Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

hello friends as of today i am now as old as 35 year old dirt

that’s some pretty old dirt happy birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Squirrel Girl in yet?

(Edit: this goes for avengers but I think she would be a great addition to any of the Square Enix lineup)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Based on previous production schedules we'll have FF16 in 2029

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

Congrats! You're younger than my wife. ;)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been having a good time today reading Wikipedia articles about the latter-day Roman emperors, just a hilarious parade of assassinations

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PlayStation bought Evo?

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1372639773576232961?s=21

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

is this the same one that got shut down extremely hard in 2020 because a ton of the people running it were sex predators?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I know next to nothing about esports stuff, sorry

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pentyne posted:

is this the same one that got shut down extremely hard in 2020 because a ton of the people running it were sex predators?

I'm getting the idea that it collapsed after that and this is Sony picking up the pieces, which I think is good, provided all the dumbasses are gone. I don't think it'd be a profitable buy if that wasn't the deal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

pentyne posted:

Yes, "Mr. Wizard" was revealed to have a history of predatory behavior.

He was kicked out and the interim chairs were employees of Riot so that was a possibility, I guess Sony swooped in though

PS4 was basically the preferred platform for every non-Smash game on their lineups so this makes sense

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

I know next to nothing about esports stuff, sorry

The only think you need to know is that esports are a funny joke full of some of the worst people alive

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

thank you all, it is nice to know that even dirt can have good friends such as these :shobon:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

EA Play games are available with Game Pass PC now, so just a friendly reminder to play Shantae Half Genie Hero on there. It's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Embrace the large mermaid

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Don't play Shantae if you wanna remain in the dark about mermaid origins. Do play it if ya wanna hear the Scuttle Town theme another hundred times. (You do)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNXSTGA8GI

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

this is what I think of any time someone has a birthday

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Isn't it time for the Aus Goons to break out the Fairy Bread?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sometimes I forget Im one of the youngest posters here by a reasonable margin

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

Isn't it time for the Aus Goons to break out the Fairy Bread?

you're right, and I have an unopened jar of hundreds and thousands in the cupboard just waiting for a special occasion

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also it's coming toward the end of March and the beginning of April, and you know what that means: that's right, if I accidentally listen to one specific album on my phone I'm gonna be hit with a wave of nostalgia and play through Persona 5 for the fourth time

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Until today I would have assumed I was one of the oldest posters by a reasonable margin but now I feel I may be closer to the middle.

New Super Metis posted:

you're right, and I have an unopened jar of hundreds and thousands in the cupboard just waiting for a special occasion

Wasn't someone promised to eat some? :)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

does SA actually get new users?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, I only joined a year ago

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arzaac posted:

I mean, I only joined a year ago

I've been here for 3 I think, but I barely interacted with anyone until after my autoban was lifted last summer.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm old and my account is old

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm old and my account is old

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just LOL if you’re older than 32.5

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SA has been part of my life since high school but this account is relatively new (I’m 30, which I think is in the mid-range).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Just LOL if you’re younger than 32.5

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Just LOL if you’re older than 32.5

i'm 36 myself, so basically a senior citizen and will probably die at any moment. I can't wait.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

victrix posted:

does SA actually get new users?

I used to browse in high school where I would blatantly lift ideas for my digital editing class from the Photoshop Friday threads but then I stopped in 2011/12 or whenever the paywall went up for Danganronpa. Got baited into making an account so I could post in the Tipping 40s Xenoblade X thread which ended up being an April Fools prank

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would anyone pay 10 dollars just to join a web forum...

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I'm 27 and I registered back in 2011, though I rarely posted and took a 4 year hiatus from '15 to '19. I've been way more active since I came back though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do you ever wonder what you would've done in the million hours you'd gain if you had never been :justpost:ing here

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you ever wonder what you would've done in the million hours you'd gain if you had never been :justpost:ing here

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

A lot less gaming, I would have been exposed to a lot less video games.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

:hai::negative::hai:

I turn 39 this year and every thought of “age just a number you’re young in spirit” is followed by some part of my body going “rofl. Simply lmao”. I’m going to need to do more Ring Fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

there needs to be a combination of :hmmyes: and :suicide: to adequately express my feelings on this one