that no one ever hires Joss Whedon for anything ever again.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Another 45 minutes in and I can absolutely say this is way, way better than the Whedon cut. No wonder cyborg guy was furious - they actually removed his entire story which is actually pretty good

Ray Fisher was also one of the people who came out and said Whedon was a sex pest which is a risky move for him considering he's not a big name (yet), so this has to be pretty cathartic for him.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

I'm gonna watch it later, but I hope this is so popular that no one ever hires Joss Whedon for anything ever again.

Giving Snyder work, while better than a loving shithole like Whedon, isn't something I'm super happy about

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm watching the Snyder cut without having seen the first one so I can't tell what's different but so far I'm not hating it?

The Snyder cut was always going to be an improvement because the Whedon scenes in the cinema release were so obvious. They were almost jarringly overlit and actors like batflex and mamoa had stopped hitting the weights n roids for weeks before the reshoots.

So you go from a svelte affleck and ripped mamoa talking in low serious tones in a muted pallette to a bright colourful scene where cyborg dudes cgi is ps2 levels at best cracking jokes with Ezra Miller while affleck looks in need of a cold compress and some aspirin, noticeably 10kg heavier and pinker and puffier back to grim dark again in the same conversation.

There were even scenes where Mamoa was talking and his body was changing composition shot to shot because Whedon changed some dialogue somewhere.

It made it impossible to buy in at all because the tone changed so drastically so quickly in the one sequence.

Even an average movie on theme would look better in comparison.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'll watch 50 Snyder cuts before I watch this garbage.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1372625304750014464?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Guze posted:

Better or worse than a Michael Bay adaptation.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/MikeThompsonPgh/status/1372620822859411459
Love to chair the meeting where we spent an hour endorsing candidates and this guy is mad because he wasn't up for it because turns out when you are against BDS, it's not going to give you an endorsement or a chance to be endorsed (meanwhile one of the candidates we endorsed is also Jewish and the chair of the Elections Committee is Jewish!)

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Better or worse than a Michael Bay adaptation.

Optimus Prime fights a bunch of chuds

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Guze posted:

Optimus Prime fights a bunch of chuds

He did the Benghazi movie.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yeah if I lived in Gotham City there is no way I'd go near a football stadium or other large crowd gathering. Also my highest priority every day would be moving out of Gotham.

Seriously. It's like the economically blighted NYC of the 70's with even worse street crime and even more hopelessly corrupt government/police, then you throw in the part where the city is constantly being taken over, held hostage, or just outright attacked by terrifying supervillains. Metropolis gets a lot of that too but at least their protector is a benevolent demigod and not just a billionaire who likes beating people up.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Fingers crossed my friend’s interview request goes through and he’ll talk film with Badger’s DC Jim Leonard about what went wrong in that play against Gotham.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

Man I can't wait to watch the Snyder Cut when I get home.

def watching it while writing/collecting employee review data.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Guze posted:

Why, it looks like it will be a good series done by people with a good track record at analyzing this type of poo poo. Its going to be a documentary/expose type series.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I do not understand the motivation of a Snyder fanboy. I just don't. You could explain it to me like teaching algebra to a cow, I just don't get it.

I didn't see the core of a good salvageable movie when I (eventually) saw Justice League. I saw what I expected- an attempt by DC to catch up with Marvel's teambuilding in one movie instead of 10, done by a dude whose style is almost beyond parody at this point

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Coco13 posted:

Fingers crossed my friend’s interview request goes through and he’ll talk film with Badger’s DC Jim Leonard about what went wrong in that play against Gotham.

Glad the Packers didn’t hire him now. How do you lose to a team that probably loses half its roster to clown attacks every year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ey fellas is mild but noticeable testicular pain normal when you have the flu? Should I be worried? It's not debilitating but I know the lads are there.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Pops Mgee posted:

Glad the Packers didn’t hire him now. How do you lose to a team that probably loses half its roster to clown attacks every year.

Because Gothams S&C coach is Bane.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The Houston anti-mask nutjob that got arrested in Bank of America on video got arrested again in an Office Depot

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-arrested-again-after-refusing-to-wear-mask-at-office-depot

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

GD_American posted:

The Houston anti-mask nutjob that got arrested in Bank of America on video got arrested again in an Office Depot

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/woman-arrested-again-after-refusing-to-wear-mask-at-office-depot

This is a GoFundMe grift.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

BlindSite posted:

Ey fellas is mild but noticeable testicular pain normal when you have the flu? Should I be worried? It's not debilitating but I know the lads are there.

Not a doctor, but in my experience yes. Lymph nodes swell, and are in your neck, armpits, and groin.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ha anyone here used the Hi Dr. B website or know someone who did that wound up getting a call for a shot? I went ahead and entered all my info since it was nothing you can’t find from a quick google and I don’t have any health conditions, but I’m skeptical. The site even points out that they aren’t bound by HIPAA “but will act like they are” or something like that. I could easily see it as a big grift to get even more data on people.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Freaquency posted:

Ha anyone here used the Hi Dr. B website or know someone who did that wound up getting a call for a shot? I went ahead and entered all my info since it was nothing you can’t find from a quick google and I don’t have any health conditions, but I’m skeptical. The site even points out that they aren’t bound by HIPAA “but will act like they are” or something like that. I could easily see it as a big grift to get even more data on people.

the only people i've heard of that got extras either a) hung out at these places to scoop one up or b) put their names in at a specific walmart pharmacy and in a couple weeks got one.

now a lot of folks i know just find texas counties that are ahead in vaccinating and open to everyone and drive a few hours to get their shots.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

So, there's 4 super nerdy looking early 20s late teens guys that just rolled up in a mid 00s LR. Wind is 20 to 30mph, and they're trying to put up a tent, and then tried to put up a tarp covering it by attaching it to the roof rack.

Let me tell you, the sight of a skinny dude getting yeeted off the roof of a land rover while holding the end of a tarp is a scene that I will never forget.

If the wind down there is similar to what’s going on up here which it sounds like it is, and from my experiences back in my racing days, you got more balls than anyone going around that track sleeping in a tent surrounded by other tents and pop-up canopies. I have seen even anchored EZ-UPs gently caress some poo poo UP when the wind picks up in the pits.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GD_American posted:

I do not understand the motivation of a Snyder fanboy. I just don't. You could explain it to me like teaching algebra to a cow, I just don't get it.

I didn't see the core of a good salvageable movie when I (eventually) saw Justice League. I saw what I expected- an attempt by DC to catch up with Marvel's teambuilding in one movie instead of 10, done by a dude whose style is almost beyond parody at this point

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, I just generally enjoy his movies, for the most part (as I've said earlier in the thread, there is absolutely nothing worthwhile or redeeming about Sucker Punch, and I'm also generally pretty cold on 300). He tends to come up with some very interesting shot compositions, and also homages older works very well (especially in Batman v. Superman, which has a beautiful homage to the Pieta at the end). He's also stupidly good at casting his movies. He makes some choices that I don't always agree with and I think he could stand to tone down the Ayn Rand references in his works, but his movies are always, at the very least, interesting to watch.

I do think he gets dragged unfairly in some respects. There are people crying about the Snyder Cut of Justice League being in a 4:3 aspect ratio, and I'm sitting here thinking, so what? Directors like Jennifer Kent, Robert Eggers, Wes Anderson, David Lowery and Paul Schrader love playing around in 4:3, and they don't get slammed as being pretentious or whatever. And since Snyder originally shot Justice League for the 1.43:1 IMAX ratio, I don't really see the big deal in showing the movie in a 4:3 presentation.

I'll probably wind up turning on the Snyder Cut tonight when I get back home from a run to the pharmacy (drat hospital doctor wrote several different prescriptions for my oxycodone taper because he didn't want to send me home with like 150 pills, so I have to make multiple trips), and I'm looking forward to it. I watched the Ultimate Edition of BvS last night--and I've always been a huge fan of that version--and Man of Steel a few weeks ago, before I landed in the hospital, so I'm excited to see Snyder's version. I was so bored by the theatrical cut of Justice League that I had to watch it over like two or three nights, because it was just so loving terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Moderna shot one down.

That needle was a loving harpoon.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sorry Fiz, we are gonna be on opposite sides of the Moderna/Pfizer Gang Wars of 2023.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

swickles posted:

Sorry Fiz, we are gonna be on opposite sides of the Moderna/Pfizer Gang Wars of 2023.

Team Pfizer 4 Life

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

If I’d gone last week I’d be J+J master race. Dammit!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mom just got her 2nd Pfizer, you are now the enemy Fizz

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I liked dawn of the dead, enjoyed 300 and I liked the extended watchmen. I think his watchmen wooshed a few people at the time given if they didn't know the comic they expected a generic super hero flick. Then again I've even heard people who were fans of the comic miss the point of the scene with silk spectre and the owl doing some violence.

I wouldn't die on the hill defending him but I think he has his style and it has its place.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

I do not understand the motivation of a Snyder fanboy.

Didn't realize which thread I'd clicked on for a second and had my mind shut down at the idea that there may be Dan Snyder fanboys out there somewhere.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Pssh, like anyone from the J&J crew will survive the pogroms of 2022.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mods, can we get vaccine gang tags?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't realize which thread I'd clicked on for a second and had my mind shut down at the idea that there may be Dan Snyder fanboys out there somewhere.

I've got a solution to two different problems with one move.

People hate Dan Snyder and people hate Zach Snyder movies. Give Zach Snyder the Washington Football Team. No more Dan Snyder and Zach will be too busy running a football team to make anymore movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

seiferguy posted:

I just looked it up: it was originally made for IMAX theaters, which more closely resembles 4:3. He didn't want to modify it to 16:9/10.

Lol this motherfucker wants us to watch it in vertical mode like its loving quiby.