Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/dan-patrick-esg-investing/

it's always great when the ideologues start loving with the finance guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Roumba posted:

Diversify into Texas Toast.

Or Popeye's if your local one doesn't suck and/or have literal fist fights in the parking lot every Two Dollar Tuesday.

That's part of the allure tbh

Popeyes is good if your particular franchise is any good. Minimum wage minimum effort and all that.

Chicken express is only acceptable because the chicken is usually not dry and they give you gravy, but that batter is some bland rear end poo poo.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Chic Fil A had really good chicken back when I ate there, but even aside from political reasons to abstain from them, I absolutely don't trust that company to be enforcing mask-wearing or letting employees call in sick.

I also feel like I distrust Chicken Express for a similar reason, since they're so proud of being southern that they have a map of the south on their boxes. I dunno, taking pride in your region like that sounds like you'll probably end up on the wrong side of local political opposition to federal guidelines. I'm wary of their catfish as well, since the place near me I heard was bad about just leaving it to sit for too long, but corn nuggets are real good.

I guess the place that I eat the most fast food chicken is Panda Express.

It's old white people chicken op. Seasoning is dangerous.

Shifty Pony posted:

Nah it drives him nuts with all the app controlled electronics, driving assistant, and a "mother earth loves you!" when you drive it economically, but Hank has to pull an emergency maneuver in it where he discovers is accelerates like a rocket and is ~conflicted~.

Nailed it

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So it looks like someone requested unemployment benefits in my wife's name, something I have read is seeing a giant increase in fraudulent claims.

She got four letters today including a handbook that says they send to everyone who requests benefits. Another document that shows the wages they have on file for her and how much her benefit will be and some other documents.

I guess whoever did this was stupid enough not to file under a different address or maybe TWC sent it to the address they have on file for us since we do have a nanny we pay unemployment taxes on to the state.

What's our next step here? I assume we need to contact TWC and make sure they know my wife is employed and didn't request anything, but I've heard horror stories about how hard it is to get somebody on the phone when calling the service line. Anybody have any experience dealing with something like this? I assume we also need to put something on file with the credit agencies as I assume this means whoever filed this has all her information and could take out loans and stuff.

gently caress.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah I’d freeze her credit and it’s not THAT hard to get them in the phone. Just might sit on hold for an hour or two maybe. Call early.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

i say swears online posted:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/dan-patrick-esg-investing/

it's always great when the ideologues start loving with the finance guys

Taking 'tilting at windmills' to a whole new level here

E: Roots Chicken Shak is overrated, good honey sauce though

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 18, 2021

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Marxalot posted:

Chicken express is only acceptable because the chicken is usually not dry and they give you gravy, but that batter is some bland rear end poo poo.

But they have really good corn nuggets that I can't get elsewhere.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

D-Pad posted:

So it looks like someone requested unemployment benefits in my wife's name, something I have read is seeing a giant increase in fraudulent claims.

She got four letters today including a handbook that says they send to everyone who requests benefits. Another document that shows the wages they have on file for her and how much her benefit will be and some other documents.

I guess whoever did this was stupid enough not to file under a different address or maybe TWC sent it to the address they have on file for us since we do have a nanny we pay unemployment taxes on to the state.

What's our next step here? I assume we need to contact TWC and make sure they know my wife is employed and didn't request anything, but I've heard horror stories about how hard it is to get somebody on the phone when calling the service line. Anybody have any experience dealing with something like this? I assume we also need to put something on file with the credit agencies as I assume this means whoever filed this has all her information and could take out loans and stuff.

gently caress.

Last time I had to deal with them I had to call a few hundred times and didn't get to talk to anyone. On the bright side, that meant I didn't contribute to unemployment statistics! The downside was going like 12k into debt but we made america great right?

Good luck.

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah I’d freeze her credit and it’s not THAT hard to get them in the phone. Just might sit on hold for an hour or two maybe. Call early.

Do they have holding lines now? I never saw one.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1372238891961421829

I'm sure we can count on Mrs. Ken Paxton to do the right thing and stay clear of any ethical quandaries

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Hey remember how a while ago I said that Samsung got throughly hosed by the power outage? Said they neglected to drain critical lines and would have a hell of a time bringing stuff back online?

I was underselling it. The fab is still down. A fab being down for a month is beyond catastrophic.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Marxalot posted:

Do they have holding lines now? I never saw one.

Maybe I’m misremembering but it was in the ‘annoying but possible’ category when I went on unemployment for a bit like 4-5 years ago.

https://twitter.com/pauldebenedetto/status/1372530905563205637?s=21

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hmm maybe having a super botched raid wasn’t the best look.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Shifty Pony posted:

Hey remember how a while ago I said that Samsung got throughly hosed by the power outage? Said they neglected to drain critical lines and would have a hell of a time bringing stuff back online?

I was underselling it. The fab is still down. A fab being down for a month is beyond catastrophic.

Lol NXP is still down too but I completely failed to realize the horror of having to completely clear that massive loving cleanroom since the recirculation was shut down :state: I wonder if tools with vacuum chambers fail air tight? I know they were planning on ramping up to 90-100k wafers a month when I left so this is catastrophic for them lol

Also Im pretty sure the dfw fabs are still having the same issue.

Also I want to say you used to work there too years ago, right?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Yeah I was in an engineering position for the 300mm fab's launch and ramp up to full production at 51nm. I know what goes into starting up a fab and let me tell you it is Not Fun.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1372557069312753676?s=20

I guess Chip isn't worried about his district trending blue anymore

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Chip Roy having a senior moment and thinking he's at a Klan rally.

Also that's a lyric from a Toby Keith song.

Edit: I now know he's only 48ish. Lol hate rots your brain

Numlock fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 18, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1372557069312753676?s=20

I guess Chip isn't worried about his district trending blue anymore

Chip Roy represents Alamo Heights (and me :whitewater: )

For zero dollars can you tell me....which major Texas city is this organization headquartered in

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 18, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What is “Dallas”, Alex?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Correct. The board is yours.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

zoux posted:

Correct. The board is yours.

I'll take "freezing my citizens to death to spite the liberals and for making easy money" for $10bn.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Numlock posted:

Also that's a lyric from a Toby Keith song.

That's what I thought, but I didn't wanna say anything in case it had been an actual old saying he appropriated for the song that I had somehow never heard of.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1372623502021439488

Truly, truly despise this man

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Captain Monkey posted:

Maybe I’m misremembering but it was in the ‘annoying but possible’ category when I went on unemployment for a bit like 4-5 years ago.

https://twitter.com/pauldebenedetto/status/1372530905563205637?s=21

lol

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Truly, truly despise this man
Ken once again looking out for everyday Texans by pitching a hissy fit over a construction project in Montana

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1372594780056776708
Nor am I but whoever you are, I thank you for your service and I hope that whatever coloring they use to give it that orange glow washes off easily

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keystone completes a pipeline that terminates in Port Arthur so there is a Texas element

It's not that he's suing over it, it's that he's doing it as a political stunt. (I mean gently caress him for suing over it, but that's not a surprise that a red state AG would sue the feds over an oil project in his state)

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hihohe posted:

One part of me is like yes i love KotH on the other hand, I like KotH because it ended and is unable to disappoint me now.

He has rebooted Beavis and Butthead twice and made it work, I think KotH will be in good hands.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

hopefully we'll all see Ken Paxton in court soon but they keep delaying his loving trial

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's really annoying that this rear end in a top hat and Ted Cruz are what the nation thinks of now when they hear "texas"

Make it anything else. Make it Bowling for Soup

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Keystone completes a pipeline that terminates in Port Arthur so there is a Texas element

It's not that he's suing over it, it's that he's doing it as a political stunt. (I mean gently caress him for suing over it, but that's not a surprise that a red state AG would sue the feds over an oil project in his state)

Is there actually any work on it to be done in Texas? I was under the impression that main pipeline was already built and completed and its just a larger, more direct segment from Alberta-Nebraska that is up in the air (but it's entirely possible I'm mistaken). I suppose it's a dumb political stunt either way, I'm just curious exactly how dumb.

Parrotine posted:

He has rebooted Beavis and Butthead twice and made it work, I think KotH will be in good hands.

Is the new Beavis and Butthead stuff actually out yet? I thought that only got announced recently.

I'm not exactly encouraged by how Silicon Valley turned out. It had flashes of brilliance but I thought it got worse over time and started pulling its punches at some point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blotto_Otter posted:

Is there actually any work on it to be done in Texas? I was under the impression that main pipeline was already built and completed and its just a larger, more direct segment from Alberta-Nebraska that is up in the air (but it's entirely possible I'm mistaken). I suppose it's a dumb political stunt either way, I'm just curious exactly how dumb.

No, but it will definitely affect the O&G market here so I don't think it's outside of his purview.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

No, but it will definitely affect the O&G market here so I don't think it's outside of his purview.

What doesn't though? Using that logic Ken could sue other states over their DOT, environmental, and hazmat regulations because they make it harder to transport oil products.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

What doesn't though? Using that logic Ken could sue other states over their DOT, environmental, and hazmat regulations because they make it harder to transport oil products.

That's a fair point (and I'm sure he will if he sees a political benefit, he sued PA over their election laws) but those are more tenuous links than actual pipes on Texas soil. I don't think he should sue but if the AG of Oklahoma was announcing a suit, and didn't cap it off with a "heh can't wait to constantly sue you the FEDS", I'd disagree but I wouldn't say it was beyond his scope. If it was the AG of Arizona I would.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Turner has announced the black guy who will take all the blame for everything wrong with the HPD for the last 10 years before quitting in 2023 and being replaced by a white guy.

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1372643871713284096

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so what's Finner's body count

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So hes one of the political appointees that are also responsible for the controversial poo poo under art. Hooray.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AKMcGlinchy/status/1372658538087124996

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Shifty Pony posted:

*commerce clause intensifies*

Oklahoma should sue Texas because Texas roads were such poo poo during the storm they couldn’t send or receive their oil products

This is why the federal government exists goddammit!!! gently caress States’ rights!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Actually it's about's State's Right's for slavery to make comical amounts of money in a disaster.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
https://www.sacurrent.com/Flavor/archives/2021/03/15/san-antonio-restaurant-noodle-tree-vandalized-following-owners-appearance-on-cnn

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but goddamn, why are people so loving terrible?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

quote:

“Racists’ spray paint must be cheaper than the other stuff, because we were able to clean it all up in one afternoon,” Nguyen said. “That poo poo came right off.”

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

haha what a great quote