Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
fatty spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

THS posted:

i suggest a lottery system with a community recall vote

or The Lottery

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I understand this is just a dumb website but this weird line on what is and isn't a concentration camp is complete bullshit. gently caress every single dumbfuck mod and admin for falling for this blatant propaganda. And how fat is fluffdaddy?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's not a weird line it's a line a fascist would use

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
watching the course correction on this has been pretty jarring given how sudden it feels compared to other poo poo where it changes over a few years

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreylad posted:

watching the course correction on this has been pretty jarring given how sudden it feels compared to other poo poo where it changes over a few years

it's a stark contrast to, you know, last year, when people were talking about this, or two years ago, when people were giving a real concentrated poo poo about it as well

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dreylad posted:

yeah just a total about-face with no introspection whatsoever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

GalacticAcid posted:

fatty spotted

yeah I had thyroid cancer and my metabolism is hosed. it sucks bigly

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the main reason lf was destroyed was because it criticized the obama regime too harshly lol

didnt even last til obama destroyed libya in 2011

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
will cspam last till biden destroys libya again in 2022 tho

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah just a total about-face with no introspection whatsoever

hey, the press secretary said they were 'facilities' which is definitely not cages anymore, and therefore it's no longer a concentration camp

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

btw i know we're batting pretty bad on predictions but basically everyone with a brain in cspam knew that would happen, and it did. broken clocks and all that

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
americans are well know for being terrible at concentrating

they’re very good at being abused as unpaid interns though

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

imagine there was a popular trump-leaning forum on the internet and in their main politics discussion they banned calling them concentration camps under the justification it made people hysterical

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

dex_sda posted:

btw i know we're batting pretty bad on predictions but basically everyone with a brain in cspam knew that would happen, and it did. broken clocks and all that

broken clocks, broken brains, can’t lose

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
not even schumer admitting russiagate was all made up recently (i think it was him?) is all that shocking because it always felt half-hearted at the best of times

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

imagine there was a popular trump-leaning forum on the internet and in their main politics discussion they banned calling them concentration camps under the justification it made people hysterical

lol

imagine them starting to call them concentration camps after Biden’s inauguration

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Calling them concentration camps makes it hard for the pro- and anti-camp sides to find a middle ground, presumably on which to build more camps.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

we can just repurpose the concentration camps and there would be nothing to fight over

👏bring👏back👏gulags👏

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

except unironically

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Calling them concentration camps makes it hard for the pro- and anti-camp sides to find a middle ground, presumably on which to build more camps.

democrats thinking right now how to build half a concentration camp

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
concentration summer camp

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Those posters should be unbanned because it is complete loving crap that it should cost someone ten dollars because a dumb mod couldn't defend their dumb as hell position on what is and isn't a goddamn concentration camp.

Serf
May 5, 2011

strong daddy biden is president now so all the bad things are, in fact, good now. the cheeto benito is gone, what complaints could you possibly have left? lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
there definitely some people who thought it was dumb when i posted the primary-era kamala harris tweet about sexism, racism, etc being national security threats and well lmao here we are

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Serf posted:

strong daddy biden is president now so all the bad things are, in fact, good now. the cheeto benito is gone, what complaints could you possibly have left? lmao

This.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

comedyblissoption posted:

the main reason lf was destroyed was because it criticized the obama regime too harshly lol

didnt even last til obama destroyed libya in 2011

counting down the days until Jeffrey announces a fictional secret service visit to justify closing cspam in combo with Extreme Mod Sass

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jeffrey of CIA

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

counting down the days until Jeffrey announces a fictional secret service visit to justify closing cspam in combo with Extreme Mod Sass

There shall always be sassing

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

“I don’t have to explain myself to you” is one of those phrases that sounds really bitchin and cool in a movie and is completely petulant and dorky whenever its deployed in real life

weast
Nov 7, 2012

i wonder why mods would be for camps full of children

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

misadventurous posted:

“I don’t have to explain myself to you” is one of those phrases that sounds really bitchin and cool in a movie and is completely petulant and dorky whenever its deployed in real life

if you say this to someone and you aren't their parent you're a fuckin mega herb

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

also acceptable: tell that to a cop in the interrogation box, followed by demanding your lawyer

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

dex_sda posted:

also acceptable: tell that to a cop in the interrogation box, followed by demanding your lawyer

:haibrower:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

any good sources for good leftist critique of china that isn't from people who are connected to the cia or weird trotskyist cults? or like perspectives on china that are evenhanded? tia

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

any good sources for good leftist critique of china that isn't from people who are connected to the cia or weird trotskyist cults? or like perspectives on china that are evenhanded? tia

Any particular focus? "China" is a pretty diverse topic so if you mean economic then look into critiques of Dengism and the move to state capitalism, if you mean cultural then look into stuff about Han supremacy, if about the governmental style then... tbh even Wikipedia can show you how comically onion-layered the system is.

Can probably give better/specific answers if you have a particular focus.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Yossarian-22 posted:

no, not on the public internet, and while this is probably a well-intentioned question it is misguided. witness the massacre in atlanta this week. as a leftist on the public internet, your line should be 1) gently caress america and 2) gently caress whiteness

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

looks like he also read What Is To Be Dumb

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's this book called "The Governance of China" that you might be interested in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Weren't the majority of the victims Korean? I know that there's been this weird PRC tankie response to the racist serial murder about it being proof that anti-PRC propaganda caused this but if anything that's more a grossness on their end.

I'm assuming Yossarian asked because China clapped Biden's cheeks in Alaska today.