Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time someone posted about a game in here without having recently beat it. NSFL.

https://streamable.com/0bpr9d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The last time someone posted about a game in here without having recently beat it. NSFL.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
wellcum 2 imploft

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i guess i overestimated the amount of people that play 1000 year old fps games on this forum because when i woke up this morning i was expecting a flame war over hexen/heretic and not literally everything else that actually happened

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last man to lie about finishing a game? Gunpei Yokoi.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

POV 35 minutes after you asked the Boys to defend their FF tier lists

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Needless to say that was the last time anyone used wifi in the IZ Invitational.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FINN TUTUOLA: Forensics came back. Found a bunch of Killing Floor 2 vouchers on the body

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

POV 35 minutes after you asked the Boys to defend their FF tier lists

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also lmfao when halfway through the camera spins around and one of the identical topless dudes is just slamming something against a wal

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FINN TUTUOLA: Forensics came back. Found a bunch of Killing Floor 2 vouchers on the body

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Astro’s Playroom. A cute fun little platformer in its own right even though at the end of the day it’s really a tech demo for all the DualShock 5’s new features.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

1. amid evil
2. links awakening remake
3. deus ex human revolution
4. castlevania (nes)
save state only once at the start of each stage. now this is nintendo hard. i had to fight death without holy water and i feel like i earned that kill. onto simons quest :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dragon quest. its insane how much longer i thought this game was when i was a kid, i thought it was this big epic adventure and it took like three days of nonstop gaming to beat. this time it took like five hours lol. still a great game though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

dragon quest. its insane how much longer i thought this game was when i was a kid, i thought it was this big epic adventure and it took like three days of nonstop gaming to beat. this time it took like five hours lol. still a great game though

sounds like a good game to through in the rotation for anyone looking to up their count. thanks for the tip

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
never played a DQ and dont know if i could tackle a long jrpg, so might be a good idea to start with it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's a super chill game, pretty much all grinding and some light dungeon crawling. perfect game to play while watching tv on the couch

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

what were you watching?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fadam posted:

what were you watching?

a dragon quest lets play

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

original dq is almost all grind, but it's just so charming. i don't know how it would hold up if you didn't play it as a kid, i like to return to it every now and then just to beat up a few goldmen.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

4. castlevania (nes)
save state only once at the start of each stage. now this is nintendo hard. i had to fight death without holy water and i feel like i earned that kill. onto simons quest :)

congrats, that's an achievement. I've gotten to the screen right before Death and it kinda melts my brain right before i die in two seconds

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

original dq is almost all grind, but it's just so charming. i don't know how it would hold up if you didn't play it as a kid, i like to return to it every now and then just to beat up a few goldmen.

I played it for the first time last year and loved it, it definitely holds up. It’s very simple now compared to how RPGs have evolved since but that gives it its own charm, the 1-on-1 fights make for a more chill experience and it’s cool how every level-up and equipment upgrade makes an extremely noticeable difference

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah thats one thing i really enjoyed, you get
these level ups where you gain like 10 strength or 20 max hp and all of a sudden the enemies youre struggling to kill are pretty easy. there isnt much to the game but its charming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fadam posted:

what were you watching?

cobra kai

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kull the Conqueror posted:

congrats, that's an achievement. I've gotten to the screen right before Death and it kinda melts my brain right before i die in two seconds
definitely one i will put on my asus brand bulletin board. a lot of this ends up just being dumb luck. you try the same level 20 times and its the one where you take damage immediately from dumb mistakes that ends up being the winner.

quote:

1. amid evil
2. links awakening remake
3. deus ex human revolution
4. castlevania 1
5. castlevania 2: simon's quest

the puzzles are about as complex as pushwalls in wolfenstein. if you talk to every single npc and throw holy water at every tile you'll figure it out eventually (except the two parts you have to kneel). the game itself is very very easy. there's only three bosses and all of them die without doing much. i enjoy the semi-open world and rpg elements, this is castlevania's zelda 2. thank you Brian P. Sulpher from gamefaqs

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

BSulpher ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I played it for the first time last year and loved it, it definitely holds up. It’s very simple now compared to how RPGs have evolved since but that gives it its own charm, the 1-on-1 fights make for a more chill experience and it’s cool how every level-up and equipment upgrade makes an extremely noticeable difference

yeah as a kid it owned to get clowned on by the green dragon and then get like, one level up and show him who's boss and rescue the princess.

I'm still impressed at how the music changed just a little bit on every floor of the dragon lord's castle, it still makes it feel like a nail biter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

Uou probably played a newb remake with faster exp gain. Die!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Crosscode + A New Home DLC

Absolutely phenomenal. Can't believe I dropped this game after the first area back in 2018, but at least now I got to jump right into the DLC.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Glad to get in on the first page.

1. 1/8 Cyberpunk 2077 Temperance Ending, all side missions
2. 3/11 Stardew Valley Grandpa Evaluation: 4 Candles
3. 3/21 Persona 5: The Royale plat

Finally beat PErsona 5 Royale this weekend. The ending after the last boss is literally 3 hours long and It caused a fight with my wife because I wouldnt eat my dinner, thinking it was going to end soon (it did not loving end soon).

Goddamn...what a wild journey...147 hours and 29 minutes total lmfao...

This game was long, the story fell off massively, but the battle system and style was good enough to keep me going. If I had one thiong to say to sum up this game is that it wore out its welcome immensely.

spoliers!

The main story blew chunks and the Akechi character was horrible. Dude literally killed two of the main characters parents and tried to kill the Joker and everyone gets sad when hes gonna disappear...who honestly gives a gently caress lol, Like he never endeared himself to me in any way and I was not shocked in the slightest the he was the betrayer. LAst semester was assy too. The dorky loving councillor changed reality because his girlfriend was sad...give me a break you dumb nerdy son of a bitch. Get another girlfriend!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did you 100% the game lol? How did it take you nearly 150 hours?

EDIT: Saw the plat note. Congrats pimp, that's a ton of work. What squad did you like the most?

EDIT:

fadam fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 22, 2021

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

fadam posted:

Did you 100% the game lol? How did it take you nearly 150 hours?

EDIT: Saw the plat note. Congrats pimp, that's a ton of work. What squad did you like the most?

I did all the confidants and everything, but I don't think I'm that slow... probably talked to the townsfolk too much and listening to the dialogue to train my Nihongo inflated the time.

My best team was Ryuji, Ann and Morgana. Their abilities just outshine everyone else (healing, charge and concentrate...no contest)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I did all the confidants and everything, but I don't think I'm that slow... probably talked to the townsfolk too much and listening to the dialogue to train my Nihongo inflated the time.

My best team was Ryuji, Ann and Morgana. Their abilities just outshine everyone else (healing, charge and concentrate...no contest)

I thought Yusuke was the best by a lot just because with a crit accessory and buffs he breaks resist shields insanely fast for basically no resources. I kept him in and just rotated people in and out to keep them leveled but I thought the final character you get, Yusuke and Ryuji were easily the most fun to play as. My only real complaint about the game (other than the story being kind of boring) is that a lot of the characters just feel kind of weak, and when the roster is so small that kind of hurts.

150 hours is three times as long as it took me but I didn't do the grinding to get my bond up to 99 lol. I also wasn't taming a nihongo or whatever. Congrats again!

fadam fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 22, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Finally beat PErsona 5 Royale this weekend. The ending after the last boss is literally 3 hours long and It caused a fight with my wife because I wouldnt eat my dinner, thinking it was going to end soon (it did not loving end soon).

Goddamn...what a wild journey...147 hours and 29 minutes total lmfao...

This game was long, the story fell off massively, but the battle system and style was good enough to keep me going. If I had one thiong to say to sum up this game is that it wore out its welcome immensely.

spoliers!

The main story blew chunks and the Akechi character was horrible. Dude literally killed two of the main characters parents and tried to kill the Joker and everyone gets sad when hes gonna disappear...who honestly gives a gently caress lol, Like he never endeared himself to me in any way and I was not shocked in the slightest the he was the betrayer. LAst semester was assy too. The dorky loving councillor changed reality because his girlfriend was sad...give me a break you dumb nerdy son of a bitch. Get another girlfriend!

lmao a lot of that extra story wasn't in the original and he was still terrible. gently caress you atlus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Crosscode

I liked this game a lot starting out, but it was too drat long and the dungeons were a drag. This game took me 34 hours to beat. Overall very nice though.

The stuff outside the dungeons is paced very well and advances the story. Then they throw you in a dungeon and it just goes on forever and every room has a long rear end puzzle you have to do and there’s like a million rooms

Baxate fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 22, 2021